AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-01-31, 10:12   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Rose Guns Days (07th Expansion)

Ryukishi07 has announced today the name of his next VN installment by 07th Expansion: Rose Guns Days.

Little is known about its setting, aside it is set on 1947, with this cryptic sub title: "1947年、暗黒街。求む用心棒。" (1947, the underworld. Looking for a bodyguard.)

As of now, there is no confirmation if this serie will be part of the Naku Koro ni (When They Cry) installment, or a stand alone like Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-01-31 at 13:20.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 10:12   Link #2
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Roses Guns Days (Next 07th Expansion Visual Novel)

Uuuh I hope I'm not going too off-topic, don't know where else to post.
It seems the new 07th Expansion vn will be called 「ローズガンズデイズ」. How would that be romanized? Rose... guns... days...?

edit: nvm, I'm dumb. There's a splash screen already. http://07th-expansion.net/rose/Main.htm
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 10:34   Link #3
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
Uuuh I hope I'm not going too off-topic, don't know where else to post.
It seems the new 07th Expansion vn will be called 「ローズガンズデイズ」. How would that be romanized? Rose... guns... days...?

edit: nvm, I'm dumb. There's a splash screen already. http://07th-expansion.net/rose/Main.htm
Is he moving away from the "naku koro ni" series now, or is he going to come back to them at some point?

edit - Anyone know what this will be about?
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 10:40   Link #4
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

The subtitle reads '1947, the underworld. Looking for a bodyguard'. But I can't figure out if 暗黒街 means underworld as in the realm of the dead or mafia-like stuff. I suppose it's the latter though, as iirc the Hades would be 冥界.
Old 2012-01-31, 11:13   Link #5
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Yes, probably mafia. Although if it were a setting like Grim Fandango, that would be pretty awesome.
Old 2012-01-31, 11:20   Link #6
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
The subtitle reads '1947, the underworld. Looking for a bodyguard'. But I can't figure out if 暗黒街 means underworld as in the realm of the dead or mafia-like stuff. I suppose it's the latter though, as iirc the Hades would be 冥界.
1947 was during the post-war occupation of Japan, so I imagine that will be a big theme.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 11:26   Link #7
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Unless this will be set in another country for a change. Roses and Guns don't really make me think about Japan, but anything is possible.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 12:02   Link #8
Kylon99

You know, after a detective setting with Umineko, maybe he's following the genre as it historically gave way to hard boiled detective or film noir fiction. Maybe that's what this is. I'm calling it!
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 12:27   Link #9
L in Hinamizawa
I guess Erika would be E?

Location: In Hinamizawa trying to solve the Curse of Oyashiro Sama
It's here!!!!!
Ryukishi07 just released the logo for his new series, Rose Guns Days!!!
http://07th-expansion.net/rose/Main.htm

The main page has a little blurb about it too.http://07th-expansion.net/Main.htm

All I can say is, YES! YES! YES!!!

I'm curious, can anyone please translate what the words are underneath the main logo text? I can't read Japanese unfortunately. Anyways, I'm so happy! Let the speculation begin!
L in Hinamizawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 12:44   Link #10
immblueversion

Ya know, considering "暗黒街" does mean "underworld" and it pops up in the Japanese titles of movies like Scarface...

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 12:58   Link #11
Rayneing
Trombe!

For some reason, that teaser webpage is giving me a bit of a cowboy/western vibe. Interested to see exactly what this is.
Old 2012-01-31, 13:07   Link #12
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by L in Hinamizawa View Post
It's here!!!!!
Ryukishi07 just released the logo for his new series, Rose Guns Days!!!
http://07th-expansion.net/rose/Main.htm

The main page has a little blurb about it too.http://07th-expansion.net/Main.htm

All I can say is, YES! YES! YES!!!

I'm curious, can anyone please translate what the words are underneath the main logo text? I can't read Japanese unfortunately. Anyways, I'm so happy! Let the speculation begin!
It says: "1947, the underworld. Looking for a bodyguard." I wonder if it's going to be a noir/hard-boiled detective story. That would be really great. Somehow the title also makes me think of a western, which might be great too. Or perhaps this underworld is not what we believe it to be...

I'm excited about this as well, though the title sounded a bit weird. After all, 07th Expansion previous titles were all in Japanese, and had about the same structure. This new English name with three words not making a sentence makes me think of Fate Stay Night.

I think Ryukishi said this was going to be a series at least, and not a single sound novel, though we can't be sure.

Actually, did 07th Expansion use ノベルゲーム (Novel Game) instead of サウンドノベル (Sound Novel) for the first time?
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 13:29   Link #13
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

>continuing from the Umineko translation thread
I guess I did post in the wrong place after all. Sorry, Klashikari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
Actually, did 07th Expansion use ノベルゲーム (Novel Game) instead of サウンドノベル (Sound Novel) for the first time?
Good point. I wonder if he intends to expand the interactivity he tested with Umineko EP8, or at least have a multi-ending game.
Old 2012-01-31, 13:40   Link #14
myopius

So we have conspicuous use of the English language, the words "rose" and "guns", bricks, worn paper, a metallic gleam to the title, 1947, the (criminal) underworld, and someone looking for a bodyguard.

I don't find it hard to imagine that Rose Guns Days will be set in a country like America or Britain, especially considering the Western influence in Umineko's setting.

And of course, when it comes to bodyguards, I can't help but be reminded of
Spoiler for Vague spoiler for Umineko episode 4+:
and so I find myself thinking the "rose" (notably in the singular form compared to "guns") could be a young lady. Although the plot of a bishoujo in need of a bodyguard has been done before in anime and manga, with Ryuukishi the writer perceived cliches need not be feared.

I look forward to more information.
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 16:59   Link #15
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Huh. I was under the impression the second part of the subtitle said "a city by night", not "the underworld", but I guess either-or makes sense if you think about it. There is the term "criminal underground" after all.

But yeah. I can easily see the setting from the info we have here as something like L.A. Noire, with it's 1940's film noir detective cases, except only in a visual novel form and with Ryukishi07's personal artstyle. In that case the setting most likely isn't in Japan, which is cool.

Interested in seeing more.~

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2012-02-01 at 03:36.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 17:53   Link #16
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
Well, I looked up ノベルゲーム on the Japanese Wikipedia, and it redirected to ビジュアルノベル (visual novel), meaning the term, similar to "sound novel", is at least related to a visual novel. However, I wouldn't know if or how it will be different from the format of Higurashi, Umineko, and Higanbana. Maybe it will play out more like a game than the previous games by requiring more interaction from the player besides scrolling to text? Of course, this is merely pure speculation with a weak basis.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 20:09   Link #17
Ander

This will be pretty interesting, can't wait :3

By the way, 1947 = Black Dahlia Murder??
Ander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 20:18   Link #18
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

The first that came up to my mind was : Guns and Roses w

Quote:
Unless this will be set in another country for a change. Roses and Guns don't really make me think about Japan, but anything is possible.
I also think that the setting won't be in Japan too.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 03:26   Link #19
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

So, what, is he going to tackle American detective fiction after attempting the British tradition? Awesome.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 03:36   Link #20
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

If he plans detective film noir style post WW2... well lets see how he fares.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ryukishi07, spoiler, visual novel