AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-06, 13:42   Link #61
Phocus
◕ ◡ ◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
You guys got your wish; Madhouse is doing it.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3606

It seems to be the Death Note staff.
FUCK YEAR

I saw this news last night on 4chan, but I was skeptical about it. I guess this should confirm it as true, since the source is from MOONPHASE.
Old 2010-02-06, 14:19   Link #62
konart

Party time!

Great staff for the series
Old 2010-02-06, 14:46   Link #63
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Phew, well, at least Shaft and KyoAni didn't get the anime... Safe... Safe...
Why not KyoAni? If they got it, they'll certainly give it to the Full Metal Panic: TSR staff. They have some experience on going gruesomely violent.
Old 2010-02-06, 15:46   Link #64
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
You guys got your wish; Madhouse is doing it.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3606

It seems to be the Death Note staff.
Awesome, its Madhouse but more importantly it's a good Madhouse team. A Madhouse + IMAGIN team up would be fail for this.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 16:02   Link #65
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

i'm looking forward to this~ ^^ i enjoyed reading the manga, which i must say it's pretty guud.
clarakiss~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 16:09   Link #66
Avisch
Reality Blender

If Hideki Taniuchi does the music, I will smile a whole lot.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 16:11   Link #67
Westlo
Lets be reality

So the director did Kurozaku and has worked on Black Lagoon before... that bodes well.
Old 2010-02-06, 17:46   Link #68
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
I hope he (Araki Testuro) doesn't butcher it like he did with Kurozuka. Great news that Madhouse is handling this though.
Eh... he did the best he could do for a 12 ep series based on a 10 vol series. HotD is only 5 volumes though don't think I'll run for 24/26 eps either so it's likely to 12/13 eps.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 17:57   Link #69
Sykez
One Piece Lover

I havn't heard of the manga before. Probably because I don't read that much manga. I might start reading this. Thanks!
Sykez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 19:16   Link #70
Freeter
beyond

Madhouse and the Death Note staff...now I can breathe easy. HD Saeko is going to be absolutely delicious

If only Black Lagoon could have another full season and debut along with this. They'd easily clean house.
Old 2010-02-06, 19:18   Link #71
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
If only Black Lagoon could have another full season and debut along with this. They'd easily clean house.
I prefer Madhouse putting out the 3rd season of Black Lagoon as OVAs, better animation & production values and it won't be restricted by tv censorship. Is the Black Lagoon OVA even dated yet?
Old 2010-02-06, 20:45   Link #72
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Eh... he did the best he could do for a 12 ep series based on a 10 vol series. HotD is only 5 volumes though don't think I'll run for 24/26 eps either so it's likely to 12/13 eps.
No, I was talking about how he changed a lot of things in the adaptation and didn't follow the original at all. I try to avoid anime-original in an adaptation because I tend to have mixed to negative feelings about it, especially in Kurozuka's case, which I really liked as a manga. I hope he isn't planning to do this with HotD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I prefer Madhouse putting out the 3rd season of Black Lagoon as OVAs, better animation & production values and it won't be restricted by tv censorship. Is the Black Lagoon OVA even dated yet?
Not yet. Somewhere in 2010 for sure, but no release date so far.
Old 2010-02-06, 20:55   Link #73
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
No, I was talking about how he changed a lot of things in the adaptation and didn't follow the original at all. I try to avoid anime-original in an adaptation because I tend to have mixed to negative feelings about it, especially in Kurozuka's case, which I really liked as a manga. I hope he isn't planning to do this with HotD.

Eh the anime was good for what it was. Also I'll would have been pretty hard to follow the manga considering it was 12 eps only, so yeah changes had to be made wherever you liked it or not.

Anyways with the manga starting again for HotD the series could be split to two 12/13 ep seasons, after their done with the first season they'll wait for more manga material to be done so that they'll use for the 2nd season.
Old 2010-02-06, 21:07   Link #74
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Eh the anime was good for what it was.
But you're missing my point. I'm not saying the anime itself was bad. I'm saying that as an adaptation, it got completely butchered.

Quote:
Also I'll would have been pretty hard to follow the manga considering it was 12 eps only, so yeah changes had to be made wherever you liked it or not.
That is not my problem, so I don't particularly care.

Quote:
Anyways with the manga starting again for HotD the series could be split to two 12/13 ep seasons, after their done with the first season they'll wait for more manga material to be done so that they'll use for the 2nd season.
Depends on the popularity and how good the anime sells. For now, I could easily see a 13-episode adaptation.
Old 2010-02-06, 21:50   Link #75
solomon

Wow, nice core staff. Araki is good with this heavy stuff, they don't seem to make a lotta pulpy violent stuff like they used to in the 90s. (Or maybe thats just cause thats all you could get in america, thanks to MANGA ent ).

Kuroda always follows adaptions to the tee but he is a good writer so if they have to something different, I have faith in him, especially if he handles it all himself like he normally does.

Masayoshi Tanaka snuck up on me. I loved his work on Toradora and seems to have experience animating on some lovely looking shows. This could prove very fruitful as long as they don't whore their korean subcontracting friends at DR Movie.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 23:04   Link #76
magnum
Lurking Around

Found this one, character design.

Old 2010-02-06, 23:16   Link #77
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum View Post
Found this one, character design.

The character design of Takashi reminds me of Kazuki Muto from Busuou Renkin.
Old 2010-02-06, 23:49   Link #78
solomon

Hmm not bad, Tanaka toned them down but they still look good.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 00:33   Link #79
Westlo
Lets be reality

Reasonable close to the manga, Saeko ftw.
Old 2010-02-07, 01:10   Link #80
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
But you're missing my point. I'm not saying the anime itself was bad. I'm saying that as an adaptation, it got completely butchered.

That is not my problem, so I don't particularly care.

Depends on the popularity and how good the anime sells. For now, I could easily see a 13-episode adaptation.

That's fine. But it really wasn't the director's fault I'm sure if given the chance a full 24/26 ep series it would have been closer to the manga just like Death Note anime was because the number of eps it had. Hopefully this series will be two seasons if not gonna expect some changes as well...

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse