AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2006-03-09, 03:15   Link #181
Ninja82

Hello. I have a guide for SSA.
In the rotation commands (frx,fry,frz) is writting this: "{\frx<degrees>} would rotate about the X axis (imagine a pig roasting over an open pit) {\fry<degrees>} would rotate about the Y axis (imagine a pole dancer swinging around the steel pole)"

What i want is for example in the "\fry" NOT to swing around the steel pole. Think of that dancer to swing around himself. I hope you understand what i mean.
If not please look at the karaoke of Anime-Kraze in Angel Heart you will understand.
(I know probably that karaoke was made by another software than SSA)

If you have any idea how to do this please tell me.
Thanks.
Ninja82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 04:51   Link #182
Sergejack

Send a message via MSN to Sergejack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja82
Hello. I have a guide for SSA.
In the rotation commands (frx,fry,frz) is writting this: "{\frx<degrees>} would rotate about the X axis (imagine a pig roasting over an open pit) {\fry<degrees>} would rotate about the Y axis (imagine a pole dancer swinging around the steel pole)"

What i want is for example in the "\fry" NOT to swing around the steel pole. Think of that dancer to swing around himself. I hope you understand what i mean.
If not please look at the karaoke of Anime-Kraze in Angel Heart you will understand.

Thanks.
Why not to tell us what you want instead of telling us what you don't want?
Sergejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 04:58   Link #183
Ninja82

I want the letters to rotate on the way i said above.

Out of subject.
Any ideas how to fix this error in After effect? Every time i am trying to import Xvid video file i am getting this error.
"After Effects Error: retrieving frame from video stream (3) (53::34)"
Ninja82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 05:39   Link #184
Edge
(*^ヮ')b

Quote:

Thanks.
You're going to have to use the {\org(x,y)} command in conjunction with {\fry} to rearrange the position around which the syllables are spinning.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 07:04   Link #185
Sergejack

Send a message via MSN to Sergejack
Quote:
Ok then, to not spin like a dancer : use no {\fr?} but the {uselessXXX} mark, where XXX is any angle you sure don't want the text to rotate.
I can't say for sure this is a "trick" AK would use, but it does work.
Sergejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 16:11   Link #186
raiZarharva
what was it i put here?

Quote:

Out of subject.
Any ideas how to fix this error in After effect? Every time i am trying to import Xvid video file i am getting this error.
"After Effects Error: retrieving frame from video stream (3) (53::34)"

AFTER EFFECTS doesnt like support XVID or any avi stuff i believe.... um it comes up with that error every time unless the video u have to import as been encoded by a codec like "Huffy" or if an "uncompressed" video which would be large in size since no true container i suppose.
raiZarharva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 04:49   Link #187
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiZarharva
AFTER EFFECTS doesnt like support XVID or any avi stuff i believe.... um it comes up with that error every time unless the video u have to import as been encoded by a codec like "Huffy" or if an "uncompressed" video which would be large in size since no true container i suppose.
Yes, Adobe software tends to *hate* working with anything other than intraframe video. After Effects tend to behave a bit better, as you can use its built in facilities to import and export Lagarith, HuffYUV, etc. Adobe Premiere's VFW support is severely broken, and you'll need a frameserving plugin to properly export compressed avi files. Personally, I recommend working with some lossless codec like HuffYUV or Lagarith(if you have the processing power). Motion JPEG is a good choice if you just want a preview and are starving for space. ffdshow has a workable, if not slow, implementation of mjpeg which you can enable for VFW.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 19:32   Link #188
SCR512
Ayu/Eclipse Semi-Slave

Send a message via AIM to SCR512
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Yes, Adobe software tends to *hate* working with anything other than intraframe video. After Effects tend to behave a bit better, as you can use its built in facilities to import and export Lagarith, HuffYUV, etc. Adobe Premiere's VFW support is severely broken, and you'll need a frameserving plugin to properly export compressed avi files. Personally, I recommend working with some lossless codec like HuffYUV or Lagarith(if you have the processing power). Motion JPEG is a good choice if you just want a preview and are starving for space. ffdshow has a workable, if not slow, implementation of mjpeg which you can enable for VFW.
Yeah, I would suggest using Lagarith. I've been using Lagarith for a good amount of time and have yet to encounter any horrid issues. Also when karaoke or typesetting a fansub, I would suggest making clips of the sign or karaoke and then compressing that out to Lagarith. Once you have done whatever then you can render out a RGBA and overlay it in the final encode using AVS.
SCR512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 01:14   Link #189
DeathWolf

vble is a very good candidate for input video because:
1.it works internally in yv12(and 99% of the time you'll have yv12 sources)
2.it works flawlessly in afx for input
3.it compresses well

Lag/huffy tend to disagree with afx if you use yv12...
They are great for output though.
DeathWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 01:19   Link #190
SayaSP
Why am I here?

Gah, I have ran into another problem. Viewing the video in Aegisub, I can see everything clearly. However when viewed in VDub, the kanji is all ASCII'ed. I have the kanji on a japanese font. Is it some text encoding detail I missed? Help please.
SayaSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 02:39   Link #191
Eddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayaSP
Gah, I have ran into another problem. Viewing the video in Aegisub, I can see everything clearly. However when viewed in VDub, the kanji is all ASCII'ed. I have the kanji on a japanese font. Is it some text encoding detail I missed? Help please.
change the ass/ssa file encoding to unicode...
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 04:43   Link #192
jfs
Aegisub dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy
change the ass/ssa file encoding to unicode...
Which is bluntly put, nonsense. Unicode is not an encoding but a character repetoire and a set of various rules. Old versions of DirectVobSub (old name of VSFilter/TextSub, version 2.23 and earlier) only support one Unicode encoding, UTF-16, which is what Windows Notepad saves in if you choose "Unicode" in Save As.
Later versions of TextSub (aka. VSFilter) support both UTF-16 and UTF-8, but I will strongly recommend UTF-8, simply because it's smaller in almost every case.
If you're using an old version of DVobSub without UTF-8 support I strongly suggest you upgrade. (Link to latest build on SourceForge)

Another important point to note is that most fonts misbehave when using Japanese text, if you don't set the encoding field in the style to Japanese, ie. numeric value 128. (If you have a file in a non-Unicode encoding, setting that also allows you to use Shift-JIS encoding for text in that style. You can also switch encoding inline using the \fe override.)
Note that this may be required even if the file is using a Unicode encoding!

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 08:05   Link #193
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Also note that Aegisub saves in UTF-8 by default.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 10:04   Link #194
SayaSP
Why am I here?

Thanks for the information. The problem was an old version, 2.23 to be exact. (._. ) Works perfectly now.
SayaSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 18:32   Link #195
errorrrr

What's the tag for gaps in a setence where the singer breathes... Substation Alpha auomtically adjust the k-tags to occupy the whole sentence... Is there a shocrut to timing sylabble? Or just have to keep chaing the k-tags so the timings are righT? For example, this is the first line from Kiss Me Good-Bye (FFXII):

Dialogue: Marked=0,0:00:11.47,0:00:20.08,*Default,,0000,0000 ,0000,Karaoke,{\k111}You {\k111}say {\k83}my {\k139}love {\k83}is {\k111}all {\k111}you {\k112}need

Unlike timing regular sub where there are grab time, I had to manually edit each k-values to the right length... and if there gaps I fill it up with the word before the gap. Is there a more efficient way?
errorrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 21:24   Link #196
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Use a better program - both Medusa and Aegisub have quite efficient karaoke timing modes (I'm unsure about Sabbu, but I imagine it has one as well).

As for timing pauses, maybe an example will explain it best:
Code:
Dialogue: 0,0:00:07.51,0:00:14.50,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,{\k19}Su{\k27}su{\k130}me{\k32} {\k18}to{\k40}ki{\k0} {\k22}no{\k0} {\k33}ha{\k7}{\k35}te{\k0} {\k336}he
Note the {\k0}'s for most spaces - this isn't required, but it's useful for some evil purposes, such as creating fancy effects using various scripts or effect makers. Also note that you can put two \k tags in a row, or put a \k tag on a space - both will create a "pause" since nothing will be drawn during the time of that \k.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 22:05   Link #197
errorrrr

I have sabbu, but I dont' even see a karaoke mode... -_-''' I have the latest ver.
errorrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 22:27   Link #198
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
Quote:
Originally Posted by errorrrr
I have sabbu, but I dont' even see a karaoke mode... -_-''' I have the latest ver.
The latest sabbu sure doesn't have karaoke mode.
In fact, only a handful of versions of sabbu ever had working karaoke mode. Personally, I use Sabbu 0.2.7 Beta 14 when I need to time karaoke.
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 06:34   Link #199
G.U.N.D.A.M

how can I do a karaoke with adobe after effect ?
G.U.N.D.A.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 22:58   Link #200
DeathWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.U.N.D.A.M
how can I do a karaoke with adobe after effect ?
buy a valid licence and learn how to use it?
DeathWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fansubbing, karaoke, software