AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-20, 11:02   Link #8581
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Personally speaking, not very long... maybe close to a month before going crazy?

Also, I somehow finished Chapter 10 early, currently publishing o.O

And Eratas, as it is now, Athena Bouclier won't end with Chapter 10 since there's still stuffs left hanging and I don't wanna squeeze it all together and break my standard 4000-5000+ words per chapter. ^^
Old 2011-11-20, 11:04   Link #8582
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - Indefinitely, It'll just make them really socially awkward when the time comes. The condition of how they live also changes their outcome: Healthy life but simply chooses to be alone? No problems. Placed in something like solitary confinement or otherwise without their consent? Might develop schizoprenia or other bad habits.
Old 2011-11-20, 11:14   Link #8583
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

What he said, Demino.

Athena Bouclier Chapter 10 is up!

Chapter 10: Release

Enjoy, I'm going to bed... Gonna wake up for work in like 5-6 hours
Old 2011-11-20, 11:15   Link #8584
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm thinking how I should write a character who went out of his way to not to talk to anybody unless absolutely necessary.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 11:19   Link #8585
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - They'd either be very anti-social or very shy for this to happen. Go to google and type in "hikikomori" for modern examples of this.
Old 2011-11-20, 11:34   Link #8586
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'll try to brush up on the subject, thanks.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 15:20   Link #8587
Eratas123

@ Zero - Do you have experience with PTSD patients?
Old 2011-11-20, 15:27   Link #8588
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

PTSD? Yes, why?
Old 2011-11-20, 15:29   Link #8589
Eratas123

@ Zero - Need help for parts of Shadow segments. All the protags have some kind of PTSD (even Ichika) so I need some info on symptoms and treatments.

Side note - Doing a project too?
Old 2011-11-20, 15:34   Link #8590
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Zero - Need help for parts of Shadow segments. All the protags have some kind of PTSD (even Ichika) so I need some info on symptoms and treatments.

Side note - Doing a project too?
I'm not exactly the best at psychology, but post it and see what I can do.

No Project so far, thankfully, but I think I'll go for a remedial or two.
Old 2011-11-20, 15:38   Link #8591
Eratas123

1. Do they have dreams/hallucinations? I planned to include some.

2. What treatments do PTSD patients usually get?

3. How long for the treatments to take effect?

Random question: What does it mean when someone "wears the pants" in the relationship?

Side note - Added some new "Maiden's" for Daydreams.

1. Maya Yamada.

2. Tabane Shinonono

3. Byaku Shiki personification (yes, I'm crazy enough to attempt this)

4. Chelsea Blacklett.
Old 2011-11-20, 15:51   Link #8592
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Here's some criteria for someone to be declared PTSD which mean for number 1 question

A: Exposure to a traumatic event
Well, obvious
B: Persistent re-experiencing
Recurring dream, flashback etc
C: Persistent avoidance and emotional numbing
* avoidance of stimuli associated with the trauma, such as certain thoughts or feelings, or talking about the event(s);
* avoidance of behaviors, places, or people that might lead to distressing memories;
* inability to recall major parts of the trauma(s), or decreased involvement in significant life activities;
* decreased capacity (down to complete inability) to feel certain feelings;
* an expectation that one's future will be somehow constrained in ways not normal to other people.

D: Persistent symptoms of increased arousal not present before
These are all physiological response issues, such as difficulty falling or staying asleep, or problems with anger, concentration, or hypervigilance.
E: Duration of symptoms for more than 1 month

I'll post the rest in different post.
Old 2011-11-20, 15:53   Link #8593
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Here's some criteria for someone to be declared PTSD which mean for number 1 question

A: Exposure to a traumatic event
Well, obvious
B: Persistent re-experiencing
Recurring dream, flashback etc
C: Persistent avoidance and emotional numbing
* avoidance of stimuli associated with the trauma, such as certain thoughts or feelings, or talking about the event(s);
* avoidance of behaviors, places, or people that might lead to distressing memories;
* inability to recall major parts of the trauma(s), or decreased involvement in significant life activities;
* decreased capacity (down to complete inability) to feel certain feelings;
* an expectation that one's future will be somehow constrained in ways not normal to other people.

D: Persistent symptoms of increased arousal not present before
These are all physiological response issues, such as difficulty falling or staying asleep, or problems with anger, concentration, or hypervigilance.
E: Duration of symptoms for more than 1 month

I'll post the rest in different post.
C and D are really helpful, thanks for helping I'm waiting for your next post.
Old 2011-11-20, 16:04   Link #8594
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Lightbulb

Uh, for the second, it's very complex and I'll just post the summary here....

Cognitive Behavioral Theraphy
By far the most effective and often used as standard method of treatment. In CBT, individuals learn to identify thoughts that make them feel afraid or upset, and replace them with less distressing thoughts. The goal is to understand how certain thoughts about events cause PTSD-related stress.

If you take it on exaggerated shonen approach, it's like how Pops putting Speed Racer on his car despite him being Tachophobia (fear of speed), of course that's too extreme and may backfire, but mostly work like that.

The point is that you should help the patient to learn about the trauma itself (facing it courageously than run away) and slowly letting the memory go.

There are many kind of treatment, but this one is the most common, if fiction featured PTSD of sort, this will be the method used.
Old 2011-11-20, 16:08   Link #8595
Eratas123

@ Zero - So facing your fears and (in extreme cases) placing that person in a situation where they have to deal with their trauma? That makes sense. Thanks for the info

Do you know what the Byaku-shiki personification looks like? I need to make original storylines and not just modifications for the new "Maidens" on the list since they don't interact with Ichika too much/at all.
Old 2011-11-20, 16:11   Link #8596
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - So facing your fears and (in extreme cases) placing that person in a situation where they have to deal with their trauma? That makes sense. Thanks for the info

Do you know what the Byaku-shiki personification looks like? I need to make original storylines and not just modifications for the new "Maidens" on the list since they don't interact with Ichika too much/at all.
White hair, and in the anime, with a hue of lavender (but I believe it's mostly Adaptation Dye Job), shorter than Laura, and looks like 11-12 year old girl, facial features has yet to be revealed.
Old 2011-11-20, 16:14   Link #8597
Eratas123

Quote:
White hair, and in the anime, with a hue of lavender (but I believe it's mostly Adaptation Dye Job), shorter than Laura, and looks like 11-12 year old girl, facial features has yet to be revealed.
Looks like I'll have to learn how to write little sis romance *Sigh* Why can't Ichika have any normal girls in his list of admirers?
Old 2011-11-20, 16:19   Link #8598
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Looks like I'll have to learn how to write little sis romance *Sigh* Why can't Ichika have any normal girls in his list of admirers?
Technically ByakuShiki is 10 years old, but whatever.

As for little sis romance? EASY, DAMN EASY if you ask me.
Old 2011-11-20, 16:25   Link #8599
Eratas123

Quote:
Technically ByakuShiki is 10 years old, but whatever.

As for little sis romance? EASY, DAMN EASY if you ask me.
Madoka is 15, she doesn't count. I have to make to look.....innocent if I make it a 10 year old having a crush. I'm bad at that as you've seen from the way Aria acts in FI (Though Rain said that's how she normally acts)
Old 2011-11-20, 16:29   Link #8600
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Madoka is 15, she doesn't count. I have to make to look.....innocent if I make it a 10 year old having a crush. I'm bad at that as you've seen from the way Aria acts in FI (Though Rain said that's how she normally acts)
Madoka IS innocent, she's a late bloomer remember, Blizt even ask me that it's impossible to portray her crush on Ichika without thinking dirty, but we succeed anyway.

That aside, a child has exponentially higher level of imagination than late teens or adult, and yes, it'll be innocent either way. Even is say, in daydream imouto!Byakushiki ask Ichika to marry her, she'll imagine something came out from Disney fantasy, not the lewd part.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest