Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-23, 17:23   Link #1241
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaMichi
I guess their differences have to do with personality. Even as a kid, Rukia wasn't the most open person ever, while Orihime was quite open. For me, I like the cold, detached characters better ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Thats a hope that won't happen, might as well hope Rukia sproats a penis and make explicit yaoi love with Toshiro.
And you said that you didn't hate Rukia...
Oh come on... That's a classic by HT. I've seen a few transgendered Orihime ones too. Then again, I suppose I've become numb to react to penises attached to the wrong sex due to those disturbing fan-girls who have saturated the ridiculous image thread with those equally ridiculous pictures of cross dressing macho man such as Kenpachi in compromising situation with their hanging elephant heads i.e. yaoi. I know I won't be looking at some of my favorite characters the same way. Byakuya-sama is dead to me.
Old 2008-09-23, 17:37   Link #1242
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Mind saying WHY? Haha, I can go "sooo wrong post" about every Orihime lover and not say anything.
meh...if I have to

Quote:
And you are placing Orihime on too high also and not realizing how she is pathetic and all but blah who am I to say that? Nobody.
where's this pedestal, if it was so high as you claim HT to be doing, then there wouldn't be anything negative for HT to say about her.

Quote:
What's even more weird is you say you don't bash or insult Rukia yet you babble about her having pennis or whatever it was, I was too sleepy to read the whole thing and say she is bully beater. :heh condraticting yourself or something?xD
you were so sleepy, then go back and read HT's post, that alone defeats the purpose of the "you place Orihime too high" you posted

Quote:
And Orihime was SO social :heh
she became more social once she became friends w/ Tatski and entered high school. She was bullied, harassed and beatened by the older people in middle school, that takes it toll on a person. Bullying isn't dealt with easily, if they're gonna bully you, they're gonna keep doing it, if you get them expelled from school, only gives them more reason to hurt you even more. Also not uncommon for people to withdrawl from others when they're constantly picked on, bullied, what have you.

Quote:
Kaien didn't beat it in her head. He just became her friend and we have no real proof that Rukia was anti-social, people made fun of her in Kuchiki clan as you can see from one of the chapters. Problem is, Rukia didn't become damsel in distress and is not always stuck in same situation as Orihime.
You never saw her hanging around anyone else besides Kaien, sounds a bit anti-social. Rukia became the damsel in distress as soon as she received news of the warrant of her arrest from Soul Society.

Quote:
You saying Rukia didn't try making friends, then how about YOU pointed that in one chapter Orihime said I even stopped talking at school what kind of trying to improve is that?
Also, we are talking about Rukia in Kuchiki clan and Academy not before. Rukia in Kuchiki clan and Academy is NOT happy Rukia.
I'm not saying Rukia has worse past, she just handles situation better.
Note that she stopped talking after her brother died. It's not exactly uncommon for people to close up like a book from a traumatic life experience.

I think everyone is aware that Rukia wasn't very happy after she was adopted into the Kuchiki Clan, that's still part of her childhood as much as growing up in Rukongai was.

Sure Rukia handles things better, but then we slide into not everyone is the same and not everyone handles situations the same.
Old 2008-09-23, 17:40   Link #1243
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Then again, I suppose I've become numb to react to penises attached to the wrong sex due to those disturbing fan-girls who have saturated the ridiculous image thread with those equally ridiculous pictures of cross dressing macho man such as Kenpachi in compromising situation with their hanging [url=http://b.imagehost.org/download/0985/Inukami_06.bmp]elephant heads[/url] i.e. yaoi.
That is SOOO disturbing but so FUNNY! lol! I didn't actually see it though(I refuse to click that link monir ...I know there's fire for the eyes on the other side )

Quote:
I know I won't be looking at some of my favorite characters the same way. Byakuya-sama is dead to me.
T_T I know....Byakuya was so awesome till I saw a GIF of him in a Sailor Moon outfit doing the Haruhi Suzumiya dance. T_T
Old 2008-09-23, 17:57   Link #1244
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

@monir,

I shouldn't of clicked that link...
Old 2008-09-23, 19:44   Link #1245
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Oh come on... That's a classic by HT. I've seen a few transgendered Orihime ones too. Then again, I suppose I've become numb to react to penises attached to the wrong sex due to those disturbing fan-girls who have saturated the ridiculous image thread with those equally ridiculous pictures of cross dressing macho man such as Kenpachi in compromising situation with their hanging elephant heads i.e. yaoi. I know I won't be looking at some of my favorite characters the same way. Byakuya-sama is dead to me.
True fangirls scare me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
You never saw her hanging around anyone else besides Kaien, sounds a bit anti-social. Rukia became the damsel in distress as soon as she received news of the warrant of her arrest from Soul Society.
Isn't that what Orihime did too? O_o

Quote:
Note that she stopped talking after her brother died. It's not exactly uncommon for people to close up like a book from a traumatic life experience.
And it's also not uncommon to have abusive parents and getting bullied..

Quote:
Sure Rukia handles things better, but then we slide into not everyone is the same and not everyone handles situations the same.
Well, that's why I like Rukia better ^^.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2008-09-23, 20:35   Link #1246
StrawRabbi

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue skies View Post
Couldn't agree more. It doesn't matter who had a worse past or which girl smiled less. Just because Orihime has a sad history doesn't mean you have to like her, and the same goes for Rukia. It's a stupid argument to make..
i love how you said that! If i had the power i'd make it into a quote (i know i'm weird) lol

But what i don't get is why are people constantly comparing rukia and orihime? neither are the same and it's pretty stupid to fight over who had the worst past. You're making it seem like who ever has the worst is better in some odd twisted way.

They both went though something bad- most of the chaarcters had. so could we start actually talk about orihime instead orihime vs. rukia?
Old 2008-09-23, 21:05   Link #1247
Scarlett_Rain55

But Orihime vs Rukia is so fun to talk about! This is why I <3 the Bleach fandom, cause of the Orihime vs Rukia wars.
Old 2008-09-23, 21:12   Link #1248
StrawRabbi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalfantasyfan55 View Post
But Orihime vs Rukia is so fun to talk about! This is why I <3 the Bleach fandom, cause of the Orihime vs Rukia wars.
I love them too but shouldn't this be an rukia vs. orihime form? (we need on though- is there one?) i mean no one really talks 'bout why they like orihime- when they do it's a quick "that's why i love her!" then it back to ranting how she better and why she should end up with ichigo and be happy like "and they lived happily ever after..." -or at least everything seems to tie around that topic. (maybe I'm just being a little pissy 'bout this- i blame my very fake/fantastic friends!!)
Old 2008-09-24, 01:56   Link #1249
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
Isn't that what Orihime did too? O_o
And it's also not uncommon to have abusive parents and getting bullied..
so...what are you trying to get at that I didn't cover? <.<

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2008-09-24 at 06:58.
Old 2008-09-24, 10:19   Link #1250
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawRabbi View Post
I love them too but shouldn't this be an rukia vs. orihime form? (we need on though- is there one?) i mean no one really talks 'bout why they like orihime- when they do it's a quick "that's why i love her!" then it back to ranting how she better....
No, such a thread need not exist. Everybody that does like Orihime has explained why in previous posts, all you have to do is read. Admittedly that might be time consuming, but that's mostly thanks to your whiny friends. Can't blame them -- look at the thread title.
Old 2008-09-24, 11:00   Link #1251
Ichigo&Rukia

This is NOT a thread about comparing Rukia and Orihime, it's a thread to discuss Orihime's character, be it negatively or not. Orihime lovers are as much welcomed as Orihime haters. No need to discriminate her lovers or haters
Of course wars will sparkle, some are harsh, some are polite yet use so much sarcasm that it pisses you off, some say opinion and don't post anymore, just once, but their posts cause such ruckus..there are so many types.
Problem is, different types hate each other(USUALLY, MOST of the times, don't go flaming me now).
Old 2008-09-24, 13:36   Link #1252
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Different types hate each other? Slipping in a qualifier about "most" people may add a fig-leaf of openness to a stereotype, but it still is one.

Edit: That said, I do recognize you're welcoming both Orihime lovers and haters. Credit for the civility .

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-09-24 at 15:02.
Old 2008-09-24, 13:44   Link #1253
Ichigo&Rukia

I didn't say always. Sometimes, it's different.

Kakashi-thanks for the rep
Old 2008-09-24, 15:08   Link #1254
Scarlett_Rain55

NO! Stop getting along people! You're suppose to hate each other!

J/k!

I think I'm the only that enjoys these things...Part of the reason why BleachAsylum bores me to death! There's like no negativity there at all! You can't even ask who your least favorite character is or you'll get banned.
Old 2008-09-24, 16:39   Link #1255
Syphen

I don't like her because KT made her into an annoying stock character right from the beginning. Maybe the difference between those who don't like her and do like her is in the first few episodes, whether or not they sympathize with her helplessness or not. Because if you do like her, you'll be doing alot of sympathizing with her, considering she's always worried about being useless and causing problems for her friends. Frankly, I've seen too many of the stereotypical "weak female" characters with enormous boobs and small whiny minds who's only purpose is to cheer on the characters that actually do something and heal them after they do it.
Old 2008-09-24, 17:19   Link #1256
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphen View Post
I don't like her because KT made her into an annoying stock character right from the beginning.
In the beginning she seems the annoying perky type still is yea. I dont know what to think of her really, I never really thought to hate her or thought to love her. I need to chose or I will some day.

Quote:
Maybe the difference between those who don't like her and do like her is in the first few episodes, whether or not they sympathize with her helplessness or not. Because if you do like her, you'll be doing alot of sympathizing with her, considering she's always worried about being useless and causing problems for her friends.
hmm..I had no sympathize for her in the first episode but in the newer episode I did Neutral. She doesnt want any problems; she cares for others if she worried all the time.

Quote:
Frankly, I've seen too many of the stereotypical "weak female" characters with enormous boobs and small whiny minds who's only purpose is to cheer on the characters that actually do something and heal them after they do it.
Yea true they are all like that and she has a power that reverses them and heals. Would she get strong I am wondering or ever.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2008-09-24, 17:53   Link #1257
Scarlett_Rain55

She will...Or she should. All character development for her will be thrown out the window if she doesn't use her powers to a certain extent.
Old 2008-09-24, 18:43   Link #1258
Langus
Optimus Prime

Bravo Syphen Bravo! If the cookie gods allowed it I would be showering you with the chocolate chip variety.
Old 2008-09-24, 20:12   Link #1259
Scarlett_Rain55

Actually I like Orihime because I can relate to her...Not just her one sided love but the way she deals with things.
Old 2008-09-24, 20:20   Link #1260
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalfantasyfan55 View Post
Actually I like Orihime because I can relate to her...Not just her one sided love but the way she deals with things.
If I wanted to read about the life of an everyday ordinary person I wouldn't spend $10 on a manga to do it - I'd go read some emokid's blog on LJ.

We buy manga to read about extraordinary people. They're like us, but they're 100 times cooler which is what makes them interesting. The girls are hotter than hot, the guys are ripped and always end up kicking bad guy ass at the end... We understand reading it that they're nothing close to normal and that's what attracts us. Don't believe me? Go look at the top 5 mangas on any manga site. Bleach and Naruto are generally in the top 3 - one's a story about death gods and the other is about super-powerful ninjas in a fabricated world... We are attracted t these kinds of mangas because we like to think that the main characters share similarities with us despite having much cooler, much more interesting and way more exciting lives.

(But hey, maybe I'm the only delusional one who thinks this way?)

Orihime USED to fit into this equation for me, but not so much anymore. She's too run of the mill now. Kubo needs to stop using her as a plot prop and do something useful with her character. Just my opinion.