AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2011-10-12, 01:05   Link #5661
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I shall now proceed to repeat my reaction eons ago:

Haquaaaaaa. + loose hair!
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 02:40   Link #5662
MagicaLideaL
Madder Sky~
*Graphic Designer

Too many conversations regarding the hell which made this chapter quite boring. The savior of this chapter is Haqua du Lot Herminium! The school event is finally starting at the next chapter!
MagicaLideaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 10:52   Link #5663
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
I am still hoping we will get to see Elsie's older sister at some point.
I would not be surprised if she was the final boss Keima has to encounter... Maybe her older sister is the leader of vintage.
Old 2011-10-12, 11:00   Link #5664
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
I would not be surprised if she was the final boss Keima has to encounter... Maybe her older sister is the leader of vintage.
Agreed ... I have thought the same thing might be the case.
Old 2011-10-12, 11:33   Link #5665
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
It looks like Haqua is some kind of "chosen one", being the only hornless devil to have ever received the "Scythe of Testament" and a devil with the ability to shape the future. Way to surpass Elsie in importance to the series Haqua.
It was already a known fact that Haqua is an extremely hard working devil. Perhaps all this did was raise the importance of the scythe she received on graduating. Despite how it may look, I would not say that Haqua is replacing Elsie because they have different roles. They are like two sides of a coin but both equally important. Not to mention there are many things still shrouded in mystery about the devils. Elsie is clumsy but a loveable sidekick who has the potential to be more as hinted by Wakaki she seems like a trump card waiting to be released because not much is known about her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Indeed, Elsie's too clumsy and air-headed to lead New Hell. I just found it amusing that Elsie has been the deuteragonist for the series so far and with this chapter, Haqua has been revealed to have larger significance than her plot-wise. It's almost like Wakaki is slowly replacing her.
Elsie by her character has never been much of a leader but is a great at following but that should not make one person better than another. So you can't compare who is more likely to have a larger significance plot-wise or to new hell. Despite popular belief, Elsie has many fans just like Haqua and replacing Elsie would not be good publicity.

We can't be so sure that Elsie does not have a significant role in the larger scheme of things. Exactly as Dokuro says at the start for them to put a janitor (Elsie) in the runaway squad, hell must be going mad. Hence we can assume that she has a part of in the greater scheme of things. Namely her having a sister who is supposedly high ranked in New hell. Also one of her most insignificant trait is that she is able to convinced Keima to do a few number of things, knowingly and unknowingly. Making him accept her as his sister. Even making Keima concerned about her well being is great by his standards; He brought her on a date by his own accord.

I'd say while she may seem clumsy and a little dimwitted, her personality makes it easy for her to change people... like Haqua's 'capture' or even Keima, even if its only a little . I'd say Wakaki has big plans for Elsie but heh this is all my assumptions.
Old 2011-10-12, 11:52   Link #5666
Shadow5YA

I think Haqua was only "chosen" because she is the only one brave enough to do it. Elsie has no desire to lead New Hell, and the rest of the devils are either in Vintage or like Shari who are well aware that what Vintage is doing is wrong but don't want to do anything about it because they want to save their own hides. Haqua is the only one capable of becoming a figurehead in the future.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 15:20   Link #5667
moridin84
Custom User Title

Elsie is more popular then Haqua right? There's no way she can be replaced, I mean the fact that the manga needs to have periodic .5 chapters just for Elsie shows how popular she is.

Thinking Haqua as a 'chosen one' is a bit much, people are reading too much into what the Chief is saying. If Elsie was the one captured and rescued then Elsie would have gotten a similar speech... well the content would have to be a lot different to be sure.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 15:29   Link #5668
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
@Silver: It'll probably be like Negima... a mix of everything: a parody of a gaming sim with crossdressing shounen elements of yaoi yuri and straight romance
Old 2011-10-13, 02:47   Link #5669
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
I am still hoping we will get to see Elsie's older sister at some point.
Quote:
Honestly at this point the only two possibilities I see being Akari / Rimyuel or Vintage Leader for Elsie's sister. I still think Rimyuel though because the whole fact that Elsie was kept from seeing the "capture target" for that arc is suspicious.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 03:16   Link #5670
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

AW NU BRU.

Shit's gonna go down.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 05:27   Link #5671
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Does Akari have horns though?
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 08:31   Link #5672
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Does Akari have horns though?
I think she is an angel, not a devil.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 11:34   Link #5673
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Isn't she from Hell?
Old 2011-10-13, 11:38   Link #5674
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Isn't she from Hell?
Nope - iirc she is an inhabitant of heaven and the teacher (whose name I do not remember atm) is "borrowing" her power to be able to "easily" capture high level weiss.

Keima's teacher seems to be on the same side as New Hell's "spirit squad" ... although I don't remember atm if she ever said she was "officially assigned". My assumption was that she was also a devil.
Old 2011-10-13, 12:29   Link #5675
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^ Ah. Guess I got it mixed up.
Old 2011-10-13, 15:19   Link #5676
blade82

Quote:
that'll be impossible because the members are all horn's devil no
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 20:37   Link #5677
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Looks like teh sheet is about to go down. War's a comin' ya hear!
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 23:01   Link #5678
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Honestly I'm expeciting Haqua to turn out to be Elsie's sister. They do look alike, aside from the hair color.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 00:33   Link #5679
Aesthetic Shampoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Nope - iirc she is an inhabitant of heaven and the teacher (whose name I do not remember atm) is "borrowing" her power to be able to "easily" capture high level weiss.

Keima's teacher seems to be on the same side as New Hell's "spirit squad" ... although I don't remember atm if she ever said she was "officially assigned". My assumption was that she was also a devil.
I thought the teacher was in something like Keima's position (with the choker and all) but a lot more badass about it, and akari was the devil lending her the power
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 00:36   Link #5680
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

If Miyako is Mercury she is automatically mine. Unless she is a fujoshi.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen