AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-08-22, 00:32   Link #581
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
It's funny how Rachel has one of if not the smallest move lists in the game and yet just three of those are enough to ensure a tough match especially if you are good at keeping away from the opponent. If not there is always her Slipheed or her down+C with it's solid knockback which for me ended up resulting in a perfect set up for a Sword's Iris followed by a George XIII almost every time against my friend. That's some good life damage. Especially if it was actually a Baden-Baden Lily.

It's not like she does good damage, but it quickly adds up and it's just that she makes it so hard to hit her.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 00:46   Link #582
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Wonder how Arc Systems will handle those 3.. nerf them or buff the rest.. hard balancing act.. since low tier characters like Tager and Hakuman are like one good move away from being broken.
I believe the majority of players were using those 3 characters. Either it was half or an bit over half the people playing BB at SBO. Only like 2 Ragna's and 1 or 2 Hakumen players out of 60 players I believe qualified. Its be tough to balance the game for every character in my opinion, its possible it could be like Guilty Gear where it take an few games to get it right. Though balancing an game like Guilty Gear Accent Core is already tough as it is.
Old 2009-08-22, 00:57   Link #583
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
It's funny how Rachel has one of if not the smallest move lists in the game and yet just three of those are enough to ensure a tough match especially if you are good at keeping away from the opponent.
I actually never noticed how small her move list was until now.

She does tend to have a lot of versatility with so few moves though, probably due to the fact she can manipulate most of her attacks with the wind.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 08:40   Link #584
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
It's not like she does good damage, but it quickly adds up and it's just that she makes it so hard to hit her.
Seems like you do not know her combos

Rachel has some of the highest ground combo damage in the game.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 11:49   Link #585
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Seems like you do not know her combos

Rachel has some of the highest ground combo damage in the game.
Yeah, like the one I fought this morning who I got down to 1-hit range and then killed me with 2 combos. As Hakumen. He came up again and I declined the match, felt bad since I don't normally do that but I don't really think I had much of a chance.

I've noticed an increasing number of counter-pickers lately. People seem to think that just picking Nu or Arakune makes you automatically beat Hakumen. In some cases they didn't even know any of their moves. Free wins are fun though I guess.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 12:03   Link #586
Westlo
Lets be reality

I think another good part of why the big 3 are so dominant is their mobility compared to every other character in the game. Still I hope they get their re-balancing right, though throwing in new characters isn't going to help in that regard unless they make them weak/mid tier initially and adjust them in future revisions... and we all know by GG that BB is going to get a lot... I think SFIV took that approach with the console exclusive characters since they really aren't as good as the arcade ones.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 04:01   Link #587
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

Been using Tager as my sub character lately (even though my D-card says Noel is my sub, HONESTLY! I USED HER LIKE ONCE!). But my main is still Arakune, I have pretty much almost perfected that corner trap, still having trouble against Nu's though.
Old 2009-08-24, 06:29   Link #588
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

The sub thing is bugged, once it's set it almost never changes (mine is shown as Rachel despite me playing her about 10 times and Jin twice that) and Hakumen and Nu will never be shown there at all.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 08:56   Link #589
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Yeah, mine is with Ragna and i don't play with Ragna for months...

There's a way to fix it, but it's too much work...
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 08:59   Link #590
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
There's a way to fix it, but it's too much work...
Would you mind sharing that knowledge? I wouldn't mind knowing for future use.
Old 2009-08-24, 17:01   Link #591
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Would you mind sharing that knowledge? I wouldn't mind knowing for future use.
Play with your sub till he turns into your main, then play with your main again to make him the main and your sub will be your sub for real. If you did not played that much is easy, but for people with hundreds of battles...
Old 2009-08-26, 02:59   Link #592
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Ladies & Gentlemen. May I present you.... BlazBlue the manga!
http://blazblue.jp/topics.html#topics31
Old 2009-08-26, 05:17   Link #593
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Only a matter of time i guess. This will be a good chance to learn a bit more backstory on each character, plus the art looks pretty solid going by those sample images. Can't wait to read this.
Old 2009-08-26, 08:54   Link #594
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Too bad the manga is more like a limited official doujin release at only 24 pages long which you need to mail-in to boot.

I'm more interested in that Material Collection which looks to be a general release ans looks better than the freebie artbook any day.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 23:45   Link #595
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so i'm going to buy this game the next time i go home (probably thanksgiving). having played 100+ hours of guilty gear x2, i know this will be my cup of tea. i've resolved to play as Nu already. her theme song is what drew me in. haha.

anywho, can someone fill me in on what Nu's portals do?
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 23:50   Link #596
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
They have their own gravity field. In other words, they keep the opponent in place (whether they're blocking or not) and can be used as a juggle starter in combos.
Old 2009-08-30, 01:01   Link #597
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

does the location have to be exactly precise? cause i've seen videos of people in them, but they were still able to jump etc.

also, what is IAD?

thanks for answering the question.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 02:10   Link #598
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
does the location have to be exactly precise? cause i've seen videos of people in them, but they were still able to jump etc.

also, what is IAD?

thanks for answering the question.
Once stuck in the field, opponents get pulled towards it and find it hard to get out, you can jump but you move forward or backwards extremely slowly, it keeps opponents at bay. If an opponent falls because of an attack and is caught by the field, he is suspended in midair helpless and exposed to attacks. You set it up under the opponent for maximum effect, you can set it up else where to keep your opponent away or for some other purpose.

IAD is Instant Air Dash.

IAD is when you jump off the ground immediately into an air dash, used for maneuverability and extensively in combos.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 22:49   Link #599
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Tao's voice is really bad in English

In Japanese Tao calls Litchi 'Chichi no Onna', 'Woman of Boobs'. When Tao headbutted Litchi's boobs, annoying Litchi, Tao was apologising not to Litchi, but 'chichi no naka no hito', 'the person in the boobs'. What is 'the person in the boobs', Litchi, like us have no idea, she tried to ask Tao but decides not to carry on.

Anyway Tao is way more stupid in Japanese than in English, and cuter because of that lol. She not only has no idea of anything, she can't speak properly as well, she's too fluent in English and not 'neko' enough. Besides Japanese, I think the only people who can pull off catgirls perfectly would be the performers of 'Cats the Musical' lol
LOL

Anyway, I just got the game myself for my PS3 after noticing it at my favorite store and then reading a bit about it.

Once I started playing, I sure got an earful of fun and laughs.

Since I'm just getting started I'm still exploring the game (I'm not into the Guilty Gear series; and my favorite fighting game is still Soul Calibur 4 which I also have for my PS3, so my playing style isn't exactly suited to this game). I started out with Litchi, mainly because she's a babe and I guess I have a thing for Chinese Anime Girls (especially those clad in a Qipao or Chinese Dress), and already some of her lines drove me up the wall
Spoiler for My personal favorite:
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 23:32   Link #600
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Litchi got the most beautiful combos in the game IMHO. I love how someone who uses Litchi very well can make a combo on you almost the entire round. A shame i don't know how to use her at all...

But i still like to play with her sometimes. She's just like Tager for me. I have one combo and i'll do it until it stops working, hehe.

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360