AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-08, 15:55   Link #21
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

I knew someone was going to ask me that, but no...as far as I remember, no h-scenes between the Pimp, Prostitute, or Mitsuki

Subtle attempt at a joke on Shinji's account, probably failed miserably.... :P
Old 2004-07-08, 15:57   Link #22
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
I knew someone was going to ask me that, but no...as far as I remember, no h-scenes between the Pimp, Prostitute, or Mitsuki

Subtle attempt at a joke on Shinji's account, probably failed miserably.... :P
Who's the prostitute?

Regardless, I'd think that a h-scene between Shinji and Mitsuki would *really* piss off a ton of people. I mean, really.
Old 2004-07-09, 05:53   Link #23
MakotoFatora
Yes

Send a message via AIM to MakotoFatora
Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Regardless, I'd think that a h-scene between Shinji and Mitsuki would *really* piss off a ton of people. I mean, really.
Definitely... I'd be annoyed that a guy other than the main character got any action in an h-game
Old 2004-07-09, 14:57   Link #24
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Shinji is the prostitute, he continually whores himself out in the game, or at least that was the feeling I got overall on him
Old 2004-07-12, 13:47   Link #25
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
Shinji is the prostitute, he continually whores himself out in the game, or at least that was the feeling I got overall on him
Naw, Shinji's a playah (excuse the lame attempt at written pronounciation). Who else runs around with the pink shirt, gold chain, and beats up random ppl? Apparently, he's pretty popular with the girls too.
Old 2004-08-06, 12:45   Link #26
souske

Send a message via MSN to souske
Quote:
yemmen, i didn't see them in there either ;p

tar+feather tyme.

isn't 'takoyaki' japanese food, octopus balls? just too similar, i got them confused, so sometimes, it sounded like mitsuki was crying out for octopus balls, heh.

oh yeah, this is
Old 2004-08-07, 22:28   Link #27
NovionSolarius
MysticAngelis

Send a message via AIM to NovionSolarius Send a message via MSN to NovionSolarius Send a message via Yahoo to NovionSolarius
Actually after reading through so many of the threads in this section (GOD there are a lot. I stopped at page 9), and thinking a bit, I really think that they chose the best ending, the one that had the most impact (enough to throw you into emotional chaos for a week).

While Haruka's ending settled better emotionally with me (I downloaded the game and toyed around with it without even knowing japanese!! twas fun and random!), it would be missing so much if Takayuki just dropped Mitsuki. The emotional bindings are really really difficult to sort in this series. After all, three years have passed and new relations have been woven. There is no clear answer.

I think they chose the best ending of endings, even though personally I disagree with Takayuki's decision. It was the most moving.

Aaannd I'll stop there so that I dont turn this into any more of a spoiler thread (not that it isn't already ^^; )
Old 2004-08-08, 08:18   Link #28
souske

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with this.

One of the main reasons I really love this anime is, simply, it breaks the mould pretty good. Da Capo had a couple moments, but for the most part it was a flowery and magical sort of anime. (Catgirl, magic sakura, and the token chibi Sakuranbo)

This one is a little cruel, it's a little closer to reality. I think of it as it is, a story, and respecting it as that I think they did a great job. At the end I didn't feel any moral lessons really, but that all considered, maybe it's because throughout the show I saw myself doing the same things Takoyaki would do if I was in his shoes.

Well everybody mocks the guy, but under his circumstances, I dont' think he was terribly out of line. Anyway, I thought the story was basically like an everybody-loses but nobody really does anything wrong story. The only one I think was a pain in the ass was Akane for obvious reasons..

There were very little 'token' characters, little catering to stereotypes. Including the ending, I think it may start a trend. It's worth at least 9 pages of controversy, right?
Old 2004-08-08, 10:12   Link #29
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yellow Dwarf
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by kujoe; 2004-08-12 at 02:19.
Old 2004-08-08, 23:01   Link #30
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Don't worry about Akane. She has a wonderful friend.
Old 2004-08-09, 14:02   Link #31
Semaj

I think the ending was done fairly well. The only thing they could have improved on is to add the whole Haruka story and possibly show more on the Takayuki/Mitsuki relationship/family. But I have to say I'm not suprized that the ending is like this because of the realistic feel of the whole series; since not everything in real life can be solved perfectly. As for whether Mitsuki is jobless at the end or not, I don't think it really matters as long as she is happier than before.

I feel the end is constructed well enough, even if it is without much pleasant emotions. If the series had not try to be so realistic, then I will be a bit sad. But taking in mind what the series try to do, the end is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
Don't worry about Akane. She has a wonderful friend.
Was that shown in the new series?
Old 2004-08-12, 17:07   Link #32
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
Saint Seiya!!!
Old 2004-08-13, 04:29   Link #33
souske

there's a new series?

as in, like a sequel to the original?
Old 2004-08-13, 05:30   Link #34
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by souske
there's a new series?

as in, like a sequel to the original?
No. It's more like a side-story sequel of sorts that features Akane-chan. I think it's called Akane Mainax or something; you can search for more info within this board.

KGNE is closed; and it should stay that way
Old 2004-08-13, 11:01   Link #35
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Personally I dont think KGNE can't be continued at all unless they put new characters and start a whole new story from scratch. Well anywayz I got a huge question here:

Isn't Haruka's last name Suzumiya? Then why is it that on the book it says Murakami Haruka? Does it mean that she got married to someone?
Old 2004-08-13, 17:08   Link #36
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semaj
Was that shown in the new series?
http://img17.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img17&image=tak_akane.jpg

If I recall correctly, she cheered for Akane in episode 14

Friendship power.

Yay~
Old 2004-08-13, 18:31   Link #37
Göönk
Macross fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Personally I dont think KGNE can't be continued at all unless they put new characters and start a whole new story from scratch. Well anywayz I got a huge question here:

Isn't Haruka's last name Suzumiya? Then why is it that on the book it says Murakami Haruka? Does it mean that she got married to someone?
Her "writer"'s name. Japanese writers use other names than their real names I heard... So they can have a private life.

by the way I think the ending is good enough. I don't know if it could have been better, but so far it's good so it's a good anime overall. Lots of feelings, hum, lots of "move ur ass takayuki" also. right? hehe. anyway. Nice moving ending I think, one of the best part of the serie.
Old 2004-08-13, 23:35   Link #38
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

I think it might have been better if they showed a little more of what happened between Mitsuki and Takayuki.
Old 2004-08-14, 12:54   Link #39
Göönk
Macross fan

Quote:
I think it might have been better if they showed a little more of what happened between Mitsuki and Takayuki.
ah I think they want us to us our mind instead. Every thing is possible. Maybe they became astronauts, or Formula 1 pilots. Aha. Every thing is possible.
Old 2004-08-14, 21:55   Link #40
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Best of my knowledge, watch the last episode on the last DVD volume