AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2006-07-14, 15:10   Link #1
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Hoshizora Kiseki

Hoshizora Kiseki 星空キセキ (Miracle of the Starry Sky)

Web OVA, available for two weeks starting 10 July on Yahoo (in Japan only). DVD available August 3.

From AnimeNfo:
Kozue, a member of an astronomical club, is a girl who longs for a starry sky and love. During the summer break, she set out a journey with a shining fragment of a meteor, feeling someone calling her, believing that a star will answer to her. During her trip, she meets a boy with sad eyes in an astronomy museum. Although she is getting attracted by him, his calling departs them mercilessly, and Kozue tries to open his closed mind. Under the innumerable stars in the sky, a night of miracle begins…

I enjoyed it, but perhaps not as much as I'd hoped. It's a simple story, against a complex background. The animation and backgrounds are interesting and beautiful. The star's voice acting is good, too. She's Hosono Yumiko, who played Honoka in Suzuka and has appeared in movie and drama as well.

I appreciated the fact that Kozue was drawn broad-hipped and not that gorgeous. She was interesting, nice-looking, and sympathetic.

The director is Watanabe Akio, who did character design and animation direction for Soul Taker, and character design for Nurse Witch Komugi, Magical Kanan, and Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko. He did almost everything on this OVA: director, screenplay, storyboard, character design, animation direction and color design.

Official site
Anime News Network
AnimeNfo
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 15:37   Link #2
DaFool
Resident devil

Well I was able to watch on my Philippine IP
http://streaming.yahoo.co.jp/p/t/00005/v00188/

The second video is an interview with some creator, don't know if its the director or not, I didn't understand what they were saying except they mentioned the words, "otaku", and "moe".

Quote:
I appreciated the fact that Kozue was drawn broad-hipped and not that gorgeous. She was interesting, nice-looking, and sympathetic.
She's drop dead gorgeous!!! And uber-moe!!!

The show was only 25 mins. Yes it seemed like they crammed too much stuff in there, and it didn't feel as otherworldy as Hoshi no Koe. But I guess this is 'regular' anime. It has a nice theme song, though it got reused too much.

A raw is now floating about. I'm curious though since yahoo did force us to upgrade DRM.

..forgot to mention it has the longest sequence ever of a naked boy in any anime I have ever seen...ever. Not that I care.

Last edited by DaFool; 2006-07-14 at 16:00.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 13:24   Link #3
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
naked boy... Vampiyan Kids pilot
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 14:19   Link #4
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
Does anyone want the raw?
clem-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 19:23   Link #5
DaFool
Resident devil

We know where to get it...its exactly a rip of the HQ stream.

Upon rewatching...hmmm it may be a simple enough story. I thought what Kozue had strapped on her back was a lacrosse stick...and then realized it was a telescope. What a geek
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 19:23   Link #6
Keitarou
Ninja

I was looking forward to it, mostly because Watanabe Akio was that much involved with it. SoulTaker and Yohko had particularly outstanding style and I love his character designs.

Hoshizora Kiseki is nice. It is a simple story, there is not much background to it, neither does is have a deeper meaning than what was shown. It jumps around and shows only the most important scenes and it works in that way. Some nice bits of animation, overall nothing outstanding, nor remotely on the level of a Shinkai Makoto, but it does fit overall. If there's one thing which needed heavy improvement, it was the music, having just one nice piece and playing it over and over again doesn't quite work.

Anyway, a short and nice watch, lacking any impact but enjoyable in its own way. :)
Keitarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 21:56   Link #7
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

I was severeley disappointed. This was one strange OAV. Nothing made sense except for the simple romance part. Spacesuits? Huh?

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote