AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of... > Tales of the Abyss (Archive)

Notices

Old 2008-06-15, 04:12   Link #41
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Abyss's cast of characters to be consistently well-rounded, with some exceptions... like Anise....
There's always an Anise hater whereever you go
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 04:17   Link #42
TrueKnight

Some of us don't like Anise because she's just some obligatory loli. Heck, Abyss actually have 2 lolis plus 1 mary sue shota. That being said, this show will sell because of them lolis around would somewhat grab the pedo market in order to boost popularity.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 04:22   Link #43
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Some of us don't like Anise because she's just some obligatory loli. Heck, Abyss actually have 2 lolis plus 1 mary sue shota. That being said, this show will sell because of them lolis around would somewhat grab the pedo market in order to boost popularity.
Anise is more than that. She is the SOLE provider of meals which keeps the team's hopes and spirits up. She has great greedy ambitions, which make her a great character.

And why would you count Mieu as a loli?
Old 2008-06-15, 04:24   Link #44
TrueKnight

ROLF, dude. Not Mieu but one of the god generals, You know that pink haired chick? forgot her name, sorry.
Old 2008-06-15, 04:25   Link #45
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
ROLF, dude. Not Mieu but one of the god generals, You know that pink haired chick? forgot her name, sorry.
What ? Arietta is older than Tear.
Old 2008-06-15, 04:35   Link #46
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam
Anise is more than that. She is the SOLE provider of meals which keeps the team's hopes and spirits up. She has great greedy ambitions, which make her a great character.
As a character she is amusing, but you can't ignore the fact she's one of the obligatory loli that Bamco requires to provide for certain markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam
Arietta is older than Tear.
The hell? crap. She looked like she's 12-13. I guess appearance could be misleading. and I always thought she's as old as Anise because,

Spoiler:
Old 2008-06-15, 04:39   Link #47
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines View Post
Boo they passed over Legendia (surprise). While I would be happy to see Abyss animated, I'd much rather get a release date for the second half of the Symphonia OVAs.
Any episode with Sheena is a good episode

I wouldnt mind a Yggdra Union animation btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I won't be surprised if this turns out to be at least 26 eps or so. It would be a shame to cut it short for whatever reason (usually the lack of funds) but I can see Sunrise doing a good job of it. Well with it's current example of CG...that has a healthy mix of action/drama and "romance".
I hope you are right about the length. The Tales of Symphonia OVA was way to short (yes yes its an OVA) and since TotA is quite complex its a must to show most of it.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 04:48   Link #48
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
There's always an Anise hater whereever you go
I don't hate Anise, but I didn't found her up to the portrayal of other central cast of Abyss.

I found Ion a better character, and awkwardly, rather than Ion and Arietta being foils to Anise's character, it was Arietta and Anise who were foils to Ion's character.

I'll admit that Anise was mildly amusing and had some quirky fun interactions, but that's as far as it went for me.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 05:14   Link #49
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
And it's not as if Sunrise can't do multiple series at the same time, as they are a relatively big studio. IIRC, Kekkaishi was still running when Gundam 00 came out, for example.
Yeah this isn't going to be a problem, right now for instance Sunrise are animating Code Geass R2, Sgt. Frog, Gintama and you can add their OVA work like Mai-Otome 0 -S.ifr- and Votoms to that.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 07:08   Link #50
yozaku
Always Idle

yeah Tear Grants will be animated
yozaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 07:22   Link #51
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
lol, this thread started today and there's already 50 posts (including mine), this one better turn out good.

Seems like it has a very good cast of characters.
Old 2008-06-15, 07:37   Link #52
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta View Post
Seems like it has a very good cast of characters.
This cast is the definition of a good cast ;D
bahamut zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 08:44   Link #53
d-one

3 pages in one single days. amazing

so Sunrise will do this anime right?

I really hope it will turn out really good
d-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 10:16   Link #54
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
And yes there will be blood for Sunrise if they take out the melon parts. That's one of many reasons why Tear > other Tale heroines.
Not even Chloe Valens in Legendia?
Old 2008-06-15, 10:37   Link #55
TrueKnight

Nah, well Chloe is loveable, kick ass fighter and all and arguably a decent tsundere character with lots of dere2 moments with Senel. But a hardcore female soldier with proportionate melons conquers all so imo Tear > Chloe. Though Chloe is up there on my list as one of the better tales heriones.
Old 2008-06-15, 14:55   Link #56
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Either way, Sunrise should do a decent job, especially if the rumors of it being directed by Kodama Kenji (( Kekkaishi, City Hunter )) is true.
Kekkaishi was handled really well. The same goes for City Hunter. I hope this rumor turns out to be true. Now, if only the anime adaptation of TotA gets the same kind of budget and sponsorship as Kekkaishi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight
The hell? crap. She looked like she's 12-13. I guess appearance could be misleading.
Arietta is still loli I think. Who cares if she's older than Tear? She still looks like a 12-13 year old girl. You can have loli vampires (like darkchibi07's avatar) and no one will really bother with the actual age as long as they fulfill the requirements of the character type (i.e., the looks). Well, I guess I should leave it to the loli fans to debate that one.

Hopefully, we also get to see some more backstory material in this tv series. For example, Tear's past is featured more prominently in Tales of Fandom vol.2 if I'm not mistaken. You don't see that in the original game, so I would like to see something like that in the anime.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 15:14   Link #57
DeotoxSlayer

Im happy about this since I cant play Abyss even though I desperatly want to, (Dam the PS3 Choral castle Glitch!!!!!)

Also, If this turns into an Anime series instead of an Ova anyone think it'll get its own section.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 15:57   Link #58
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well considering the discussion that's already come up I'd say its possible. Just finding out the game would get animated (in some form) we've already hit three pages and still going strong.

If they are trying to cover the game I'm really hoping for 26 episodes since we'll need the time.

Was a little surprised by Arietta's age myself. Maybe because its been a while since I played that I forgot. Or when I saw her I just assumed she was younger than she apparently is.
Old 2008-06-15, 16:07   Link #59
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
But a hardcore female soldier with proportionate melons conquers all so imo Tear > Chloe. Though Chloe is up there on my list as one of the better tales heriones.
That's right XD
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 16:47   Link #60
Z3120

Speaking of villains, I can't wait to see Legretta animated.
Z3120 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy