AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-19, 12:14   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 561 (manga)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Well, the break's over, so you all know what that means! I was actually a little reluctant to post this summary since there's a little confusion about whether or not it's fake. However, it's supposed to come from a reliable source, so I decided to go ahead post it anyway (if it is fake, then aohige or somebody else will correct us later on. But for now):

-Luffy fights against Mihawk. However, Whitebeard ends up being the one to step in and take over the fight for the young rookie. Luffy uses this chance to continue his quest to save Ace. Meanwhile, Sengoku orders for the TV transmission to break up so he can set his plan in motion.....

-Crocodile turns down Doflamingo's offer to form an alliance with him. In fact, he attacks him instead (lol ).

-The marines' plan is finally set in action: An army of pacifistas make their appearance on the battlefield.....

Hmm, if this spoiler is legit..... well, it would certainly be nice to know that the pacifista prediction came true. The idea of Whitebeard saving Luffy comes to a surprise to me, however (at least Mihawk doesn't have to worry about Jozu blocking anymore of his attacks this time around, if that's the case....). Crocodile turning down (and attacking) Doflamingo just seems funny to me since he's only making things more difficult for himself (he's turning what could have been a handicap match into a triple threat matchup....).

So yeah, I guess I'll leave it at that until a more detailed summary comes along......
Old 2009-10-19, 13:05   Link #2
james0246

Damn, I wanted Inazuma to fight Mihawk . But, Whitebeard fighting Mihawk is also good . If nothing else, that would be the one opponent that no one would mind beating Mihawk (and it also preserves Mihawk's "quality" for when Zoro finally defeats him).

Crocodile potentially turning on DoFlamingo is also pretty cool. It could become a fun three way fight in which each opponent tries to hurt whomever is closest to hit .

And the Pacifistas finally make there appearance. This will probably be their moment to shine because, as I had predicted before, they will become the new higher echelon fodder in the future.
Old 2009-10-19, 14:28   Link #3
marvelB

Well, aohige came along and corrected a couple of things from that summary (however, keep in mind that the spoiler still isn't 100% confirmed to be legit yet):

-It's not Whitebeard, but one of his commanders who takes on Mihawk (it's most likely Marco).

-The army of Pacifistas is lead by Sentoumaru.

Personally, the part about Sentoumaru reappearing convinces me that this spoiler is real, since I figured he would be at Marineford (he's Kizaru's subordinate, after all). Besides, I was waiting for Luffy to have a rematch with that guy.....

And uh.... yeah, nice to know that Marco (if it is him) is upholding his responsibility. Well, we'll know for sure whether this is all real or not by tomorrow.....
Old 2009-10-19, 14:43   Link #4
andy

The WB vs mihawk seem wrong guys it seem a division captain help luffy

Other than that every thing else seem real.

I could see a army of PX coming . i mean if don't use them now it would make no sense having them .

Got to wait some more.
Old 2009-10-19, 14:53   Link #5
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
The WB vs mihawk seem wrong guys it seem a division captain help luffy

Yeah, I know. I already pointed out the mistake in my previous post. I just didn't edit my first post yet because the summary still isn't 100% confirmed to be real, yet (though I personally trust the spoiler so far)......
Old 2009-10-19, 15:03   Link #6
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, I know. I already pointed out the mistake in my previous post. I just didn't edit my first post yet because the summary still isn't 100% confirmed to be real, yet (though I personally trust the spoiler so far)......

well i trust everything else but that, everything else make sense other than WB leaving for the front line yet .

Just standing up and being a bad ass is good for now.
For next chapter PX army vs WB alone lol.
Old 2009-10-19, 15:35   Link #7
Talendra

If it really is Marco who is coming to Luffy aid... that makes a total of 3/3 admirals who are currently doing only-oda-knows-what ...

However, the pacifista can't be everything Sengoku prepared for this plan of his, can they? After all, there was some tactical playing around with WB ordering some of his troops to focus on the flanks to prevent... oda-knows-what ... seems unlikely that has anything to do with the pacifista reinforcements

damn, 3 weeks i withstood the spoiler thread ... but the break was just too long
Old 2009-10-19, 17:30   Link #8
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
I really didn't see Whitebeard coming to Luffy's aid...... though, it is better than Mihawk actually FIGHTING Luffy. The Pacifista part, gives me the feeling that something important is about to happen with Kuma...
Old 2009-10-19, 17:50   Link #9
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I hope it is not Whitebeard interfering the Luffy-Mihawk fight. He shouldn't move after he told Marco to look after Luffy.

An army of pacifistas, well that is something I look forward to, especially if Vegapunk is around to observe them (maybe a dialog between Sengoku and Vegapunk that took place recently and Vegapunk's possible warnings). Also, as a result of their presence, we may get to see someone on the Whitebeard side, who is as capable as Franky but with more strength and more knowledge about the Cyborgs.
Old 2009-10-19, 18:37   Link #10
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talendra View Post
However, the pacifista can't be everything Sengoku prepared for this plan of his, can they? After all, there was some tactical playing around with WB ordering some of his troops to focus on the flanks to prevent... oda-knows-what ... seems unlikely that has anything to do with the pacifista reinforcements
The unleashing of the pacifista army is probably only the first phase of Sengoku's plan. I would expect that this is merely a bothersome distraction to keep Whitebeard and his forces occupied so that he can execute the next phases of his plan more easily. It's a good strategy, considering that the pacifistas are very formidable and highly resilient, so they'll be sure to waste a lot of time for the pirates trying to rescue Ace. Maybe Vegapunk even upgraded them since we last saw them at the archipelago, which would make the situation even worse.
Old 2009-10-19, 19:09   Link #11
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
The unleashing of the pacifista army is probably only the first phase of Sengoku's plan. I would expect that this is merely a bothersome distraction to keep Whitebeard and his forces occupied so that he can execute the next phases of his plan more easily. It's a good strategy, considering that the pacifistas are very formidable and highly resilient, so they'll be sure to waste a lot of time for the pirates trying to rescue Ace. Maybe Vegapunk even upgraded them since we last saw them at the archipelago, which would make the situation even worse.

Actually, my guess is that either some new pirates are gonna emerge, or some of the other pirates will start attacking the Pacifistas, and maybe wiping them out one by one, showing the gap in power between the Strawhat Pirates, and the Pirates of the New World.

Dunno, seems like an Oda thing to do.
Old 2009-10-19, 21:55   Link #12
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

so what does everybody think will happen in the marco vs. mihawk match? so far we know that marco is an elemental type and can be fought with haki and not really anything else... does mihawk have strong haki to combat this? I'm betting yes but if he has this, then marco is as good as gone... what will happen? I am confused :S
Old 2009-10-19, 23:16   Link #13
Azncoke123

Next week prediction::

WB using a air rift thing and destroys at least 10 pacifists! If he can beat a admiral without moving I dont see how a army of Downgrade Kumas can stop him.
Old 2009-10-19, 23:57   Link #14
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Aww omg that's gay. Army of pacifistas? Weak story imo. They're just going to like spam the lazer beams and half the people are gonna be dead.
Old 2009-10-20, 00:02   Link #15
james0246

There's another spoiler out, completely different from the above mentioned spoiler, that has Luffy and Mihawk continue to fight, until Luffy eventually unleashes a burst of Haki. There's other bits to the spoiler, but it seems too unrealistic to be a legit spoiler...still, I can just imagine (since it has never really occured ) the image of Luffy releasing his full haki on the world around him....
Old 2009-10-20, 00:16   Link #16
tsunade666

The burst of haki is hard to believe. I think someone will interfere and it will be bad to have a battel between mihack and luffy.

I only want to see the army of pacafista. And a rematch between luffy and sentoumaru. maybe while their fighting luffy will also learn on how to use his haki.
Old 2009-10-20, 00:26   Link #17
james0246

^Just out of curiosity, did you really mean Mihack, or was that a typo (don't worry; I am not one of those fans that would bitch and moan if you didn't like Mihawk )?
Old 2009-10-20, 01:40   Link #18
Talendra

As much as i would like to see some serious improvement on Luffys part, that Haki burst seems too fanfic... to me, even if it's just because Mihawk is simply does not seem to be the right opponent for Luffy to go Haki-mode (well, at least concerning our current knowledge about Hakis capabilities)...

I would rather imagine that Luffy shows us his Haki development with some DF user, even if not necessarily against a Logia. On the other hand, thats probably what a lot of readers expect, so Oda may once again pull something amazingly surprising out of his mind
Old 2009-10-20, 02:27   Link #19
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

For luffy going burst out his king haki, I don't mind with that...
only if :
he is desperate enough while facing mihawk and can't get pass throught him... and spontanously burst out his king haki... but ofcourse that wouldn't affect to much on Mihawk... but enough to break Mihawk concentration on his current fight with luffy...

Last edited by nicepace; 2009-10-20 at 02:39.
Old 2009-10-20, 09:28   Link #20
deltaxxmintpie
Cake lover Cookie ninja

Don't forget Dragon and his revolutionary armies as well, if they really wana take down the marines and world government, this would be the best opportunity to do so. Luffy's presence there and him being dragon's son make it even more of a legit reason for Dragon to show up, now that'll be a good turning point to the story

And the pacifitas part, I highly doubt that they're just here for laser spamming. There must be a connection between those pacifitas, Vegapunk and Kuma that has yet to be revealed which would probably explain Kuma's recent actions.