AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-10, 18:12   Link #1041
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

No actually, they didn't bother at all. That's not a twist because it is in Battler and Kyrie's bios on the character section of the site.
They explained in Battler's bios that his mother, Asumu, died, while In kyrie's, they also explain that Battler consider her like a big sister.

They just completely skipped this part. It isn't considered as a spoiler even if the information isn't disclosed yet in the anime series.
Old 2009-07-10, 18:29   Link #1042
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Well to be honest, I'm not sure how many animeviewer used to read the character bios, but I do understand your valid points too.
It puzzles me why they didn't spent that 20-30 sec to explain just what's going on (I would have appreciated that more than Battler's breast fetish for example), especially if they even detail it on the website.
In any case, I personally kinda feel/felt bad for telling something to a "casual" viewer, which he/she could find it out for himself/herself on the official site, even if it's technically not spoiler.

Edit: Something worthwhile to check out by the way:
Satirical comparison between anime Umi episode1 and the game. Some of those are quite funny to be honest .

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-07-10 at 19:06.
Old 2009-07-10, 19:02   Link #1043
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Prehaps they felt it wasn't needed yet. They might mention it later when they need it for something, but otherwise it isn't useful plotwise. If Battler is to be the focus they need to give out stuff about him, but his relationship with his parents isn't quite critical at this point because they die so quickly. However his breast fetish will likely come up again, so one needs to settle that he's into that sort of thing.

Now perhaps they'll mention Battler's relationship and such as they go over the murders next time, or maybe they will wait until Episode Two do handle that, just to give them something to feed the viewers. Or maybe it just won't come up until Ange come up in story? Or at all.
Old 2009-07-10, 19:18   Link #1044
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Okay, I'm gonna ask this question here, because the character bios were mentioned just 2 posts ago.
Now that the official site has a character diagram with everybodies position in the family, their backgrounds as we have been told them in the beginning of Episode 1 and some connections between them.

The question is, shall the stuff, that is posted there be considered 'officially mentioned' when talking to first time viewers?
Or is intermediality largely ignored by the people in charge around here?
Just asking the question, because many things that would be considered spoilerific by people who can't read Japanese aren't really that much a spoiler because of the already mentioned character profiles.
Old 2009-07-10, 19:20   Link #1045
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Satirical comparison between anime Umi episode1 and the game. Some of those are quite funny to be honest .
I just noticed you snuck this into your post, it's seriously awesome
Old 2009-07-10, 19:23   Link #1046
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Prehaps they felt it wasn't needed yet. They might mention it later when they need it for something, but otherwise it isn't useful plotwise. If Battler is to be the focus they need to give out stuff about him, but his relationship with his parents isn't quite critical at this point because they die so quickly. However his breast fetish will likely come up again, so one needs to settle that he's into that sort of thing.

Now perhaps they'll mention Battler's relationship and such as they go over the murders next time, or maybe they will wait until Episode Two do handle that, just to give them something to feed the viewers. Or maybe it just won't come up until Ange come up in story? Or at all.
Battler's relationship with Kyrie plays a part in the third game, and Battler's immediate family situation in general is a setup for the big reveal in the fourth. They have to establish the situation with Asumu and Kyrie before the fourth game, otherwise the reveal would lose pretty much all its impact.
Old 2009-07-10, 19:28   Link #1047
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelii View Post
I just noticed you snuck this into your post, it's seriously awesome
Make sure not to miss the second part about episode1 though, as it's kinda small there on the bottom.
Old 2009-07-10, 19:33   Link #1048
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagare View Post
Sorry, not fully understanding. Transliterate?
Do you just want the romaji? Hankou no yokokujyou yomiage
Translates to: Reading out loud the Advance Notice Letter of the Crime
Yeah I meant that, thank you. ^^

Old 2009-07-10, 19:39   Link #1049
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Make sure not to miss the second part about episode1 though, as it's kinda small there on the bottom.
Oh, there's no way I'd miss it! I really hope episode I-II get's this treatment
Old 2009-07-10, 19:48   Link #1050
luckyssol

Quote:
That was great I hope he does ep2
Old 2009-07-10, 20:10   Link #1051
Teapot

Send a message via MSN to Teapot
http://uminekolol.livejournal.com/tag/1-1

This was actually pretty funny and sorta true
Old 2009-07-10, 20:41   Link #1052
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I laughed until the end. Good reference of the drama cd omake. Hope you continue to make this in future episodes.
Old 2009-07-10, 20:42   Link #1053
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

OK, I am thoroughly confused. I was following along in the speculation thread for new people when someone said that all the victims of the 1st twilight were in the manion at midnight..

...but hang on, that doesn't sound right:

But before you jump into that thread: The subs for episode 2 I have state that Gohda has the nightshift in the mansion...
..which contradicts the game.

Is it a mistranslation on the part of the subs? Or was something changed in the anime?
Old 2009-07-10, 20:55   Link #1054
Saerianne
*cackle*

He may have not been in the mansion, even if he got the nightshift there. Could have bludged or something.
Old 2009-07-10, 21:06   Link #1055
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

No, both in the anime and game, it's stated that Gohda was asked to have the night shift of the mansion. And no it isn't a mistranlation of the tips, it clearly states the guest house.

However, the little comment implies it is a "pity" because gohda was "originally" scheduled to have the night shift at the guest house, but Krauss changed everything and made all servants except Gohda to be at the guest house, while Gohda is the only one at the mansion.
Therefore, the comment implies that "if" Gohda had the night shift at the guest house instead, as originally planned, he wouldn't have died (not at the first twilight, that is).
Old 2009-07-10, 21:29   Link #1056
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

AAAAAaaaaaaahhhhhhh, I misunderstood the grammar in the TIP. Glad that's been straightened up.
Old 2009-07-11, 01:00   Link #1057
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
I laughed until the end. Good reference of the drama cd omake. Hope you continue to make this in future episodes.
To avoid confusion : I'm not the one writing the blog (the difference between my english and his is probably also noticeable). I just found the link on a different forum I used to lurk, but I've thought some of us here would it funny too.
Old 2009-07-11, 01:12   Link #1058
Alaya
Counter Force

Actually you can find a link from his signatures in this forum too. Anyway, it's really a good satire. I laughed really hard.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Old 2009-07-11, 02:40   Link #1059
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Quote:
To avoid confusion : I'm not the one writing the blog (the difference between my english and his is probably also noticeable). I just found the link on a different forum I used to lurk, but I've thought some of us here would it funny too.
Oh, sorry for the mixup. Still, it was a good laugh. I hope Kinzo finds the missing portrait soon enough.
Old 2009-07-11, 02:48   Link #1060
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Lots of stuff going on in the speculations thread. A lot of the conjectures are impressively well thought-of and some are rather on the mark.
Closed Thread