AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2012-01-01, 22:15   Link #7441
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I actually didn't find any umineko themed UFO catcher in Akiba nor Nakano. It is basically a forest of Madoka goods, especially at Sega UFO catchers
Old 2012-01-01, 22:18   Link #7442
Witch of Uncertainty

Really hoping for a new When They Cry series to start after Higanbana.
And of course, that someone translates it (something that shouldn't be taken for granted).

Either way, glad you enjoyed yourselves. You truly deserved his attention, anyway. I mean, you did earn him quite some extra money I believe, and definetely a lot of extra fans!
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 22:22   Link #7443
SonicTheMonkey

Umineko on Android with VNDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
It would be easier on an Android, although I haven't heard of anyone playing Umineko on one. I think there are builds of ONScripter for Android, but of course without the benefits of ONScripter-EN.
I kind of have Umineko running on my Android phone.

Onscripter is out there for Android, but as you said, there isn't a build of ONScripter-EN yet. The result is the Japanese version of Umineko works fine, but trying to get the English version to run results in a lack of spaces between words and other weird formatting issues.

However, VNDS is a visual novel engine originally for the Nintendo DS that is also available on the Android marketplace. The site for VNDS has a conversion tool for Umineko. http://weeaboo.nl/

You can run Umineko on Android via VNDS pretty well, though it's a more basic version than the real Umineko. The character menu is missing, text pages are formatted differently and it can't handle more than one sound effect at a time.

If anyone has a better solution, please share it. I've been trying to get Umineko proper on my phone for some time.
SonicTheMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 22:24   Link #7444
Keriaku
Thought Being

That was a really interesting read, Klashikari, sounds awesome. I have mad respect for Ryuukishi, and I one day hope to talk to him as well when I'm fluent in Japanese. Really looking forward for anything else that comes out of his mind.
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 22:38   Link #7445
matteas
Member Member

It must have been great meeting him. Thanks for giving us a nice report.

I'm not surprised you were like frozen statues at the beginning. When I met Aki Takanori from GSC at GSC booth at Animelo Summer Live, I surprised myself that I mustered up the courage to ask him for a sign and during the short conversation we had, my mind seemed to be quite far away XD
matteas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 22:39   Link #7446
D3monicWolv3s

Neat. I don't know if it was ever settled since I was avoiding this forum because of spoilers, but did you ask him if it was supposed to Siesta or Chiester?
Old 2012-01-01, 23:49   Link #7447
Kurizu204

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3monicWolv3s View Post
Neat. I don't know if it was ever settled since I was avoiding this forum because of spoilers, but did you ask him if it was supposed to Siesta or Chiester?
Even in the Alchemist art book with Chiru ps3 it's chiester. So im pretty sure thats what it's supposed to be.
Kurizu204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 02:32   Link #7448
goldenlove27
Tortured Pet

Daw man, I envy you so much Klashikari to be able to meet with Ryukishi07 like that. Bern was right in which she said that you have to work for your miracles... or I could be me paraphrasing what she said haha.
goldenlove27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 16:06   Link #7449
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

It kind of makes me sad when I see someone like Ryukishi surprised at a foreign audience. I mean, I know they obviously don't check out American websites and forums to see how many people love anime, manga, visual novels, and so on here. But at the very least, I think respecting and loving a great story is something that transcends nationality and language, so of course we love Umineko. Personally, I really really love Umineko, on an emotional level. I wish I could convey that and thank him for it, but I'm satisfied simply knowing that he now knows he has fans here. Thanks for being our representatives, guys, and as always, thanks for giving us the ability to read this great piece of work in the first place. Love from me all around!
MainCharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 17:27   Link #7450
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

That's amazing, grats to Klashikari and chronotrig, must have been an amazing meeting indeed godimsojealousofyouguys
Maybe now he'll remember he has us westerner fans too supporting him when he'll be writing a new story, and it's all thanks to you!
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 20:53   Link #7451
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurizu204 View Post
Even in the Alchemist art book with Chiru ps3 it's chiester. So im pretty sure thats what it's supposed to be.
What other English translations are in that book, pray tell? And not just for character names...

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 21:13   Link #7452
Kurizu204

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
What other English translations are in that book, pray tell? And not just for character names...
The only things in English are character names and chapter titles.
Old 2012-01-02, 21:50   Link #7453
RandomAvatarFan

Hey this is probably a stupid question but I just want to know something: will the online catalog for the download thing accept those Visa Gift Cards? I'm really hoping to get Chiru like... right now.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 22:23   Link #7454
immblueversion

Quote:
The only things in English are character names and chapter titles.
Then what names are different compared to the translations in the artbook and the Witch Hunt's translation (just out of curiosity)?

Old 2012-01-02, 23:06   Link #7455
Ktox
????

WOW, guys.. What an incredible way to finish Umineko xD All that hard work surely paid off, right?
Anyway, I wanted to say I'm really greatful to you for acomplishing such a project and everything you did in order to achieve it.
Also, good luck and the best of wishes in the rest of your travel/vacations (if you're still on them, of course xD ); you really deserve it.
I think Ryukishi's attitude was surprisingly humble. I mean, even though 07th -being a doujin circle- has already acomplished an amazing VN portfolio, several ports, and anime series, he doesn't seem to think high of himself nor disrespect you. For me, that's pretty awesome for an artist anno 2011/12 :P
Congrats, Witch-Hunt. Hope to listen from you soon in another project! (Our Confession, Hane, or next When They Cry, perhaps?)

PS: Sorry for the scrambled topics BTW D:
PS2: Does anyone know if there is a Tsubasa translation? And a Higanbana VN one? Thanks a lot!
Ktox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 23:20   Link #7456
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktox View Post
WOW, guys.. What an incredible way to finish Umineko xD All that hard work surely paid off, right?
Anyway, I wanted to say I'm really greatful to you for acomplishing such a project and everything you did in order to achieve it.
Also, good luck and the best of wishes in the rest of your travel/vacations (if you're still on them, of course xD ); you really deserve it.
I think Ryukishi's attitude was surprisingly humble. I mean, even though 07th -being a doujin circle- has already acomplished an amazing VN portfolio, several ports, and anime series, he doesn't seem to think high of himself nor disrespect you. For me, that's pretty awesome for an artist anno 2011/12 :P
Congrats, Witch-Hunt. Hope to listen from you soon in another project! (Our Confession, Hane, or next When They Cry, perhaps?)

PS: Sorry for the scrambled topics BTW D:
PS2: Does anyone know if there is a Tsubasa translation? And a Higanbana VN one? Thanks a lot!
Someone else is making a Higanbana patch. Check this site for updates:

http://ronove.blogspot.com/

Old 2012-01-03, 01:16   Link #7457
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
Hey this is probably a stupid question but I just want to know something: will the online catalog for the download thing accept those Visa Gift Cards? I'm really hoping to get Chiru like... right now.
Yes, you can pay using those Visa gift cards. Make sure to register your card before you do though.

http://secure.hobibox.net/umineko/ca...#howtodownload
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 01:45   Link #7458
Kurizu204

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Then what names are different compared to the translations in the artbook and the Witch Hunt's translation (just out of curiosity)?
Nope only Chiester/Siesta is different.
Old 2012-01-03, 11:36   Link #7459
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

I'll never be able to get used to Chiester. It'll always be Siesta to me.
MainCharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 12:26   Link #7460
immblueversion

Quote:
Nope only Chiester/Siesta is different.
So I'll take it "Clair vauxof Bernard/Bernardus" is also the spelling used? Or did the book just stick with "Clair"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainCharacter View Post
I'll never be able to get used to Chiester. It'll always be Siesta to me.
Well, considering "Chiester" sounds similar to "Winchester," the type of rifle used by the adults, I can't help but find it clever.

Tags
translation