AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2007-08-08, 09:11   Link #1
jcdranzer
Sky King!!!! XD

Eve no Jikan (Time of Eve)

Title: Eve no Jikan : Are you enjoying the Time of EVE ?
Genre: Sci-Fi, Slice of Life
Premier: 2007
Director: Yasuhiro Yoshiura
Animation Studio: Studio Rikka
Official Website: http://www.studio-rikka.com/eve/

These guys are the ones that gave us Pale Cocoon and Mizu no Kotoba and now they give us a new OVA called "Eve no Jikan".

Just by the mention of this being made by the creators of both Pale Cocoon and Mizu no Kotoba just gets me really excited and all fired-up!!!! XDDDD :lol: About the "Eve's Applework" thread...I think the misunderstanding came from this.

This is what I got from the official website: -

"Now as for the stage of the work the scenery which is close to every day different from the previous production, comes out. And, the life-size robot, the human entirely android normally throughout the city, the school, walks the living of the home to the world and turns. But the fact that it is drawn there is not hard SF. Being able to shatter, if you say, this is the story of “two surface characteristics” and “human relations”.
 It is abrupt, but! We will assume that the human entirely android was utilized temporarily. Even if, assuming that that how had done the ideal figure and proportion, the kana which like the friend and the sweetheart of the human can handle that? With you think sometimes. … If you look at the android of international exposition, with, it does not mean such a thing, whether it is it is not, also you think, it is. How, the software and hard getting near to the human, after all as for the boundary “of the human” and the “robot = expensive home appliance”, you think that the fact that it can point clearly is state of mind of the human it is. So the boy girl of adolescence thinks, [dokidoki] it does in the android partner whether, also, it is, don't you think?. The [u] - it is, it is difficult.

Drawing… of human and androidWith saying, that so 崇 is not high ones, the generally known “world body” “the air it is shy” the kana which you called “the gaze of others,” is not trouble quite of human circumstance, with I think, it is."

Some Pictures: -

jcdranzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 10:09   Link #2
Honey_and_Cleaver

Theres no point in making an anime with so great animation that could be called international proffesional global standard when the story looks like typicall crap especially with a useless dumb protagonist.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 12:54   Link #3
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdranzer View Post
The [u] - it is, it is difficult.
It certainly is difficult. At least understanding the translation is.

The words "sci-fi + slice-of-life" are enough to get me started on a show, even though I'm still not really sure what this one's about... So I'll sit here and be all excited with you.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 06:49   Link #4
Siegel Clyne

Eve no Jikan Cast Announced

Eve no Jikan Cast

Rikuo: Fukuyama Jun
Masaki: Nojima Kenji
Sammy: Tanaka Rie
Nagi: Satou Rina
Akiko: Yukana
Kooji: Nakao Michio
Rina: Itou Miki
Chie: Sawashiro Miyuki
Shimei: Kiyokawa Motomu
Setoro: Sugita Tomokazu
Ashimori-hakase (Dr. Ashimori): Yamaguchi Yuriko
Naoko: Mizutani Yuuko
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 07:21   Link #5
Siegel Clyne

Eve no Jikan Episode 1 to be Shown at the Tokyo International Anime Fair 2008

Eve no Jikan Cast Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
Eve no Jikan Cast

Rikuo: Fukuyama Jun
Masaki: Nojima Kenji
Sammy: Tanaka Rie
Nagi: Satou Rina
Akiko: Yukana
Kooji: Nakao Michio
Rina: Itou Miki
Chie: Sawashiro Miyuki
Shimei: Kiyokawa Motomu
Setoro: Sugita Tomokazu
Ashimori-hakase (Dr. Ashimori): Yamaguchi Yuriko
Naoko: Mizutani Yuuko
Episode 1 of Eve no Jikan will be screened at the Tokyo International Anime Fair 2008, held from Thursday, March 27, 2008 to Sunday, March 30, 2008 at the Tokyo Big Sight. Running time appears to be around 30 minutes.

Unlike prior works by Yoshiura Yasuhiro (Pale Cocoon, Mizu no Kotoba), Eve no Jikan features a large main cast (12 people) and established Japanese seiyuu (voice actors).

Not much has been revealed so far about the story and the characters. Rikuo, the male protagonist, is a gentle mannered high school student. Masaki, Rikuo's classmate, is a delinquentish scholarship student. Sammy is Rikuo's general all-purpose female android....

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2008-03-17 at 05:05.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 08:32   Link #6
Westlo
Lets be reality

Fukuyama Jun is certainly getting a lot of main roles this year, I knew Tanaka Rie was in the cast when I saw that the last poster here was Siegel Clyne/Arsene Lupin III.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 13:34   Link #7
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Did I just hear Tanaka Rie?

/auto watch.

Sci fi + slice of life is an unusual combo so I have no idea what to expect

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 15:55   Link #8
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Did I just hear Tanaka Rie?

/auto watch.

Sci fi + slice of life is an unusual combo so I have no idea what to expect
It's sounds like they would either cancel each other out or create something incredible.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 19:51   Link #9
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Planetes is a sci-fi slice-of-life show. It takes place in the near future and depicts the daily lives of a bunch of space trash collectors living on a space station. There are some underlying plot themes, but lots of the time you're watching the characters at work and at play.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 01:41   Link #10
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
this sounds kinda interesting. MOAR pics plz
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 14:19   Link #11
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

hmmm... I suppose I'll have to give this one an obligatory chance.
That certainly was a painful translation
Old 2008-03-26, 05:49   Link #12
Yakhobian
とは
*Fansubber

The first official video trailer for Eve no Jikan is now available for download from its homepage.

Here are some direct links:
HQ version
LQ version

It looks quite good to me. I'm very much looking forward to this one.
Old 2008-04-14, 09:29   Link #13
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
Looks like the old links no longer work. Here are the new links to the trailers from Anime News Network.

HQ version
LQ version

Ahh. Yasuhiro Yoshiura is reason enough for me to give this one a shot. Pale Cocoon and Mizu no Kotoba made such a strong impression on my mind.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>
G. Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 10:23   Link #14
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

*while drinking coffee on a late night*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
*belch*

automatic watch mode on!

i hope the plot isnt that crap as what i am thinking now...

reality + fiction = what the hell?
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 19:32   Link #15
Fevvers
a regular van veen

I absolutely adored Pale Cocoon (for that matter, I seriously have to stop procrastinating and watch Mizu no Kotoba one of these days), so this is a must-watch for me.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 22:49   Link #16
Falkor

Sometime ago, I came across with the trailer of this show and I became fairly interested in what little it was presented. Today well, ‘Act 1’ was available on some website (we all know which one), so I made use of this opportunity to check it out.

Given the fact that this is supposed to be a movie, or a series of 15 minutes long segments similar to Byousoku 5 cm (whichever works better), I was sort of expecting good animation, which I was not disappointed to find. The color scheme was somewhat more vibrant and vivid; the background used had the extra effort to appear more realistic with the right lighting and shading; and lastly, you can see the use of some kind of 3d software, I think. All in all, the high standards are living up to the theme the show is trying to touch.

But in any case, what I really liked about this show is the style/presentation, something that is becoming rare nowadays. I’m not sure how to go about this, but the pacing, the background music, and the play of camera angles were essential parts of this style. Before I forget to mention it, the music used towards the end strongly reminded me of Sims, and for those who have played the game, I hope I’m not the only one who can see this ‘invisible connection’ between the two. The style was definitely unique, and although I’m finding it impossible to categorize it within a single genre, it did very well to raise some questions such as… (I’m trying to write this so it’s spoiler free; however, I can only say it concerns some aspects of society that the characters embody, which hopefully, somebody with a more intelligent mind can go about in detail). Now, going back to the style (I stray off-topic too frequently), the show jumped around from one frame to another rather fast, which for something supposed to be Slice-of-Life, it comes as a little bit surprising. And that reminds me again, can this even be considered Slice-of-Life? Probably the first segment is not exactly the most pertaining piece to exemplify the Slice-Of-Life genre, but I did not see many elements that can prove the opposite, though the sci-fi label obviously stands as true. I haven’t watched that many Slice-of-Life type of shows, but something most of them have in common is the slow pace, which from beginning to end, this segment somewhat lacked. Not that I’m saying it went too fast, only that it was not slow (not a bad thing though), but rather ‘normal’ if you ask me. The world of Eve no Jikan is ultimately one filled with so much richness and built upon many layers of depth, and I think the purpose of the ‘camera’ was to become the medium to present this to an audience. One instance that comes to mind is ‘that place,’ where only one rule needs to be followed (if you know what I’m talking about, then we are on the right track). It first attempted to capture all dimensions and details, and after that, you come to the realization that it’s actually small, as though that wasn’t enough to signal its very significance within the story. And something you don’t see very often in anime is the first person perspective with a camera ‘slowly throbbing’ up and down, somewhat making ‘the hint’ more obvious. Perhaps, these are not the best examples of why I like the style of this show, but they are certainly aspects I’ve come to appreciate, and eventually enjoy in only 15 minutes.

And yes, I’m looking forward to more.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 23:41   Link #17
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Youtube version of the trailer:

Background seems to be full CG, which is an interesting experiment to say the least. Not too sure about character designs, though.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 04:12   Link #18
deffusse
otaku[SK]

strange thing as I've thought from the beginning.... eventualy it's realy interesting, good animation, and seyiu. The plot, is rather interesting, quite a superb one I may say. It's so simple and on the other hand, is't too complex to understand.... The society living in a harmony with the androids used for everyday life, but it itn's so easy >> ad. the society rules, people are looking down on their androids, everyone is confident in "only the mashine way of android living" ..... and behind this world, there is another one, a small cafe "where no borders aren't anymore"..
Looking forward for another part of movie. 9+/10
deffusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 08:02   Link #19
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
Where'd you get to see it?

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>
G. Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 08:11   Link #20
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Zeus View Post
Where'd you get to see it?
The first part (of six) has been fansubbed (by Pireze) and is listed on AnimeSuki.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sci-fi