AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-14, 07:42   Link #1
tk750

SR Character Information and Discussion

Hey, simple request.

As most know, there is info about characters in the manga. Is it possible that you, the reader, out of your caring generosity can post information about any character i.e. Harima, Yakumo, Eri, Tenma etc. about info i.e. height, weight, etc.

Thx alot.
Old 2006-01-22, 08:20   Link #2
kokanaden
otaku-hikikomori

Send a message via ICQ to kokanaden Send a message via MSN to kokanaden
Hmmz, I've visited this page a few times, and seems that no one is willing to provide the info. Well the SR manga I have is in chinese, and most of the "vital stats" are not really included... they are actually scattered throughout the series. I'll try compiling them and post them, but meanwhile, sorry man, you have to wait a while longer......

I love <insert name of girl with blue hair, is sporty, is about 1.78m tall, has character, has shapely legs.>*

*sounds suspiciously like Mitsuki Hayase again
Old 2006-01-23, 15:50   Link #3
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
I can probably post it, but why would you want to know info like that though? The manga is licensed so it will be coming to US, it much more interesting reading it and find out. If you still want it I can post.

Lacan/Grahf
Old 2006-01-26, 23:51   Link #4
tk750

Well, I know for a fact that Harima is 5'8 and still growing.

At least thats what he said, which is why he said he was going to get another bike when in reality he wants a faster bike because he lost a racing competition to Itoko's friend... um... the art teacher woman, forgot her name.
Old 2006-03-17, 19:45   Link #5
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

why does the introduction of new characters in school rumble never get boring?

its like a magical effect.

even in the last half of the show lots of characters are introduced. some of them are even cliche'. but they are never boring. they have a sense of uniqueness you can feel even though their appearance may be plain. maybe im just too much of a fanboy when i watch this though :3
Old 2006-03-17, 21:42   Link #6
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

You've noticed this as well.. I've been trying to make sense of it, but man I can't.

Why do the cliche characters not have a cliche feel.
Maybe because, even though they're cliche, unpredictable stuff happens.
Old 2006-03-19, 13:53   Link #7
BreakFight

I think that for some characters, it is the fact that they are so cliche that makes them so entertaining.

You can see lots of parodies of the way cliche characters are.
Old 2006-03-30, 18:58   Link #8
mtarzaim

I would say it's because they act as we want them to act.

School Rumble gives us what we want : normal to crazy characters interacting with each other the way which entertains us the most.

The second reason would the double (triple ? quadruple ? ) use of "dense as a rock" character. Harima, Tenma, Hanai and Imadori ...
How could you resist to so many impulsive, silly, predictable yet surprising numberous people.

It's reminds me "Road Runner and Will Coyote" for Warner Bros (don't know the real title in US).
You know the wolf will fail, but you don't know how ... just like School Rumble !

Also, the most famous mangas, animes, movies ou books are mainly composed of stereotipical characters. That's why they sell so good : Anyone can recognize himself in one of them.

(sorry for the bad writing, it's 2:00 am in France ... )

Old 2006-03-31, 11:28   Link #9
Sendoh718

i thought Lala was boring and mostly unnecessary.

but for the most part, i think it works because all of the characters are unique even in their clicheness.
Old 2006-03-31, 13:56   Link #10
mtarzaim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendoh718

but for the most part, i think it works because all of the characters are unique even in their clicheness.
I though the same before.
But her interactions with Imadori are truly excellent !
He is Ichijou's "boyfriend", so a trophy to claim after the victory. But she quickly realized that his manners weren't ... acceptable !

Still, he is the only one who doesn't fear her, despite the number of broken bones he end up with.
Every boys and girls (minus Ichijou) are afraid of her, except for Harry and his friend. But those two are too much lonesome to let her come closer ...

I hope we will see how those three have met. They seem to be quite friendly (well, as friendly as they can be )

Old 2006-06-02, 08:59   Link #11
Shredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendoh718

Agreed, Lala sucks but she's kinda needed to show the contrast between 2C and 2D, along with Harry MacKenzie and that other guy with the samurai look. Definitely she annoys me though
Old 2006-06-27, 07:34   Link #12
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

My memory of first season is kind of fuzzy but I remember that Lala is a guy dressed up as a girl right? There was this episode about this guy with great strength coming to Japan from Argentina (or some country in South America) who found someone with greater strength than him and that was Ichijou. Am I remembering things right or my brain is getting illusional now?
Old 2006-06-27, 08:58   Link #13
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis
My memory of first season is kind of fuzzy but I remember that Lala is a guy dressed up as a girl right? There was this episode about this guy with great strength coming to Japan from Argentina (or some country in South America) who found someone with greater strength than him and that was Ichijou. Am I remembering things right or my brain is getting illusional now?
Lala is definitely a girl. Perhaps you might be mixing her up with her father, with whom she came to Japan. In the flashback, she's the little girl, and the man is her father.
Old 2006-06-27, 13:19   Link #14
Shredder

Dude if Lala turned out to be a guy I would stop watching SR immediately. Her presence is bad enough as it is, but that would just be sickening
Old 2006-06-27, 13:23   Link #15
otacu
Flag forever

Your memory is fuzzy indeed.

Lala Gonzalez (little spoiler from the manga)
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-27, 21:03   Link #16
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Ok I did rewatch the part to verify. I think I was skipping around and didn't pay too much attention. Maybe because I selectively saw these images to jump to that conclusion.

Old 2006-06-27, 21:08   Link #17
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by otacu
Your memory is fuzzy indeed.

Lala Gonzalez (little spoiler from the manga)
Spoiler:
wow she looks hot in the manga...cnt say the same for tha anime tho

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-06-28, 00:53   Link #18
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by otacu

Spoiler:

Holy crap! Lala is HAWT there! :O. She looks like... looks like... omg a mature woman @_________@
Old 2006-06-29, 00:13   Link #19
Diedrupo

Does anyone have a complete list of the 2-C classmates? I know that a few characters are still yet unnamed, but it would be nice to still have a list of known classmates.
Old 2006-06-29, 06:15   Link #20
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
EFCPO School Rumble Character Page

All the known classmates are there, though few of them have descriptions. It's otacu's site BTW
Closed Thread