AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-05-22, 20:27   Link #21
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

After thinking for while for the first time I think we should pick a anime from 2000 and up. The reason for this is because some people are alienated by when the anime was made.
So the list of anime are.

Baccano!
Mononoke
Mushishi
Haibane Renmei
Sketchbook ~full color'S
Denno Coil
Oh! Edo Rocket

I will be honest I only saw two of the series in there, Baccano! and Haibane, others I only have heard of them. So out of those anime I have two ideas of choosing, either by voting, which I personally don't like it but seems to be much more efficent, or by discussing and then choosng, an ideal plan for me but it is not very efficient. Though there is another method, which would be me choosing but if I do that I think I will alienate lot of people, as they had no opinion on it.

I am going to keep saying this, more respond would be appreciated, I don't care if it is criticism and to be honest criticism is welcomed because I want to fix many flaw as I could do. Also please if anyone have any anime to nominate I will list them as I am going to make this very lenient.
Old 2008-05-23, 03:32   Link #22
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Well, I am gonna take your comment to heart and give you my thoughs on this idea of yours.

Let's see......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
There are lot of animes that goes unnoticed, the biggest one I say is Baccano!
Quote:
Baccano! is the first anime that comes to my mind, really amazing and more people should watch it.
Quote:
Though personally I am leaning to Baccano! but I am not sure how many people will go with that.
You seriously need to drop the idea of trying to convice others to do sigs and avies of a show you obviously like. >_<!

Let everyone decide on their own and then try to "chain" the whole concept with a small logo or something that anyone can incorporate into their works ( ala the Saimoe sigs)

Dont worry about the show being too old or too rare; If people feel an anime they like it's not getting enough attention, just let them have a go at it.

Quote:
Though there is another method, which would be me choosing
Like I said above, dont try to turn this into an ad campaign for any show in particular. >_< !
Old 2008-05-23, 03:48   Link #23
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Following up with what Daniel said, start with a rough outline of what you want to do. You'll find that people will be more interested when things are laid out somewhat logically, and if you leave it open enough so that people won't feel like they aren't part of the process.

As an example, when I started the SOTM. I built off the previous idea someone had for a signature contest. I outlined some suggestions and people liked them so it kinda built from there. After getting some community input, the way the contest was run and the rules around it were more clarified. And even now after almost five months running, we're still ironing out things. I doubt it will ever be perfect but for the most part people are happy with it, with some voting tweaks still being debated on.

The most important part of any contest/campaign/organized event is that the community is what builds it and keeps it going. But also remember that people are more likely to help build it if they are also part of the process too.
Old 2008-05-23, 07:15   Link #24
Slice of Life
eyewitness

I'm all for promoting underappreciated anime although I have neither the time nor the skills to create a signature. But maybe I can at least add some useful thoughts.

An anime is underappreciated when it doesn't get as much attention as it deserves. The "as it deserves" is the tricky part. This is something that obviously cannot be decided by a democratic vote.If five people out of a small group agree that a certain anime is underappreciated then it's already a good sign that the opposite is the case. So I would leave that decision to the individual. Also, because otherwise you probably wouldn't get much participants.

Now you have to restict the choice somehow because otherwise the fanboys will jump in, I fear, who think that as long as half of the world's population haven't seen their most beloved anime it is clearly underappreciated. And soon you'll have Haruhi and Naruto and Cowboy Bebop all flagged under "underappreciated". That Soul Eater has been proposed here can be seen as a warning. No offence, but when an anime with its own subforum is underappreciated then which isn't? People make sigs for such anime anyway so where's the point.

So I'd make some rules to prevent the most popular stuff to become part of the official campaign. One could for example outrule any anime that is in the Animenfo Top 200 meaning it got at least 40 reviews there. 117 people for example bothered to write a review about Haibane Renmei. I love this anime to bits. But underappreciated? I don't think so. For newer anime (> 2005 maybe) I would restrict myself to those who have less than x posts/episode in their thread here at animesuki. I have no suggestion for the value of x; one would have to actually look into typical threads to decide.

If you make sure to have strict limits you can probably convince the powers that be to allow a thread for it in the general anime forum where anybody can make a post about why he thinks that a particular anime is worth watching, with links to Animenfo, Anidb, and ANN or whatever. And then you can link your sig to that post.

Just my 2 cents, hopefully helpful.
Old 2008-05-23, 10:05   Link #25
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
You'll find that people will be more interested when things are laid out somewhat logically, and if you leave it open enough so that people won't feel like they aren't part of the process.
Oh yes, the more meat you have on the table, the better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
Now you have to restict the choice somehow because otherwise the fanboys will jump in, I fear, who think that as long as half of the world's population haven't seen their most beloved anime it is clearly underappreciated.
Agree again, if anything can be labeled as underappreciated, the campaign will lose a lot of its original meaning.

And TD, be sure to check the list Slice of Life has as his sig right now. At least half of those fit the description quite nicely.
Old 2008-05-23, 17:16   Link #26
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Well, I am gonna take your comment to heart and give you my thoughs on this idea of yours.

Let's see......

You seriously need to drop the idea of trying to convice others to do sigs and avies of a show you obviously like. >_<!

Let everyone decide on their own and then try to "chain" the whole concept with a small logo or something that anyone can incorporate into their works ( ala the Saimoe sigs)

Dont worry about the show being too old or too rare; If people feel an anime they like it's not getting enough attention, just let them have a go at it.

Like I said above, dont try to turn this into an ad campaign for any show in particular. >_< !
Hey Baccano! is amazing and it does need the recognition, but I will stop talking about Baccano!...fro now . Also for first time I had no plan to do Baccano!(or crap I said Baccano! again ) and I really wanted to focus on other shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Following up with what Daniel said, start with a rough outline of what you want to do. You'll find that people will be more interested when things are laid out somewhat logically, and if you leave it open enough so that people won't feel like they aren't part of the process.

As an example, when I started the SOTM. I built off the previous idea someone had for a signature contest. I outlined some suggestions and people liked them so it kinda built from there. After getting some community input, the way the contest was run and the rules around it were more clarified. And even now after almost five months running, we're still ironing out things. I doubt it will ever be perfect but for the most part people are happy with it, with some voting tweaks still being debated on.

The most important part of any contest/campaign/organized event is that the community is what builds it and keeps it going. But also remember that people are more likely to help build it if they are also part of the process too.
I am trying that but you know I am not really an organized person so yeah... And trust me I want more people to be part of this process and I will be happy to listen to all type of ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
I'm all for promoting underappreciated anime although I have neither the time nor the skills to create a signature. But maybe I can at least add some useful thoughts.

An anime is underappreciated when it doesn't get as much attention as it deserves. The "as it deserves" is the tricky part. This is something that obviously cannot be decided by a democratic vote.If five people out of a small group agree that a certain anime is underappreciated then it's already a good sign that the opposite is the case. So I would leave that decision to the individual. Also, because otherwise you probably wouldn't get much participants.

Now you have to restict the choice somehow because otherwise the fanboys will jump in, I fear, who think that as long as half of the world's population haven't seen their most beloved anime it is clearly underappreciated. And soon you'll have Haruhi and Naruto and Cowboy Bebop all flagged under "underappreciated". That Soul Eater has been proposed here can be seen as a warning. No offence, but when an anime with its own subforum is underappreciated then which isn't? People make sigs for such anime anyway so where's the point.

So I'd make some rules to prevent the most popular stuff to become part of the official campaign. One could for example outrule any anime that is in the Animenfo Top 200 meaning it got at least 40 reviews there. 117 people for example bothered to write a review about Haibane Renmei. I love this anime to bits. But underappreciated? I don't think so. For newer anime (> 2005 maybe) I would restrict myself to those who have less than x posts/episode in their thread here at animesuki. I have no suggestion for the value of x; one would have to actually look into typical threads to decide.

If you make sure to have strict limits you can probably convince the powers that be to allow a thread for it in the general anime forum where anybody can make a post about why he thinks that a particular anime is worth watching, with links to Animenfo, Anidb, and ANN or whatever. And then you can link your sig to that post.

Just my 2 cents, hopefully helpful.
Holy crap!what you told me just made campaign lot easier. I haven't thought a way to have a limitation but what you told me helped a lot.

I thought about for a while and this is the idea that I came up with.

1. He/She could make a sig or simply request a sig from sig request seciton, then he/she post about the description of the anime and why should someone watch it. Then they could link their sig to their post also other people could use the same sig with link to the post, of course with the permission from the poster.

2. The limitation for the anime are that if it was out after 2005(because of the forum crash, thanks to Solace for the info) it must have less than or equal to Xpages( I am think maybe 20 or 30). The other limitation is that the anime must have less then 40 review anime in Animenfo's list (other list would be very appreciated).

So far that's the best I could do, I wonder will this be too chaotic?
Old 2008-05-23, 18:04   Link #27
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Yea good campaigns, umm hope more animes ... gets appreciated... umm wut?
Old 2008-05-23, 18:09   Link #28
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Hey Baccano! is amazing and it does need the recognition, but I will stop talking about Baccano!...fro now . Also for first time I had no plan to do Baccano!(or crap I said Baccano! again ) and I really wanted to focus on other shows.
Sorry, didn't mean to say that you should stop talking about that show. >_< !

I just feel it would be a bit of a waste if the whole campaign would end up supporting one show at a time.
Old 2008-05-24, 15:13   Link #29
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

The biggest problem is that most of the people only wish to see animes that shows girl's panties... and no, I'm not joking
Old 2008-05-25, 01:14   Link #30
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
The biggest problem is that most of the people only wish to see animes that shows girl's panties... and no, I'm not joking
Sad, yet unfortunately true. Personally I never got the weird panties fetish most japanese men seem to have.
Old 2008-05-25, 05:50   Link #31
lsley
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Sad, yet unfortunately true. Personally I never got the weird panties fetish most japanese men seem to have.
Your just not honest with yourselve
Old 2008-05-25, 15:05   Link #32
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Sorry, didn't mean to say that you should stop talking about that show. >_< !

I just feel it would be a bit of a waste if the whole campaign would end up supporting one show at a time.
I didn't mind, I was juts joking anyhow and I agree that it would be a waste if campaign only focuses on one show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
But there should be few people who don't care about gir's panties. Though I think those type of people would watch hentai rather then regular animes .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Everyone has different fetishes so it's not that weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsley View Post
Your just not honest with yourselve
Nah panty fetish are overreated so I don't think lot of people have them as some people claims to .

Now seriously, I think I should start this soon and before starting. I think I should make a separate thread where people only post the sig and about the anime that they want to campaign.
Old 2008-06-02, 20:52   Link #33
Seditary
Ooooo what?!

I'd think you couldn't really limit what is created month to month except for the community decided animes that would get a little 'badge' to identify them as part of the underappreciated campaign.

Not entirely sure if I explained that properly.
Old 2008-06-02, 21:01   Link #34
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seditary View Post
I'd think you couldn't really limit what is created month to month except for the community decided animes that would get a little 'badge' to identify them as part of the underappreciated campaign.

Not entirely sure if I explained that properly.
Oh thanks for the respond, I kinda forgot about this after the forum upgrades . That's actually pretty good idea, putting a special tag or badge on the sig to mark it as a campaign. I really need to start this thing, I will try to sort out all the rules and idea and start this in about day or two.
Old 2008-06-08, 14:38   Link #35
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

This interests me, so I might participate.
I actually agree wholeheartedly with Baccano!, but I might put off sig-making until I torrent the DVD episodes.

About choosing new stuff, it might be a bit rough at best, but looking through ANN and MAL's top anime lists and finding the higher-rated ones with lower member views might help.
Baccano!, Mononoke, and Haibane Renmei would all fit.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote