AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-03-24, 19:06   Link #2041
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
See? Walpurgis' so ambiguous that it's pointless arguing about it at this point. Let's wait and see what happens in the final.
I guess you are right!

But still, if we are assuming they are still in some one's barrier, wouldn't that mean that Kriemhild Gretchen manifested in their barrier?! Is that even possible? I would think that Gretchen would be able to overpower/crush the previous barrier according to power levels!

Oh well...
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 19:08   Link #2042
hyperborealis
Lost at Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2-Lancer View Post
Just wondering, but isn't it counter to Kuby's whole purpose to feed entropy to see the witches ultimately win and world destroyed with all dynamics ended -- at least universally? Maybe Madoka is only one battlefield in a ever shifting war. Just asking.
You would think so, but no. QB is a salaryman. As long as he gets his "quota," as he puts it in timeline 4, he's fine, and the world can go to hell. With all his focus on Madoka, you get the idea that he's in it for the big score, the blockbuster, Madoka the witch of witches. Playing little ball and keeping the farm going is not his game.
hyperborealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 19:40   Link #2043
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I'm starting to think that whoever is editing the Puella Magi wiki needs a hug.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 00:35   Link #2044
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
If you thought that was bad.

http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Mami%27s_mammies
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 01:27   Link #2045
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Quote:
Quote:
Witch of expectation. Her nature is despair. She waits for a Thursday that will never happen.
Sounds like something I would write.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 02:02   Link #2046
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Hey, if we get something like Eva' TV ending and then EoE, I wouldn't mind. They wre fantastic endings .
I'd rather not post what I think about those "fantastic" endings...
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 07:20   Link #2047
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Hey, if we get something like Eva' TV ending and then EoE, I wouldn't mind. They wre fantastic endings .
Something like EoE could be very cool here, but I'd rather not see an episode or two that are all in Madoka's psyche, about her "finding herself", and the broader plot going on in the real world is just forgot about.

It arguably worked Ok in Eva's case, since the third last Eva TV episode had a somewhat conclusive end to it, but Episodes 9 and 10 of Madoka both end with a cliffhanger feel...
Old 2011-03-25, 07:49   Link #2048
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
But still, if we are assuming they are still in some one's barrier, wouldn't that mean that Kriemhild Gretchen manifested in their barrier?! Is that even possible? I would think that Gretchen would be able to overpower/crush the previous barrier according to power levels!
The barrier eventually dissolves after the witch is defeated. Or Gretchen might easily overlap it with her own, like you said. But we really can't say anything definite about the ruins until we know for sure if witches like Walpurgis Night can cause massive visible damage outside their barriers. At least, going by Gretchen's profile, she would hardly need that - and she's supposed to be the strongest one.

Quote:
Next thing we know, they'll be making a profile for Kyuubey who they will come to see as a witch in disguise.

Quote:
Something like EoE could be very cool here, but I'd rather not see an episode or two that are all in Madoka's psyche, about her "finding herself", and the broader plot going on in the real world is just forgot about.
Relax, guys. Shoutouts and references to previous classics may come in any quantities, but still Urobuchi is no Anno and Madoka is obviously (and thankfully) no Shinji. Their psyches look very different to me.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 07:54   Link #2049
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
Relax, guys. Shoutouts and references to previous classics may come in any quantities, but still Urobuchi is no Anno and Madoka is obviously (and thankfully) no Shinji. Their psyches look very different to me.
I'm not worried about it.

But if Madoka Magica was to have one or both of its remaining episodes be like the end of the Eva TV series, then that's what it would mean: An episode or two that are all in Madoka's psyche, about her "finding herself", and the broader plot going on in the real world is just forgot about.

Madoka and Shinji have very different psyches, but they are the central protagonist of their respective animes, so the closest Madoka analogue to Eva's TV series ending would be a thorough exploration of Madoka's psyche at the expense of any and all plot movement in the real world of the anime.

What I'm saying is that I really don't think that this would work well in Madoka Magica.

Thankfully, like yourself, I also very much doubt we'll get that.
Old 2011-03-25, 09:19   Link #2050
waffo
25% Unknown

Send a message via AIM to waffo Send a message via Yahoo to waffo
Quote:
Please tell me you've seen the Population Dynamics page on their wiki. I showed my friend, slowly scrolling down from the cute food pyramid to...the complicated formulas and graphs. She was freaked out.
waffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 09:25   Link #2051
B2-Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I seem to recall a long time ago there was a Brit TV series named "The Odyessy"(?) where the sword and socery series took place entirely in a hospitalized comatose boy's dreams, and it was surprizingly suspenseful in how he matures coping with his "adventures" despite it being a dream (you didn't feel shafted like what happened with "Dallas"), so I wouldn't mind if this all took place in a virtual universe in Madoka's mind within a non-magical world where her real-life Mami friend is doing well, and I agree it would be neat seeing her learning life lessons and maturity in her dream at the same time a'la "The Nutcracker." So yea, I'm open to this.
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 09:52   Link #2052
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffo View Post
Please tell me you've seen the Population Dynamics page on their wiki. I showed my friend, slowly scrolling down from the cute food pyramid to...the complicated formulas and graphs. She was freaked out.
I think that the witch I linked was created largely as a result of long nights editing that very page.

Spoiler for Dramatic Re-enactment:
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 16:43   Link #2053
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
That's actually kind of funny. There will never be another Madoka thursday ;_;
Old 2011-03-25, 19:36   Link #2054
NaweG
Just some guy

[QUOTE=B2-Lancer;3544591so I wouldn't mind if this all took place in a virtual universe in Madoka's mind within a non-magical world where her real-life Mami friend is doing well[/QUOTE]

Which would make the MAD that was done of Madoka using the SuckerPunch trailer more than a little ironic, yes? While that seems to be a popular theme right now, I'd like to see something a bit more unique/innovative. Then again, I am probably railing against Plato's Cave.
Old 2011-03-26, 17:39   Link #2055
waffo
25% Unknown

Quote:
KenAkamatsu ( ◕ ‿‿ ◕ )/ <俺っちの仲介で、アニキと契約して
パートナーになってくれよ!(ラテン語で)
Well, that was a surprise to see in my tweets today. By our agency/meditation (Oh, you horrible dictionary, you), make a contract with anime and become a partner for me?
Old 2011-03-26, 17:47   Link #2056
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffo View Post
Well, that was a surprise to see in my tweets today. By our agency/meditation (Oh, you horrible dictionary, you), make a contract with anime and become a partner for me?
Hey, I'd make that contract as long as it follows the Negima standards of "magic girl" contracts (all you need to do is kiss someone, and you receive a card) rather than the Madoka Magica standards.
Old 2011-03-26, 17:51   Link #2057
MrSandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Hey, I'd make that contract as long as it follows the Negima standards of "magic girl" contracts (all you need to do is kiss someone, and you receive a card) rather than the Madoka Magica standards.
Sadly, both involve evil creatures with beady eyes. I'm still waiting for Kyubey to have his perv moment....
MrSandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 17:53   Link #2058
waffo
25% Unknown

Quote:
But can you really trust him when he posts Kyubey's face there? There's no guarantee that's Chamo offering you that contract...
Old 2011-03-26, 19:04   Link #2059
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
Sadly, both involve evil creatures with beady eyes. I'm still waiting for Kyubey to have his perv moment....
Hey, at least Chamo's "evil" side is due to him being a pervin' ermine (and not someone who would keep back information that could cause people to think twice about making contract).
Old 2011-03-26, 19:38   Link #2060
kaigan
Segmentation fault

Quote:
this might sound a little absurd, but i think enma ai (jigoku shoujo) presents her contract accurately, clearly, and briefly like no other salaryman. no strings attached (no pun intended), no hidden agenda. you get what you wished for and equally suffer the curse, knowing fully aware of the consequences.

QB should learn a few trade tricks...
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen