Old 2009-03-01, 21:07   Link #2781
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Okay, well, good to know it was just humour. *massive sigh of relief*
Old 2009-03-02, 02:07   Link #2782
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Lv 72 so far. I notice lvling in northrend takes quite some more time than TBC. And when seeing the first bow from quest reward, i was wondered why on earth i did the Nessingwarry chain for the gun.

I went to Borean Thundra in Northrend at lvl 68. I think it was quite a good move, the quest were quite fun. And not too hard. And I lvled so much faster because of the exp boost in Northrend. Also did Howling Fjord after, but notice the quests at the start there were more spread out than Borean Thundra. So my preference goes to Borean Thundra.

Did Utgarde Keep with my guild, and notice i could keep up with the DPS from the rest of the group as a BM hunter. Dps was around 800-900. But some lvl 72 mage did 1800dps. Overall it was quite a good run, fast and smooth with lvl 70-72 chars.

Also did a Nexus run with 70-72 ~ players and one lv 80. Was a disaster. Tank couldn't hold aggro. And our silly full Stormrage druid kept dying

Also did some AV, had quite a good laugh there. Getting one or two shotted pretty often with 10k hp.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 03:39   Link #2783
Xacual

Well you leveled in nerfed Outland. The levels used to be about 2 times more required xp after all. Northrend if you make sure to do every quest and flow from quest area to quest area you should level decently quick.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 04:27   Link #2784
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*sigh* All this talk about the zombie event makes me regret I missed it.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 05:14   Link #2785
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Northrend levelling is easy. Did 75-76 on my Druid today in less than 4 hours. Dragonblight is just cruise control for a Feral Druid. I just LOVE being able to smash Priests and Warlocks now. Berserk and Savage Roar...awesome moves! But I can't verse Enhancement Shamans because of those damn Wolves....how the hell are Spirit Wolves faster than Cat Form + the 30% outdoor movement talent + Dash?! I got bloody after that...big time. Somebody up there must have wanted me to be happy, because they sent me 2 boe blues in 10 mins. Love the Level 75 Alchemy trinkets, they help so much for grinding and tanking. Hoping to hit 77 before I'm done with Dragonblight. I hate doing Grizzly Hills without flying.
Old 2009-03-02, 05:58   Link #2786
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Started to level my Priest, decided to get her to level 80 and go soak up some epics in PuGs or Alt Runs. >.>

Is a lot of fun have had some awesome groups where people knew what they were doing, even got some good compliments and reinvites so apparently haven't lost my touch too much! But have had some other groups that just flat out sucked with tanks that couldn't hold agro on two mobs.

ps: Disc is awesome, and as far as im concerned will be better in 3.1! AoE PW:S!
Old 2009-03-02, 07:53   Link #2787
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
Did Utgarde Keep with my guild, and notice i could keep up with the DPS from the rest of the group as a BM hunter. Dps was around 800-900. But some lvl 72 mage did 1800dps. Overall it was quite a good run, fast and smooth with lvl 70-72 chars.

Also did a Nexus run with 70-72 ~ players and one lv 80. Was a disaster. Tank couldn't hold aggro. And our silly full Stormrage druid kept dying

Also did some AV, had quite a good laugh there. Getting one or two shotted pretty often with 10k hp.
1.8k dps is doable if they went in with tbc high end raid gear and mages, especially arcane ones are dps monsters now. Though still a mana hog. (damn u mages for your incessant need for mana tides).

Lvling my lock and rogue together right now, BoA items really makes life easier for rogues since their exp rate are tied to how good their weapons are

Also manage to clear out normal Nex, UK, AN and OK with one group at a go. Wont need to LFG till 76 for DTK XD
Old 2009-03-02, 08:26   Link #2788
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

@Jazzrat: Aren't you forgetting Violet Hold at 75? Plus Drak'Tharon Keep is easily doable at 74 or earlier. I had a 72 Warlock in a DTK group today and his DPS was on par with the 75s. I wouldn't be worried that much about level until Gundrak.

PS> Love the Simosi art in your sig. Mine is from a Simosi art too.
Old 2009-03-02, 08:32   Link #2789
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
@Jazzrat: Aren't you forgetting Violet Hold at 75? Plus Drak'Tharon Keep is easily doable at 74 or earlier. I had a 72 Warlock in a DTK group today and his DPS was on par with the 75s. I wouldn't be worried that much about level until Gundrak.
Oh right, i never could remember what lvl VH was on. H-VH's difficulty tends to make me think it's a bit upper tier heh. Ethereal and void boss ftl on pugs.

Not worried about my dps tbh, I only do dungeons when my quest takes me there and having a few piece of T6 and T5 lvl gear means i don't really get much bang from drops. Currently at 74 and just finish Fjord and Borean So it ll be lvl 76 by the time i get to Grizzly Hills.
Old 2009-03-02, 09:25   Link #2790
Mr Hat and Clogs

I really liked the atmosphere in Grizzly Hills. Made me want to go camping, also, a little smidgen of Old God lore. Storm Peaks was awesome though and unlike most I really like Zul'Drak. Oh yeah between Grizzly Hills and Zul'Drak there is one questline that is one of the best in the game, when you come across Drakuru in Grizzly Hills start following what he is talking about.
Old 2009-03-02, 12:58   Link #2791
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Ah, ganking. Had many of that happen to me lvling a priest pre and post TBC -_-. Plus being a holy priest makes it a little hard to gank yourself. Except when I happen to be in in Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdoms and can kill lowbies . Course I usually try to restrain myself to do it to those in guilds who used to kill me repeatedly. And rogues. Damn those rogues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Started to level my Priest, decided to get her to level 80 and go soak up some epics in PuGs or Alt Runs. >.>

Is a lot of fun have had some awesome groups where people knew what they were doing, even got some good compliments and reinvites so apparently haven't lost my touch too much! But have had some other groups that just flat out sucked with tanks that couldn't hold agro on two mobs.

ps: Disc is awesome, and as far as im concerned will be better in 3.1! AoE PW:S!
Ah priest lvling. Brings back memories . Lvl'd as shadow and now holy. I'll probably stick as a holy priest though. I prefer the versatility in my healing
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 18:48   Link #2792
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Oh right, i never could remember what lvl VH was on. H-VH's difficulty tends to make me think it's a bit upper tier heh. Ethereal and void boss ftl on pugs.
Not really. I tanked Violet Hold yesterday and had Xevozz appear. I instantly told the group I'd be kite tanking around the top level. They all followed and avoided the energy balls, easy kill. That's why I stayed Feral on my Druid. Instead of trying to find a decent tank, I'd rather be the tank and know I won't screw up.

@Clogs: Yeah, Drakuru was an awesome chain. There is a certain romanticism to Grizzly Hills that will probably escape people too wrapped up in city life or those too addicted to technology. But I did find it a fairly nice place. But nothing will ever beat Sholazar Basin for me. It's so damn beautiful, soothing and heartwarming it lifts my soul every time I go. It's kind of the counter to all the negativity and evil within Northrend. That something good and pure can exist even in the worst of places. I'm also such a sucker for those Oracles. I love being called 'Dryskin'. ^^

@Eva: It can be harsh, but the first Alliance 80 on our server was a Priest. Furthermore, Priests are just ridiculously good at WSG flag carrying. I saw one getting spanked by 5 people, took virtually no damage and was able to ditch them all by itself...crazy. I think Priests are one of those classes that is more reliant on player skill, somehow.
Old 2009-03-02, 19:07   Link #2793
Mr Hat and Clogs

Was doing an alt run in Gundrak last night, got this little beauty on the last trash mob before the boss... its totally awesome.

Spoiler for Super Simian Sphere:

Also got the Baron's mount this morning for my DK too, on the second run. They really did buff the drop rate! I don't care though, it looks awesome.
Old 2009-03-02, 19:21   Link #2794
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Your addon makes it look more like Diablo than Warcraft.
Old 2009-03-02, 19:40   Link #2795
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I have never seen those mods before...

All I use is Omen, Recount, DBM and Carbonite. Anything else and I just run out of space to see anything.
Old 2009-03-02, 19:45   Link #2796
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I only use Bartender (4).
Old 2009-03-02, 19:50   Link #2797
Mr Hat and Clogs

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...75-RothUI.html

That's what I'm using atm... it suits DPS the most, tanks it isn't too bad either, I wouldn't really use it for healing though not unless you had Grid showing all the time or something. I had to add the odd mod myself though, but still Diablo ftw.

Was apparently updated in the last few days too.
Old 2009-03-03, 06:26   Link #2798
Ending

If you raid, you should also try HeadCount. Makes tracking loot a lot easier. Helps you spot DKP-whores and other sinister thievery, plus it's always nice to be reminded that the raid did, after everything, acquire quite a bit of loot.

I'm still missing my final piece of tier-7: the crown. Been a pain in the butt to get because of bad guilds. >.>
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 07:26   Link #2799
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Not really. I tanked Violet Hold yesterday and had Xevozz appear. I instantly told the group I'd be kite tanking around the top level. They all followed and avoided the energy balls, easy kill. That's why I stayed Feral on my Druid. Instead of trying to find a decent tank, I'd rather be the tank and know I won't screw up.
Hence, pugs ftl
Anything that doesnt involves tank and spank, a pug tank is very likely to screw up. Altho my DK is tank spec, my resto shammy, lock and rogue will be at the mercy of the tank.
Old 2009-03-03, 07:32   Link #2800
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

As long as you have people who are willing to explain a fight, pugs are doable. For example, I've had bosses where the group refused to explain the strategy (citing 'lol! Noob!' and the like) and then complained when I died during one of the 'would be nice if I knew this in advance' moments.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows