3 out of 10 : Bad 6 11.11%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 7.41%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-01-24, 15:30   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Episode 218 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted a few days before it airs in Japan (which is on Thursday).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

• If you don't like the fillers then DO NOT POST
      Filler discussion/news is located in the Fillers Discussion thread
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.
    • Please do not whine / moan / complain about the episode.
Please Remember... Only Admins/Mods may create Episode Discussion Threads

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 06:11   Link #2
ShikaShika
無罪

Today's summary:

Spoiler:

On a side note, I do like the current opening sequence very much. Though instead of Naruto's silluette doing taijitsu practise (which really is so unlike Naruto), I would have preffered him doing his trademark ninjutsus, or possibly a bit of both. Still nice though...

Last edited by ShikaShika; 2007-01-25 at 06:23.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 12:08   Link #3
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I was going to pass on this episode after last week, but now I'll watch this one! *shakes fist at Shika.

Btw, nice summary and very nice camera-workmanship. I presume that's how you are taking the screenshots.
Old 2007-01-25, 20:29   Link #4
Covenant

Damn waiting until Friday sucks.

They need to move it back to Wednesday so it gets subbed by Thursday.
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 22:32   Link #5
iamtheSOUND
Human Victory Cigar

Man, I haven't seen a Naruto episode in forever. I think since that episode on that Sea Girl thing. I kind of miss it so I think I'm gonna download this episode.
iamtheSOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 04:02   Link #6
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I was going to pass on this episode after last week, but now I'll watch this one! *shakes fist at Shika.

Btw, nice summary and very nice camera-workmanship. I presume that's how you are taking the screenshots.
I hope I didn't get your hopes up too high, though if you've got the bandwidth to spare, I'd say it's worth a look. And thank you very much for complimenting my camera-workmanship! It makes it all worth the effort!
Old 2007-01-26, 07:20   Link #7
EoT
~~

It was an ok episode, got to see alot of things we saw in the past.

Spoiler for for episode:
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 19:35   Link #8
Supaiku_of_Sand
Ξ 3rd Squad Captain

it was prettty good cant wait to se how it ends
Supaiku_of_Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 21:36   Link #9
Covenant

Friday night and it's still not subbed, this blows.

Not going to watch the raw it will ruin it.
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 00:50   Link #10
ChibiAlpha
Dorkus Maximus

Decent, at most. Nothing too special, and all the enemies sorta remind me of the movie villains.
ChibiAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 01:12   Link #11
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
I had better hope then this. But it's still better then 90% of the other fillers.

They made the 3 first guys die way to easily. But then again from the way those morons acted they werent much of ninjas. More like ordinary people who recived a powerfull weapon and knew only how to operate it. Not know how to efectively use it in combat.
Old 2007-01-27, 01:33   Link #12
Dantat

woahhhhh, their ultimate weapon was to use a super-soaker on garaa's sand?, bahahahah
Dantat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 03:01   Link #13
Xelsol

Meh 7/10... Pretty Anticlimactic, a little too predictable, and very corny in some parts, but still worth watching.

I did get to thinking though, last week a lot of people were complaining that the filler antagonists sucked because they had to rely on weapons and armor to go up against the sand siblings. Then I realized, the sand kids rely just as much on their weapons and armor. Temari with her fan, Kankurou with his puppets, and Gaara with his sand... imagine any of them without their weapons, and they would probably be pretty helpless. This is argumentative, of course, because as far as I know, we've never seen them fight without their weapons. So we really don't know how well they would do without them. But in reality, we've never seen these filler characters fight without theirs.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, sometimes the weapon makes the ninja.

But, that was what I was thinking halfway through this episode. In the end, the ease of their defeat made me want to completely retract my judgment on them. They really just sucked, plain and simple.

(BTW, two thumbs down for the "One Piece water-beats-sand no jutsu".)
Xelsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 03:27   Link #14
Hir0

Nothing too special about the ep, it was actually pretty funny how they died,

Blue Hair Kid - Splash of Blood
Woman - Should have been cut to pieces and falls in a waterfall?
Armor Guy - Pierced in the heart by Gaara??!
Hir0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 05:51   Link #15
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelsol View Post
That was water? I guess I need to finetune my Japanese.
Old 2007-01-27, 05:55   Link #16
EoT
~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelsol View Post
Meh 7/10... Pretty Anticlimactic, a little too predictable, and very corny in some parts, but still worth watching.

I did get to thinking though, last week a lot of people were complaining that the filler antagonists sucked because they had to rely on weapons and armor to go up against the sand siblings. Then I realized, the sand kids rely just as much on their weapons and armor. Temari with her fan, Kankurou with his puppets, and Gaara with his sand... imagine any of them without their weapons, and they would probably be pretty helpless. This is argumentative, of course, because as far as I know, we've never seen them fight without their weapons. So we really don't know how well they would do without them. But in reality, we've never seen these filler characters fight without theirs.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, sometimes the weapon makes the ninja.

But, that was what I was thinking halfway through this episode. In the end, the ease of their defeat made me want to completely retract my judgment on them. They really just sucked, plain and simple.

You hit it right on the spot except on behalf of Gaara, he can also create sand from the ground so he isn't only limitted to what is in his gourd (this seen in the sound arc).
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 12:20   Link #17
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

It was a decent addition to this last filler arc.

Sure, I do agree the fights were cut short and the villains ended up big talk but biting the dust soon. However, there was cool and keen battle analysis to catch off guard those losers.

The main flaw as you already have pointed out is that the ninja enemies resort too much on their weapons to perform ninjutsu, and the same ground holds true for only Temari and Kankuro; Gaara can pick up any sand from any place not just the one from his gourd.

Later, like everybody else may have noticed this episode displays quite few references to previous arcs in Naruto before the fillers started.
1. Obviously, the return favor from Konoha shinobi to Suna shinobi to pay debt from the Sasuke Retrieval Arc.

2. Ino's low self-esteem and inferiority complex upon ending up useless in battle mirrors Sakura's issue of uselessness from the Chuunin Exam Arc.

3. My favorite scene in this episode was watching Shikamaru and Temari argumenting to each ohter, as if were a couple. I do feel bugged and pestered that Shikamaru always brings up his obnoxious remarks about boys and girls, but I guess is part of the charm between Temari and him.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 15:12   Link #18
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
It was a decent addition to this last filler arc.

Sure, I do agree the fights were cut short and the villains ended up big talk but biting the dust soon. However, there was cool and keen battle analysis to catch off guard those losers.

The main flaw as you already have pointed out is that the ninja enemies resort too much on their weapons to perform ninjutsu, and the same ground holds true for only Temari and Kankuro; Gaara can pick up any sand from any place not just the one from his gourd.

Later, like everybody else may have noticed this episode displays quite few references to previous arcs in Naruto before the fillers started.
1. Obviously, the return favor from Konoha shinobi to Suna shinobi to pay debt from the Sasuke Retrieval Arc.

2. Ino's low self-esteem and inferiority complex upon ending up useless in battle mirrors Sakura's issue of uselessness from the Chuunin Exam Arc.

3. My favorite scene in this episode was watching Shikamaru and Temari argumenting to each ohter, as if were a couple. I do feel bugged and pestered that Shikamaru always brings up his obnoxious remarks about boys and girls, but I guess is part of the charm between Temari and him.
last filler? for real?
Old 2007-01-27, 16:11   Link #19
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
I hope I didn't get your hopes up too high, though if you've got the bandwidth to spare, I'd say it's worth a look.
It was worth a look for these following couple of wtf-expression which I think speaks volume about the overall quality of this episode.

They are equally disgusted I believe. The animation gets a D-, the plot gets a C- for trying, and the music gets a B. I was going to give it a 4, but then changed my mind to a generous 5 since the episode had a *sparkle.*

Old 2007-01-27, 17:43   Link #20
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
last filler? for real?
My friend this is the last of the filler stories and ends next week on episode 219.

Episode 220 is the last one for all of the first Naruto series, which airs February 8th.

February 15th is the start of Naruto Shipuuden (Hurricane Chronicles), which is the second Naruto series, going back to the manga storyline (the second part).
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote