AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-02, 13:09   Link #1761
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i just watched the latest movie trailer, and it screwed me, either it is a retelling of the current arc, or there are gonna be some changes in the anime in future episodes.
Old 2012-09-02, 14:38   Link #1762
kitten320

Kurapika has his eyes bandaged what implies that he lost them. For me it looks like an alternative take on the Phantom arc.

I'm actually excited, I wan to see how Kurapika would deal with the problem without his eyes. Poor guy sure can't catch a break.
Old 2012-09-02, 14:43   Link #1763
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmos View Post
I liked the MH filler in this epi, extended Injuu scenes and small reveals of Ryodan. I didn't get the sense of Kurapika's attachment to his group in the manga, thought he was just using them and wasn't fazed by the death of those 3 in the first auction. Maybe remembering wrong or got the wrong impression. The only obvious bond formed was with Senritsu.
I don't see the emotional outburst from Kurapika in this episode as a result of his attachment to Baise and the other two so much as a result of personally witnessing one of the killers of his clan nonchalantly admitting to more murders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
We should be seeing Gon, Killua and Leorio next week even if there's no anime-original scenes, shouldn't we?
Yes, as long as the next episode covers more than a single chapter. If anything it's the amount of anime-original scenes for other people that might prevent their appearance next episode. I was surprised not to see them in the preview.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 05:28   Link #1764
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
I don't see the emotional outburst from Kurapika in this episode as a result of his attachment to Baise and the other two so much as a result of personally witnessing one of the killers of his clan nonchalantly admitting to more murders.
Kurapika has extreme contempt for people who speak so casually about killing people who have nothing to do with them.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 05:44   Link #1765
ShiroiRyu

Sorry, i want to know what is the name of the music when Hisoka encounter Kurapika. **
Old 2012-09-03, 12:07   Link #1766
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

4.7 this week for HxH. Is that the highest rating the 2011 has gotten so far?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 12:08   Link #1767
leokiko

4.7 is still good, but HxH will do better if Madhouse animates Chimera Ants, I bet it will bump to 6~7 then, or even more
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 12:09   Link #1768
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Actually 4.7 is outstanding. Outside the realm of One Piece and shows of the Sazae-san ilk, that's a very impressive number.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 12:40   Link #1769
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Kurapika has extreme contempt for people who speak so casually about killing people who have nothing to do with them.
...Are you trying to correct what I said or simply add to it? Because it's pretty obvious that the one speaking in this case being one of the killers of his clan is what rammed up his contempt to a degree which he couldn't even contain anymore and had to lash out physically. Kurapika can tolerate Hisoka, who kills people who have nothing to do with him as well.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 13:50   Link #1770
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
4.7 is still good, but HxH will do better if Madhouse animates Chimera Ants, I bet it will bump to 6~7 then, or even more
Why, because it hasn't been animated before? On the whole, it's a pretty boring arc.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 14:34   Link #1771
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i actually consider ants ark on par with the zoldyeck secret ark, but not as good as the current one; the yorkshin arc, but im not sure how that arc would appeal to kids, im not implying any insults with that, but its well known kids provide the highest ratings.
Old 2012-09-03, 16:19   Link #1772
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Why, because it hasn't been animated before? On the whole, it's a pretty boring arc.
I thought CA arc was awesome. It had it all: awesome battles, great characters and twists. Only the art was crappy, but that should be good if animated by Madhouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
i actually consider ants ark on par with the zoldyeck secret ark, but not as good as the current one; the yorkshin arc, but im not sure how that arc would appeal to kids, im not implying any insults with that, but its well known kids provide the highest ratings.
CA arc has more battles than any other arc on HxH, so it will appeal to kids too imo.
Old 2012-09-03, 16:28   Link #1773
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm not enamored of that arc's battles, and if you take that away, what do you have left?
Old 2012-09-03, 16:44   Link #1774
leokiko

Quote:
I'm not enamored of that arc's battles, and if you take that away, what do you have left?
Gon showing another side of his personality, Killua finding something VERY important, and awesome new hunter characters. CA was the first true shounen arc that Togashi did. If he had toned down the violence, of course.
Old 2012-09-03, 16:51   Link #1775
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

battles arent actually what i enjoy the most about this series nor those arcs, though i still consider them some of the best, but i dont think is appropiate to give my arguments here on the anime thread.
Old 2012-09-03, 16:57   Link #1776
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
...Are you trying to correct what I said or simply add to it? Because it's pretty obvious that the one speaking in this case being one of the killers of his clan is what rammed up his contempt to a degree which he couldn't even contain anymore and had to lash out physically. Kurapika can tolerate Hisoka, who kills people who have nothing to do with him as well.
While Hisoka is not shy about killing people and is definitely a dangerous man, lets put on our "Hunter-Glasses" for a second. That is, glasses that look at things on a grey-to-black scale. Hisoka so far hasn't killed anyone who isn't putting their life on the line in the first place. As far as I can recall anyways. Feel free to remind me of something I may have forgotten.
Old 2012-09-03, 17:01   Link #1777
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't see what the problem is. Kurapika will associate with people he find distasteful for the sake of his vengeance. That's been established since he sought employment with criminal body part collectors.

Uvo, OTOH, is a Spider. He could have been talking about how he spends his spare time volunteering at an animal shelter and donating all his money to charity, Kurapika would still have been only a hairbreadth away from socking him.
Old 2012-09-03, 17:15   Link #1778
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Uvo, OTOH, is a Spider. He could have been talking about how he spends his spare time volunteering at an animal shelter and donating all his money to charity, Kurapika would still have been only a hairbreadth away from socking him.
That... would probably have given Kurapika MORE reason to sock him.
Old 2012-09-03, 21:13   Link #1779
FateAnomaly

Quote:
Thats reminds me. Why did Hisoka say the spider engage in philanthropic actions? He is being sarcastic or did i read wrongly?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 22:09   Link #1780
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Thats reminds me. Why did Hisoka say the spider engage in philanthropic actions? He is being sarcastic or did i read wrongly?
He was telling the truth.

Tags
action, shounen