AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-02, 12:18   Link #23581
Stretch5920

After the big disappointment the last episode was (we waited all this time for a crappy Eva rip off) this new info doesn't surprise me. I was hoping Geass would be destroyed and we would get a battle of wits between Lelouch and Schneizel. I was way off.
Old 2008-09-02, 12:19   Link #23582
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

I'm not surprise, I didn't believe in her death, it was too soft to the raison d'être of the main character (and there was the whole deal with her and Rohmeyer in two different ships)

I'm happy, if Nunally is alive, I can finally see a possible happy ending to Lelouch, and now...we are certainly going to see her eyes open, thanks to Jeremiah.
I don't see why this is making the last episode useless...Lelouch's anger towards his parents will have been the same if Nunally have been alive in his mind, the rest couldn't be avoided (Out of his wish to die in front of the BK...well this helped to give some Kallen/lelouch devellopment so, everything isn't lost.)

And I agree with Var and Tokkan, where is Our empress Kallen ?

Lol about the reset...I don't want to see this .

Old 2008-09-02, 12:20   Link #23583
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
It's funny that when I tried to hint Nunnally is alive (twice) and instantly got treated like a loonatic. With all the time I spend reading Japanese sites and listening to web-radio, you actually think I'll give some totally random guess without evidence up in my sleeve?
You're on AnimeSuki, a city populated by fanboys and fangirls - would you expect any less?

I appreciate your hard work.
Old 2008-09-02, 12:22   Link #23584
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcraft View Post
Nunnally "death" was needed to speed the pace and send lelouch in Warlord mode
Nunnaly return is also need to help schneizel thinking his plan is perfect and he will win at the end
And who knows if Nunnally ll not be the one,the writter want since the beginning, to kill lelouch at the end after schneizel death cause of their mutual promise in S1(personal speculation).
it ll be a satisfactory ending for lelouch even if he die by creating an acceptable world for his sister and a democrat world organisation(UFN) brittania is a part. All he want is a better world when she ll open her eyes

The site have changed the MIA in KIA only cause of the well observations of fans with the 2nd shuttle and a precise timing of events . Production have judged 5 episode was too long for not losting fans with a KIA on a picture
You see, this is all well and good, but it is still too convenient for the plot. It is just a plot device used in the end. It is just like Marianne. Sure it helped move Lelouch forward and what not, but it wasn't NEEDED and was used only as a plot Device.

This is the only reason I have a problem with it. You don't just bring people out that are labeled "Dead" for no more reason than "Plot Device" and "Shock Value." It ruins the pacing and it messes with the plot. Again, they could have done 1001 things different with the plot to move forward than bringing Nunnally back.
Old 2008-09-02, 12:24   Link #23585
Stretch5920

Looks like that magazine picture with Suzaku, Lelouch, Sayoko and healed Nunnally is the ending.
Old 2008-09-02, 12:25   Link #23586
El_Negro
Smurfee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
I suppose telling you to stop being so fucking negative over something that was rather obvious is futile, isn't it?
Damn I like u already
Old 2008-09-02, 12:25   Link #23587
Darkcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
And I agree with Var and Tokkan, where is Our empress Kallen ?
hum with nunnally back i can't see anymore a lelouch empress but only his death
the possible pairing now is Nunnally 100th empress married with susaku . Lelouch asking him to take care of her in his last breath
yea susaku need promotion all 5 episodes or he betrays you
Old 2008-09-02, 12:27   Link #23588
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

I NEED DA FACTS. What's written on Nunally's picture here?
http://www.geass.jp/correlative.html
Old 2008-09-02, 12:28   Link #23589
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
After the big disappointment the last episode was (we waited all this time for a crappy Eva rip off) this new info doesn't surprise me. I was hoping Geass would be destroyed and we would get a battle of wits between Lelouch and Schneizel. I was way off.
On the bright side, I guess being able to manipulate Nunnally counts as "witty", from Schneizel's perspective...and I'm sure that's not all to his plans.
Old 2008-09-02, 12:28   Link #23590
Scalious
Look Behind you!

Send a message via Yahoo to Scalious
Ya know, Ignoance is not always bliss...but in the case of anime. I Really think it is.

Code Geass is a great show. By far oneof the best anime's ive seen.
Point being, When you disect something that is beautiful, you will find is GUTS
I still have yet to hear WHAT makes the writing so bad...besides the fast pacing.
Anyways, I'm getting off topic here.

As for Nunnely coming back. Where is this spoiler? Sorce?
Even if it seems realiable, I wont count on it. We counted on Abion to be there in 21 and that didn't happen, AT ALL. Nothing, Save the korean spoliers, has been realiable at this point. Not to say there are no other TRUE spoilers out there. Most seem to be missleading. For instance, the writer of the show saying ZERO and Suzaku would never work togeather. Everyone inteperated that as Lelouch and Suzaku would not work togeather. Every time someone on this thread came up with a theory about those to. People told them they were wrong. With arrogance, I might add. So Honesty, People have these things they think WILL HAPPEN. Not even giving the slightest doubt it wont.

After watching 21, I can say...I'm never going to take anyone's word on what they KNOW. Look, 3 weeks ago i was arguing that c.c.'s code MIGHT not have been taken. People jumped on me, saying it was 100% fact that c.c. had charles code. Nothing is 100% That was my point then, and now.

Oh and DistruptiveOne...It just seems to me you don't like it because it wasn't how YOU wanted the show to do.

Sorry for the rant, but this stuff was bugging me.
Old 2008-09-02, 12:29   Link #23591
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
you make it sound like Sunrise is this giant monster walking around terrorizing people and drawing animation cells.

despite the fact Taniguchi had some limited involvement with Mai hime as a producer on the manga and other alternate formats, Okouchi had more or less nothing to do with it. Mai Hime has nothing to do with Code Geass other than the fact that they are within somewhat similar genres of anime.
Just kidding for the sake of orz...
Maihime was just a significant case of an anime which had successfully made the audience teared up by killing off one character after another, only to bring them all back in the last episode for a happy-ending.
Old 2008-09-02, 12:29   Link #23592
Stretch5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
On the bright side, I guess being able to manipulate Nunnally counts as "witty", from Schneizel's perspective...and I'm sure that's not all to his plans.
Using your enemy's sister as a hostage is hardly genius.
Old 2008-09-02, 12:29   Link #23593
Darkcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurr View Post
its written "you a blind fool fan" and we owned you
Old 2008-09-02, 12:33   Link #23594
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
If that is the case his genius was very exaggerated. And I would be disappointed in all that build-up to get nothing out of it.
Old 2008-09-02, 12:38   Link #23595
Scalious
Look Behind you!

Send a message via Yahoo to Scalious
Quote:

same as writen on all the other dead people in the show
You figure it out

Seriously though, where is the vampire?
And I could swarn I saw Dietard with Schnezl's team, not witht the Black Knights.
Old 2008-09-02, 12:38   Link #23596
Narona
Emotionless White Face

I was bored in my way to home, so I made a little summary of the current situation

Now, it's dinner time, bye.
Old 2008-09-02, 12:39   Link #23597
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
That doesn't count any more. Nunnally's alive. I doubt the whole veracity of that chart now.
Old 2008-09-02, 12:39   Link #23598
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalious View Post
And I could swarn I saw Dietard with Schnezl's team, not witht the Black Knights.
Well you weren't imagining things, he was there.
Old 2008-09-02, 12:39   Link #23599
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
Using your enemy's sister as a hostage is hardly genius.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
If that is the case his genius was very exaggerated. And I would be disappointed in all that build-up to get nothing out of it.
I don't mean Schneizel is going to use her as a hostage, or not only that at least, but I'm guessing he will turn her against Lelouch and use Nunnally's own actions to mess up his plans. Think of the phrase "I will put an end to oniisama's karma" and what it could mean.

It depends on exactly how it would work and, like I mentioned, everything else. There's still, say, Damocles and...who knows what Diethard, for example, is going to do for Schneizel.
Old 2008-09-02, 12:40   Link #23600
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalious View Post
Ya know, Ignoance is not always bliss...but in the case of anime. I Really think it is.

Code Geass is a great show. By far oneof the best anime's ive seen.
Point being, When you disect something that is beautiful, you will find is GUTS
I still have yet to hear WHAT makes the writing so bad...besides the fast pacing.
Anyways, I'm getting off topic here.

As for Nunnely coming back. Where is this spoiler? Sorce?
Even if it seems realiable, I wont count on it. We counted on Abion to be there in 21 and that didn't happen, AT ALL. Nothing, Save the korean spoliers, has been realiable at this point. Not to say there are no other TRUE spoilers out there. Most seem to be missleading. For instance, the writer of the show saying ZERO and Suzaku would never work togeather. Everyone inteperated that as Lelouch and Suzaku would not work togeather. Every time someone on this thread came up with a theory about those to. People told them they were wrong. With arrogance, I might add. So Honesty, People have these things they think WILL HAPPEN. Not even giving the slightest doubt it wont.

After watching 21, I can say...I'm never going to take anyone's word on what they KNOW. Look, 3 weeks ago i was arguing that c.c.'s code MIGHT not have been taken. People jumped on me, saying it was 100% fact that c.c. had charles code. Nothing is 100% That was my point then, and now.

Oh and DistruptiveOne...It just seems to me you don't like it because it wasn't how YOU wanted the show to do.

Sorry for the rant, but this stuff was bugging me.
It's reliable because it was from the exact same source that spoiled the fact that Shirley was going to die.

@Narona: Why am I the subject of jabs?!
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories