Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Spoiler for for end of kai and probably the ovas:
Spoiler:
Eryops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 12:24   Link #902
maximilianjenus
[E]

yes, that's a more indepth explanation, I tried to oversimplify it.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 00:56   Link #903
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Q: Is K1's relative' funeral in the beginning of Ep 1 Season 1 have any connection to the overall plot but was not mentioned in Season 1 or 2?
If it will be mentioned in Rei, please then just say so (i haven't watched Season 3 yet, and don't want to be spoiled )
Old 2009-02-23, 01:59   Link #904
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I doubt that is mentioned in Rei.

As far as I can tell it was only connected to the plot of one arc. Maybe a few others if that was the reason for his parents leaving town for a bit. But part of the main plot...no.
Old 2009-02-23, 12:31   Link #905
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I doubt that is mentioned in Rei.

As far as I can tell it was only connected to the plot of one arc. Maybe a few others if that was the reason for his parents leaving town for a bit. But part of the main plot...no.
Thank

But seriously, i have remembered just now... that someone mentioned (in one of the old thread) about how he heard
Spoiler for Hanyuu and Hizamiwa disease:
Old 2009-02-23, 13:36   Link #906
maximilianjenus
[E]

Afaik, the relative's funeral and the father's friend's sickness are two separate events, as they happen independently in the onikakushi. I think that what changes the outcome is the timing of the parents for leaving k1 alone, if they do it too late we get an onikakushi, it the do it too early we get a tatarigoroshi if they do it in between we can get tsumihoroboshi or watanagashi, depending on the doll event.
Old 2009-02-25, 10:36   Link #907
Akane Yokutsu
Akane no Chi

I have all of the volumes out so far for Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni and in the back of the second volume after you read everything inside of the book it says next is the last volume (the amazing "Answer Arc!"). I couldn't believe myself! Could they really skip SO MUCH of the series!?

Do you think I am just seeing things or is this true? If it's true I'm gonna be really sad! This is such an amazing sries and they deside to just finish the manga like THAT!? Help.... T_T
Akane Yokutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 20:43   Link #908
CatQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akane Yokutsu View Post
I have all of the volumes out so far for Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni and in the back of the second volume after you read everything inside of the book it says next is the last volume (the amazing "Answer Arc!"). I couldn't believe myself! Could they really skip SO MUCH of the series!?

Do you think I am just seeing things or is this true? If it's true I'm gonna be really sad! This is such an amazing sries and they deside to just finish the manga like THAT!? Help.... T_T
It was like that in the original volume, too. They're continuing Higurashi with Watanagashi-hen next, as their website says.
http://yenpress.us/?page_id=454
CatQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 11:27   Link #909
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Gah.. I can't believe I forgot this, but what day in June is the Watanagashi Festival?
Old 2009-03-03, 11:30   Link #910
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

20th june.
Old 2009-03-03, 12:36   Link #911
EndlessDestiny

Send a message via AIM to EndlessDestiny Send a message via MSN to EndlessDestiny Send a message via Yahoo to EndlessDestiny
There's a post somewhere here that has a link in it to a vid on youtube on Hanyuu's past. Can anyone here link me to it? I have no idea where I found it before. Thanks.
Old 2009-03-10, 18:49   Link #912
Ace of Dragons
AKA Squirrel

In the TIPS for Tsumihoroboshi-hen, 'The Reason to Move to Hinamizawa," it's stated that Mr. Maebara saw two little girls with long hair playing in the field.

Spoiler for Matsuribayashi-hen:
Old 2009-03-12, 23:13   Link #913
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

Hmm, so after going through the last couple pages of this thread, I got a few questions of what I thought I understood but I guess not?

To the best of my knowledge, the entire, complete "whole" version of the complete Higurashi saga is the Visual Novel, right?

From that VN, the manga adaption was created, and additional manga shots, too. So question 1: were ALL of the VN arcs adapted into manga form, or if not, which ones? Also, not asking for links or anything of the sort, but what percent of the manga material is available in English?

From both of these sources, the anime adaption was derived, which covered many VN arcs and some very short original arcs. So question 2: which arcs did the anime cover, and which did they not? Which are going to be covered in the OVA? Is the OVA one arc or a couple? Why were those arcs chosen to be animated in the OVA, not in the 2 seasons proper? Will the OVA end with a good end or a bad end or discontinued?

If someone could just clarify that all, I'd appreciate it. And sorry if I'm reiterating what's been said in this thread but I skimmed back and I didn't see it, but my apologies in advance, anyways. Basically, I'm looking for info on all the arcs in all of Higurashi canon, and which of these each specific media covered. And also, out of all this media, how much is actually accessible in English? Again, not asking for links or anything similar; just want to know if it's available or not.

Thanks.
Change of Pace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 00:14   Link #914
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

On the arcs question, The main 4 question and 4 answer arcs were animated (along with one additional anime only arc to fill in the things left out of the first season that needed mentioning for the rest of the story to make sense).

The OVAs cover four more arcs (the Cat Killing Chapter from between Season 1 and 2 I suppose could be seen as an OVA arc). Three of the arcs are more or less random stories that don't really effect the main plot and could be played for humor. The meat of the current OVA series is one last arc that is effected by the main story..the epiloge I guess it could be called. The OVA's where not animated with the rest of the seasons because they didn't tie into the main plot line of the mysteries and the last three episode arc rounds out the story, but was not part of the story proper.

Also the VNs were released one arc at a time for the most part, aside from the comedy stories were sometimes added on to a disc for the main arcs. the ninth arc was released last with one or two short comedy arcs, but was not a question or answer arc, thus wasn't needed in the main two seasons I suppose.

As for the manga, I think the manga thread has a listing of all the various arcs that have been realeased (and translated so far I supppose)
Old 2009-03-13, 14:22   Link #915
EndlessDestiny

Send a message via AIM to EndlessDestiny Send a message via MSN to EndlessDestiny Send a message via Yahoo to EndlessDestiny
I've got a few questions:

1) Does anyone know the exact ages of everyone? I know the age order (Mion, Keiichi, Rena, then Satoko and Rika (not too sure about Rika and Satoko though))

2) Why did Ooishi behave the way he did in Tatarigoroshi-hen? He seemed like a fairly nice guy in the other chapters. I can understand acting that way toward Keiichi after the supposed murder of Teppei, but he was nasty the first time they met.

3) Everytime I watch Watanagashi-hen and Meakashi-hen I search for any signs of the twin switch that I heard exists in the original visual novel. Has anyone come across any signs of it in the anime? What about the PS2 visual novel and manga?
Old 2009-03-13, 14:31   Link #916
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

1) No, this wasn't never confirmed, even in the game.
Most theories are like this: Keiichi and Rena are either 14 or 16/17, Mion and Shion are likewise 15 or 17/18. Satoko's age was confirmed as 1 digit in 1981, so she is at most 11 years old. Rika was confirmed as a girl of the same age as Satoko's.

2) Keiichi wasn't exactly cooperative at the start and since Ooishi doesn't have time to waste, he rather acted with force this time. It goes way differently when Keiichi does cooperate or when he befriends the kids (this happen with various events and when Ooishi doesn't go all too personal about his "old man").
Old 2009-03-13, 20:51   Link #917
Ryuugu-chan
.....?

Spoiler for Watangashi/Meakashi question:

Wait,I thought Satoko was one digit at the time of her deaths?
Old 2009-03-19, 11:14   Link #918
maximilianjenus
[E]

I don't understand your questions ryuugu-chan, care to elaborate a bit more ?

to "change of pace".

The pc visual novels lack the original manga arcs, which are three, One is after the tsumihoroboshi, another before all of them and the last one after the tatarigoroshi. The ds version of the visual novels covers the one after the tatarigoroshi. There is also a manga of short histories. and the ps2 visual novel also got original arcs.

everything is explained nciely in the wiki and the spoilers are not really bad.
Old 2009-03-19, 13:35   Link #919
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuugu-chan View Post
Spoiler for Watangashi/Meakashi question:
Spoiler:
Eryops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 17:03   Link #920
Ferny
:D

Hey! I've got some questions, and I apologize in advance in case some of these have been asked before.

The reason why I'm asking these questions is because I've only watched Onikakushi-hen and a little bit of watanagashi-hen in the anime, but I've had a friend explain the entire series, plotline, EVERYTHING to me. My questions are just to help me clear some things up.

Spoiler for Questions:

If I could get all my questions answered, I would greatly appreciate it!