AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-02, 18:31   Link #1
frodog

converting my wife

I need help finding anime 4 my wife. She thinks i watch to much anime, but thats not true. If she would watch them with me, we could go 2 anime rehab together! She seen Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl) on IFC and loved it & has yet to find more like it. So i need help before she goes back 2 the other side.
Old 2009-01-02, 18:37   Link #2
CrimsonWater
Animeholic/Techie

maybe try one of the suggestions here http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/jigoku-shoujo
Old 2009-01-02, 19:00   Link #3
Echoes

Shigofumi might be something she'd enjoy, it's similar in many respects.

You should also consider the possibility that you are indeed watching too much anime, and perhaps try to show more interest in her hobbies as well.
Old 2009-01-02, 19:07   Link #4
servidor

If you and your wife like romantic stories, you may want to see "Emma a Victorian Romance". And the price for both seasons is a bargain.
Old 2009-01-02, 19:48   Link #5
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Send a message via MSN to ddwkc
Quote:
Originally Posted by servidor View Post
If you and your wife like romantic stories, you may want to see "Emma a Victorian Romance". And the price for both seasons is a bargain.
I second that. It worked wonderfully with my ex-girlfriend.
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
Old 2009-01-02, 19:57   Link #6
frodog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post

You should also consider the possibility that you are indeed watching too much anime, and perhaps try to show more interest in her hobbies as well.
looks good. We do play the ps3 & wii together, but anime could be one more thing we could do together.
thanks frodog.
Old 2009-01-02, 19:59   Link #7
frodog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonWater View Post
maybe try one of the suggestions here http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/jigoku-shoujo
Found a lot of good suggestions.
thank frodog.
Old 2009-01-02, 20:00   Link #8
frodog

Quote:
Originally Posted by servidor View Post
Lookin 4 it now.
thanks frodog.
Old 2009-01-02, 20:29   Link #9
frodog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post

She also loved the game on the ps2 Fatal Frame, any anime suggestions along that line.
thanks frodog.
Old 2009-01-03, 01:11   Link #10
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

What's her taste ?
If we would know what she like ( Tv, movei book, etc...), we could give better suggestion.
Old 2009-01-03, 08:48   Link #11
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

You should browse this earlier thread here as well: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=62489

Unless you're both allergic to classical music, I'd suggest Nodame Cantabile.
Old 2009-01-03, 10:07   Link #12
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodog View Post
She also loved the game on the ps2 Fatal Frame, any anime suggestions along that line.
thanks frodog.
That is a great game, I wish they'd actually make an anime loosely based on it.

You might have some luck with Ghost Hunt, it does have some pretty creepy arcs, though it's not creepy all the time.
Old 2009-01-03, 13:32   Link #13
f4nt4

wow, seems like your wife loves ghost theme.
i'll second ghost hunt then.
you might as well try these:
Ayakashi
Ghost Hound
Old 2009-01-05, 09:29   Link #14
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Mouryou no Hako, which is just a weird series to begin with (blinking heads on boxes o.o
also use edit button instead of replying 3-4 times
Old 2009-01-05, 21:03   Link #15
Shadow Kira01

Somewhat funny, but.. It depends on the age of your wife as to what anime to suggest, but the following animes should be good to audiences under 40:

Blood+: This one takes place in Okinawa and goes all the way back to Europe, more specifically France and it is all about vampires and chiropterans.

Crystal Blaze: This one supposedly is pretty good, if they remove the surgeon and the nurse, who are supporters of the main characters that provide medical supplies and aid. On the other hand, if you remove the two, the main characters will be in serious trouble considering how dangerous their line of work is. The main characters consist of a gunman, a kid who does backup, a girl who plans to become a journalist but is still in high school and her friend who is slightly braver in risky situations. They also met and rescued another girl who is slightly older and has supernatural abilities. Generally, the four of them have to protect the supernatural girl from underworld villians and scientists. Not sure if your wife would like this though, but it is somewhat quite interesting..

Death Note: Some guy takes on vicious criminals in the name of God (also known as the Devil or Death). Generally, he kills criminals who commited violent acts from murder to kidnap live by the common methods of heart paralysis. As the story progresses, a second male lead rises to eliminate him in the name of justice, claiming that the first male lead had no right to execute people without a trial.

Ghost Hunt: To some degree, this one isn't very suitable to the older audiences because the horror scenes aren't intense, but still... The two of you may like it.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: Although, this one may seem like those love comedies but it is actually focused on strange incidents with relations to murders commited by teenage psychopaths.

Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori: This is the second season of the anime you watched.

Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae: This is the third season of the anime you watched.

Mushishi: This one takes place in ancient Japan (not that ancient) and it is mainly about a strange type of doctor who cures uncurable diseases caused by impurities in the form of insects.]

Real Drive: This one is well-liked by the sci-fi circle, but not everybody will agree with that. The thing is that this is one of the rare ones that don't feature mechas and it's more like "slice of life" drama with sci-fi elements.

Shigofumi: It is generally considered a "slice of life" that focuses on tragedies with regards to high school kids.

Tokko: Once again, Tokyo's MPD takes on supernatural cases. Unlike Yakushiji Ryoko, this anime features a male protagonist and a few female sword users who fight infected humans along with aliens for the reason of survival. However, your wife might not like it though.

xxxHOLiC: This one's mood is similar to Jigoku Shoujo along with the animation. Since I am 2 seasons behind, not counting the movie and the new ova, I am unsure whether it is good or not. If you have time, it is obviously good.

Yakushiji Ryoko no Kaiki Jikenbo: A female MPD takes on the supernatural cases of Tokyo with a single male subordinate, 2 French-speaking maids, and a handgun. Her enemies range from robots to giant genetically-modified snakes to space aliens to human clones..

----

All of these animes are rated M, though it can pass for Cero B or C depends on the anime. However, that doesn't mean that everybody would watch it. More over, usually.. When people don't watch animes, chances are their resolve cannot be altered. Either way, you yourself may find these animes to be pretty good.
Closed Thread

Tags
wife