Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-10-23, 11:59   Link #4921
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungreentakeo View Post
Why do you care? The biggest person trolling on Medaka right now is the actual mangaka. The deconstruction of the 'most perfect girl shounen hero' may very well be the whole point of the manga. Certainly, this has been a conflict that was hinted from the very first chapter of the manga.

I guess I just don't get into the characters of manga as much as other people, but I find it strange that people would invest so much personally into a character which is essentially a parody of a stereotype. She's supposed to be wrong in this case, and she is supposed to be untouchable... And both of those things are supposed to make people feel like they want her to 'be taken down a peg or two' and root for the underdog...
I was talking about all the Zen lovers out there, they're quite annoying, not to mention all the pointless Medaka hate out there. Certainly she has problems, some of her won design and some because of the attitude of others, but she's not nearly as horrible as what the Medaka haters are saying.

I care because I like Medaka's character, and pointless negativity and bashing are one of my pet peeves.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 12:12   Link #4922
lickere

Come on, let's calm down.

I'm not a Zen fan but i prefer him over medaka, But i don't want him to be God-like, I want him to beat Medaka, the question is: How?

I mean, Medaka would be ecstatic if someone Beat her so I don't see a clear change in her personality after fight Zen, and the reason I support Zen its because his reason are more human, he just want to be important for Medaka, at the End the if this continue the place of Zen won't change, he always would be the same, that's why I want him to suprise in a way or another Ajimu and Medaka, not beat them but at least make them really amazed by him.

Medaka lovers: take it easy, Nisio want to make Medaka less god-like, i think that the main theme in this serie.

Zenkichi lovers: you too take it easy, I don't want Zen change to be a superman, I just want him to troll everybody else.

in a note aside, Kumagawa is fucking amazing, I waiting his fight with munakata who is a great character too, how much better would be the series with protagonist like them... sigh
lickere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 12:17   Link #4923
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickere View Post
Come on, let's calm down.

I'm not a Zen fan but i prefer him over medaka, But i don't want him to be God-like, I want him to beat Medaka, the question is: How?

I mean, Medaka would be ecstatic if someone Beat her so I don't see a clear change in her personality after fight Zen, and the reason I support Zen its because his reason are more human, he just want to be important for Medaka, at the End the if this continue the place of Zen won't change, he always would be the same, that's why I want him to suprise in a way or another Ajimu and Medaka, not beat them but at least make them really amazed by him.

Medaka lovers: take it easy, Nisio want to make Medaka less god-like, i think that the main theme in this serie.

Zenkichi lovers: you too take it easy, I don't want Zen change to be a superman, I just want him to troll everybody else.

in a note aside, Kumagawa is fucking amazing, I waiting his fight with munakata who is a great character too, how much better would be the series with protagonist like them... sigh
No one want Zen to be godlike. At least Zen fan don't want him to be godlike. It's just those who hate him who think that's the case. The whole reason that Zen is my fav is because he is the most normal of all of them. And if I don't like Medaka is ecause she's a godess who is scary and don't value friendship.

Zen is the normal who will beat the godess but in the end, will still be a normal.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 12:34   Link #4924
Tenchi Hou Take

I love how people assume the current dislike of Medaka is purely and entirely because of Zen. For me that had like nothing to do with it, I just disliked how the author turned her into a boring Mary Sue that has been holding back almost every major arc in the manga. The problem is I originally liked Medaka quite a fair bit but my god almost every major fight with her is anti-climatic making much of the proceding arc kinda pointless and kills all of the accumulated hype.

Surely there was better way set up whatever Nisio plans for the endgame of the manga without damaging so many arcs. If she reverted back to how she was near the begining flask plan arc etc I'd start liking her again but at this point it seems impossible.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 12:38   Link #4925
sungreentakeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
I love how people assume the current dislike of Medaka is purely and entirely because of Zen. For me that had like nothing to do with it, I just disliked how the author turned her into a boring Mary Sue that has been holding back almost every major arc in the manga. The problem is I originally liked Medaka quite a fair bit but my god almost every major fight with her is anti-climatic making much of the proceding arc kinda pointless and kills all of the accumulated hype.

Surely there was better way set up whatever Nisio plans for the endgame of the manga without damaging so many arcs. If she reverted back to how she was near the begining flask plan arc etc I'd start liking her again but at this point it seems impossible.
Lol, Ajimu is literally like god (a quadrillion abilities), and Ajimu (god) openly admits that Medaka would win in a direct confrontation. How exactly is Zenkichi going to do anything here? The poor guy, he's been given an impossible task.
sungreentakeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 12:43   Link #4926
yuzen003

Personally I'm thinking why doesn't Medaka just copy parasite seeing? One of her main flaws is the inability to understand normal people, but the skill would artificially give her an understanding about how others think. If she had been willing to talk it out they may have come to that conclusion without their relationship degenerating into a battle, but instead she decides to smack Zen upside the head and beat him senseless.

I don't hate Medaka, but if you're saying she has not been guilty of horrible behavior in the last few chapters I think you're missing what the author is attempting to do.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 12:48   Link #4927
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuzen003 View Post
Personally I'm thinking why doesn't Medaka just copy parasite seeing? One of her main flaws is the inability to understand normal people, but the skill would artificially give her an understanding about how others think. If she had been willing to talk it out they may have come to that conclusion without their relationship degenerating into a battle, but instead she decides to smack Zen upside the head and beat him senseless.

I don't hate Medaka, but if you're saying she has not been guilty of horrible behavior in the last few chapters I think you're missing what the author is attempting to do.
Good point.
If I remember correctly she at least saw once Zen using parasite Eyes ...so why the hell her the end not learn that skill like with hiden weampon di Munakata ?
Even with Munakata she dont fight directly and yet she learned the technique and the same is true with Naze.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 12:55   Link #4928
sungreentakeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Good point.
If I remember correctly she at least saw once Zen using parasite Eyes ...so why the hell her the end not learn that skill like with hiden weampon di Munakata ?
Even with Munakata she dont fight directly and yet she learned the technique and the same is true with Naze.
I think she already has copied it... Well, basically I think she knows about it and the first time she would try it she would do it perfectly without practice.

I'm not quite sure it would change her any, since I don't think that learning bookmaker (the super weakening skill) and using it on herself made her understand the weak any better. She uses it as a battle skill. I guess she might use parasite seeing as battle skill, but I think any empathy effects would just bounce off her internal personality armor.
Old 2011-10-23, 12:55   Link #4929
Last Carpet

Quote:
Good point.
Probably because she learns to use an Abnormality when she experiences it.

Kei's "Killer Instinct" is his Abnormality, but she didn't learn it because it wasn't actually used against her. (Thank goodness) She did however learn his Hidden Weapons technique by watching him use it against Zen.

To learn "Parasite Seeing, Zen would have to use it against her in a fight.

Which makes me wonder, what would Medaka see in people if she learned how to use Zenkichi's Abnormality?
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 12:59   Link #4930
sungreentakeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
Probably because she learns to use an Abnormality when she experiences it.

Kei's "Killer Instinct" is his Abnormality, but she didn't learn it because it wasn't actually used against her. (Thank goodness) She did however learn his Hidden Weapons technique by watching him use it against Zen.

To learn "Parasite Seeing, Zen would have to use it against her in a fight.

Which makes me wonder, what would Medaka see in people if she learned how to use Zenkichi's Abnormality?
I think she would just see what other people see... Basically the definition of the skill. I think the empathy for Emukae that Zen had during his fight with her came from him, not the skill.. It's more like the skill allowed him to see what she could see, and then his own empathy took over from there.

Now that I think about it, she copied the mind reading skill. I think Naze said that might have been the reason why Zenkichi was able to overcome Medaka's brainwashing. I think that mind reading may be a little bit stronger than parasite seeing.. And well, being able to read people's minds didn't seem to make her more empathic.

Last edited by sungreentakeo; 2011-10-23 at 13:10.
Old 2011-10-23, 13:11   Link #4931
Last Carpet

Quote:
I think she would just see what other people see... Basically the definition of the skill. I think the empathy for Emukae that Zen had during his fight with her came from him, not the skill.. It's more like the skill allowed him to see what she could see, and then his own empathy took over from there.

Now that I think about it, she copied the mind reading skill. I think Naze said that might have been the reason why Zenkichi was able to overcome her brainwashing. I think that mind reading may be a little bit stronger than parasite seeing.. And well, being able to read people's minds didn't seem to make her more empathic.
Makes sense.

Having Zen's Abnormality probably wouldn't do much to Medaka other than give her a battle advantage.

If she learned Parasite Seeing, it probably wouldn't register. Just because she could see what other people see and experience their point of view. Doesn't mean she would take it into account over her own point of view and react accordingly.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 13:51   Link #4932
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:

Now that I think about it, she copied the mind reading skill. I think Naze said that might have been the reason why Zenkichi was able to overcome Medaka's brainwashing. I think that mind reading may be a little bit stronger than parasite seeing.. And well, being able to read people's minds didn't seem to make her more empathic.
Wait did she actually copy the mind reading skill? I don't remember that. Considering the most blaring weakness of that skill, is that the person feels of the pain of said person making battle pretty much impossible. And also Medaka typically doesn't actually "master" her abilities for the most part it simply entails her being able to switch them off and little else outside of bookmaker.

Quote:
Lol, Ajimu is literally like god (a quadrillion abilities), and Ajimu (god) openly admits that Medaka would win in a direct confrontation. How exactly is Zenkichi going to do anything here? The poor guy, he's been given an impossible task.
It's not really all that impossible hence the entire point of this arc. He is a main character and main characters have beaten other main characters before even when their darkside (which I'm not saying Zenkichi particularily is) e.g Sasuke did beat Naruto ofcourse he will most probably ultimately lose in the end to Naruto but that defeat did occur. There have also been instances where another main character has surpassed the "main" character, Yugi against Atem being a famous example and there's times when two main characters drew at the end.

Aijimu can't win for obvious reasons that have nothing to do with her abilities that she's perfectly aware of. She's the final villain and final villains NEVER win. Hence why regardless of how strong she is it's impossible.

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2011-10-23 at 14:03.
Old 2011-10-23, 14:09   Link #4933
Grey

Quote:
She's supposed to be wrong in this case
Wait. You think Medaka is supposed to be in the wrong here? I'd say there's no right in the first place. Zenkichi isn't trying to do anything right, he just wants to be by Medaka no matter what. So he opposes her. And Medaka wants to help Zenkichi grow in a sociopathic shounen way. By fighting him.

Zenkichi is selfish and says he's willing to do whatever. Medaka is a mix of selfish and selfless and is being a crazy shounen hero. In a twisted way, they're getting what they both want.

When I think about it...I wonder if Medaka even thought of not fighting Zenkichi. I bet she didn't even think it's bad that he challenged her or bad that they fought. It's a shounen cliche: growth through fighting. Understanding through fighting.

It's like Kumagawa and Medaka's big duel. Medaka loved fighting with him. (What is she, Goku?!)
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 14:44   Link #4934
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Wait. You think Medaka is supposed to be in the wrong here? I'd say there's no right in the first place. Zenkichi isn't trying to do anything right, he just wants to be by Medaka no matter what. So he opposes her. And Medaka wants to help Zenkichi grow in a sociopathic shounen way. By fighting him.

Zenkichi is selfish and says he's willing to do whatever. Medaka is a mix of selfish and selfless and is being a crazy shounen hero. In a twisted way, they're getting what they both want.

When I think about it...I wonder if Medaka even thought of not fighting Zenkichi. I bet she didn't even think it's bad that he challenged her or bad that they fought. It's a shounen cliche: growth through fighting. Understanding through fighting.

It's like Kumagawa and Medaka's big duel. Medaka loved fighting with him. (What is she, Goku?!)
I think your looking at this from the wrong angle here. Zenkicii joining Aijimu and Zenkichi believing Medaka as wrong are not the same thing. While there both doing this for "wrong" reasons here, this battle has brought about something that was always there, which was that Zenkichi's views and Medaka's views are fundamentally different. Zenkichi has always had problems with this crusade, he doesn't believe that what Medaka is doing there is quite right. This is something that is totally independent to him wanting to be with Medaka or Medaka wanting him to be an enemy.

It is also here were the lines can be drawn in regards to who is right and who is wrong, and the conclusion of the battle will most likely be closely inertwined with whose view point is "right" or whether there is even a "right" viewpoint in regards to the arguement.
Old 2011-10-23, 14:59   Link #4935
zeando
maybenotimome

i think the whole point of ajimu in making medaka and zen battle is to make medaka learn and use parasite eyes(even if she could transfer that ability directly herself)

each ability showed till now had some sort of personality drawback, i think parasite eyes has 2 stages of alteration
1. total empathy, becoming the nicest person (by adapting to others view)
2. cinism, becoming overly manipulative
ajimu now is already at 2(she was at 1 in middle school), and i think her plan is to bring medake to her same mindset, that way she will no longer oppose her

in medaka case learning that ability will nullify zenkichi's goal
since the problem medaka had before meeting zen was not being able to enjoy anything since she could complete it with no effort or with no risk of failing
while the goal zenkichi gave her, apart from giving a meaning and use to her ability, was also something even her could enjoy doing and wasn't completed by simply activing an ability
i think when medaka will learn parasite eyes(and will perfect it) she'll stop enjoying even helping people as a goal, and will revert to the mindset before meeting zenkichi
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 15:00   Link #4936
Lummie

I just regard this arc where:

A) Zen receives important character development (learning his lesson) and the power-up required to face Hanten in the end. Since he can't do it in the state he is now.
B) Kikaijima becomes an important factor that interferes with Ajimu's plans
C) Medaka fixes a bit her lack of communication regarding people's feelings
D) And the prelude to the real Ajimu Najimi arc where everyone learns to set their differences aside and unite to finally conclude who the real hindrance is, Anshin'nin.

Right now, if you look at this arc from this point of view, you'll honestly care less about who's right and who's wrong.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 15:01   Link #4937
Shadow5YA

It's pretty obvious that Medaka is playing the final boss role. Shonen protagonist loses in their first confrontation, then comes back stronger and wins.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 15:02   Link #4938
Cruor

Quote:
I think you have it backwards. If she was willing to treat anyone like shit because she wants to fight people I think we would have seen it already. Like when Medaka first met Akune.

She thinks the whole thing is interesting. Zenkichi is growing by challenging her. Growth is good, and Medaka likes people willing to oppose her.
No. She treated him like shit because he's the type that would try to become stronger because of it. And then he would be stronger and an enemy. Making a strong enemy for Medaka (in other words someone she cares more about then her friends).
Cruor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 15:18   Link #4939
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
i think the whole point of ajimu in making medaka and zen battle is to make medaka learn and use parasite eyes(even if she could transfer that ability directly herself)

each ability showed till now had some sort of personality drawback, i think parasite eyes has 2 stages of alteration
1. total empathy, becoming the nicest person (by adapting to others view)
2. cinism, becoming overly manipulative
ajimu now is already at 2(she was at 1 in middle school), and i think her plan is to bring medake to her same mindset, that way she will no longer oppose her

in medaka case learning that ability will nullify zenkichi's goal
since the problem medaka had before meeting zen was not being able to enjoy anything since she could complete it with no effort or with no risk of failing
while the goal zenkichi gave her, apart from giving a meaning and use to her ability, was also something even her could enjoy doing and wasn't completed by simply activing an ability
i think when medaka will learn parasite eyes(and will perfect it) she'll stop enjoying even helping people as a goal, and will revert to the mindset before meeting zenkichi
Wait, but if you're right dont the same truth also applies to Zen as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
I just regard this arc where:

A) Zen receives important character development (learning his lesson) and the power-up required to face Hanten in the end. Since he can't do it in the state he is now.
B) Kikaijima becomes an important factor that interferes with Ajimu's plans
C) Medaka fixes a bit her lack of communication regarding people's feelings
D) And the prelude to the real Ajimu Najimi arc where everyone learns to set their differences aside and unite to finally conclude who the real hindrance is, Anshin'nin.

Right now, if you look at this arc from this point of view, you'll honestly care less about who's right and who's wrong.
Is possible.
but I still think the true final boss is Haten.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 15:20   Link #4940
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Wait, but if you're right dont the same truth also applies to Zen as well?
probably, that's why i'm like relieved he decided to don't use it ..

just got a random speculation, what if having both "parasite eyes" and "the end" will allow medaka to directly learn any skill just by reading it from others mind? o_o that would be so hax :P hope it won't happen :3
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council