Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-08, 11:26   Link #161
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKiko View Post
Also he is not dead its just frozen... Like luffy and robbin were.
Staying frozen for too long though would be sure to kill anyone. Luffy and Robin were just lucky they had their companions there to thaw out the ice.

Quote:
The only reason i see Buggy as a member of the strawhats its because it doesnt make any sense if Buggy gets this bounty boost and then... it just go after some treasure that its not the one piece... i mean... would Oda have so much trouble raising Buggys bounty to have him not "fighting" Luffy anymore since Luffy is after the One Piece and Buggy is not? Why would he bother raising Buggy's character this much in order to just leave him behind right after... Its not like Buggy's quest for Captain John's Tresure is going to mess with Luffy's quest for the One Piece. It just doesnt make any sense to me...
The only strawhat who's after One Piece is Luffy; all of the others have their own goals. That being said, I don't see a problem with Buggy trying to find Captain John's treasure if he were to become one of the strawhats (very unlikely, IMO ).

As for Buggy being a serious contender to Luffy in the future, I doubt that. So far, Oda has depicted Buggy as nothing but a joke and comic relief to the story. Until Oda shows us otherwise, I'm inclined to believe that Buggy is a joke in the meantime (sorry, marvelB ).
Old 2009-11-08, 13:50   Link #162
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Buggy seems to be a bit too weak for Luffy's crew.

....Yet Usopp and Nami aren't?

Anyway, I already said before that I personally didn't expect Buggy to join Luffy, anyhw. I still think he'll reunit with his old crew (who should totally ditch Alvida), and possibily have his group of followers from ID join the crew, as well. Or at least just Mr. 3, anyway. Those two make a great team.

But you know, it would be so awesome if Buggy ends up gaining 8000 followers in his crew due to the infamy he's gained (the same number of followers Usopp claims to have, remember).

*Sigh*, I really hope that Marco thaws out Buggy next chapter.......
Old 2009-11-08, 15:08   Link #163
james0246

^I expect that it will be Akainu that unfreezes Buggy...accidentally of course .
Old 2009-11-08, 16:54   Link #164
ShadowKiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Staying frozen for too long though would be sure to kill anyone. Luffy and Robin were just lucky they had their companions there to thaw out the ice.

The only strawhat who's after One Piece is Luffy; all of the others have their own goals. That being said, I don't see a problem with Buggy trying to find Captain John's treasure if he were to become one of the strawhats (very unlikely, IMO ).

As for Buggy being a serious contender to Luffy in the future, I doubt that. So far, Oda has depicted Buggy as nothing but a joke and comic relief to the story. Until Oda shows us otherwise, I'm inclined to believe that Buggy is a joke in the meantime (sorry, marvelB ).
Well as for being frozen there are a lot of guys there that could take care of that...

What i find strange its... why give buggy's a quest if its not the quest for the one piece? Why bother raising a character if he is to be discarded... its not like Oda is going to waste time on a vilain that will not interfere with the strawhats... and since the strawhats are not trying to find that John's Tresure why would Oda give a goal like that to Buggy? Will he really show us Buggy and his crew searching for that treasure? I dont think so... Even though somehow Buggy joining the Strawhats seems a little off... I just dont get it why would Oda give a goal like that to Buggy if its not for us to see if he get's it or not...

Last edited by ShadowKiko; 2009-11-08 at 17:04.
Old 2009-11-08, 17:25   Link #165
andy

Quote:
Well as for being frozen there are a lot of guys there that could take care of that...

What i find strange its... why give buggy's a quest if its not the quest for the one piece? Why bother raising a character if he is to be discarded... its not like Oda is going to waste time on a vilain that will not interfere with the strawhats... and since the strawhats are not trying to find that John's Tresure why would Oda give a goal like that to Buggy? Will he really show us Buggy and his crew searching for that treasure? I dont think so... Even though somehow Buggy joining the Strawhats seems a little off... I just dont get it why would Oda give a goal like that to Buggy if its not for us to see if he get's it or not...
Oda could show us buggy getting it threw cover stories,Hell i sure not all pirates want the OP some just wanted money or power.
Old 2009-11-08, 17:46   Link #166
marvelB

^I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Buggy get a second ministory. After all, it's been several storylines since his brief appearance during the Jaya arc and his reappearance at Impel Down (which would explain why he's been getting so much attention lately), but we'll most likely be seeing less of him again once Luffy reunites with his crew. A ministory chronicling his search for Captain John's treasure would be quite welcome, indeed (of course, this also means we'll see him endure all sorts of hell thanks to his hyping himself at Marineford )......

