Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-11-03, 22:14   Link #1441
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Well since Zen does have the AB blood as all the freaks have, it's not that unbelievable that he could power-up. Maybe he will fall into a vat of some unknown liquid that makes him Medaka-like. Since were still in the dark as what it takes to develop the 13 freak's power it's a crap shoot. Maybe the brother will shed some light on that subject...
Again - I do not care if he becomes super-duper strong and beat all bad guys in split seconds. It won't show him having balls all that much - it is his breaking from Medaka and even going against her that could do it and maybe salvage at least some of the respect for Zen.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 22:59   Link #1442
Johnny
Working the bags...

I doubt the author will give him a set of balls unless he powers him up. Otherwise he should have already stepped off Medaka's shadow. I still stand by what I said earlier that the author is keeping Zen this way out of spite. Just from reading Bakemonogatari and their characters, he seems like he can be a real smart ass if he wants to be...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 23:23   Link #1443
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I think I understand the terminology now.

Abnormal - the ones gifted since birth, whether it's intellectually, physically or both. More often than not, they have special powers that go with it. The so-called "genius" of this manga.

Special - the ones who show promise. Does not have the supernatural abilities like the Abnormals, but can get close to their feet through hard work (cliche). And it's hinted that they can even surpassed them... with more hard work.

Both of these groups have AB type blood so far. I don't think there has been a 'Normal' person with AB blood in this manga.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 23:26   Link #1444
FateAnomaly

I just love it when Medeka imitates someone without their knowledge. lol.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 23:42   Link #1445
aahhsin

Zen is just going to show flashes throughout. He did it this chapter, and he's able to see the abilities of abnormals and quickly analyze them.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 00:30   Link #1446
BlueDo

Okay... just what happened in this chapter?

Now things are getting more and more supernatural.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 01:21   Link #1447
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin View Post
Zen is just going to show flashes throughout. He did it this chapter, and he's able to see the abilities of abnormals and quickly analyze them.
LOL Archer's Tracing ability (Fate Stay Night) the author really run out of idea
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 05:35   Link #1448
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Both of these groups have AB type blood so far. I don't think there has been a 'Normal' person with AB blood in this manga.
All specials and abnormals have a schoolarship. Zen doesn't have one.

Medaka herself said who is interesting for her, when she tried to invite Shiranui into student council. She wanted someone who has balls to opose her, and she herself said that rest of the SC is act like a good pupies (she used slighty different words). She is interested in King because he has the balls to opose her, and to force her. Most of girls, normal or abnormal, don't like guys without testicles.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 05:43   Link #1449
Dark Mage

yeah but in the beginning Zen looked like someone who wouldn't give in that easily to Medaka but now...I wonder where that attitude of his dissapeared to?.....But, the main reason I dropped this manga was...I was tired of getting dissapointed chapter after chapter and come here to express my rage which started to sound like whining...and so I gave up reading it...until this chapter where I heard there was some romance nd I read it to see if it was true....and that was a big mistake on my part as I saw something I didnt want to see at all,....but yeah I m going to put it back on hold again...I only hope that the new manga replacing Kagigin and Akaboshi are good enough.
Old 2009-11-04, 05:44   Link #1450
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
I didn't know Gilgamesh would make an appearance in this manga.
rofl FSN ftw, although i believe Gilgamesh was the one of the most awesome antagonists there ever were
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 10:51   Link #1451
golthin

Quote:

The reason that the author is using AB blood is because is the rarest blood of all the types with AB Negative being rarer than AB Positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
yeah but in the beginning Zen looked like someone who wouldn't give in that easily to Medaka but now...I wonder where that attitude of his dissapeared to?.....
IT happened when that other guy, the ex Judo captain rival joined the Student council the most, but I think he had already resigned himself to being a dog before. His intial resistance is what I liked about him. Heck, he even called himself a dog when he was telling the blonde secretary about how it was Medaka that saved them.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 11:18   Link #1452
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I love the second to last page of the first chapter (58 I think). It shows Medaka and Zen holding hands as children, smiling next to each other. It's when Zen says that he loves her.

Makes me wonder what happened in their past to make them drift apart like they seem to have, with him following behind her instead of staying next to her. I'm wondering if it's a combination of things-- like Zen's insecurity towards Medaka and him not trying to understand her or Medaka trying to get accepted by everyone as normal, so she forgot about Zen in the shuffle.
Old 2009-11-04, 11:44   Link #1453
Homura7

We are far to know what happened for her to become what's currently. This kind of past is not something to be told in it's whole in just one chapter. You know what I meant.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 10:15   Link #1454
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Well...it seems like some raws are out now, weirdly enough.

Spoiler for Medaka Box 26:
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 10:20   Link #1455
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 26:
Old 2009-11-05, 12:12   Link #1456
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Well...it seems like some raws are out now, weirdly enough.

Spoiler for Medaka Box 26:
Spoiler:

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2009-11-05 at 13:04.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 12:56   Link #1457
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Couldn't resist and read the raws...

What a disgustingly stupid manga. But at least Medaka gave Zen softer look as in - "Good dog" or something.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 13:23   Link #1458
Johnny
Working the bags...

After remembering something, her brother reminds me perfectly of Hirose from Onii-Chan Control. Of course Hirose doesn't look like a feminine version of Zen like her brother does...

Spoiler:
Old 2009-11-05, 13:41   Link #1459
Lummie

Is this really happening?

Spoiler for Zen:
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 13:41   Link #1460
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Ok, look through the RAWs and it has got me interested.

Spoiler:

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council