AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-22, 21:17   Link #221
Midonin
Last Engage

The full OP (released today) is crazy, and like everything MOSAIC.WAV has done, liable to get stuck in my head.

Looking forward to collecting the EDs over the next few months - they're all pretty cool.
Old 2008-04-22, 21:25   Link #222
mandarb916

jebus christ...
i just perused the lyrics while listening to the OP...whoever's doing Kyouka(?)'s lyrics is insanely talented at talking/singing...i don't understand how you DON'T bite your tongue while singing/talking that fast...
Old 2008-04-22, 21:49   Link #223
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
None seem to be missing, though I wouldn't be surprised if Chika got an ED to herself eventually.
It would feel wrong if she didn't get her own ending. Maybe it will come up after she becomes an official member of the family.
Old 2008-04-22, 22:03   Link #224
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
i don't understand how you DON'T bite your tongue while singing/talking that fast...
Apparently you haven't seen the classic Kodomo no Omocha yet.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-04-22, 22:22   Link #225
mandarb916

well...i generally don't watch anime based off of a manga from Ribbon :P
Old 2008-04-23, 02:03   Link #226
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Apparently you haven't seen the classic Kodomo no Omocha yet.
i second that! sana-chan must need about 50 cups of water per episode recording

gotta love yuuka's habbit of using "sappari" she even rephrased the whole "hazukashikatta" setence to throw it in lol. and kyouka includes it in the, eh... 'script'

禁則事項です
Old 2008-04-23, 02:39   Link #227
Oxtail

Kana Hanazawa has the absolute most adorable voice in anime. <3
Old 2008-04-23, 02:46   Link #228
Chrono Helix

I love the Engrish and crazy chanting in the OP.
Old 2008-04-23, 03:27   Link #229
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So the family seems to be growing closer together in episode two and Kyouka ego might not be all it was cracked up to be.

I'm not very good with the sentimental stuff like Yuuka being bullied, but it seems to have something to do with her real family as the person who is throwing money at the boys near the end calls her by her old name and seems familiar with her. Luckily Kyouka's quick thinking along with King Gainer there posing in her place was able to secure her some respect...at least for a while. In my experiences in middle school (where I felt bullying was at the highest) it was the people who were the meekest and most submissive that tended to get picked on the worst, and Yuuka definitely fit that description until Kyouka was able to put other ideas in their head. She also showed she isn't permenantly selfish and even seemed to like being patted on the head for a while before going back to the old Kyouka. Already she is showing signs that she is more than just a Haruhi clone as Haruhi almost never let up on the misplaced ego for a second. In fact several times in this episode Kyouka goes to lengths to play a less "I am God, now bow before me" type of personality by organizing a weeding, looking into Yuuka's problems and goofing off a little.

Of course the ending theme still features Kyouka shaking her posterior at us with the lyrics "What is a well trained pig? Those of you watching today. Put your hands together and pray for Kyouka-Sama. Do your very best to respect Kyouka-Sama. Bow to Kyokua-Sama, Praise Kyouka-Sama for your life. As a reward I shall step on you ". Yes Kyouka-Sama, yes I will. Is that good enough?

The ending theme from Kyouka-Sama really is a slice of heaven and Kyouka-Sama really is an emissary of lolidom sent to fill a void in my life.

Anyway, the next episode seems to be focused on Yuuka again, but hopefully we'll learn more about each of the quirky characters as they attempt to build some family ties out of this colourful cast of characters thrust into a house together. Only in this case it's sure to be at least 10 times more interesting than an episode of Big Brother per second.

Quote:
Kyouka's CV is much more talented than anything Kugyu has put out...though I can see some resemblance occaisionally in Fujimura Ayumi's voice timbre.
Yes I see how Fujimara Ayumi's odd voice role here and there is more talented then Rie Kugimiya's stream of different character roles in games, drama CD's, anime etc. with differences in pitch, tone, delivery style etc. It seems despite everything Rie Kugimiya's done to prove otherwise that the two high profile roles of her as Shana and Louise will override everything else she does.

You'll also note that Fujimura Ayumi was actually mistaken for Rie Kugimiya in Nabari No Ou for playing a role much similar to her two most popular one's while Rie Kugimiya was actually playing the boy Miharu. So I don't know, but I think you probably want to invert that. Not to detract from Fujimara Ayumi's role here, but she's nowhere near either Rie Kugimiya's level of vocal acting talent or prolificness.

Also, watch Rizelmine or Shakugan No Shana-Tan if you don't believe Rie Kugimiya is capable of the same rapid fire speak.

Edit: Now I remember why I made this post. It was as a reference point to use in case such situations came up were I needed a little hard evidence to prove the point that Rie Kugimiya is well....more than just a tsundere loli. The time is now and probably several hundred more times in the near future.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2008-04-23 at 03:41.
Old 2008-04-23, 04:13   Link #230
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Imagine my shock when I saw (actual) drama in what I thought was a bat-shit-insane series

And maybe it's just me, but does Kyouka feel alot less... 'Wild' compared to one episode ago?
Old 2008-04-23, 05:17   Link #231
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
She was a lot less wild compared to last episode, but the situation was also a lot more serious. Kyouka seems the ultimate self centered person, but has a soft side that she always tries to hide. I also love her moments when she gets serious and points out some really deep stuff, like "what parent would point a gun at his son" in episode one. This is turning out to be one of my favorite shows this season
Old 2008-04-23, 05:47   Link #232
FateAnomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
She was a lot less wild compared to last episode, but the situation was also a lot more serious. Kyouka seems the ultimate self centered person, but has a soft side that she always tries to hide. I also love her moments when she gets serious and points out some really deep stuff, like "what parent would point a gun at his son" in episode one. This is turning out to be one of my favorite shows this season
But i love Oka rebuttal better. "I don't want to hear that coming from someone who ask her son to lick her shoes" or something like that.
I think this would be a fun series to watch and looking forward to the next episode.
Old 2008-04-23, 07:17   Link #233
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Imagine my shock when I saw (actual) drama in what I thought was a bat-shit-insane series
This is what i love about this series -- the setting of the story is complete bat-shit-mandess, though we watch and we get everyday drama. You just don't get the two together that often these days.

Quote:
And maybe it's just me, but does Kyouka feel alot less... 'Wild' compared to one episode ago?
In the first episode she was in 'it's my first episode appearance, so i must give them a show they'll never forget'. Though it would be loads of fun if she was that wild all the time.
Old 2008-04-23, 10:33   Link #234
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for ep3:
Old 2008-04-23, 10:44   Link #235
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
This is what i love about this series -- the setting of the story is complete bat-shit-mandess, though we watch and we get everyday drama. You just don't get the two together that often these days.
Or at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
In the first episode she was in 'it's my first episode appearance, so i must give them a show they'll never forget'. Though it would be loads of fun if she was that wild all the time.
Well, I prefer a slightly tone-down Kyouka

Episode one was rather over-the-top But that's just me...
Old 2008-04-23, 11:43   Link #236
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Well, I prefer a slightly tone-down Kyouka

Episode one was rather over-the-top But that's just me...
I'm with you there. Actually preferred the toned down Kyouka of this one. Still was Kyouka in the end, but easier to take in from a viewing perspective.

Should be interesting to see how they deal with all the issues the family members have. Yuuka's had a really tough past and for most of the episode present, but have worked to try and support her. Gotta love the crazed look on Kyouka's face when Teika and Gekka were chasing the kids.
Old 2008-04-23, 12:11   Link #237
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Good to see KKN getting some love here. I love anime that can be both insane and dramatic at the same time. and KKN has good mix of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Of course the ending theme still features Kyouka shaking her posterior at us with the lyrics "What is a well trained pig? Those of you watching today. Put your hands together and pray for Kyouka-Sama. Do your very best to respect Kyouka-Sama. Bow to Kyokua-Sama, Praise Kyouka-Sama for your life. As a reward I shall step on you ". Yes Kyouka-Sama, yes I will. Is that good enough?
Are you defecting form the Saint Church of Haruhism We would have to sent out the moerines to confiscate all your mikuru and yuki cosrape photo.
Old 2008-04-23, 12:16   Link #238
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Good to see KKN getting some love here. I love anime that can be both insane and dramatic at the same time. and KKN has good mix of it.

Are you defecting form the Saint Church of Haruhism We would have to sent out the moerines to confiscate all your mikuru and yuki cosrape photo.
You know as well as I do that I was never a member of that church.
Old 2008-04-23, 14:49   Link #239
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
If kaio was part of the church, by Haruhi would the universe have imploded

Right that Kyouka is a dam self centered perseon, but the signs showing that she does know more than what she is letting on, is good. But she is so easily distracted to do something more fun with whatever serious case she is up againt, one of these days something bad will happen

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-04-23, 15:28   Link #240
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Kyouka doesn't need a reason; she already pretty much considers herself an almighty god in charge of the world.
Because there are things you can't get from bullying the Greater Japanese Empire.

Happiness seems to be one of them for Kyouka, Pyramids don't hug people. And I can't help but think there is more to her demanding a wedding per episode so far than her desire for fireworks and cake. Ouka's unwillingness to see there marriage as more than a fake for the mission does seem to sadden her a bit.

Ouka's willingness to say no to her makes it all the more important to her to sway his opinion. As far as we can tell he's the only person she knows who tries to relate to her as an equal.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kemonomimi, loli, shounen