Speaking of Captain John's treasure, I wouldn't be surprised if Oda actually ties it in with the One Piece, somehow......
Old 2009-11-08, 18:38   Link #167
aimboy234
Proud Filipino

Hello I'm a newbie here, I just see the link from pinoyexchange.com anime and manga forum...
You guys have a pretty hot discussion here, as for Buggy I think he deseved a bigger spotlight since he was once a member of Roger's Pirate and as an acquintance of Shanks...
I think that not only Luffy was interested in getting One Piece, but also Eustass Kid as he was saying that anywhere he goes people are laughing at him that's why he killed them all...
Old 2009-11-08, 20:59   Link #168
ShadowKiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimboy234 View Post
I think that not only Luffy was interested in getting One Piece, but also Eustass Kid as he was saying that anywhere he goes people are laughing at him that's why he killed them all...
I guess there are a lot more pirates than just Luffy and Kid wanting to get the one piece and become PK.

It was even said by sengoku that WB wanted to make Ace the sucessor of his father.

Luffy also said that WB wants to be PK and since the era of pirates became with Roger talking about OP im guessing that pretty much anyone would want to get their hands to one piece. So there will be a lot o rivals on the way.

Now that you've spoken about kid i got anxious to see how does Kid and Law evolve... Cant wait to see them again soon...

As for Buggy... we'll have to wait and see... but since it was told by Oda that a former enemy would join strawhat's crew... right now... i dont see any other than Buggy joining... even though as i said before... Buggy joining the strawhats seem's a little bit off...
But who else do we have?
Crocodile? Not in a thousand years... never going to happen...
Perona? She is useless and somehow she doesnt fit...
Mr. 3? Like Perona...
The only one i could think about its Bon Clay... but his fighting ability its too similar to Sanji's so i dont see him joining eighter and we dont know what happened to him back at ID...

When it was Robbin i kinda saw it comming... But this time... I just cant get it... and even though its seems off... Buggy stills the only one who would actually fit Luffy's crew somehow in my opinion...

Like all other strawhat's member he is crazy in his own way, has his own quest, has his funny moments and has a diferent ability from the rest of the crew...
Old 2009-11-08, 21:20   Link #169
Haxeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Your right to an extent... its true that Whitebeard using his powers carelessly could cause many problems, particularly hurting his own men... Problem with that explanation is that Boa, Blackbeard, and Kuma do NOT have this problem

Boa doesn't give a damn about anyone on that battlefield other than Luffy... So their is no reason for her to hold back... there is no downside to her just carelessly throwing around mero mero beams... Blackbeard, aside from watching out for his own men, there are no problems with him just sucking up everything; and his men know to keep their distance when he gets serious... Kuma, again, where's the downside with him just sending everyone flying?... great power comes great responsibility, but we are talking about characters that either don't have much responsibility (no need to be careful) or don't give a damn about such responsibility...

Kuma's power is the power of gravity, he is like a walking blackhole... nothing is capable of resisting a blackhole, even light itself would get pulled it. Hell, That was one of the points he tried to illustrate for Ace... Ace said "i just have to avoid getting grabbed", and Blackbeard's point about his powers was that such a thing was impossible.

Really, considering how he can basically teleport, and what we've already seen him do we KNOW that he has very high speed... a single touch is ALL he needs... to escape Kuma you have to be literally untouchable

Though it is true about waiting and see for more explanation on his powers... Moria seemed to be hinting to something, but so far we have not seen much of any connection to the conditions and destinations of where everyone was sent.

The vice admiral was pretty much the same as Smoker, and he STILL needed to find a way to distract his mind to avoid petrification... Hell one thing i thought was funny in the earlier chapter was one of the marines she attacked was royally pissed off at her but he was still blushing... frankly, just being really serious isn't the same as saying you are completely unattractive

and saying "it would be boring" is precisely the problem... that's like saying "she doesn't spam it because the plot demands it"... the only way that point actually works out is if she were the type of person who enjoys a good fight, and thus holds back so that she can enjoy it.... kinda like Kenpachi from bleach

Technically no...
in most games/anime/mangas/stories "light" and "dark" play opposite to eachother; they are usually used as terms to replace "holy" and "unholy" (angel would be a being of light, while a demon would be a being of dark)... however Oda is using Light and dark as elements... Light refers to sunlight, lasers and so forth... Dark refers to gravity, as in a blackhole... as such, light and dark have no relation to eachother. Light has no advantage over darkness in one piece, as even light can not escape the pull of a blackhole... so even Kizaru would have the same advantages and disadvantages in a fight against BB
1. I always figured that Kuma's abilities are limited to areas he has been and possibly limited to only islands, pure speculation here but it wouldn't surprise me if his powers were limited to sending people to land destinations due to dfs being forsaken by the sea. Also Kuma moves exceedingly fast like teleportation but we don't know exactly how fast and I doubt it's as fast as Kizaru so theoretically there could be people faster than Kuma and able to avoid his hands. Also opponents should still be able to block his arms without touching the paws which are what he needs to touch you with to repel you.

2. Hancock doesn't care about this war so she really only attacks when attacked or defending Luffy, so that alone is enough reason for her to not spam mero beams. Additionally her way of describing her ability has already become suspect because she showed the ability to petrify inanimate objects, there are probably conditions to her attacks that we don't know about and in all honesty I still don't think mero mero would've worked on Smoker (perhaps he's more serious than Momonga?) and atm it's ok to speculate as such because Luffy being an exception against her powers allows for the possibility of others.

3. As for BB, his powers allow him to manipulate gravity but the focus of the ability is the darkness itself and the df nullification. What I meant earlier is that I don't think BB's powers are at their peak, and if you actually look at how they are illustrated his gravitational powers aren't anywhere near the level of a blackhole, if they were then those guards he sucked in would've been spaghettified and crushed infinitesimally as would the debris he sucked in at Banaro island where he fought Ace, so just based of the illustration in the comic and that BB is also likely increasing in strength/still mastering his df I don't think his powers are inescapable atm. Also it's a bit silly to start thinking of his powers in terms of the scientific attributes of a blackhole when they have been shown to be nowhere near as devastating as that, otherwise his first use of his blackhole would've surely destroyed the planet.
Old 2009-11-08, 21:53   Link #170
aimboy234
Proud Filipino

I dont think that Kuma paws is limited to island, because it "pushing" ability can also be used to negate attacks, so I think that Luffy and his crew destination is island around and within a circular perimeter which is the center is Sabaody given that they all fly for three days...

Why Buggy stays only at East Blue and Shanks grew super strong, thet receive the same training at Oro Jackson dont they...

Buggy can be frozen right, if the ice was smashed do you think that Buggy was still alive...

And last thing, I just watched the crews whereabout and I saw Jonathon the commander of G8, summoned at Marineford,is he an anime exclusive character...
Old 2009-11-09, 00:26   Link #171
Kona
Banned

I have a hard time seeing anybody but buggy being the final obstacle for luffy. If oda favorite villain is buggy why would he give blackbeard or anybody else the last obstacle treatment? The way buggy has connections to major characters in the story indicates in my eyes he will be the final villain/last battle for luffy and his crew then again anything could happen..
Old 2009-11-09, 06:39   Link #172
UbengHilaw

hi im new here .... and im really excited for mangas next release.

i got spoilers for OP 564....

http://onepiece-spoilers.blogspot.co...apter-564.html

Note: There isn't going to be any One Piece manga this week.

Path Chosen

Akinu: Curses Whitebeard isn't going to fight his allies like I had hoped.

Sengoku: Akinu your strategy succeeded in injuring Whitebeard but you and I both know that a simple stab as that won't stop Whitebeard, let alone slow him down.

Squad: Was I truly tricked, but how does that explain the marines only killing New World Pirates?

Marco: Akinu probably instructed the marines and their captains to attack only New World Pirates to make the betrayal all the more convincing. Plus there are A LOT more New World pirates than there are Whitebeard Pirates so it makes sense that it is much easier to target New World Pirates than the fewer Whitebeard Pirates.

Whitebeard charges the front line with amazing speed swining his naganato at the marines sending a huge shockwave at them. Hundreds of Marines are blown away and killed. Akinu lunges at Whitebeard.

Akinu: How dare you break the agreement between us Whitebeard

Whitebeard: I have made no agreement with you fodders

Whitebeard swing his nagnato and misses Akinu, Akinu tries to swipe at Whitebeard but Whitebeard sees it coming and with his fist and combining it with his Quake abilites he hits Akinu. Akinu flies into a stone wall and disappears. Kizaru and Akoji also attack whitebeard but the result is the same. The shockwaves reach Buggy and his followers, the shockwave shatters the ice freeing Buggy and the others leaving them realativly unharmed.

Marine: Even the Three Admirals are nothing compared to Whitebeard

New World Pirate: What should we do?

New World Pirate2: No idea, I have no idea what to believe

New World Captain: FOOLS!

New world Pirates: Captain?

New World Captain: DON'T DOUBT WHITEBEARD HE WOULD NEVER FALL SO LOW AS TO MAKE DEALS WITH THOSE MARINES AS LONG AS HE IS CAPABLE OF DESTROYING THEM! FOLLOW WHITEBEARD!

The new world pirates find their resolve and follow their captains

New World Pirates: FOLLOW WHITEBEARD!

Sengoku however decided to start with the execution because with Buggy's freezing the camera was rendered inactive, and wouldn't work. But unbeknownst to him when Whitebeard freed Buggy and the prisoners he actually also freed the camera reactivating the signal to the Archapelago where everyone was watching.

Sengoku: Enough quickly resume the execution

Executors: YES SIR!

The two executors begin their traditional execution perfomrance, and ready their spears to execute Ace.

Sengoku: DO IT NOW!

Sengoku is getting paniced because Whitbeard is getting close. Whitebeard had just killed ten more marines and is brushing them aside to get to the platform. The executioners finish their routine performance and ready the blades.

Luffy: NO!

Luffy along with Jimbei are charging through a small line of marines but they are slowing them down and they can't get there in time.

Whitebeard: I won't make it in time

Whitebeard is at the bottom of the stand but he can't jump up fast enough

Marco: I'm too late

Marco is flying but he just left the ship and is also too far

Sengoku: I win Whitebeard

Ace watches as the spears lunge at his heart.

????: KAMIKAZE'S WIND VORTEX

A jet of green wind envelopes the two executioners and turning into a twister it bows the two executioners away.

Sengoku: What the?

Garp: I should have known...Dragon

A figure appears out of the shadows behind Ace and Sengoku looks on shocked.

Dragon: Good to see you again father

Garp: I can only wonder what it was that prompted you to show son

Note: this is under the assumption that Sengoku does act as the final camera is shut off, plus Whitebeard's approach would make Sengoku want to hurry it up even more. Agreement, and opposition is welcome.
Old 2009-11-09, 07:04   Link #173
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

^ If I can remember refering any directlink for spoiler or other forum is forbidden in this forums...
Old 2009-11-09, 07:26   Link #174
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by UbengHilaw View Post
hi im new here .... and im really excited for mangas next release.

Akinu: Curses Whitebeard isn't going to fight his allies like I had hoped.
I can almost envision akainu saying this in a snidely whiplash voice.
Quote:
Whitebeard: I have made no agreement with you fodders

Quote:
New World Captain: DON'T DOUBT WHITEBEARD HE WOULD NEVER FALL SO LOW AS TO MAKE DEALS WITH THOSE MARINES AS LONG AS HE IS CAPABLE OF DESTROYING THEM! FOLLOW WHITEBEARD!

The new world pirates find their resolve and follow their captains

New World Pirates: FOLLOW WHITEBEARD!
Monty Python reference?
Quote:
Sengoku: I win Whitebeard
Sengoku is Light Yagami confirmed, "All according to keikaku."

That was fun, Please post more fake spoilers next week, That is if you're not banned.
Old 2009-11-09, 08:04   Link #175
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
As for Buggy... we'll have to wait and see... but since it was told by Oda that a former enemy would join strawhat's crew... right now... i dont see any other than Buggy joining... even though as i said before... Buggy joining the strawhats seem's a little bit off...
But who else do we have?
Crocodile? Not in a thousand years... never going to happen...
Perona? She is useless and somehow she doesnt fit...
Mr. 3? Like Perona...
The only one i could think about its Bon Clay... but his fighting ability its too similar to Sanji's so i dont see him joining eighter and we dont know what happened to him back at ID...

When it was Robbin i kinda saw it comming... But this time... I just cant get it... and even though its seems off... Buggy stills the only one who would actually fit Luffy's crew somehow in my opinion...

Like all other strawhat's member he is crazy in his own way, has his own quest, has his funny moments and has a diferent ability from the rest of the crew...
If it's true that a former enemy will be joining the crew, I think it will be Boa Hancock. Usually the new crew member will have a really sad backstory (actually, I think that's true in every case). And Boa is the only former enemy I can think of that has a sad backstory.
Old 2009-11-09, 08:50   Link #176
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

^ Well I a gree for Buggy joining the crew... for the only reason so Zorro could have another task to fulfill beside became the world strongest swordsman/defeating hawkeyes...(he can practice with him everyday )

Cutting a Man that couldn't be Cut!!! will be zorro final assignment...
Old 2009-11-09, 10:06   Link #177
ShadowKiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
If it's true that a former enemy will be joining the crew, I think it will be Boa Hancock. Usually the new crew member will have a really sad backstory (actually, I think that's true in every case). And Boa is the only former enemy I can think of that has a sad backstory.

There are a few reasons why i think Boa its not a suitable candidate to join strawhats:

She is too strong and its well known around the world much more than any of the strawhats , Sanji would be turned to Stone every minute, She has her own crew, i dont really look at Hancock as a former enemy, she does not have a quest on her own (at least not revealed yet) and she has the Haoshoku Haki wich only a very few in OP world have... so it would not make any sense that two of them were in Luffy's crew.

I totally see however Boa teaching Luffy how to manipulate Haki.

From all the former enemies at this moment... the only two i could see joining are Bon Clay and Buggy... However i see Buggy as a stronger candidate for the reasons i've stated before.

But we will have to wait and see what Oda wil give to us...
Old 2009-11-09, 10:49   Link #178
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
There are a few reasons why i think Boa its not a suitable candidate to join strawhats:

She is too strong and its well known around the world much more than any of the strawhats , Sanji would be turned to Stone every minute, She has her own crew, i dont really look at Hancock as a former enemy, she does not have a quest on her own (at least not revealed yet) and she has the Haoshoku Haki wich only a very few in OP world have... so it would not make any sense that two of them were in Luffy's crew.

I totally see however Boa teaching Luffy how to manipulate Haki.

From all the former enemies at this moment... the only two i could see joining are Bon Clay and Buggy... However i see Buggy as a stronger candidate for the reasons i've stated before.

But we will have to wait and see what Oda wil give to us...
Yeah, Boa might still be stronger than Luffy since she made child's play out of Smoker. But, once Luffy learns how to use haki, I don't think that will be true. Boa has her own crew, but Franky had his Franky family, and he left them behind. Sanji left the Barati. Nami left her village. Zoro left his gay friends Johnny and Yosaku. The reason I don't think Buggy will become a strawhat is that the Strawhat crew are named after the type of hat that Shanks wore. Luffy idolizes Shanks, but we know that Buggy hates Shanks. Also, Buggy is lacking the sad backstory that the other crew members have. Plus, he nearly killed Luffy at Loguetown, and he's not exactly a trustworthy person. Boa may be too powerful to join the Strawhats, but I think they do need another woman in their crew. Perona is also a possibility because she was sent to the same island as Zoro. However, we already got Brook from the Thriller Bark story arc, and probably won't get another member from the same arc.
Old 2009-11-09, 12:49   Link #179
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Who else is annoyed with the breaks lately?

This suddenly turned in to a bi-weekly manga.
Old 2009-11-09, 12:59   Link #180
ShadowKiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
Yeah, Boa might still be stronger than Luffy since she made child's play out of Smoker. But, once Luffy learns how to use haki, I don't think that will be true. Boa has her own crew, but Franky had his Franky family, and he left them behind. Sanji left the Barati. Nami left her village. Zoro left his gay friends Johnny and Yosaku. The reason I don't think Buggy will become a strawhat is that the Strawhat crew are named after the type of hat that Shanks wore. Luffy idolizes Shanks, but we know that Buggy hates Shanks. Also, Buggy is lacking the sad backstory that the other crew members have. Plus, he nearly killed Luffy at Loguetown, and he's not exactly a trustworthy person. Boa may be too powerful to join the Strawhats, but I think they do need another woman in their crew. Perona is also a possibility because she was sent to the same island as Zoro. However, we already got Brook from the Thriller Bark story arc, and probably won't get another member from the same arc.

Boa is way stronger than Luffy and has king's Haki... Even Sengoku recognizes her power... she will not be a part of strawhats thats for sure. We know little about Buggy's past but Oda have been developing his character in this later chaps so maybe he has somekind of sad background... We dont know how did he and shanks ended in Rogers crew anyway. Its true that buggy tried to kill luffy... but then again... so did Hancock... so that does not make a valid argument for me... Another reason why i dont see hancock joining its because... Zoro and Sanji will definitly be the number two and three in the crew and Boa is way stronger than both... Even stronger than Luffy. If Boa its to join the strawhats now... its way to soon...
Anyway i dont see Buggy joining the strawhats like everyone else did... As i said before... if he is to join the strawhats it will be something like:

Buggy: Dont missunderstand me... we're not friends... I just go until i found John tresure bla bla bla...

But he just ends up staying...

Anyway i hoppe not since i find Buggy a total joke...
Closed Thread