Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-30, 14:01   Link #81
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
But, most probably, he won't capture them either even though they are pirates (who started a war against the world government) and he is a marine officer.
Like I said before. It's not entirely believable that Garp would let them go after what they've done in EL. So my guess is that Garp lets Luffy go and uses him to get to Dragon.
Old 2006-10-30, 14:36   Link #82
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle View Post
Like I said before. It's not entirely believable that Garp would let them go after what they've done in EL. So my guess is that Garp lets Luffy go and uses him to get to Dragon.
My post was related to Garp helping the strawhats or not, since he will most probably let them go, it is also possible that he might help them in some way.

But, I also believe like you do; Garp should have something important in mind that will allow him to let them go, and such motives need to be clearly understood by the higher-ups and supported, especially when his help/ignorance will be observed by the marines, inside his crew, there.
Old 2006-10-30, 16:52   Link #83
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
actually i don't think garp came to capture them in the first place, didn't coby said he was training near by and wanted to see them, so garp came as well to see his grandchild.

also i think garp have a way to meet with dragon or dragon come to see him from time to time .. but he don't know where his main land (the Revolutionaries HQ is)... well the only thing garp will do after he told luffy about him, is to tell not warn luffy not to his father way or help him ...

also garp could say that he didn't have enough power to capture them so he will gather information that will help determine their new bounties and then will leave water 7 giving them a chance to run away (they still don't have a ship)
Old 2006-10-30, 19:10   Link #84
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
also i think garp have a way to meet with dragon or dragon come to see him from time to time .. but he don't know where his main land (the Revolutionaries HQ is)... well the only thing garp will do after he told luffy about him, is to tell not warn luffy not to his father way or help him ...
The last bit is utterly incomprehensable. Please rephrase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
actually i don't think garp came to capture them in the first place, didn't coby said he was training near by and wanted to see them, so garp came as well to see his grandchild.

also garp could say that he didn't have enough power to capture them so he will gather information that will help determine their new bounties and then will leave water 7 giving them a chance to run away (they still don't have a ship)
Hmm. I don't know. A vice admiral of the WG leisurely visiting his grandson & crew after the they completely trashed an institute and the top assassination squad of the WG? Because Coby said so? Hardly, A person of Garp's rank should have a damn good reason to come by and tell important information out of the blue.

Remember that even though Garp is probably not going to harm Luffy now, he's not very content with Luffy's choice of career. Aside from that he has to stay true to his vows as a marine. The man has plans. No doubt.
Old 2006-10-30, 19:28   Link #85
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle View Post
The last bit is utterly incomprehensable. Please rephrase.
got to it before I did
Old 2006-10-30, 19:57   Link #86
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
sorry.. i was half a wake when i wrote it ..
here is a rephrase:

Garp and Dragon meet from time to time, i think dragon is the one who contact garp thought and not the way around ... so when garp heard from Dragon that the later meet luffy. he wanted to be sure what luffy is planning to do specially since he just attack EL and Declared a war at the world, luffy actions could be referred as a Revolution against the WG so the first reason is to check if luffy going to be Revolutionary like his father or join him ... if so then Garp is going to warn luffy to not join his father.

My sentence was meant to written like this:
is to warn luffy not to go the same way as his father or help him ...

since garp said that and many marines heard it, it could be problem for him but if so he wouldn't said that .. anyway he is not afraid from the WG because:
1- He is a marine Hero so they maybe warn him but they won't do anything to him.
2- Most of his crew loyal to him so they will do anything he say and won't tell about him..
3- he have a favor from each Admiral
4- He don't have to catch luffy since he didn't receive orders to do that like what Ao kiji did before.
Old 2006-10-31, 03:56   Link #87
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
Garp and Dragon meet from time to time, i think dragon is the one who contact garp thought and not the way around ... so when garp heard from Dragon that the later meet luffy. he wanted to be sure what luffy is planning to do specially since he just attack EL and Declared a war at the world, luffy actions could be referred as a Revolution against the WG so the first reason is to check if luffy going to be Revolutionary like his father or join him ... if so then Garp is going to warn luffy to not join his father.
That doesn't sound incredibly farfetched. In fact, i'm liking it.
Old 2006-10-31, 05:12   Link #88
chitgoks

airsblue: i believe #4 is believable.. they have honor they're not dirty
Old 2006-10-31, 22:38   Link #89
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu View Post
Hippo? His name is Helmeppo. XD

I don't think Garp will train the strawhats. They're pirates.

oops oh well heppo as an abbreviation =)

the way i look at it, they have probably reached the limits of training by themselves, to get strong fast-and they would need to because they are going to take on the other VAs and super pirates probably soon- they would most probably need some help in training and techniques.

and garp + his right hand man seem to be the best people so far to impart that knowledge to them.
Old 2006-11-01, 04:45   Link #90
matsuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
oops oh well heppo as an abbreviation =)

the way i look at it, they have probably reached the limits of training by themselves, to get strong fast-and they would need to because they are going to take on the other VAs and super pirates probably soon- they would most probably need some help in training and techniques.

and garp + his right hand man seem to be the best people so far to impart that knowledge to them.
That would go against the flow of the series. Hell if there were meant to be a training arc, I do believe that the series would of started with one, or we would of had one with Zoro to overcome his defeat by Mihawk.

Add to this that othr than a choise few encounters, the straw hats have always rizen to meet the challenge head on, so we could say that they are destined o just continually power up till they have no equal, or meet with those who totally dominate them, and make them lose their reason to be pirates overall.
Old 2006-11-01, 05:26   Link #91
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

There are no training arcs in One Piece. And thank god for that.
Old 2006-11-01, 05:56   Link #92
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Heh, the spoiler turned out to be wrong, ah well.

Last edited by Illuyankas; 2006-11-01 at 13:44. Reason: WRONG!!!
Old 2006-11-01, 06:36   Link #93
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Hmm no big surprises there. Should be a nice chapter.
Old 2006-11-01, 06:44   Link #94
matsuno

Well like always, there are a few "spoiler scripts" out so far, but from the images I seen, that was an apt description, though l ets maintain this thread about 432, and when we have a completed chapter, well talk about 433.

Hell well even give it its own thread.
Old 2006-11-01, 07:35   Link #95
Climhazard
Funk Freed

It's all coming out lately huh, im glad i started to read the manga aswell as watching the anime now
Old 2006-11-01, 22:33   Link #96
Tsukishirou

WTF!!!!111 Just read this Ch. The only thing I can say right now is: "O_O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*Jaw drop*"
Old 2006-11-01, 23:07   Link #97
S_C_L-1

looks like we got another pink flower
Closed Thread