AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-08, 19:39   Link #101
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Tsuruya and Haruhi think so much alike.
Old 2009-08-08, 19:46   Link #102
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
... That's because Tsuruya is essentially an older Haruhi, minus the world-altering stuff... it's arguable over whether there's going on between her and Kyon, though(on Tsuruya's side, I mean... pretty obvious Kyon finds her attractive)
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-08, 20:13   Link #103
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
I remember in the novels that Tsuruya had hit on Kyon a couple times, but Kyon always figured she was kidding. I'm not so sure sometimes...

And boo to FF.net for getting an error and not being able to allow people to log in.
Old 2009-08-08, 20:20   Link #104
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

That was just in Intrigues. It did seem like she was just playing around.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-08-08, 20:24   Link #105
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Well, the novels are told from Kyon's perspective, and we know how reliable he is with that. It wouldn't surprise if she at least thought he was cute or something, though I doubt she'll ever seriously compete for his affections.
Old 2009-08-08, 20:29   Link #106
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

I meant in the actual instances of flirting from Intrigues... It was more of a "Hey, you wanna sleep with two pretty girls, right?" sort of thing.
Old 2009-08-08, 20:34   Link #107
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

I knew what you meant. I was refirring to that, too.
Old 2009-08-09, 02:45   Link #108
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
I meant in the actual instances of flirting from Intrigues... It was more of a "Hey, you wanna sleep with two pretty girls, right?" sort of thing.
Don't forget that she also offered to take a bath with him too.
Old 2009-08-09, 08:01   Link #109
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbob0008 View Post
I remember in the novels that Tsuruya had hit on Kyon a couple times, but Kyon always figured she was kidding. I'm not so sure sometimes...

And boo to FF.net for getting an error and not being able to allow people to log in.
For some reason, that makes me think of the infamous Kyon/Tsuruya doujin. And yeah, boo on ff.net. Really wanna give a review.
Old 2009-08-09, 11:26   Link #110
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

I can log in now, but I still can't give reviews. It's stupid. I'm sure the admins have had an ear full over it though. Kinda feel sorry for them...getting chewed out by a massive amount of fangirls (and a few fanboys).
Old 2009-08-10, 17:53   Link #111
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Having just got to the end of Endless Eight I think it suggests a major fanfic project: i.e. to flesh out the missing 15,524 repetitions! (See this blog entry.) All we need is 15,524 Haruhi fans who are willing to write at least one fic each (or 1552 who can write 10 fics each, etc) and tick them off on a list of iteration numbers to avoid duplicates, and remembering to bear in mind any facts known about the missing episodes.

Am I completely mad or could this be achieved? Imagine how awesome the completed project would be, perhaps published as a mega-doujin work. If each fic only dwelled on the differences, the result could actually be readable. Since each of the missing iterations ends with everyone being consigned to non-existence, absolutely anything would go!

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2009-08-10, 18:18   Link #112
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

I can pretty much guarante you'd have at least one person trying to go completely off the source material with it.

Besides, I don't think you'd be able to find enough people to write it.
Old 2009-08-10, 18:19   Link #113
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I can pretty much guarante you'd have at least one person trying to go completely off the source material with it.
>_>

MAN would I love to do an E8 visual novel though. It would be so hard to code but it would be so much fun.
Old 2009-08-10, 18:34   Link #114
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

With over 1000 writers, at least one of them is bound to decide "I want to be different!" and have Nagato go all Higurashi on everyone.
Old 2009-08-10, 18:51   Link #115
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
With over 1000 writers, at least one of them is bound to decide "I want to be different!" and have Nagato go all Higurashi on everyone.
I'd do this anyway.
Old 2009-08-10, 19:01   Link #116
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Maybe it's okay if that happens anyway. I say who cares if repetition number 12984 has it where Haruhi makes the Brigade play as crime fighters for the entire two week period, or if repetiton 8723 they all have a huge Brigade members plus Tsuruya orgy or something.

Hell I'd wonder how many repetions would have lemons :P
Old 2009-08-10, 19:06   Link #117
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well there are a few guides. Yuki gives some specifics in her speech to Kyon about what they did in previous loops. Thus there are some limitation and a few specifics.
Old 2009-08-10, 19:32   Link #118
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Pretty much the only things she said are that the festival was skipped twice, there were six different variations on part time work(and I'm pretty sure we never heard all six), and goldfish catching was omitted 400-something times...
Old 2009-08-10, 19:40   Link #119
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They always went to the pool. I believe the anime provides at least a partial if not full listing of the other part time jobs. (she also give the specific loops they skipped the festival, but not the reason for the skip) Because they almost always go to the festival they probably always go clothes shopping as well.
Old 2009-08-10, 19:47   Link #120
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Yes, but at NIGHT they go crime fighting! j/k

And a lemony orgy that nobody but Yuki remembers makes me laugh for some reason. XD
Closed Thread

Tags
fanfiction