AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-12, 19:37   Link #21
Togabito_Ion

::Magdalena (Chrno Crusade side) Spoilers:: (These are also late manga spoilers in this as well)

Spoiler:

::Apostle Spoilers -- Spoilers on Chrno as well, mild late plot spoilerage as well::

Spoiler:

Oh yeah.... Random note. I think Rosette plays a more important role in all this than ANY of us (even the manga readers) are ready to expect. :3 I'm quite sure I know what it is, personally. I agree with a friend's theory on her... Though... We'll just have to wait and see. :3

Last edited by Togabito_Ion; 2003-12-12 at 19:51.
Old 2003-12-12, 19:44   Link #22
Rune~Grey
Token Crusade Fan

Also... that gif is really strange. Rosette definately does not do 'coy' very well in the anime series. ^^
Old 2003-12-13, 08:07   Link #23
dragonstar13
Busy

Quote:
Oh yeah.... Random note. I think Rosette plays a more important role in all this than ANY of us (even the manga readers) are ready to expect. :3 I'm quite sure I know what it is, personally. I agree with a friend's theory on her... Though... We'll just have to wait and see. :3
I agree. Her relationship with Chrno and Jousha will mostly be big. I read a bit of her bio and man is she a fighter. I'm starting to like her more and more.
Old 2003-12-13, 09:09   Link #24
Tboz

Well she's the female lead afterall, it is unlikely that she's to be relegated to a supporting role.
Old 2003-12-13, 10:42   Link #25
Axess

May i ask, What's with the seal? that Rossete always wearing around her neck?
Old 2003-12-13, 14:52   Link #26
dragonstar13
Busy

It seals Chrno's powers to put it bluntly.
Old 2003-12-13, 15:06   Link #27
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
To put it frankly, Rosette's life energy is used to unseal Chrno's power. Which literaly means if Chrno uses his power, he's killing her bit by bit
Old 2003-12-13, 19:46   Link #28
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
And that also means this series is a tragedy.
Old 2003-12-14, 06:05   Link #29
Tomomi
chrno fangal

And what exactly is Pandemonium?
Old 2003-12-14, 07:36   Link #30
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togabito_Ion
Yeah, I have a feeling there's more to her than meets the eye even though I'm not sure what it is exactly. There were a couple of things in the anime that got me thinking about it. How she meets Joshua in her childhood, an apostle, and later on befriends the demon Chrno were most humans would probably fear him were a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
And that also means this series is a tragedy.
The tears roling down on Chrno's amulet was quite a hint.
Old 2003-12-14, 10:24   Link #31
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Where did you see tears rolling down on Chrno's amulet?
Old 2003-12-14, 13:35   Link #32
Tboz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
Yeah, I have a feeling there's more to her than meets the eye even though I'm not sure what it is exactly. There were a couple of things in the anime that got me thinking about it. How she meets Joshua in her childhood, an apostle, and later on befriends the demon Chrno were most humans would probably fear him were a few.
Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-15, 13:03   Link #33
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel-
Hey Chrno, may i ask where did you get your copies of the manga? They're EXTREMELY HARD TO FIND in bookstores and online!!!!

Episode 3 left us in a cliffhanger... grrrrr
Sorry that I didn't get a chance to reply back. I forgot to "turn the subscription" on.

I order the manga from local 'Japanese' bookstores, either a 'Kinokuniya' or an 'Asahiya Bookstore' in my area. I just go in and give them the info (ISBN#) and then wait.

Each book runs about $13 USD. (980 yen=less than what I'd be paying. But all customers pay S+H, plus import tax costs on all imported materials.)

They are sometimes hard to get because the stores often run out, or didn't get in enough, or problems reordering. And before you know it eventually it will go out of print in Japan as the years go by. But for now it's still in circulation. The artwork is EXCELLENT!! I love Daisuke Moriyama-san's work. I'm glad I had the chance of coming across him. And it was an accident that I did.

I don't if you haven't heard ADV Films has the rights now to release the manga domestically. This was posted on TSRI's site awhile back. When it's coming out? No one knows yet. Eventually they'll announce it. I'm very pleased at this and will be recommending this to the art college library (Visual Arts Library-NY) where I work so put it with the other domestic mangas that we've been adding to the library's collection.

I won't be picking up the domestic version since I already own the imported ones. However, ---I can take the time to look over the domestic ones. I'm sure by this time if the manga is being release here then rest assured that the anime has already peaked someone's curiosity and will be picked up. By who, is anyone's guess. But it will happen.

Hope that helps.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
Closed Thread