AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-07, 07:25   Link #201
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Why don't they just make their club worthwhile/useful.
Limited time. Probably by the time that they have finally made something worthwhile, Satsuki has already gone through the plan to wipeout the "worthless" clubs, Shokken included.

Plus, I feel that this concern with funding is a something suspicious, especially with bribes and underhanded tactics going around the school.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 08:28   Link #202
Ashaman

They apparently have enough time to enter and run in for student council.

They have at least one machine that makes sweets (I think)

How much time would it take to organize a bake sale or something along those lines.

2, 3 days?

They're the Contemporary Food Club, whatever that means.
Weather its selling, recommending, making or sampling food, as long as they can show that they've done something productive for themselves and more importantly the student body as a whole, they should be safe.

Once Finance girl becomes prez, they can say - This is what we've done, this is how much money we made, and this is our plan for next month. We are now productive.

Its much better than trying to become SCPrez; which is a long shot anyway, and even if Yuu wins he'll actually have to deal with SCP duties, meaning that his time in the club will massively drop.

I don't know - I think that I'm annoyed mostly because rather than make themselves useful, they'd rather work hard for a couple of days or weeks, only so that they can continue to laze about and eat sweets, even as one of their own gets saddled with all the work and responsibility.

And its not as though I can fault Finance girls plan to disband useless clubs, when so far the three examples we have are the Eat Sweets and Laze Around Club, the Model Making Club and whatever the hell that other girl does (Origami?)

And Marcus - I know there's shady back room stuff going on, but they don't. All they know is that one guy is giving away 100 yen to volley for votes.
Old 2012-07-07, 10:01   Link #203
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Yay the OP is so nice!
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 10:06   Link #204
lansglenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
They apparently have enough time to enter and run in for student council.

They have at least one machine that makes sweets (I think)

How much time would it take to organize a bake sale or something along those lines.

2, 3 days?

They're the Contemporary Food Club, whatever that means.
Weather its selling, recommending, making or sampling food, as long as they can show that they've done something productive for themselves and more importantly the student body as a whole, they should be safe.

Once Finance girl becomes prez, they can say - This is what we've done, this is how much money we made, and this is our plan for next month. We are now productive.

Its much better than trying to become SCPrez; which is a long shot anyway, and even if Yuu wins he'll actually have to deal with SCP duties, meaning that his time in the club will massively drop.

I don't know - I think that I'm annoyed mostly because rather than make themselves useful, they'd rather work hard for a couple of days or weeks, only so that they can continue to laze about and eat sweets, even as one of their own gets saddled with all the work and responsibility.

And its not as though I can fault Finance girls plan to disband useless clubs, when so far the three examples we have are the Eat Sweets and Laze Around Club, the Model Making Club and whatever the hell that other girl does (Origami?)

And Marcus - I know there's shady back room stuff going on, but they don't. All they know is that one guy is giving away 100 yen to volley for votes.
Yea, but then it'd be too realistic and won't be as epic.
Old 2012-07-07, 10:29   Link #205
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansglenn View Post
Yea, but then it'd be too realistic and won't be as epic.
This is anime - you think they can't make bake sales epic?
Old 2012-07-07, 11:09   Link #206
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Typical etc...... but at least better than Kono Naka.... for a first episode even with censorships.
It seems entertaining enough to watch , i'll give 3 more episodes.
And yeah , the art is mediocre compared to VN.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 11:23   Link #207
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

It's decent enough, even though I have only seen some pics here and there for the VN. Some characters (Hazuki and Satsuki) definitely got that Amagami SS-like look going on, so I don't mind. :P
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 11:25   Link #208
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
This is anime - you think they can't make bake sales epic?
IMO, it's a question of logic, but a question of the common sense these people have. I mean, we have the smarted one out of them all unintentionally leave the candy maker on for the night for crying out loud! How much more for thinking all those complicated stuff when they can just have a sacrificial lamb do their work for them?

@AmenoJaku
Spoiler for Beware! Go away if you have spoilerphobia:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 12:16   Link #209
Miraluka
Banned

Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 12:40   Link #210
Candyshark

Chūni-byō Demo Koi Shitai!

Chisato does not seem to be impressed by imposter:P.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 14:31   Link #211
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Wow.

I knew this was going to have so-so visuals since it was a branch of AIC and AIC never really provides nice visuals, but I never expected the story to be this revolting.

I remember when I watching NGE episode 26 once in my life and it had that 4th wall breaking moment when it featured an alternate reality of the characters, one where there was a cliche harem moment between two of the characters Asuka and Shinji. Basically what happened in that opening scene in the bed was the exact same thing that happened here and I cannot help but be aggrieved here. This is the exact thing that has been criticized for over a decade.

Talk about perpetrating the stereotype. It feels like some stories will never get better than these sort of cliches.

If it was just this one scene that seemed to do this it wouldn't really be worth complaining about, but the entire episode was chock full of the usual harem bull that I was severely unimpressed by the whole spectacle. There is no shred of individual identity in this show so far. The characters are stock, and the main character is your typical harem lead.

A waste of good char designs I would say.

There was literally no redeeming features about this episode. If it doesn't shape up next episode, I'll consider it an instant drop. Hopefully it becomes less generic and the cast stops being so annoying because this was quite awful.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 16:27   Link #212
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
So, to protect their club from the finance advisor becoming presidant and cutting all worthless clubs, they decide to make one of their own president?

Why don't they just make their club worthwhile/useful.

Start selling some of those sweets that they make or something.
Yeah, honestly this part of the plot has always bugged me.

Their Club Adviser even admits that the Food Club is just hang-out spot for the group to eat and drink with the funds. In the most rational and practical point of view Satsuki isn't doing anything wrong at all by getting rid of it. If Ooshima does run and win the election he should seriously consider how make it a bit more productive.

At this point there is no real reason for it to exist.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 18:24   Link #213
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Maybe everyone there is just a bunch of a-holes that don't really wanna share any of their goods.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 21:18   Link #214
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, they say "merit".
Define "merit".
Their definition of merit is probably "fame", "prestige" or "profitability" for all we know.

In any case, any niche clubs would eventually be scrapped for being "not famous", "lacking prestige" or is "unprofitable".

Besides, they can host a sweets festival all day long and they'll still get scrapped.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 21:55   Link #215
molitar

Well I will have to wait to see if it comes out in BD or DVD format before I watch this censored massacre of a show! If they are going to censor put some damn thought into it a box drawn in front on the floor after all they are in a classroom something besides the cop out method that they used here where a quarter of the entire screen was blurred out. I can't stand cop out censorship that means they don't care about the damn production or they would draw on object in the way something that shows they care about the damn show.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 22:30   Link #216
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

It was a fun first episode. Definitely not enough to make a decision on whether or not to watch though.

And the censoring is painful. Yikes.
Old 2012-07-07, 22:34   Link #217
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
It was a fun first episode. Definitely not enough to make a decision on whether or not to watch though.

And the censoring is painful. Yikes.
That was the disappointing part.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 22:56   Link #218
Midonin
Last Engage

It was one relatively short scene in a full 23-minute episode. Does it really affect one's enjoyment of things that much?
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 23:04   Link #219
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
It was one relatively short scene in a full 23-minute episode. Does it really affect one's enjoyment of things that much?
Its the strawberry in a strawberry cake. No matter how strawberry flavored it is... but without the real strawberry... its still a plain strawberry flavored cake...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 01:25   Link #220
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Artwork is bad.
Story is bad.

OP is GOOD!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, politics, romance, school life, seinen