3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-22, 12:30   Link #41
Gains
Rain lover

Magnificent episode, and it's funny to see Shion's actual situation when she called K1 (annoyed and mocking him)

Spoiler for the substance:

Can't wait to see Satoko in fun-fun underground torture chamber (maybe)...this might be one of the things that will break Mion....
Old 2006-08-22, 14:49   Link #42
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
HOLY HELL...this eps blew me off my chair >.<
at last the truth about rika's death and why she stabbed herself...but in this case she did bring in onto herself trying to assasinate shion...but why didnt she charge at shion with the knife instead of killing herself? O.o

that onibaba got wht she deserved...a face lift at the hands of a psyco shion with a whip...
hmm so its was shion who initially tortured K1...looking forward to the next ep

Spoiler for scare me silly:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-08-22, 15:12   Link #43
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Next episode, the decisive scene that catapulted Satoko to the top of my favorite characters list. Also happens to be the scene that got me bawling.
A revelation came to me while I was sleeping.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-22, 16:01   Link #44
v1cious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22
A revelation came to me while I was sleeping.
Spoiler:
actually
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-22, 16:08   Link #45
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious
actually
Spoiler:
This is Meakashi-hen. We all know she dumps both Rika and Satoko's bodies in the old "well" by the end of it.
Old 2006-08-22, 17:12   Link #46
BakaOnna

About Rena:

Even though I do believe most of what Keiichi saw in Onikakushi-hen are hallucinations, I still believe Rena is definitely not as innocent as she is. Let's see... we've been told by Oishi that Rena has moved away from Hinamizawa, hurt people in her school, mentioned the name Oyashiro-sama, and went back to Hinamizawa. She tells Keiichi in Onikakushi-hen that she understands what its like to be watched by Oyashiro-sama at night, and stuff about being "demoned away."

In Watanagashi-hen we find out she has super detective skills. I can't remember if she mentions anything about Oyashiro-sama. From what we've seen, I think Rena was the only one out of the group that survived in Watanagashi-hen. Oh, and Rena also seemed to have either known or found about Keiichi entering the shrine.

Then in the beginning of this arc, Rena once again tells us about Oyashiro-sama possessing her. Shion even says she would not want to cross pass with her (or something of that sort). So far, Shion, even in her crazed disillusions, still won't do anything to her, except when she mentions joking about striking a nail into her back in ep. 19. Coincidence? I think not.

Therefore, Rena. Is. One. Freaky. Girl!

That's why I think once we get into the next arc, we'll be able to compare Rena's Oyashiro-sama with Rika's Oyashiro-sama.

Something else I just remembered. Back in episode 2 or 3, Rika mentions how poison is her preference of murder weapon, slow and painful. This could mean that the syringe was filled with a poison. Plus, after Rika got injected with the syringe, she didn't look so well.

Last edited by BakaOnna; 2006-08-22 at 17:51.
Old 2006-08-22, 18:22   Link #47
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Old 2006-08-22, 18:39   Link #48
BakaOnna

^ Yep, that's the one. I'm sure the animators didn't add that in just for kicks. I've noticed that whatever a character says, even if it was meant to be a joke, should always be takened seriously.
Old 2006-08-22, 18:45   Link #49
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai
^.....Nanodesu.....*nipa* <3

Rika is such a good girl ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna
So far, Shion, even in her crazed disillusions, still won't do anything to her, except when she mentions joking about striking a nail into her back in ep. 19. Coincidence? I think not.
Rena is just awesome that way
Hopefully nothing too bad will happen to Rena, but then on the other hand I also want Rena to have more screentime....>_<
Quote:
Therefore, Rena. Is. One. Freaky. Girl!

That's why I think once we get into the next arc, we'll be able to compare Rena's Oyashiro-sama with Rika's Oyashiro-sama.
ebil rena ;_;
*gets more hyped about the next arc*
Old 2006-08-22, 18:53   Link #50
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i wanna see more of rena with her machete XD yep a stand off between rena's and rika's Oyashiro-sama sounds cool

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-08-23, 03:53   Link #51
Fishbait

Yeah it was pretty neat they put it in there back in Episode 2. Hehe, also the fansub noticed it and put it up as a hint.
Old 2006-08-23, 18:11   Link #52
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Wow nice catch about Rika and the poison I missed that. Also something else I found on another forum (sorry if this was posted in epi 19 thread I didnt read it) but has to do with 20 as well

Spoiler:

dang I love this anime...
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2006-08-23, 19:03   Link #53
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arimfe
~_~ I know, I even surprise myself sometimes...
(I also surprised all the prison guards when I escaped mental prison)
>_>
<_<
(the thing with mental prison is a joke btw...no really! I swear^^;; )
Now that I think more about it, if I woke up to something like this, Shion could probably tempt me to kiss her with that laughing face....*fears*
But then I was wondering, how the heck and where would I be kissing her.... Her mouth alone looks like it could bite off my head in 1 go....*feeeeaaaars*

AAhem....anyway, even with scaryness like that, I still can't forgive Shion for what she did to poor Rika...
Bullying Rika and making her cry at school like that is unforgiveable after all.....

Then there is only Rena left for me with high enough scary level after all
Rena....I miss ebil Rena ;_;
I wouldnt worry about where to kiss her i think you might want to check to see if your missing your spleen or a kidney when you woke up. I agree with you as much as i feel Shions pain and i do think she has been really mistreated what she did Rika really sucked. Its hard to wish death on anyone in this series plus having to watch the people die in diffrent ways in each ark is a mind Fu*k
Old 2006-08-24, 12:27   Link #54
hcl4

There's one little detail that Shion forgets that I'm sure is resolved in the next episode. Shion's clothes is covered in blood and you can't exactly greet someone coming over for dinner like that. I guess Shion will have enough time for a quick change in clothes before Satoko arrives. There's that and Shion didn't exactly cover Rika's body completely with newspaper and the blood stained walls doesn't help either.
Old 2006-08-24, 14:18   Link #55
I<3killerloli's

^ I think once Satako finds that out, it will already be too late
Old 2006-08-24, 20:48   Link #56
Alu
Guide my hand...

Another definite great episode, altough I assumed at first that I knew what was mostely going to take place in it.., its amazing on how some small details can realy stirr up a speculation

Spoiler for just in case:

Thanks for reading

Last edited by Alu; 2006-08-24 at 21:18.
Old 2006-08-25, 06:47   Link #57
Bloodseeker

Just watched episodes 13-20. I'm kinda glad that Shion turned out to be the culprit of all of the demented stuff instead of Mion. Mion's my favorite Higurashi character by far... I thought for sure that this 'chapter' was going to make me hate her enough to put her on my "good characters turned failure" list.

On that note, I know that Shion is a demented bitch and Rika is adorable ("ni pah!") and all, but I'm still kinda tempted to make that scene where Shion slapped Rika around my avatar... that just screamed avatar material. Actually, I think I will.

Edit: Meh, didn't look anywhere near as good as I thought it would...

Last edited by Bloodseeker; 2006-08-25 at 07:01.
Old 2006-08-26, 12:39   Link #58
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I'm thinking that "Oyashiro-sama's" voice is actually a trick by the Sonozakis. Rika never specified how or when she heard it. If she recieves it in dreams, someone whispering in her ear while she sleeps could definitely influence her dreams.
Old 2006-09-29, 09:44   Link #59
imac2much

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Getting warmer. But you missed a major point - how on earth would Rika know that Mion's a "torture freak?" There is silent hint there.
I remember reading this hint as I was watching ep 20, and didn't know what to make of it. But now that I know that Rika was actually tortured in Watanagashihen (and not suicide like the beginning of ep 5), it makes sense. Why did they show a scene from 5th arc at the beginning of the 2nd arc??? It just makes everything even MORE confusing than intended right? With knowledge solely from the anime, we wouldn't have been able to piece these hints together.... Now I understand DEEN leaving things out due to time, but why make entire changes like that?
Old 2006-09-29, 09:48   Link #60
chrno_the_sinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by imac2much
I remember reading this hint as I was watching ep 20, and didn't know what to make of it. But now that I know that Rika was actually tortured in Watanagashihen (and not suicide like the beginning of ep 5), it makes sense. Why did they show a scene from 5th arc at the beginning of the 2nd arc??? It just makes everything even MORE confusing than intended right? With knowledge solely from the anime, we wouldn't have been able to piece these hints together.... Now I understand DEEN leaving things out due to time, but why make entire changes like that?
You don't find out the difference until Minagoroshi-hen, and by the time that came out, the animation for that specific section might've been finished already.
Closed Thread