AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-04-09, 03:39   Link #441
Sparvid
*hic*

Boyfriends? In my yuri manga?

Well, since nothing is shown other than Mio assuming that there's a boyfriend, it wouldn't come as a surprise if it turned out to be something else.
Old 2010-04-09, 03:45   Link #442
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachael View Post
tl;dr: Does Ricchan have a boyfriend?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
It seems that could possibly be the case: Yui & Ritsu Second-Hand!? Otaku Shock at K-ON! Bombshell.

Brace yourselves for another shitstorm (same as the Nagi controversy), but this time from the hardcore K-ON! fans.
Spoiler:
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 03:56   Link #443
Serffix

To prevent further trolling, please read below to see what really happened instead of believing that troll site.

Spoiler for Next chapter story:
Serffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 04:09   Link #444
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well then, that's

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 04:09   Link #445
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serffix View Post
To prevent further trolling, please read below to see what really happened instead of believing that troll site.

How do you knows this? Source? (or could you be possibly talking about this chapter, and not the next chapter?)

I don't see any trolling here, btw...
Old 2010-04-09, 04:20   Link #446
Serffix

Quote:
How do you knows this? Source?

I don't see any trolling here, btw...
Their translations are fine, but concluding from those that BOTH Ritsu and Yui have a bf is pure troll. If you choose to just believe everything that's written on that site, by all means, please do. Just wanted to make the real story clear.

Source is the picture I posted on the previous page, /u/'s deduction and moonlanguage skills and just some logical thinking.

If Ritsu would indeed have a bf, don't you think the chapter would be based on that and not on Mio angsting over it?
Old 2010-04-09, 04:26   Link #447
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Their translations are fine, but concluding from those that BOTH Ritsu and Yui have a bf is pure troll. If you choose to just believe everything that's written on that site, by all means, please do. Just wanted to make the real story clear.

Source is the picture I posted on the previous page, /u/'s deduction and moonlanguage skills and just some logical thinking.

If Ritsu would indeed have a bf, don't you think the chapter would be based on that and not on Mio angsting over it?
It was just pure speculation answering another poster who had the same questions as some of us do.

Ritsu and Yui having a bf could be a troll, but since according to what you're saying about the translation having no mistakes, it was a logical speculation that Ritsu could possibly have a bf (besides, we didn't get the full chapter, so some people thought the chapter ended with Mio talking to Yui on the phone about Ritsu).
Old 2010-04-09, 04:38   Link #448
Serffix

Quote:
It was just pure speculation answering another poster who had the same questions as some of us do.

Ritsu and Yui having a bf could be a troll, but since according to what you're saying about the translation having no mistakes, it was a logical speculation that Ritsu could possibly have a bf (besides, we didn't get the full chapter, so some people thought the chapter ended with Mio talking to Yui on the phone about Ritsu).
Speculations are fine, but the title of that article states it as if it's a fact. The reason they used that title is just for some sensational trolling, which that site is famous for.
Old 2010-04-09, 04:45   Link #449
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Honestly, I was happy that they had boyfriends, it's called character development.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 04:47   Link #450
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Speculations are fine, but the title of that article states it as if it's a fact. The reason they used that title is just for some sensational trolling, which that site is famous for.
Yes, but when you posted this...

Quote:

I also thought you were trolling (especially about the last sentence), since there was the exact same post posted on /a/ a few minutes before you posted this one here.

As long as there is no translation error, then everything's fine (I don't even read the K-ON! manga anyway).
Old 2010-04-09, 05:09   Link #451
Pachael
原作通り

Serffix sounds like he's on the mark (sounds like standard K-on 'plot') after updating that picture with more panels, so crisis (?) seems to have been averted. Mio's still too cute with the 'men are beasts' line ;p
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 05:15   Link #452
Serffix

Quote:
I also thought you were trolling (especially about the last sentence), since there was the exact same post posted on /a/ a few minutes before you posted this one here.
Well yeah, that was me
Didn't wanna troll with it though.

Quote:
Honestly, I was happy that they had boyfriends, it's called character development.
If the build-up is there, I'd be fine with it.
Old 2010-04-09, 05:19   Link #453
SHiN-gx
Wanderers
*Fansubber

Send a message via Yahoo to SHiN-gx
lol. Getting trolled so easily. Very gullible.

Spoiler for K-ON:
SHiN-gx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 05:32   Link #454
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
It seems that could possibly be the case: Yui & Ritsu Second-Hand!? Otaku Shock at K-ON! Bombshell.

Brace yourselves for another shitstorm (same as the Nagi controversy), but this time from the hardcore K-ON! fans.
I am personally nominating the 11th Airbourne Corps, Southern Fleet, 54th Ground Army of the People's Liberation Army, US 101st Airbourne and 2nd Bomb Wing (and maybe the 1st Marine: King Company for good measure), Russia's Pacific Fleet and 165th Naval Infantry Brigade, FROKA, the Republic of China's 542nd and 584th Armoured Brigade as well as 401st Tactical Fighter Wing to form a combined task force to deal with this shitstorm. We will call it the Coalition of the STFU.

According to translations I've found of 2chan discussion the shitstorm has already started.

Over one freaking page

Here are two gems from two dipshits on shitkaku.
"That's exactly why it's depressing to see second-hand characters in 2D -- it just serves as a painful reminder of how rare purity is in the 3D world.

I mean, really. 2D is the world we visit in order to escape from the horrors and agonies of everyday life. It *should* be pure and fantastical."- Anonymous. (You that pissed about your 'horrible and agonising life?' STFU and get a boy/girlfriend if you're that concerned)

"Agreed. Though I don't think these strips indicate anything other than a misunderstanding.

Although if Yui and Ritsu are infact not virgins my interest in this series is destroyed as I imagine it is for 90% of the other fans as well."- Syvere (Are you trying to put me in your same shit tier level? Fuck you, I don't want you reading K-On. You're making us look bad)

Well, that's my rage for today.

Edit: And I hate the anti-Chinese articles.

Quote:
Boyfriends? In my yuri manga?
Actually I wouldn't really mind since the solution is always so simple.

Menage a trois.

But if there were boys how much RitsuBF/Ritsu would there be compared to Unlimited Mitsu Works? (From last count 1/10 pics on Pixiv are Mitsu).

Still, I like the Yuri fans. Compared to the otakus they are completely mundane and normal (even if we're seeing subtext where there shouldn't be) from what I've seen at Mangafox, Livejournal and FFnet.

Last edited by NinjaYali; 2010-04-09 at 06:20.
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 05:38   Link #455
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Even if Ritsu has a boyfriend, they would probably have broken up. Simply because it made Mio jealous.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 05:46   Link #456
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Even if Ritsu has a boyfriend, they would probably have broken up. Simply because it made Mio jealous.
Kakifly knows. No-ONE breaks up the OTP.

Although I'm annoyed at the shit controversy for one thing. Looks like it ruined the joke for next chapter.
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 05:53   Link #457
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Well yeah, that was me
Didn't wanna troll with it though.

If the build-up is there, I'd be fine with it.
Just to make sure, did Ritsu say she didn't have a boyfriend? I mean it's possible for her to buy Mio a present and have a boyfriend.
Old 2010-04-09, 05:57   Link #458
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Just to make sure, did Ritsu say she didn't have a boyfriend? I mean it's possible for her to buy Mio a present and have a boyfriend.
She already has a girlfriend, how can she have a boyfriend?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 05:58   Link #459
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
She already has a girlfriend, how can she have a boyfriend?
Facepalm.....
Old 2010-04-09, 06:06   Link #460
Serffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I don't know yet, I haven't seen the full chapter. But if I had to guess, I don't think Ritsu will be clearly confronted with the "having a bf" idea. And if she would be confronted with it, she'd probably deny it or laugh it away in Ritsu style.

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life