AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-07, 09:41   Link #1161
Wysth

The last chapter was truly genius
Old 2013-02-07, 09:51   Link #1162
malason13
Forsaken

Indeed very genuis!. Thanks n0m@n..

The Beloved Occult Research Club

Old 2013-02-07, 17:53   Link #1163
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

There are too many things in vol 14 to discuss. Even though it is just an introductory volume to the new arc as well very light thus far, it already becoming really interesting.

Still..............I am very alarm that Gasper sleeps in a box. I though it was amusing at first because he uses the box to hid from danger, but................to sleep in a box......I cannot see how anyone can sleep in one.

As for Ise, might as well go shopping for a new bed. Looks like sleeping with everyone is now a normal thing.

Ise taking an interest in magic, really interesting though I think it may be better if Ise stay with Demonic power magic. Imagination and power is something that Ise already have, as a matter of fact Ise's perverted moves are Demonic magic.
Old 2013-02-07, 18:08   Link #1164
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Started reading vol 14 on n0m@n's blog, still only life 1 and 2 but I have this to say:

- Rias heading toward the Vampires base: really wanna see the Vampires trying to kidnap her so Ise can go ballistic on them all (using Dragon based powers, including illusion and infinite)
- I really like the author starting to expand Ise's interests, in a preparing for reaching the stage of High Class devil kind of way. It had's more to his character.
- Really want to see Ise developing his own skills, including his Dragon side (that now seems to be almost all of him seeing his new body)
- I want Ddraig to come back quickly, I miss him and his comments regarding Ise.
Old 2013-02-07, 18:09   Link #1165
yuiichi9

Thanks n0m@n. I am glad issei is thinking of learning magic. Maybe ophis could serve as a spy since she/it have stealth skills lol. n0m@n it didn't said that kuroka got emotional eyes when issei told her would help her fix her relationship with koneko. It just said that she stares at issei in wonder. Although kuroka recognize his charm, that is a good sign. If an intruder enter issei's room and saw the box where gasper sleeps they wouldn't pay attention to it. It have a stealth purpose lol. He learn it from snake(metal gear solid).
Old 2013-02-07, 18:22   Link #1166
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Japanese names usually mean something, though I don't know Japanese nor Kanji so anyone want to take a guess of what Ryuuteimaru means?
Old 2013-02-07, 19:00   Link #1167
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Well in defense of Ise during the promotion test, he was very unaware of his power. Remember Ise been fighting High Tier opponents in the Mythological world, then he is suddenly thrust into a match with a guy he has no knowledge of and even limit his power of using his base power of Balance Breaker without boasting his power.
The thing is though he should have know better based off of what he has done and what was said by Azazel.

Quote:
As for the rating games, Ise experienced real combat before taking part in the rating games. For Ise, seeing his comrades getting hurt felt like the real thing. If it was the other way around, if Ise participated in the rating games before combat than he would feel that a real combat situation is like a rating game. Which do you prefer Ise have experience in?
I'll agree Ise has had some tough battles but that doesn't excuse his behavior in the rating game. Also I don't think it's entirely Ise's fault either both Rias and Azazel failed to get him propertly prep to fight in non life and death situation. That's what I find really concerning no one even talk with him about what happened in the rating game and he got off extremely lite with the exam incident.

I like Ise and I'm all for him going high blooded on the various villians that pop up this other stuff just doesn't sit right hopefully they'll have addressed a little better in the future.
Old 2013-02-07, 19:06   Link #1168
serbian otaku #1

Quote:
Japanese names usually mean something, though I don't know Japanese nor Kanji so anyone want to take a guess of what Ryuuteimaru means?
As far as i know Ryuu means Dragon, so maybe his name means dragon palace/castle
Old 2013-02-07, 19:07   Link #1169
peinmaximus@

hey reaper,can be that the author not will include zombies girls(how the girl of silver cross and draculea)in the world of dxd?kkkk.
guys I've been researching the history about dracula and carmilla in the wiki and it seems that this two is the two most legendary vampires of the history.then if the two leaders of the vampires families are the original dracula(vlad tepes) and carmilla then they have that be very strong.and ise fighting with one legendary being how the original dracula then this can be what ise need for awake completely his new body's powers.
Old 2013-02-07, 19:16   Link #1170
Soji

serbian otaku #1@ Not only that ,from a link about japanese name (both male and female) that Velial send me Ryuu (on that link) mean *Dragon Spirit*but then again this is the meanig of the japanese name Ryuu.
Anyway is interesting that Isse want to learn magic .
But I agree with Reaper is better if Isse stay with the demonic magic.

Quote:
Still..............I am very alarm that Gasper sleeps in a box. I though it was amusing at first because he uses the box to hid from danger, but................to sleep in a box......I cannot see how anyone can sleep in one.
Yeah.I was suprise by this.
I think that Gasper really need help....don't get me wrong I like him but I still think need help.
Old 2013-02-07, 19:32   Link #1171
serbian otaku #1

I agree, I was alarmed that Gasper even sleeps in a box, but i would feel even more alarmed if he had gone to sleep in Ise's bed.
Old 2013-02-07, 19:46   Link #1172
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ View Post
hey reaper,can be that the author not will include zombies girls(how the girl of silver cross and draculea)in the world of dxd?kkkk.
guys I've been researching the history about dracula and carmilla in the wiki and it seems that this two is the two most legendary vampires of the history.then if the two leaders of the vampires families are the original dracula(vlad tepes) and carmilla then they have that be very strong.and ise fighting with one legendary being how the original dracula then this can be what ise need for awake completely his new body's powers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
The thing is though he should have know better based off of what he has done and what was said by Azazel.

I'll agree Ise has had some tough battles but that doesn't excuse his behavior in the rating game. Also I don't think it's entirely Ise's fault either both Rias and Azazel failed to get him propertly prep to fight in non life and death situation. That's what I find really concerning no one even talk with him about what happened in the rating game and he got off extremely lite with the exam incident.

I like Ise and I'm all for him going high blooded on the various villians that pop up this other stuff just doesn't sit right hopefully they'll have addressed a little better in the future.
This discussion is dragging out for a while so I am going to end it here, though like mentioned before the rating games is a sport in the Underworld as well a battle stimulation for Devils to get accustom to fighting. For that reason I don't see Ise losing his cool a bad thing or a serious issue unless it causes him to make poor decision like the one in vol 5. He is currently reflecting on that and is studying the rules of the rating games, before even that there was simply no time to teach Ise about the rating games in details. In vol 10, only 6 months has pass along with major conflicts occurring in them with major figures of Mythological beings being the enemy as well other powerful beings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by serbian otaku #1 View Post
I agree, I was alarmed that Gasper even sleeps in a box, but i would feel even more alarmed if he had gone to sleep in Ise's bed.
Well he has the appearance of a girl, though having the gender switch gun in that situation may have been better. Yes it is disturbing that Gasper sleep in a box, how long did the Underworld shut him in a room by himself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
serbian otaku #1@ Not only that ,from a link about japanese name (both male and female) that Velial send me Ryuu (on that link) mean *Dragon Spirit*but then again this is the meanig of the japanese name Ryuu.
Anyway is interesting that Isse want to learn magic .
But I agree with Reaper is better if Isse stay with the demonic magic.

Yeah.I was suprise by this.
I think that Gasper really need help....don't get me wrong I like him but I still think need help.
Well that solves the first part of the name, would like to get the rest.

I read of the High School DXD wikia, not sure if Nom@n actively update it but it seems to have detailed spoilers in them. One of which I found interesting is that Ise has the new ability to change any part of his body to a Dragon, not sure if that is valid or not.
Old 2013-02-07, 20:01   Link #1173
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
This discussion is dragging out for a while so I am going to end it here, though like mentioned before the rating games is a sport in the Underworld as well a battle stimulation for Devils to get accustom to fighting. For that reason I don't see Ise losing his cool a bad thing or a serious issue unless it causes him to make poor decision like the one in vol 5. He is currently reflecting on that and is studying the rules of the rating games, before even that there was simply no time to teach Ise about the rating games in details. In vol 10, only 6 months has pass along with major conflicts occurring in them with major figures of Mythological beings being the enemy as well other powerful beings.

Well he has the appearance of a girl, though having the gender switch gun in that situation may have been better. Yes it is disturbing that Gasper sleep in a box, how long did the Underworld shut him in a room by himself?

Well that solves the first part of the name, would like to get the rest.

I read of the High School DXD wikia, not sure if Nom@n actively update it but it seems to have detailed spoilers in them. One of which I found interesting is that Ise has the new ability to change any part of his body to a Dragon, not sure if that is valid or not.
It has been stated that in vol. 14 Ise defeats one Magician by transforming his right arm into a dragon arm and one-hitting him but suffers from some backlash.
It's safe to assume that, having this spoiler (confirmed) and giving Ise's new body he should be able to transform any part of him (or his entire body) into that of a Dragon in the near future.
Old 2013-02-07, 20:32   Link #1174
peinmaximus@

hey reaper,you think that we can see more pureblood vampire girls besides ermenhilde,carmilla and valerie?
what you think about ise fighting with the true dracula(vlad tepes)in the vampire war?
and you think that ise already can defeat a dragon king?
obs.I'm sorry for the errors in the questions of before.
Old 2013-02-07, 21:08   Link #1175
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ View Post
hey reaper,you think that we can see more pureblood vampire girls besides ermenhilde,carmilla and valerie?
what you think about ise fighting with the true dracula(vlad tepes)in the vampire war?
and you think that ise already can defeat a dragon king?
obs.I'm sorry for the errors in the questions of before.
More than likely yes we are going to see more Pureblood Vampires, in hindsight there is not way that the lower class Vampires would start something like a civil war. More than likely the Pureblood started it so we are going to see a lot of them since it is their war.

About Ise defeating a Dragon King, well the only thing we got to compare is to vol 5 which is long ago. I think Ise may be able to since he unlock CCQ. Still, Ise would have to fight with an enemy that the author speficially stated is stronger than Tannin or another Dragon King. Though he went toe to toe with Grendel who is said to be supposedly stronger than a Dragon King to a draw.
Old 2013-02-08, 00:01   Link #1176
Voceane

There is one thing I don’t understand in the agreement with the vampires. The Carmilla ask the Trinity that they give Gasper and in return they promise a truce. And it’s something so stupid that I don’t understand why.

- Firstly, a truce is only temporary decision, this is nothing like a peace treaty, given how things have been negotiated, the agreement will be effective only during the fighting against the Tepes and after that the fights will resume again.

- Secondly, by giving Gasper to the Carmilla, the Trinity openly declared that they are now allied with the Carmilla and provide help to them. So Tepes will react by declaring open war on the Trinity and are known to have become virtually immortal with the help of the Grail.

- Thirdly, as Carmilla and Tepes are at war, clashes between the vampires and the Trinity should be very limited and should probably be more the fact of the Tepes than the Carmilla. (There is the possibility that the Tepes act behind to initiate fights between the Carmilla and the Trinity. In war, only the victory count.)

- Fourthly, even if the Trinity help the Carmilla, the negociator says herself that the Vampires will not reform there "life" and will continue to look down on there helper. The Carmilla don’t want to free Valerie. She’s not a pure blood vampire but as she has some vampire blood she need to be a tools for the Vampire great purpose. They want to take and use her.

So why the Trinity want to agree for a temporary and partial agreement (it covers only half vampire) who will lead to a war against a very powerful opponent?
Does someone could explain to me why the Trinity feels the need to accept this unfavorable deal? According to the translation (thank you Shincodezero), the Carmilla are desperate. They are caught between a rock and a hard and they try to loosen a little the grip by negotiating a truce with the Trinity. They hope to free the people who fight the Trinity and go all out against the Tepes. But the negociation itself is the proof that the Carmilla are burnt out and are willing to do anything to survive even if there is no more hope. The negociator had even problems with her "vampire supremacy mind" as she recognize the need of a sub product to fight back.
Old 2013-02-08, 00:13   Link #1177
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by serbian otaku #1 View Post
Maybe he'll get said help and some lovin from a certain other half vampire. Might man him up a bit.
Old 2013-02-08, 04:05   Link #1178
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Quote:
龍亭丸(Ryuuteimaru)- is something like "Dragon Emperor Ship".

I find it interesting that when Ise transforms part of his body into that of a dragon his mind starts to go battle mode.
Old 2013-02-08, 04:34   Link #1179
Soji

DarkSkiper@ Thanks for the traslation.
Interesting what the name mean,about Isse ..I think that after he trasform part of his body into that of a dragon the dragon instincts take over (or something like this).
I mean if he have the body made from Gr flesh and Ophis power make sense that now he have Dragon instincts like the devil instincts that warn him about the holly power.
Or at least this is what I think with the info that we have until now.

Last edited by Soji; 2013-02-08 at 04:58.
Old 2013-02-08, 04:35   Link #1180
lilNewBlood
Dragon Of Dragons

Is there another scene with Ravel lol????

According to the spoilers, Ravel should have told Ise how her feelings for Ise developed since the fall of Raiser

Closed Thread

Tags
harem, school life, shounen