AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-10, 20:27   Link #21
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

19/male

1:no
3:c
4:yes. I consider drugs as "suicide"

btw: gotta love your sig lexander :P 10/10
Old 2004-11-10, 20:38   Link #22
STfan
Homicidal Kitty.

Location: In Arcueid's arms, getting my blood drained by the neck. Or at least I wish.
It is my personal thought that the overwhelming majority of people who claim to have contemplated suicide are merely attention-seeking teens. Only very few people can truthfully say that they've so completely lost hope as to resort to something so irresponsible.

But then, there ARE a genuine few.
Old 2004-11-10, 20:53   Link #23
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
16/Female

2a - a) Yes

2b - a) Yes

2c - a) Yes

3 - c) If there are good reasons behind it, etc. religious or ethic reasons.

4. Yes, my best friend's boyfriend, and my good friend. I found his teeth by the train tracks.
Old 2004-11-10, 21:56   Link #24
AndrewLB
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to AndrewLB Send a message via AIM to AndrewLB Send a message via MSN to AndrewLB
I'm personally of the opinoin that people who commit suicide should be shot.

The only acceptable reason to commit suicide is if you're captured by the enemy and there is no way to escape. And even then, you shouldn't. As for suicide bombers, well, they're fucking pussies. As for suicide pigeons, they're fucking crows. As for suicide girls, they're often fucking hot. As for suicide not-hot-girls-who-are-fat-goths, they should be fucking shot if they commit suicide.

And how many teeth?
Old 2004-11-10, 22:12   Link #25
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewLB

The only acceptable reason to commit suicide is if you're captured by the enemy and there is no way to escape. And even then, you shouldn't. As for suicide bombers, well, they're fucking pussies. As for suicide pigeons, they're fucking crows. As for suicide girls, they're often fucking hot. As for suicide not-hot-girls-who-are-fat-goths, they should be fucking shot if they commit suicide.

And how many teeth?
And you're certain that you would not have done the same if you were in their shoes?

I'm not saying your opinion is wrong ... but I think for you to judge them would at least require being a not-hot-girl-who-is-a-fat-goth.

I completely agree about suicide bombers though, but not because it's suicide ... because they are harming others on some rather questionable grounds.
Old 2004-11-10, 22:13   Link #26
???
Unknown

I just feel sorry for all those parents who spend ther time and money to keep ther child alive. Especialy for those who live in a country where there is no severe hunger; starvation or has lived in war like my parents did in the 70's.

Anyways, most of the peoples who wanted to commit suicide are irresponsible teens who are still at school, thinking of boyfriend/girlfriend, clothes, been cool...having internet...living like a normal life student, while others from other country are working hard to bring money to ther poor parents to buy food.

Drugs, smoking is also part of suicide... look at those 12years old trying cigarretes.

And o the other side, you have those who commit suicide for ther religion. As you can call... terrorists.

So think agen. Im no teen anymore, ive compleate my studies, yes i was a bad student, i realy hated school when i was a teen, yes i usualy get in some troubles, had ennemies before, ive lost a girlfriend but i didn't care, ive always refused to take drugs, cigarettes...ect so in my life i took the easyway to get the proffetion i want and im very happy with it.

Now that im older, i produice 3D animated films and video games, watching anime and yeah...
Old 2004-11-10, 22:18   Link #27
Ero-Sannin

Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
do people who smoke count as people currentyl commiting suicide ? cus they conciously know it smoking is good for killing yourself in a period of like 40 years
Old 2004-11-10, 22:20   Link #28
AndrewLB
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to AndrewLB Send a message via AIM to AndrewLB Send a message via MSN to AndrewLB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
And you're certain that you would not have done the same if you were in their shoes?

I'm not saying your opinion is wrong ... but I think for you to judge them would at least require being a not-hot-girl-who-is-a-fat-goth.

I completely agree about suicide bombers though, but not because it's suicide ... because they are harming others on some rather questionable grounds.
I'm all for harming others if its for a political reason (and if it's not me, those I care about, and so long as I don't have to do the harming. I'd shoot a person if I had to, God knows, I'm going to be joining the reserves at some point, albeit the Canadian reserves, where our job description is basically "Dig Quebec out each year," but you've got to be ready to shoot someone for your country). But doing it in such a way so that they're NO chance you'll see the potentionally positive outcome is fucking stupid.

Also, killing yourself for a few years (generally it's not even that) of misery is lame. I mean, just lame. Naturally my viewpoint would change if someone close to me committed suicide, but I think most of my friends and family are generally quite happy with life. God knows, I am. Life has troubles, but in general it's fucking awesome.

And I still want to know how many teeth.

Edit:
Quote:
do people who smoke count as people currentyl commiting suicide ? cus they conciously know it smoking is good for killing yourself in a period of like 40 years
No, you're stupid. Smoking kills, certainly, but so does McDonalds, the foul air we breath, the foul water we swim in, the radiation emited from our monitors, the GIANT FUCKING HOLE in the sky that emits various types of radiation, etc, etc. Fuck, masturbation kills. If people want to smoke, let them smoke. I don't smoke, certainly (I don't want to smell bad), nor do I drink (again, don't want to smell bad, plus I know for a fact that I'd say things I don't want to say), but hey, that's my fucking choice, and it's the same for those who do smoke and do drink. If they want to go for it, go for it.

HOWEVER, this does not extend to those woh want to commit suicide. If you want to commit suicide, you should be fucking shot, ya pansy assed pinko commie bastard.
Old 2004-11-10, 22:23   Link #29
???
Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Sannin
According to the stats, there's more peoples who die cause of smoke then those who commited suicide.

As for desease death, too old, accident cause, cholesterol death, criminal death are low compared to those who smoke.

Take a look: http://www.cdc-cdh.edu/hospital/cardio/chua165.html
Old 2004-11-10, 22:26   Link #30
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewLB

And how many teeth?
hahahahaha. Insensitivity is funny. Kamakazi Pilots are awesome. They aren't pussies by any means.

Everyone that's been thinking about suicide just needs a really big hug. That's all they need. So in essence, yea, they just need some attention. Not really that hard to give out.

*Gives a really big HUG TO MIDORI!!!
Old 2004-11-10, 22:35   Link #31
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Andrew that's what I ment by 'rather questionable grounds'. Suicide bombers don't accomplish anything.

For the second part that's what I'm really saying ... life has it's bumps but you and me are generally happy people. But I can't say the same for Midori's freinds ... well because I am not Midori's friends.

There are weak people out there ... but I stay away from generilising.
Old 2004-11-10, 23:17   Link #32
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
fifteen male

no

No. Never

Not that i am aware of.

wtf is that cookie?
Old 2004-11-10, 23:24   Link #33
???
Unknown

I realy hate suicide threads like this, Not only it makes animesuki messy and members sad. its an innocent anime forum. Cummon guys, enjoy life watching anime. Life isn't life without personal problems.
Old 2004-11-11, 01:07   Link #34
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ???
I realy hate suicide threads like this, Not only it makes animesuki messy and members sad. its an innocent anime forum. Cummon guys, enjoy life watching anime. Life isn't life without personal problems.
One can only escape reality for so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriShinobi
16/Female

2a - a) Yes

2b - a) Yes

2c - a) Yes

3 - c) If there are good reasons behind it, etc. religious or ethic reasons.

4. Yes, my best friend's boyfriend, and my good friend. I found his teeth by the train tracks.
*HUGS*
Sorry I didn't respond earlier; I was dragged out by my friends to play basketball for 3 straight hours...my limbs are dying right now.
Old 2004-11-11, 06:08   Link #35
lolicon

Suicide is complex thing, and I don't think its summed up in such a simple way. Its quite difficult to describe the state of mind that leads someone to suicide to a person who has never even considered it, or doesn't accept it for what it is. So, in an attempt to clarify, I will try to articulate this post as best as possible.

When you want to off yourself, you feel bad. Really really bad. I know you're thinking "duh", but just for a moment consider how rotten a person must feel to want to end thier own life. The person who considers suicide thinks they are a faliure. That they hold no value to anyone else, or they have done something so shameful that there can be no way for anyone to accept what they have done. Its impossible to describe this kind of self-loathing, but I will attempt. Imagine waking up and being scared to death. You don't know why your scared, but you know you did something horrible, and that no matter what, no one will forgive you, ever.

Your first thought after waking up, always, is about your flaws. Everything you don't like about yourself. Somehow, you end up going through it again and again in your mind, unable to stop thinking about every little awful thing that you are. You keep telling yourself that you are pathetic and weak and worthless and no one could ever possibly care about you. Thats the only thing that runs through your mind. Over and over it goes, even when you're just trying to get through the day. Every small screwup is something that takes just a little bit more out of you, wearing you down even further.

And there's the fear. The constant droning anxiety that is always around, no matter what. That feeling of sickening inevitability, that something bad has already happened and you just don't know what it is, but you know that once you find out, it will be horrible. The fear doesn't go away, no matter what you do, all it does is makes things worse. It makes you think about how worthless and meaningless to everyone you are, how much better things would be if they didn't have to look at someone who's pathetic and wretched like you.

You want to die because you just can't stand feeling like this. You know that no one wants you around, that everyone thinks you're useless. You want to stop dissapointing everyone, to stop being a faliure. Things are unbearable. So you start trying things. Little cuts, here and there. Maybe a few sleeping pills to see what it feels like. Nothing major, you're not committed to dying yet. You just want to check out your options, before deciding on something.

Inevitably, the moment you do decide to kill yourself comes in a flash, without planning or expectation. You were gonna kill yourself, you just didn't expect to do it now. It was a really crappy day today, and you feel totally rock-bottom. If you could just stop sobbing, then you might be able to figure things out. Automatically, without even thinking about it conciously, you reach for something... maybe a bottle of advil or a razor... consider things for awhile... realize you need a suicide note, and hastily write something down, trying to not cry while you think of all the people you hurt when you were alive.

And then, you just kind of sit there for awhile. You don't even realize it when you pick up the thing you're kill yourself with, it feels like fate. Robotically, you do the deed, and sit silent for a second.

And then you PANIC.

Suddenly, your mind spasms and you freak out, completely. You realized that, holy cripes, you just tried to kill yourself, and that you're probably going to die. No matter what you decided before, your brains survival instincts are kicking in, and don't want you to off yourself. Somewhere in the middle of this, you probably lose conciousness.

And then you're either dead, or someone found you and you're not dead, or you did a really poor job of trying to kill yourself and you're not dead.

Anyways, I hope that provides some insight...
Old 2004-11-11, 08:00   Link #36
Anita-chan
Disabled By Request

zzz to me, after personal experience, its not really worth it, im sure everyone who commits suicide thinks of a betetr future if they didnt and how family and friends would react...

when i get depressed i wonder what it would be like to commit suicide and the effects of that, it deeply saddens me to think of my family and frtiend mourning over me also, im scared to do it, cos .... i want to live!

ive nvr been depressed depressed ... just the occasional sad times like ... when we have an arguement or when something tragic happens to someone ...

but honestly guys and girls, everyone (meaning sane people or not mentally depressed, just like us folks) who commits suicide, i reckon they regret it the split second before they shoot themselves/get run over/falling unconcious ...

if i wonder around thinking to myself, im gonna kill myself (scenario, not real life), the guilt trick kicks in about .... when i die, what about all the things i will miss out of in future, family sadness AND what happens after you die ...

???: i dont think this is a sad topic to talk about, it happens so therefore we have to talk about it and perhaps help others (not me) to get back on track with their life ... people who dont know how it feels like to try such a thing will never know unless they hear other peoples experience.

AndrewLB: i too think that people who attempt suicide should be shot, but only after they realise what a stupid mistake they;'ve done and have actually attempted to turn a new leaf and leave all yoru worries behind, for those who just keep thinking over and over shoudl be shot ... what a depressing day it must be for me if i kept bumping into that guy whos constantly attempting suicide ...

if you dont do it after the 3rd time (gosh, after so many times, you still cant be scared can you if your even thinking of commiting suicide for a third time), i personally think it would be for attention seeking or the guy is mentally depressed and needs treatment quick. maybe a strait jacket would help.
Old 2004-11-11, 09:15   Link #37
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zukov
I would be very grateful, if you could answer to this little survey about suicide. You can send answers through e-mail too (jerppu@gmail.com).

Questions:

1. Age/Gender

2. Have you ever considered about attempting a suicide?
a) Yes b) No c) I have thought about it, but it wasn't very serious

2b. Only answer to this question if you answered yes, a) in the previous question.
Did your suicide thoughts include serious depression?
a) Yes b) No

2c. Only answer to this question if you answered yes a) in question 2.
Did you think about attempting a suicide in the last 6 months?
a) Yes b) No

3. Do you think suicide is acceptable?
a) Yes, everyone decides of their own life. b) No. Never. c) If there are good reasons behind it, etc. religious or ethic reasons. Note: Euthanasia isn't included in these reasons, or in this whole survey.

4. Has someone you knew well, ever done a suicide?
1. 18/M
2. c)
3. a)
4. no

I believe everyone has the right to choose whether they want to live or not. If your life sucks, the only things keeping you alive are the biological instinct of survival and being afraid of causing grief to other people. There is no point in living if you can't stand it.
Old 2004-11-11, 09:23   Link #38
AndrewLB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita-chan
AndrewLB: i too think that people who attempt suicide should be shot, but only after they realise what a stupid mistake they;'ve done and have actually attempted to turn a new leaf and leave all yoru worries behind, for those who just keep thinking over and over shoudl be shot ... what a depressing day it must be for me if i kept bumping into that guy whos constantly attempting suicide ...

if you dont do it after the 3rd time (gosh, after so many times, you still cant be scared can you if your even thinking of commiting suicide for a third time), i personally think it would be for attention seeking or the guy is mentally depressed and needs treatment quick. maybe a strait jacket would help.
Do what I did when confronted by a fucking psycho girl who insisted that she'd commit suicide if I didn't become her boyfriend.

Ignore her emails, ignore her in class, ignore her in fucking everything, send her phone number and email to the school shrink (being in a university, they're probably pretty good), and forget about the crazy bitch.

If anything, it makes an amusing story (FOR GUYS ONLY, IF YOU TALK ABOUT THIS WITH WOMEN, THEY WILL THINK YOU ARE A MONSTER.)
Old 2004-11-11, 09:48   Link #39
Palani
///_^

1. Male 17

2. Hell No

3. No, because although some people don't think so it hurts the people around you and around those. When the friend of a classmate of mine commited suicide the damily got affected, in addition everybody the guy knew at school was sad too so it really affect a lot of people.

4. No, But only because I found her in her bathroom when I was visiting her, mostly the reason why I detest suicide. Dialing the alarm number isn't as easy when you see a friend of yours bleeding because she slit her wrsit isn't easy I can tell you.

Damn this topic brings back, bad, memories.Plus it brings out the serious side ut in members, even Lexander has something serious to say (Didn't see that happening oftenly ).

Let me guess, School survey.
Old 2004-11-11, 09:54   Link #40
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

1. Age/Gender
A: 24 - Male

2. Have you ever considered about attempting a suicide?
a) Yes b) No c) I have thought about it, but it wasn't very serious
A: little of A and C.

In a bio-ethics class where we were discussing cause and justification of suicide. Throughout the course of the discussion we were made to imagine situations that would lead us towards considering and even going so far as attempting suicide (much like lolicon did is a previous post). It was a very educational and insightful discussion on the topic, however, afterwards majority of the students still stated that they'd never be able to follow through with the suicide given the scenerio they imagined.

2b. Only answer to this question if you answered yes, a) in the previous question.
Did your suicide thoughts include serious depression?
a) Yes b) No
A: No. I don't believe ssomething such as depression is justification for suicide.

2c. Only answer to this question if you answered yes a) in question 2.
Did you think about attempting a suicide in the last 6 months?
a) Yes b) No
A: Yes, it was part of the course. -.-

3. Do you think suicide is acceptable?
a) Yes, everyone decides of their own life. b) No. Never. c) If there are good reasons behind it, etc. religious or ethic reasons. Note: Euthanasia isn't included in these reasons, or in this whole survey.
A: If there are good reasons behind it, etc. Religiousor ethic reasons.

4. Has someone you knew well, ever done a suicide?
A: Several that have attempted it and one that succeeded.
Closed Thread