2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 0.82%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 2.47%
Voters: 365. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-15, 20:55   Link #1001
EternalMelody
Panzergeist

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Maybe all C.C. granted geass is left eye, while all V.V. granted geass is right eye?
Mao's geass was granted by C.C.. He has the mark in both eyes though. So I guess it's not because of who granted the geass.
EternalMelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 20:55   Link #1002
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist

hmm then what about the geass in both eyes?
Bennyswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 20:59   Link #1003
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Variant maybe? Who knows, it's just a random guess.
Old 2008-07-15, 21:30   Link #1004
Fishman

You know what would make the next episode incredible? Kallen biting off her tongue to avoid being interrogated.
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 21:50   Link #1005
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

But then she'd be either dead or tongueless, and both of those outcomes would suck. She'll turn the tables and drug Suzaku then make her escape, hopefully.
Old 2008-07-15, 21:53   Link #1006
orangejuicetang

But Mao's geass might have been "upgraded" into two eyes, since we don't know if he had geass in both eyes when he first got it. I think that everybody starts with geass in one eye, but once it gets powerful enough it shows in both eyes. So all V.V. contracted users start with geass in right eye and all C.C. users start with geass in left eye. Or there are three different subtypes of geass in which you get it in a different eye depending on which section of the brain it affects. Maybe geass in two eyes=purely mental section with memory change and mind read, left eye means part mental section and part physical section with commanding people to perform physical actions or forgetting memories, and geass in right eye affects the physical section of the brain with stop perception of time or move bodies like puppets.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 21:59   Link #1007
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Man, all the people care about the Cultists, how about this statistic:

About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. Three-fourths of the deaths are children under the age of five.

I'm not justifying what lelouch did, but the Cult could have posed a big problem down the road. I see why he made the decision. The Cultist were nameless, just like the 24,000 people who died today but everyone is all up in arms about theirdeaths. Why not complain about all the starving that died?
Old 2008-07-15, 22:04   Link #1008
Fishman

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
But then she'd be either dead or tongueless, and both of those outcomes would suck. She'll turn the tables and drug Suzaku then make her escape, hopefully.
I doubt that will happen, suzaku is a lot like kenshiro from hotuko no ken, he has powers from no apparent source, he is just "athletic" as lelouch says, so, somehow he never gets hurt, dies,etc. I usually like this kind of unrealistic display, but not when the antagonist has it
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 22:05   Link #1009
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
I doubt that will happen, suzaku is a lot like kenshiro from hotuko no ken, he has powers from no apparent source, he is just "athletic" as lelouch says, so, somehow he never gets hurt, dies,etc. I usually like this kind of unrealistic display, but not when the antagonist has it
This source exists; we just don't know what it is.
Old 2008-07-15, 22:17   Link #1010
Kovensky
Timer
*Fansubber

Suzaku doesn't die because he simply can't. Lelouch ordered him not to. Only Orange-kun or Rollo can kill him.

On a wild speculation, maybe Rollo dies his cardiac arrest after he uses his geass to kill Suzaku, his nii-chan's "worst enemy" from his point of view.
Kovensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 22:33   Link #1011
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post

About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. Three-fourths of the deaths are children under the age of five.

I'm not justifying what lelouch did, but the Cult could have posed a big problem down the road. I see why he made the decision. The Cultist were nameless, just like the 24,000 people who died today but everyone is all up in arms about theirdeaths. Why not complain about all the starving that died?
1. Because due to censorship and western culture we are never confronted with these situations.
2. It's easier to take the moral high ground and sound like you're right, much like Suzaku.

For the record, I don't believe any is without fault in the story.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 23:06   Link #1012
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

There is no justification for what Lulu did.

But justification is not as important as necessity. It was done because Lulu realized that he couldn't hope to control the Geass cult without them going on a killing spree 10 times worse than Rollo had done on his own.

From the very beginning, Sunrise had made the point that Lulu will do what had to be done, so that no one else has to. The choice he made was not the right choice, but that's because the right choice does not exist.
Old 2008-07-15, 23:07   Link #1013
DN24

Quote:

Because those 24,000 don't get killed by Knightmare just because someone is angry and decided to kill them instead of use them..
DN24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 23:07   Link #1014
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN24 View Post
Because those 24,000 don't get killed by Knightmare just because someone is angry and decided to kill them instead of use them..
Rollo was used. And Shirely died because he was used.

You want more uncontrollable Rollos in Lulu's army?
Old 2008-07-15, 23:14   Link #1015
DN24

So just because you can't control 1 of them,you have the right to kill all of them?
Let's face it,LL is pissed because Shirley get killed,he wanted revenge and he got his revenge through a pointless massacre. You can think of many reasons why they should be killed but LL doesn't care,he just wanted to kill them because he's angry.
DN24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 23:25   Link #1016
animeboy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Rollo was used. And Shirely died because he was used.

You want more uncontrollable Rollos in Lulu's army?
The children have a higher potential to be a danger but the problem with potential is that it doesn't mean it they will definitely turn into blood thirsting monster. Perhaps what I find weird is that people are ok with those children getting killed because the have geass but lelouch somehow get a pass enough though his geass is the most unstable
animeboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 23:40   Link #1017
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeboy12 View Post
The children have a higher potential to be a danger but the problem with potential is that it doesn't mean it they will definitely turn into blood thirsting monster. Perhaps what I find weird is that people are ok with those children getting killed because the have geass but lelouch somehow get a pass enough though his geass is the most unstable
Having Rolo kill the children (albeit "off-screen") was a "Get-Out-Of-Jail-For-Free" card for Lelouch on the part of the script writers.

Sure, Lelouch ordered their deaths, and WILL swing that Halberd himself if he was there. But if he really did himself, any and all sympathy the audience had left for him (what little remains) would evaporate completely.
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 23:43   Link #1018
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeboy12 View Post
It is not because they have Geass that made them dangerous. It is because they are psychopaths and the Geass makes it impossible for them to be kept alive.

You might think it is worth the risk to spare these people. But they are people who work for VV and have no reason to be loyal to the Black Knights. Failure to negotiate with them would cause BK to be wiped out, as without the element of surprise Lulu would have no means of stopping them from killing everyone.

You want to give them a chance? Sure, but not at the risks of the entire army and anyone else who got in the way, like Shirely. The Geass cult was potentially more powerful than Lulu's entire military force, as such he does not have the luxury of doing whatever he liked.
Quote:
Sure, Lelouch ordered their deaths, and WILL swing that Halberd himself if he was there. But if he really did himself, any and all sympathy the audience had left for him (what little remains) would evaporate completely.
Lulu did do it himself. He ordered it. He takes the blame, and willingly.
He isn't that much of a coward as to spread responsibility amongst his men. Lulu made the decision to kill them because there is no other choice. The same reason he shoot Euphie himself.

In the Geass universe, like many other anime worlds, women and children are some of the most dangerous people in the world. Spare a thought for those men who are killed without mercy, even though they had no superpowers of their own.
Old 2008-07-16, 00:35   Link #1019
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It is not because they have Geass that made them dangerous. It is because they are psychopaths and the Geass makes it impossible for them to be kept alive.

You might think it is worth the risk to spare these people. But they are people who work for VV and have no reason to be loyal to the Black Knights. Failure to negotiate with them would cause BK to be wiped out, as without the element of surprise Lulu would have no means of stopping them from killing everyone.

You want to give them a chance? Sure, but not at the risks of the entire army and anyone else who got in the way, like Shirely. The Geass cult was potentially more powerful than Lulu's entire military force, as such he does not have the luxury of doing whatever he liked.

Lulu did do it himself. He ordered it. He takes the blame, and willingly.
He isn't that much of a coward as to spread responsibility amongst his men. Lulu made the decision to kill them because there is no other choice. The same reason he shoot Euphie himself.

In the Geass universe, like many other anime worlds, women and children are some of the most dangerous people in the world. Spare a thought for those men who are killed without mercy, even though they had no superpowers of their own.
Idk what you mean, when those researchers saw C.C. I think they asked her to save them which I interpreted as loyalty to me. Maybe you don't save the geass children but the researchers could have been saved and had a high chance of following C.C. and in turn the OotBK. However, Lulu needed a scapegoat for Shirley's death so everybody dies.

Also Lulu takes the blame for the killings of innocents? Since when? Did he tell or involve his generals of his plan i.e. Todoh, Xing Ke, Ougi? No. He kept it a secret.
Whenever Lelouch does a bad thing he puts newspaper on top of it and pretends that it that it'll go away. How can he take the blame willingly when no one knows what he did yet? He doesn't even have to suffer any consequences. Idk about coward but spoiled child suits him.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 01:25   Link #1020
FuzzyWuzzy

Actually I just realized in this episode, they are starting to introduce a new scenario. Lelouch may lose the Black Knights. The BKs just murdered civilians in their minds. They really don't know what geass is or how powerful it is. The seed of doubt is just planted in this episode. There needs to be 1 or 2 more events like this then we can see if Lelouch is really going to lose the BKs.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote