AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-12-24, 14:11   Link #361
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I believe there should also be a class of genderless champions: Fiddlesticks, Blitzcrank, Malphite, Kog'maw, Rammus(?).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 23:31   Link #362
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

"Rammus gets all the girls" so I believe he's male .
Old 2010-12-25, 03:49   Link #363
Kafriel
Senior Guest

What if he's lesbian? And to ask a more related question, what's the number of wins an average player has when they hit LV30? I'm currently 24 and still haven't hit the 100 win count, which others have done as far as 4 levels ago.
Old 2010-12-25, 05:06   Link #364
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I mostly played with my friends, so my win ratio is quite high when I reached lv30 (about nearly 200), and after I started to play solo, my result just went downhill.
Old 2010-12-25, 07:15   Link #365
Tiberium Wolf

Awesome. 13 defeats and 2 win in a day. Too many ppl complaining, raging, quiting and calling each other noobs.
Old 2010-12-26, 07:28   Link #366
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I've been playing Zilean for quite a few games now, and noticed in a guide that it says his bomb deals true damage. If I'm not wrong, true damage goes past MR, so what's the point of adding MPen to Zil?
Old 2010-12-26, 08:06   Link #367
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I've been playing Zilean for quite a few games now, and noticed in a guide that it says his bomb deals true damage. If I'm not wrong, true damage goes past MR, so what's the point of adding MPen to Zil?
Because it deals magic dmg.
Old 2010-12-26, 08:08   Link #368
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Thought as much, thanks for the confirmation.

EDIT: Every time I play as Swain, our team is on the losing side, without it always being my fault or bad teamwork. My build is Doran's for starters, sorc/merc depending on enemy CC capability, DFG/Rylai's, order depending on aggro/def gameplay with a godess tear in between, sell Doran's ring, get Zhonya's, upgrade tear to AAS, Will of ancients/hextech gunblade if the match is dragging. Most of the time I play the role of the disabler who drops a rapeload of damage and expects friend Teemo to land the finishing blow, and save asses who are being hunted down with root/getting focus if my pool is up for it. Even when my KDA is good though, we end up getting pummeled even in 3v3 games. Any tips?
Zilean is much easier, in 2v3 me and Amumu held off Mundo, Ezreal and Singed for ~40mins in TT with 13/7 on team kills.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2010-12-27 at 06:54. Reason: avoiding double-post
Old 2010-12-27, 18:42   Link #369
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Official Caitlyn's story & skills :

Pics - http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/...7&d=1293485805

Quote:
Lore:

One of the reasons Piltover is known as the City of Progress is because it has an extraordinarily low crime rate. This hasn't always been the case; brigands and thieves of all sorts used to find the city-state an ideal mark for plunder, primarily due to the valuable resources it imports to fuel its techmaturgical research. Some even theorize that it would have fallen long ago to the chaos of organized crime if not for Caitlyn, the Sheriff of Piltover. Born the daughter of a wealthy statesman and a pioneering hextech researcher, Caitlyn discovered her natural gift for investigation when, at age 14, her father was assaulted and robbed on his way home. She snuck out of her house that night with her father's rifle and tracked down the muggers from the crime scene. At first, her parents did their best to discourage her from such risky hobbies, but she was incorrigible. Wishing to protect her daughter in the only way she knew how, Caitlyn's mother began outfitting her with techmaturgical devices tailored to her sleuthing needs.

Caitlyn quickly gained notoriety, both because she was singlehandedly defeating crime in Piltover and also because she soon developed into a ravishing beauty. She never backed down from a case or a challenge, and she was one of the sharpest shots in the city-state. Her services were soon requested by Demacia to help track down a mysterious outlaw who had begun committing high-profile heists. The bandit, who always left a card with an ornate "C" at the scene of the crime, became Caitlyn's arch-nemesis. To this day, Caitlyn still searches for this cat burglar, and the chase has led her all across Valoran. She has joined the League to hone her skills and gain the influence necessary to track down the only quarry that has managed to evade her.

"Go ahead, run. I'll give you a five minute head start." -Caitlyn, from her book Willing Apprehension

Abilities:

Piltover Peacemaker: Caitlyn revs up her rifle for 1 second to unleash a penetrating shot which deals physical damage (deals less damage to subsequent targets).

Yordle Snap Trap: Caitlyn sets a trap to reveal sneaky yordles. When sprung, the trap immobilizes the champion and deals magic damage over 1.5 seconds.

90 Caliber Net: Caitlyn fires a heavy net to slow her target. The recoil knocks Caitlyn back.

Ace in the Hole (Ultimate): Caitlyn takes time to line up the perfect shot, dealing massive damage to a single target at a huge range. Enemy champions can intercept the bullet for their ally.

Headshot (Passive): Every 8 attacks (attacks while in brush count as 2), Caitlyn will fire a headshot, dealing either 150% damage to a champion or 250% damage to a minion.
http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ad.php?t=89021

She's less of "sniper type" than the unofficial skills but well , i'm interested on her ulti range.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 23:55   Link #370
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Seems like Riot can't make a champion without a disable for once, after Ez....
Old 2010-12-28, 04:44   Link #371
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Passive seems to make her eligible for AD/AS/crit builds, same with her Q. Shame they don't mention if her ulti's magical or physical damage though.
Old 2010-12-29, 16:16   Link #372
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I had my first "high elo" game today that didn't come out of a premade team. It was Swain/Udyr/Cho'gath VS Malzahar/Cassiopeia/Warwick. Naturally, we owned them hard, but things were out of place, like:
A) We're tower diving on ace time, Udyr flames me for stealing his turret.
B) Udyr's ambushed by two, I see him at low health and help out, he says I'm a noob KSer ._.
C) Even though we pummeled them in most of the team fights, they didn't surrender and eventually won with backdoor WW at 58:34 (at Twisted Treeline!!!). This was my first game to actually get a complete item set in 3v3, and even though I said GG, the other two started noob-calling WW for backdooring, which, while usually frowned upon, was their only chance of victory in this match, so yeah...
Second and last match of the day was a few minutes ago, since I was going ftw I picked Zilean, but lagged a lot (300+ latency, ~1.3s lag). Despite fighting against Vlad/Nunu/Xin, two of whom are healers, I got a 1/1/9 in the end, because they surrendered as soon as their first turret fell. Probably my luckiest game ever...
Since the day's over soon, I've got a few things to ask too: am I correct in assuming we got no character rotation this week because of the holidays, and what's up with the chat problem? Also, one thing I've been meaning to ask for a long time, why are there only six A.I.s in bot selection (custom game)?
Old 2010-12-29, 21:44   Link #373
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Since the day's over soon, I've got a few things to ask too: am I correct in assuming we got no character rotation this week because of the holidays, and what's up with the chat problem? Also, one thing I've been meaning to ask for a long time, why are there only six A.I.s in bot selection (custom game)?
Because custom game is for 2 pre-made teams going at each other or for tournament. They don't bother with the bot.

And we still get a new rotation:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=417383
Old 2011-01-02, 11:18   Link #374
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Preview for the new patch :

So much things.

Like new boots for ability cooldown.
No more Zhonya ring but more powerful AP stuff , +100 AP +50 Armor +2 s invinc
+155 AP + 30% overall AP.
Buff for Cass , Olaf , Garen , Udyr?
Now ward can be destroyed after some hits ?
Dragon & Baron can't be soloted easily.
Nerf for Fatigue , Trynd & Yi still gonna pawn.
Old 2011-01-02, 17:45   Link #375
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
No more Zhonya ring but more powerful AP stuff , +100 AP +50 Armor +2 s invinc
+155 AP + 30% overall AP.
I like the idea of splitting the two things that make Zhonya's so desirable, now to get the full effect+bonus it takes nearly twice as much gold. That should make team fights require more strategy and less QWER dumping to win.
Quote:
Dragon & Baron can't be soloted easily.
Don't think anyone can solo Baron anyways...Dragon takes pretty long for certain champs too.
Quote:
Now ward can be destroyed after some hits ?
FINALLY! Riot knows how many times I warded just to have it poof in a second. Sure it was my fault, but still~
Quote:
Nerf for Fatigue
Wouldn't call it so much of a nerf, chopping off 33% of all enemy abilities means it will have a considerable effect on burst casters and still retain its popularity among physical dps.
Old 2011-01-02, 23:20   Link #376
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Don't think anyone can solo Baron anyways...Dragon takes pretty long for certain champs too.
Irelia, at level 13 with about 6k golds worth items. Second one would be Warwick, and the next one is Fiddle.

Dragon is a joke when you reach lv 8, and for some junglers, they can take down dragon at lv 4, solo.
Old 2011-01-03, 09:59   Link #377
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Shaco can easily take down Baron at lv 9 , spam box , use ulti , use smite , baron down 9-10s.
If you jungle well with good stuff like -Madred's bloodrazor- , Dragon is quite easy , depend on the champ. Generally , all Champ who can jungle can solo Dragon at lv5.
Old 2011-01-04, 11:38   Link #378
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Update info :

Spoiler for 1.0.0.108:

Caitlyn Spotlight :

Nice , Nurse Akali : http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...6&d=1294083152

Rofl LeBlanc Buff AD

Lol i remember that i killed many times with Sunfire Cape while dead :O

Ward costs reduced yup , 75 Gold ! And , 3 hits to destroy it ! Which means , you can't destroy it in solo ^^

Well , imo , i think Exhaust is nerfed cuz it doesn't blind anymore , you still can do some damage with it.. Trynd & Yi will be glad...

Jungler have to change their jungle route for Dragon now.

So for Caitlyn , I was expecting more range. Seems like she can only put 2 traps.
Her net skill is useful , -slow or escape- , remind me Trynd Spinning slash -Damage or escape- with Mocking -Damage , slow , AA , or escape-
They said her ulti has huge range but didn't saw it in the video...
Old 2011-01-04, 18:03   Link #379
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Caitlyn looks like fun, not super easy to play which is good.
Though I am sure many people will try her out and many of course will fail using her.
I'll buy her when I have enough IP, I just bought Lux.
I finally finished my caster rune page so now I can buy heroes again from IP

I only fear that there will be a lot of team rage, people raging about kill steals and such as her skills are quite set to be final shots.

I had a match yesterday, 2nd as Lux with pretty much a prick shouting kill steal at anything. I do my ult laser beam on a group with some in between that are near death, they die and people say kill steal. Even when I was the first to attack that target do they shout kill steal :/
When people said something about it he continued raging in german, thinking people wouldn't understand him. Too bad we did, I hope he got banned.

I was able to properly jungle for once, jungling Lux is a lot fo fun. Well it isn'y really jungle but harrassing from the forrest, a slightly lessened hp'ed caster stands by the turrent and suddenly root, laser and he's dead.

Lately a lot of matches are messed up, I had one with 5 leavers 3 of our team and 2 of the other. Also matches that were about to start and one guy says: guys I have to go afk. Then he starts begging 15 minutes later to not get reported.

The rules about leaving have spicked in the last weeks, however people find ways around it by just staying int he program and just not doing anything, though report function makes up for it. A lot of messages in the tech are about people who got banned and are crying cause they spend so much money on champs. Heck read that even a 6 year old was playing and got banned, I laughed at some of them people begging to get unbanned cause the ba was supposed to be lifted days ago and they were unable to play while the admin checks and sees that they had been playing in the last 2 days and had left 3 matches again in 1 day XD so sad ha ha ha
Or another about users needing to take steps to improve their connectivity themselves instead of blamming it on Riot, buying a better pc or internet I mean. One guy said they didn't have money for it because he had a life but now he couldn't play after spending so much money on champions etc. Seriously XD having a life =/= spending all your money on champs

But lately I've only had people that raged against their or other team that and leavers. So many leavers!
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 18:27   Link #380
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Caitlyn is very useful by the looks of that video for basically team fights based on the traps. Wonder how much traps you can put in total.

Tags
league of legends, lol