AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hyouka

Notices

Old 2012-03-15, 19:57   Link #181
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
I'm already tempted to import it given the first two chapters and this PV. So beautiful!

Edit: Since I'm starting a new page, here's the link to the PV.

Edit 2: NicoNico viewer link. Youtube link.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-03-15 at 20:31.
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 20:03   Link #182
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
http://www.kotenbu.com/special/120316pv.html

PV out!

Kyoani really going all out with this one in animation. Those eyes!
I hate to say this, but they kinda have to. The story is extremely mediocre (borderline boring, which is kinda impressive in a way because I can accept most "nichijou" mysteries), the characters are pretty dead in book form (especially compare to say KamiMemo and GOSICK etc.), though seeing this kinda of animation definitely makes me want to stick around for at least a few episodes.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 20:08   Link #183
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Images
Oh I'm digging that wide angle,nice work KyoAni!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Also that floating text make me want them to remake Umineko (and take the second part out of DEEN's hands).
That'd be pretty epic indeed.
Old 2012-03-15, 20:29   Link #184
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Floating Red Text of doom.

Though this PV actually makes me more curious about their other, probably zanier, project.

(Eru seems very animated..about stuff. Always jumping into frame.)
Old 2012-03-15, 20:35   Link #185
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Wow, the animation is really really nice.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 20:49   Link #186
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Man, they went nearly over-the-top with the zooming of the girls' eyes!
Old 2012-03-15, 21:03   Link #187
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I'll be honest, I got bored watching that PV. Is this all KyoAni has to offer? Wow.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 21:18   Link #188
rulfo

Well judging by the reactions from the ones who read(?) I'm quite curious why this won an award if it was that bad.

If that's the case then I'll be sticking around for the eye candy.

Anyway, that animation is just wow. It's like it'll put K-ON S2 to shame. Sits between that and disappearance.

Last edited by rulfo; 2012-03-15 at 21:30.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 21:30   Link #189
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I'll be honest, I got bored watching that PV. Is this all KyoAni has to offer? Wow.
Were you expecting something from them aside from the animation?

About the PV: I can't deny the animation was good, but I'm not an moe fan, so it better have nice mysteries, otherwhise it will get an instant drop from me.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 21:38   Link #190
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Same here, really, but I don't think that a wordless preview is really any measure as to a show's quality or that it's enough to give any indication as to what a show might offer... I've seen plenty of blandly-designed previews that don't do justice to the perfectly entertaining and enjoyable series they're advertising, and think uninteresting previews might be more the norm than exception. They should have made it more interesting, yeah, but a preview is still just a preview.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 22:54   Link #191
Misdreavius

Quote:
All they're doing is introducing the main characters, and showing what the anime will look like, so of course you'll feel bored especially if you don't understand Japanese. And since this is obviously not an action series, there's obviously no exciting action to be had in the PV, so what did you seriously expect them to show?

Anyway, yeah that animation looks amazing, especially Chitanda's eyes. I like purple eyes. Though I kind of wish they actually had them talking so I can visualize Tomoya and Sunohara in this anime.
Misdreavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 22:59   Link #192
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i did get that umineko thing, hell i still want them to remake higurashi and umineko from that rape deen did to them, in the same fashion they did with the key adaptations and their respective rapes from toei.

and the animation looks great, but people saying this is boring and flat characters, im kinda worried this is gonna turn like k-on.
Old 2012-03-15, 23:21   Link #193
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Were you expecting something from them aside from the animation?
What did I expect from the preview? Any indication, whatsoever, that this isn't the status quo from KyoAni. Something that indicates to me that they're willing to do something other than typical school setting bull crap. You'd think PV's were meant to try to clue in the viewer into a potentially interesting show, but all I got from it was moe moe mystery show. Well who knows about the mystery aspects since I hardly got an impression of that from the PV.

Just nothing impressive to look at yet. KyoAni aren't even the platinum standard for animation even more, so there is practically nothing for me to chew at yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
They should have made it more interesting, yeah, but a preview is still just a preview.
Indeed, I'll give it a watch. But lets say I'm just not expecting much .
Old 2012-03-15, 23:53   Link #194
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
What did I expect from the preview? Any indication, whatsoever, that this isn't the status quo from KyoAni. Something that indicates to me that they're willing to do something other than typical school setting bull crap.
But why expect that when the novel synopsis and the first visual stills they released before the PV already pretty much told you that wasn't happening and you were getting your usual KyoAni school setting?

I could understand if you still hoped the preview would show something different but actualy expect it?
Old 2012-03-15, 23:57   Link #195
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

As I said, with this improvement on their K-On style on art and use of Nichijou's animation, I've very curious what they will do with their other project. The one that is suppose to be funny and somewhat Haruhi-like.
Old 2012-03-15, 23:59   Link #196
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
But why expect that when the novel synopsis and the first visual stills they released before the PV already pretty much told you that wasn't happening and you were getting your usual KyoAni school setting?

I could understand if you still hoped the preview would show something different but actualy expect it?
Expect yes at this point. They've been stuck doing the same thing for too long. I dock this studio points for such a flat effort.
Old 2012-03-16, 00:06   Link #197
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

One improves by doing what one knows better.

One day they will get a contract for something else. The question will be if they can hold on to their animation quality, or if it will slip because the project is outside their normal thing.

And the other side of it, if they even want to do something outside their thing, because each time they have they lose money on it (or at least don't get as much profit as intended).
Old 2012-03-16, 00:15   Link #198
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Holy crap, that must have been the most boring anime trailer. Kyoani, you can't just go on looks to cover up your second-ratedness anymore.

But whatever, character designs aren't bad and maybe they can do the moe thing which could make me happy.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 00:20   Link #199
leokiko

This is going to be nothing more than an slice-and-life with nichijou mysteryes. And one big mystery that's gonna get solved at the end. If the quality of these are good though, I'm on board.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 00:21   Link #200
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Just nothing impressive to look at yet. KyoAni aren't even the platinum standard for animation even more, so there is practically nothing for me to chew at yet.
Excuse me, but you talking out from your ass there. Who tell you that? as far animation quality concerned KyoAni is the best on business and all of Animation/sakuga enthusiast will admit that.

I'm not Kyoani fanboy, but even from that preview.. u seeing some nice demonstration of KyoAni high quality. Its not slideshow fest like Another for sure. This show is by far is the most talked among animation/sakuga enthusiast.. you can tell they really respect Kyoani from that.

But yeah despite the excellent of animation quality, the trailer seems boring.. I'm debating to myself whether I should watch this or not lol

After some horrible experience following anime with nice promise of sakuga quality but very lacking in other area that just make me having headache in viewing instead enjoying the anime, I'm realize animation quality alone just isn't enough.

Tags
adaptation, shounen, slice of life