AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-09, 21:15   Link #3761
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chupiler View Post
Man, it's been awhile since I last had time to surf the web. Need to catch up on saving all the great illustrations.

If no one knows:

Miho - Rosetta (Doki Doki)
Maho - Luminous (Max Heart)
Erika - Heart (Doki Doki)
Anzu - Happy (Smile)
Katyusha - Peace (Smile)
Darjeeling - Berry (Fresh)
Caesar - Milky Rose (Go Go)
Naomi - Lemonade (5)

This makes me smile. Wish it was all coloured up as well.
Old 2013-01-10, 00:41   Link #3762
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

After seeing the OVA, I am under the impression the Freshmen Team is crazy. The only reason they've not killed anyone is because they are slightly cowardly.
Old 2013-01-10, 02:11   Link #3763
Gravitas Free Zone

"You've got red on you."

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 02:20   Link #3764
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If she takes the randomly painted tank idea, she will have a red Churchill VII (and it will catch that Panzer IV easily).
Old 2013-01-10, 02:26   Link #3765
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
After seeing the OVA, I am under the impression the Freshmen Team is crazy. The only reason they've not killed anyone is because they are slightly cowardly.
Aw come on, they've come a long way from ditching their tank if anything, they're nice to have around, you know, as... wait, I'm not going to say it, I'm not going to call them bait

Quote:
If she takes the randomly painted tank idea, she will have a red Churchill VII (and it will catch that Panzer IV easily).
I don't know. I hate the Churchill in Company of Heroes because true to it's real life counterpart, it's slow and poorly armed

But hey, painting it red might make it faster, even if it's a psychological difference
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 02:27   Link #3766
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
"You've got red on you."

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
If only that was really Char...perhaps things in the UC-era would've been a lot different, lol.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 04:29   Link #3767
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
I'll assume a team of 15 is the limit.

1. Cromwell IVw. It's fast. It has a good gun. Excellent flanker. If I could dig up details, I would ideally arm it with the QF 6-pounder 57mm gun. If not, the Ordnance QF 75mm, given it'd be attacking from the sides and rear more often than not, would be more than useful.
2. T-34-57. An earlywar T-34 armed with a ZiS-4 57mm antitank gun. It could actually penetrate the front of a Tiger, but it was worthless for general purpose. But when all you face is armor...
3. A30 Challenger. Not to be confused with the Main Battle Tank of the same name. A longer Cromwell with the 17-pounder. My main Heavy Killer of the Mobile part of my force.
4. Panther. Long 75mm. Good armor. Good mobility. And assuming it doesn't decide to just catch on fire at random, a good addition to the others.
5. M26 Pershing. Technically a Heavy, but between it's armor, mobility, and 90mm M3 gun, it should help deal with what little the Panther and A30 can't.
6. T95 Gun Motor Carriage. The infamous T28, and the main focus of my defensive firepower. It could destroy anything thrown my way, and given the flankers I have backing it up could be used to deny areas to my enemy.
7. M8A1 Gun Motor Carriage. Converted M5 Stuart with an open-topped turret. Fast, and packing the L/37 gun the M4 Sherman used in earlier models. My primary scout, making this good for engaging lighter enemies and TDs like Black Forest's Jagdpanzer IVs. (Note: If Open Topped vehicles are deemed illegal, this would just be an M5 Stuart and would be restricted to Hunting, not Killing.)
8. VK4502A. Counterpart to the King Tiger. Basically a converted Tiger P, and would offer the firepower and protection for defense... really, all it is is a cooler looking Tiger II.
9. SU-100. 100mm cannon. Tiger Killer. I don't think anything needs to be said.
10. M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo (76). It's a Sherman basically converted into a Heavy Tank, but keeping the faster turret. The M1 76mm gun would offer additional protection for the T95 from flankers, and it and the Pershing could potentially offer protection for the Flankers.
11. VK3002 DB. Basically a second Panther, shaped more like a T-34. Would join its fellow Medium Tanks on the flanks.
12. Panzer II Luchs. Scout tank, plain and simple. We need eyes. If it's legal, this would instead be a VK1602 Leopard. May or may not also be the Mascot.
13. T20 Medium. Planned replacement for the Sherman. Another flanker.
14. KV-5. Experimental Heavy Tank. While it never left the drawing board, I've been lead to believe that Project Tanks that could be assembled from assets available during and before the war are legal as long as they aren't in any other way ahistorical. Given the KV-5 was just about to enter the prototype stage when the Siege of Leningrad happened, I imagine an assembled one would be legal.
15. Black Prince. Another Experimental tank, this one had five prototypes before the war ended. Another 17-pounder gun - can't get enough of 'em. And nice, good armor - hell, it's treads are pretty much an additional layer on the sides!
Interesting group. Bit heavy on experimental/not much produced types, but perhaps that's this group's charm. Do wish someone would try this with mostly tanks that saw good amount of combat action during WWII.
Old 2013-01-10, 04:59   Link #3768
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
If only that was really Char...perhaps things in the UC-era would've been a lot different, lol.
I cant even consider how the Gundam franchise would have evolved with a moe Char
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 04:59   Link #3769
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

With 10 tanks: if using only German.

3 Stug III G
3 Panzer IV G
3 Panther G
1 Tiger I

With 15:

4 StuG III G
3 Panzer IV G
3 Panther G
1 Panzer III L
2 Jagdpanzer IV
1 Jagdpanther
1 Tiger I

For 20:

5 Stug III G
4 Panzer IV G
4 Panther G
2 Panzer III L
2 Jagdpanzer IV
1 Jagdpanther
1 Tiger I
1 Tiger II

I've notice that the "G" models seem to be the most common.
Old 2013-01-10, 06:43   Link #3770
Marina2

More PV from OVA2

Look like Rabbit team will get a focus this time

Saki's breast are bigger than Mako's...
Old 2013-01-10, 07:07   Link #3771
wontaek

Quote:

3 Stug III G
3 Panzer IV G
3 Panther G
1 Tiger I

With 15:

4 StuG III G
3 Panzer IV G
3 Panther G
1 Panzer III L
2 Jagdpanzer IV
1 Jagdpanther
1 Tiger I

For 20:

5 Stug III G
4 Panzer IV G
4 Panther G
2 Panzer III L
2 Jagdpanzer IV
1 Jagdpanther
1 Tiger I
1 Tiger II

The groups seem good. Still why only German? In Senshado setting you can have some Shermans, T-34, and Comet Tanks.
Old 2013-01-10, 09:16   Link #3772
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Look like Rabbit team will get a focus this time
I will admit these OVAs are addressing some of my concerns. I may end up enjoying them more than the main series, even I feel kind of shallow for saying that.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 10:34   Link #3773
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:

3 Stug III G
3 Panzer IV G
3 Panther G
1 Tiger I

[...]

These start to seem like more "fair" teams that might be built and balanced using a point system than an all big guns big armor combo.

Hmm... a balanced system might actually give you discounts for multipels of the same type and maybe cost up prototypes slightly.
Old 2013-01-10, 13:26   Link #3774
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Well of course, Zeon would win after Amuro joins his her side.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 13:40   Link #3775
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

All German because that was what I had rough balance numbers for number constructed at the time.

If it was Oarai's group, I can see their former opponents giving them a tank each giving them 13 tanks for next year.

Panzer IV H
StuG III F
Hetzer - (Volleyball Team)
Tiger (P)
Type 3
M3 Lee
T-34/76 - new crew/Pravda
Panzer III L - new crew/Black Forest Peak
M4A6 Sherman - new crew/Saunders
Crusader Mk. III - (Morals Committee Team)/St. Glorianna

Reserve:
Type 89
Char B1
L3/35 - Anzio (Duce Anchovy seemed the spiteful type so far in the manga)
Old 2013-01-10, 14:25   Link #3776
florallia

Quote:
Non Non Non, Mon Ami, They're not lunatic, just a great enthusiast of B-class proglam movies. You can see these motif from JAWS, The BEAST, Friday the 13th, The Crazies, etc. I think that's why they choose to watch Kelly's Heroes, Bridge at Remargen, Patton, Battle of Bulge, ЖАВОРНОК SKYLARK from videoshop shelf. They are movie maniacs already before joining Sensha-Do, I presume.
florallia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 14:27   Link #3777
Sumeragi
Banned

What I do find worrisome is the rabbit insignia. Why the knives?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 14:30   Link #3778
Midonin
Last Engage

That rabbit's dynamite.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 14:43   Link #3779
florallia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
I'll assume a team of 15 is the limit.

1. Cromwell IVw. It's fast. It has a good gun. Excellent flanker. If I could dig up details, I would ideally arm it with the QF 6-pounder 57mm gun. If not, the Ordnance QF 75mm, given it'd be attacking from the sides and rear more often than not, would be more than useful.
2. T-34-57. An earlywar T-34 armed with a ZiS-4 57mm antitank gun. It could actually penetrate the front of a Tiger, but it was worthless for general purpose. But when all you face is armor...
3. A30 Challenger. Not to be confused with the Main Battle Tank of the same name. A longer Cromwell with the 17-pounder. My main Heavy Killer of the Mobile part of my force.
4. Panther. Long 75mm. Good armor. Good mobility. And assuming it doesn't decide to just catch on fire at random, a good addition to the others.
5. M26 Pershing. Technically a Heavy, but between it's armor, mobility, and 90mm M3 gun, it should help deal with what little the Panther and A30 can't.
6. T95 Gun Motor Carriage. The infamous T28, and the main focus of my defensive firepower. It could destroy anything thrown my way, and given the flankers I have backing it up could be used to deny areas to my enemy.
7. M8A1 Gun Motor Carriage. Converted M5 Stuart with an open-topped turret. Fast, and packing the L/37 gun the M4 Sherman used in earlier models. My primary scout, making this good for engaging lighter enemies and TDs like Black Forest's Jagdpanzer IVs. (Note: If Open Topped vehicles are deemed illegal, this would just be an M5 Stuart and would be restricted to Hunting, not Killing.)
8. VK4502A. Counterpart to the King Tiger. Basically a converted Tiger P, and would offer the firepower and protection for defense... really, all it is is a cooler looking Tiger II.
9. SU-100. 100mm cannon. Tiger Killer. I don't think anything needs to be said.
10. M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo (76). It's a Sherman basically converted into a Heavy Tank, but keeping the faster turret. The M1 76mm gun would offer additional protection for the T95 from flankers, and it and the Pershing could potentially offer protection for the Flankers.
11. VK3002 DB. Basically a second Panther, shaped more like a T-34. Would join its fellow Medium Tanks on the flanks.
12. Panzer II Luchs. Scout tank, plain and simple. We need eyes. If it's legal, this would instead be a VK1602 Leopard. May or may not also be the Mascot.
13. T20 Medium. Planned replacement for the Sherman. Another flanker.
14. KV-5. Experimental Heavy Tank. While it never left the drawing board, I've been lead to believe that Project Tanks that could be assembled from assets available during and before the war are legal as long as they aren't in any other way ahistorical. Given the KV-5 was just about to enter the prototype stage when the Siege of Leningrad happened, I imagine an assembled one would be legal.
15. Black Prince. Another Experimental tank, this one had five prototypes before the war ended. Another 17-pounder gun - can't get enough of 'em. And nice, good armor - hell, it's treads are pretty much an additional layer on the sides!
You made quite interesting line-up flavourd in Ooarai essence ! I love it.

But I think you should add bit more taste like "Left-Overs" as what Ooarai team is. More Obsolete, Weaker Gun, Out from competition, and can run like rabbit......

More Light & Cruiser Tanks!!

Vickers Mk.VII, Covenanter cruiser tank, M2 combat car, AMC 35, how do you think?
Old 2013-01-10, 14:51   Link #3780
florallia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
What I do find worrisome is the rabbit insignia. Why the knives?
Many splatter movie's killer wields something charactalistic tools for kill, and I think they choose "Attack of the Killer [any ridiculous animal name]" movie image for their motif of insignia, and mix it. or maybe they saw Monty Python and the Holy Grail? Anyway, Killer is Killer. Killer should be with Dangerous tools. That's natural.

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks