AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-09, 12:09   Link #21
Isse

so much hate these days, kids behave will ya

EDIT: oh yeah chapter 242 is GREAT yondi is the man indeed.
Isse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 12:47   Link #22
jubileerain
manga psycho ^_^

Send a message via AIM to jubileerain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
Spoiler:
LOL Dorfl, you are too funny. Kakashi the snotty doggy =^^=

Quote:
The rock nin called it a "hakkou no chakra tou" = white light chakra sword/blade. I'd like to see more action from it in the future. In the meantime my paper is pwning me...

EDIT: Now that I look at it, is Kakashi's mask held on with glue or something? Part of it got slashed so you expect the edges to peel off his face, right? But they're stuck to his face as ever. This is the kind of thing I think about at 7am when I haven't had any sleep.
Maybe its stuck on with Chakra. That boy really doesn't like showing the lower half of his face, does he?

Awwww Kakashi's acting all arrogant & manly now. How cute! ::fangirlish squeal::

Obito only has 2 tears. . .

I guess after this event Kakashi & Obito are finally going to get along Obito must be really generous to give up his eye, especially a sharingan. So the scar he has isn't the scar from surgery, but from the rock nin I guess.

About the gaiden being 6 chapters, this site says it'll last 6 more weeks, not it being 6 chapters total. But it's still only a rumor. Scroll to the part where it says カカシの親友について & this person posted 名前:名無しさん:04/12/06 19:52
6週で終わると聞いてほっとした.

If the gaiden lasted 6 more weeks, that would make sense. Then the length of the gaiden would be around 1 volume right?

Last edited by jubileerain; 2004-12-09 at 13:12.
jubileerain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 12:56   Link #23
ryno2410

Of course it's predictable....what do you expect? For Kakashi not to get the Sharingan? Let me make my own prediction...I bet Obito will transform his sharingan into 3 dots...but how do i know this?? I don't know
ryno2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 13:01   Link #24
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
i guess they did reveal the story behind his left eye. its what started kakashi and obito's close frienship.
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 13:35   Link #25
swerv
Stay Up

Ahh the lightsaber makes it in the manga at last.
Old 2004-12-09, 15:11   Link #26
CyberPunk

next chapter the other stone ninja is gonna have a knife to rin's throat and tell kakashi to kill obito if he wants rin alive. i can't wait. :P
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 15:54   Link #27
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubileerain
About the gaiden being 6 chapters, this site says it'll last 6 more weeks, not it being 6 chapters total. But it's still only a rumor. Scroll to the part where it says カカシの親友について & this person posted 名前:名無しさん:04/12/06 19:52
6週で終わると聞いてほっとした.
Hmm, the person just says he heard that it ends in 6 weeks (either 6 weeks total or 6 weeks' time, I can't tell) and he was relieved. Keyword is heard, we don't know where he heard it from. Let's just relax and enjoy it for as long as it lasts.
Old 2004-12-09, 16:12   Link #28
Gon the Freec
1337 member ......

Star Wars rocks ! Episode 3 looks so great !

Chapter 242 of the Naruto manga series.......sucked imo , i mean , we've heard this I WILL PROTECT MY FRIENDS , I WILL PROTECT SAKURA CHAN too much now , why not let Obito gain his Sharingan to prove to Kakashi he was not a crybaby ! sheesh , o also notice how so few blood exists in the manga these days , is Kishimoto out of ideas and getting soft ?
Gon the Freec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 17:14   Link #29
Zek
Eyebrows...

Definitely the best chapter of the gaiden, finally we learn some things. This also supports the rumor that the gaiden is ending soon, since all they have to do is show how Obito gets killed, Kakashi getting his eye, and maybe a couple pages of Yondaime's fight and the primary mysteries of Kakashi's past will be resolved. Obviously there's more to potentially show but I hope Kishimoto doesn't overdo it for the time being.

My idea of the short version to end this gaiden in 2 chapters: Obito and Kakashi save Rin without much trouble, but Obito is mortally wounded by the other Stone ninja who they thought was dead. Obito tells Kakashi to take his eye as his present, and Rin performs the transplant on the field. The last chapter ties things up, and that's the end, maybe with a peak of the 3-years-later Kakashi reminiscing about his past to lead into the new story arc.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 17:21   Link #30
Captain_Dope

Here's what I think will happen.

The stone nin puts a dagger on Rin's throat and demands Kakashi to kill Obito or he will kill Rin. Both Kakashi and Obito know that if they attack the stone nin he will immediately kill her so Obito will maybe ask Kakashi to kill him for it is Rin's only chance. Kakashi will of course refuse to do it so Obito will attack Kakashi to force him to do it. Even though Kakashi is more skilled than him, he will still have some trouble with Obito's Sharingan. After some fighting, Kakashi has no choice but to mortally wound Obito. Just after that, the stone nin kills Rin anyway. Kakashi kills the stone nin after some fighting and goes to the dying Obito where they share their final words. It is here Obito gives Kakashi his present, his sharingan eye.
Captain_Dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 19:44   Link #31
jubileerain
manga psycho ^_^

Send a message via AIM to jubileerain
Quote:
Hmm, the person just says he heard that it ends in 6 weeks (either 6 weeks total or 6 weeks' time, I can't tell) and he was relieved. Keyword is heard, we don't know where he heard it from. Let's just relax and enjoy it for as long as it lasts.
Yup, that's why I said it's only a rumor, & that place is probably where the whole 6 chapter/6 week rumor got started.

I'm so into the gaiden that I've been a bit anxious about the length of it. But I'll be more relaxed from now on. Thanks ^^

I guess Obito giving Kakashi the sharingan in this fight is a possibility, however, the little detail about the 2 tears & 3 tears in the sharingan bugs me. Obito has 2 now. Do people think he's going to get the third 1 in this very fight?

As for Rin doing the transplant, she's probably a good medic, but she can't be that good. I think transplanting a sharingan would be incredibly difficult, & only a medic like Tsunade could do it successfully.
jubileerain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 19:52   Link #32
mexx

i highly doubt thats what the stone nin will do... he is trying to gain information from the girl... so either he try's to run away, or the stone nin gets some allys in to help him. but in anycas if the guy does threaten rin, i'll bet she'll suicide so they wont have to kill each otehr ^^.

on a side note it is quite perdictable what oging to happen with the stone villiage... its going to get annilhated, cuz somewhere along the timeline you meet stone nin that was formarly of the stone village. so go figure...
mexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 20:15   Link #33
Nemokrad

I think Rin will be threatened and Kakashi has to make that tough choice of course, then obito gets mortally wounded first to show kakashi that theyre not bluffing, so right before dying obito's sharingan (in either one or two eyes) develops to 3 dots, and he requests rin to insert his eye into kakashi's socket... rin disobeys the evil dudes, gets killed, booyah...

funny to see how nobody wonders HOW they actually transferred the eye, everybody just says "obito gives it to kakashi". how? "here, my eyeball, see what you can do with it" i dont think so... i doubt obito would know a jutsu that would transplant the eye and kakashi doesnt seem to be one to know either, so they need a medical ninja.
Nemokrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 20:49   Link #34
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
i highly doubt kakashi will get his sharingan soon. at this time, the 4th isnt a hokage yet. Oro doesnt leave until the 4th becomes a hokage. somewhere in the series, during one of the 3rd's flashbacks, oro's experiments were revealed. during that time, kakashi had no sharingan....soooo that would mean, he'll prolly get it after oro leaves.

i got this in the narutofan forum

KAKASHI-RELATED TIMELINE!!! (YBS = Years Before Series-start) (NOTE: The entire series' story, IIRC, has progressed over about a years time).

26 YBS: Kakashi is born. (Official Character Book)
21 YBS: Kakashi graduates the Academy, is placed in cell headed by the future-Yondaime, with Rin and Obito. (Official Character Book, pictures of him and his team/sensei)
20 YBS: Kakashi passes the Chuunin Exam. (Official Character Book)
16 YBS: Joins ANBU. (Official Character Book)
15-12 YBS: Kakashi appointed to Jounin, start of Kakashi Gaiden. (Conjecture)
12 YBS: Kyuubi attacks Konoha. (Conjecture)
~10 YBS: Orochimaru is found out, and he leaves Konoha. Kakashi has no Sharingan yet at this time. (Chapters 121 and 69, respectively)
<10 YBS: Kakashi obtains and has an Uchiha's mastered Sharingan implanted in his left eye. He builds a reputation as "Copy Ninja Kakashi" and "Sharingan no Kakashi".

The above is all fact and canon. If anyone is frustrated by people speculating that Obito dies or Kakashi is getting his Shringan during this current stage of the Gaiden, feel free to copy and paste the above timeline in to set things straight. I certainly shall.
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 21:10   Link #35
CyberPunk

orochimaru left before the kyuubi attack. the 4th was the hokage at the time.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 21:33   Link #36
FearTheMullet

I tihnk that maybe obito had sharingan before but put those drops to suppress it maybe to hide it? dunno, sometinhg of the vibe kinda points to that for me
FearTheMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 22:06   Link #37
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFlipGuy
21 YBS: Kakashi graduates the Academy, is placed in cell headed by the future-Yondaime, with Rin and Obito. (Official Character Book, pictures of him and his team/sensei)
So that means that Obito also graduated the academy at a very young age while, say, Sasuke hadn't even started attending yet? I find that a little hard to stomach.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 22:29   Link #38
mexx

you mean kakashi? we do not know the age of obito... but i HIGHLY doubt the leaf would stack, 2 4 year olds in one team... >< , kakashi was a genius, only itachi (that we know of so far) is on par if not more with him in terms of age vs rank. you know you keep thinking someone stuck the eye in kakashi, maybe he just plucked it out of obito and poped it in .

o yea, so if he obtained the sharigan at 10 years, and he has copied 1000 techniques ++, hes been on busy kid. thats arounds to 100 techniques a year, so roughly one technique ever 3.5 days...
mexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 23:57   Link #39
kboykb

This chapter makes me wonder when the Uchiha Clan got its sharingan reputation. In the series, Zabuza immediately knew of the sharingan, and what it could do. In this, the ninja is asking what the eyes are.

So - did Kakashi and his learning of 1000 + jutsus actually broadcast the sharingan's powers across to other countries?

Zabuza also knew that the clan was massacred - so did it take Itachi and Kakashi to show other countries their power?
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 01:09   Link #40
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexx
you mean kakashi? we do not know the age of obito... but i HIGHLY doubt the leaf would stack, 2 4 year olds in one team... >< , kakashi was a genius, only itachi (that we know of so far) is on par if not more with him in terms of age vs rank. you know you keep thinking someone stuck the eye in kakashi, maybe he just plucked it out of obito and poped it in .

o yea, so if he obtained the sharigan at 10 years, and he has copied 1000 techniques ++, hes been on busy kid. thats arounds to 100 techniques a year, so roughly one technique ever 3.5 days...
By age vs. rank what do you mean? Itachi graduated the acadamy at an age later than Kakashi becoming a chuunin.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote