AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-24, 23:33   Link #541
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

well they are mafia. of course they wear similar cloth

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 12:03   Link #542
Iron Maw
Banned

New Dengeki article and screenshots, translation and summary courtesy of raven777 from NeoGAF.
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/661/661227/

Better quality screens
http://imgur.com/a/sw5bv#0

Quote:
some of the things from that dengeki. could be old info

-they mention how XV will just conclude one story, and keeps talking about sequel of XV possbility.
-the actually mention car and world map. Nomura says how when they were developing for PS3, when you speed up the car during the world map, it gave them trouble.
-mentions about co-op and smartphone/tablet support possibilities.
-Nomura wants to make all the scenes which you don't control the character in pre-render CG, but he knows thats not possible. So they are having visual works(the CG team) make the basis for cutscenes and makes that scene in real-time. Its like how they made Agni's Philosophy.
-the scenes we saw at E3 are using the current rendering engine, but they will shift to Luminous studio.
-they are using lens flare for lock-on.
-the summon stuff I talked about earlier
-the theme for the game is "bond"(Kizuna). The main story is serious, but there will be a lot of humor/comedy in the game.
-next info likely in TGS.
Cor and other stuff
Quote:
by the way, Cor Leonis uses Katana in the battle, and he is 42 years old.

also there are 4 kingdoms in the game, the ones that were mentioned int he trailer.

the Venice looking city is Accordo and you travel there after Lucis(where you start)
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 21:16   Link #543
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/25...es-directx-11/
New details about gameplay
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 23:05   Link #544
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

http://gematsu.com/2013/06/final-fan...erview-summary
A lot of info revealed. Red haired dude is voiced by Reno and Axel. The story will be easy to understand. Two female characters confirm to join the party: A female knight and STEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAA!!
Old 2013-06-27, 23:33   Link #545
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
http://gematsu.com/2013/06/final-fan...erview-summary
A lot of info revealed. Red haired dude is voiced by Reno and Axel. The story will be easy to understand. Two female characters confirm to join the party: A female knight and STEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAA!!
Well that at least tackles a hilarious debate that's been going on about an all-guy party .

Kind of glad to hear about the fact that they didn't decide to make the towns smaller and there being large explorable areas.

Do hope this continuing saga thing all works out. I don't mind sequels long as each individual game is solid on its own.
Old 2013-06-28, 00:14   Link #546
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

The text only says that both of them are going to be main character though, so there's still a chance that they won't be a party member ;(

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 07:07   Link #547
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

FF7 Sephiroth was a main character, was never a party member (SHUT UP HE WASNT, THAT doesnt count!)
Old 2013-06-28, 09:34   Link #548
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Two female characters confirm to join the party: A female knight and STEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAA!!
Are you sure? They said they'll part of the main plot, but they didn't mention they'll be permanently playable.
Old 2013-06-28, 10:13   Link #549
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well, at least it's a brighter light at the end of the tunnel. While not confirmed Stella is playable, the hope is stronger than it was before. XD

Quote:
(What is a ‘Final Fantasy game?’) In terms of the battle system, Final Fantasy means using a party of characters to fight based on numeric point values.
I totally agree, and that's why I'll be boycotting Lightning Returns.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 12:20   Link #550
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I totally agree, and that's why I'll be boycotting Lightning Returns.
Well, I guess we know why the "Lightning Returns" text is in a larger font size than the Final fantasy XIII label

Though in its defense the original FF13 wasn't much better since your party members were all AI controlled. At least they improved the combat system.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 17:26   Link #551
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

From http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/28...As2fzP5I442.99
Quote:
Finally, Famitsu points out that there appears to be an overwhelming amount of male characters. Nomura jokingly responds, “At the end of the trailer in the part with the aligned faces, there’s one new female character… Okay, it’s full of guys (laughs).
Old 2013-07-07, 16:44   Link #552
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

http://gematsu.com/2013/07/nomura-ta...-at-japan-expo

Oh boy, Nomura is not sure about the cast. I hope they change the Game Over option they had in mind.
Old 2013-07-07, 18:55   Link #553
Iron Maw
Banned

Guess this shouldn't be really surprising:

Final Fantasy XV Won E3 According To Japanese Gamers, Followed By MGS5 & KH3
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 22:47   Link #554
Shadow5YA

Quote:

Oh boy, Nomura is not sure about the cast. I hope they change the Game Over option they had in mind.
The most interesting part I noticed was actually something else:

Quote:
“That’s really easier because previously when I created the character [costumes], all of the CG team and all of our entire development team always asked me ‘Is this leather? Is this coton? Is this nylon? How many percentage? Dadadada.’ That’s a lot of detailed questions, so it’s always difficult to precise what kind of texture are the clothes made off and stuff like that, so that’s why this time we had the actual clothes made and then we take it from there and put it in the game.”
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble understanding Nomura's fashion sense for his characters
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 23:00   Link #555
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble understanding Nomura's fashion sense for his characters
It's not the fashion sense problem, though. If you work in this field, you will know that you need as many details as possible to do the right animation for CG, while designer just thought that they choose this kind of material or texture for the outfit, but usually they don't go into detail that how and what they are made of.
Old 2013-07-08, 00:34   Link #556
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:

Yeah, generally when I hear that it'd be quite difficult to have a female playable that's pretty much putting the stake in that idea. Though I suspect it was never a plan and now with all the questions about it they are at least trying to figure out if that's doable. That or maybe it's all related to a plot twist at some point in the story so stating whether or not there is a playable female character would take away from that.

Certainly wouldn't be the first RPG that gave you a game over when the main character died in battle. Though to be fair I don't think that's been a very Final Fantasy thing to have happen.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2013-07-08 at 01:11.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 08:37   Link #557
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
That or maybe it's all related to a plot twist at some point in the story so stating whether or not there is a playable female character would take away from that.
It's a trap!?
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 10:24   Link #558
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, generally when I hear that it'd be quite difficult to have a female playable that's pretty much putting the stake in that idea. Though I suspect it was never a plan and now with all the questions about it they are at least trying to figure out if that's doable. That or maybe it's all related to a plot twist at some point in the story so stating whether or not there is a playable female character would take away from that.
Or if you want something more gut-wrenching, she is playable for the first few hours with fun, game-breaking abilities that's on par or surpasses Noctis', but then she betrays you and leaves your party for most of the game. Worse if she's a recurring boss battle from here on out.
Old 2013-07-08, 11:07   Link #559
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I am going to laugh SO hard when she ends up being playable and she is one of the worse characters in FF.
Old 2013-07-08, 11:54   Link #560
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I am going to laugh SO hard when she ends up being playable and she is one of the worse characters in FF.
Stella?
You're already making a judgment to a character of a game that's yet to be released.
what's your basis?

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote