AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-01-21, 23:42   Link #201
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished Gosick, and if i have to describe my grade of appreciation in function of the time, here it goes:

I basically loved the whole show as long as it remained light with some investigation and action here and there. I started to dislike it when it began bringing back II World War times, and all those depressing history facts that i find boring. Even tho the ending was happy, i just disliked it: why the fuck Victorique's hair turn gray? Wtf, pooped pants? Also, what is wrong with Avril getting lost in some isle? Nice way to get rid of other characters eh. Also very funny how Vic didn't grow one fucking centimeter after 5 years. Really interesting.

Moreover, i have some questions that remained unsolved:

Spoiler for might spoil ending:

I would have liked not to have watched the last 4 episodes. My opinion just began dropping after 18-19 episodes, to totally go underground with the ending. I was really so happy about this anime the whole time that i was expecting an awesome development near the end, like any other anime (not named school days), and instead i get the feeling of those ancient movies about lovers being separated from war and writing each other, while keeping memory of each other and getting back together in the end. I found that part really depressing. I'll split my vote in two:
Episodes 1-19: 9.5
Episodes 20-24: 4
Thank you really much for suggesting me this title, because i really loved it: the detective element was bearable, even tho i'm not a fan of it, and i liked the romance developing (I have to say that Kujo disturbed me much when he insisted about friendship: fuck it man, it's love). It had a nice plot that didn't evolve the way i thought tho. Also, i like very much the period from 80's to 90's, and i liked the whole atmosphere. Didn't like the war part.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 02:25   Link #202
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
Even tho the ending was happy, i just disliked it: why the fuck Victorique's hair turn gray? Wtf, pooped pants? Also, what is wrong with Avril getting lost in some isle? Nice way to get rid of other characters eh. Also very funny how Vic didn't grow one fucking centimeter after 5 years. Really interesting.

I agree with you, a lot of fans don’t like that ending too XD. Oh yeah, the manga is still on-going if you want to check it out.

As for your question, if I try to answer it myself, I’m afraid it’s gonna be a text-wall. So, here’s some links where you can find answers from more appropriate source(s):

As for why Vic’s hair turned white, it’s due to Marie Antoinette syndrome:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Antoinette_Syndrome

As for your episode-by-episode questions, here’s an episode synopses from wikia (I started it from episode 24. You can browse it for another ones).
http://gosick.wikia.com/wiki/Gosick_Episode_24
Also, the main page where you can find a lot of things about Gosick (in English ).
http://gosick.wikia.com/wiki/Gosick_Wiki
Old 2012-01-22, 06:20   Link #203
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I suspected the Marie Antoinette thingie, since i remember that her hair turned white when she was going to be decapitated, but this sucks, really. I love blonde hairs.

I'll check those links later. It was such a wonderful anime, why changing the whole atmosphere all of a sudden?
Old 2012-01-22, 06:48   Link #204
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Quote:
Also, what is wrong with Avril getting lost in some isle?
She went home to her family in England, she explains this in the anime.

Quote:

Spoiler for Gosick Ending:
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 09:09   Link #205
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Thank you for the clarification. I actually had imagined that the other redhead was the twin brother (it couldn't have been otherwise), but doesn't it give the feeling "from where the fuck did he pop up?" I mean, you get to know the redhead known as Brian, and then this other toon makes his appearance out of nowhere. In my opinion, unneeded character (also, what is his name?).

Anyways, i guess i didn't like how it evolved the last episodes simply because i always found WW2 events depressing/boring, and after this anime had this change of tone i was a bit screwed. Of course they love each other, it is easily noticeable during the whole series, but it's a bit frustating waiting for some confession/kiss and instead get a picture of them married after 3 frames.

Ok, now i think i'll go for kamisama dolls.

PS: when will Fate/zero new season air? They interrupted exactly at the beginning of a new interesting battle, that sucked hard. If it's going to be one year or more, let me know where i can read the rest of the story, because by then i'll have forgotten everything.

EDIT
It looks like every goddamn site having it in streaming sucks: either the vids got removed, or they just don't work, or they are only megavideo links(which got obscured by FBI). I managed to watch it in one website, but only the first episode. I'm having hard times. I know i shouldn't ask, but PM if you know something.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-01-22 at 10:02.
Old 2012-01-22, 10:10   Link #206
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
PS: when will Fate/zero new season air? They interrupted exactly at the beginning of a new interesting battle, that sucked hard. If it's going to be one year or more, let me know where i can read the rest of the story, because by then i'll have forgotten everything.
Don't worry. You don't have to wait for a year. The new season will begin on April 2012. Still, if you can't wait for it, you can read the light novel. It's already fully translated to English.
Old 2012-01-22, 11:39   Link #207
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Kamisama Dolls is streamed legally by Crunchyroll. Unless you're region-blocked, why would you want to support some low-life streamer who collects advertising revenues by exploiting the work of both the original creators and the fansubbers alike and gives nothing back in return?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 11:44   Link #208
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Sorry, due to licensing limitations, videos are unavailable in your region.
Old 2012-01-22, 11:52   Link #209
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Well, it took me all of a minute to find the Chihiro torrents on a well-known anime BT archive site.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 15:14   Link #210
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Since i wasn't able to find any decent source of streaming for Kamisama dolls (cba to go for torrents rly, searching fast shows), i'm now going to embrace the so long series of School Rumble. After i finish it, i'll probably take a pause and rewatch Steins;Gate, since i miss it just too much. The thing nearest to S;G was the disappearence of Haruhi Suzumiya that i already watched 4 times, but beside these two titles, nothing else was able to please me as much, or even near it. Those shows are just on a different level for my person.
Old 2012-01-22, 22:43   Link #211
Redoaxe
ツンデレ。。。?

If you liked Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero
Maybe you could try Kara no Kyoukai and Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Old 2012-01-23, 00:17   Link #212
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

This may be a VERY long shot, but this USED to be my top romance a couple years back and it's To Heart (not To Heart 2 and it's series, two different anime). Only issue I have with recommending this is that it kindasortamaybe violates 3 of your preferences. I would personally put this LAST on your list of anime to watch because of these violations or you know, if you're bored, pop this up. It's been a few years myself since I last watched this series as well.

I was reading your personal likes/dislikes and it does kind of violate the "dude surrounded by girls", but afaik these girls aren't like falling in love like you see in other harems. They simply are high school friends that know each other. Also, I don't even believe these girls all fall in love for the most part but have a rather higher affection for the male protagonist.

A female android (since it says you're not a fan of androids and stuff, neither am I) enters in the sequel series, but if I remember it's just another story to add to the anime which might be a little random as well.

The visuals are "old" since the anime was released in 1999, but it's not OLD old...I think lol. Oh and the romance in this is quite slow "With both of them are in the same class in high school, their love towards each other begin to accumulate, slowly but day by day" (ANN).

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 18:49   Link #213
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Those limitations are no longer of much weight, and to be honest i don't mind them, if they are as you said. I will definitely give it a try.

On the other side, since megavideo got closed i'm having hard times finding good streams. I tried School Rumble, and it looks indeed funny and light, like it is, but i find it being more oriented towards a younger public. I didn't like the girl much anyway (not because of the looks, she actually is cute, but because she seems to be retarded) and i feel bad for that delinquent who tries hard for that silly girl. It surely fits the tags of "comedy", but i got attached to more serious animes by now, so i'm being a bit picky if the anime is too much light and thoughtless.

As i said, i started again S;G and it isn't boring me even tho i have already watched it, know how the story goes, and know that is 24 eps long.

As far as the titles you suggested are concerned:
Lunar legend Tsukihime is already on the list
Kara no Kyoukai just appeals me too much for the graphic reminding me of S;G
To heart has an old graphic, but i think i can still bear it

After i finish watching S;G again i will definitely go for the many Kara no Kyoukai movies. Thanks for suggesting, keep it up.
Old 2012-01-27, 05:38   Link #214
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
To heart has an old graphic, but i think i can still bear it
You would watch To Heart 2, a 2005 sequel to the second series To Heart -Remember my memories- released one year before this. It has high-quality graphics.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 15:53   Link #215
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
You would watch To Heart 2, a 2005 sequel to the second series To Heart -Remember my memories- released one year before this. It has high-quality graphics.
Actually the To Heart series is completely different to the To Heart 2 series. Or rather, according to ANN To Heart 2 is a spinoff, but IMO, they are two completely separate anime (plot/story are different for each). To Heart - Remember my memories is the sequel to To Heart, not To Heart 2. But yeah, To Heart 2 series has much better visuals of course since it's made in the 2000s.

Old 2012-01-29, 04:38   Link #216
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Was browsing another thread related to marriage romance and thought that this series also might interest you Okusama wa Joshikousei. Basically follows the life of a high school girl (with big breasts as you prefer haha) who is married to her high school teacher due to circumstances (which are good because they do love each other) day to day.

Old 2012-01-29, 08:13   Link #217
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Browsed about it, and it should do the job. Hope it will remind me of Onegai teacher, that i really loved. Thank you for suggesting this title.
Old 2012-01-29, 19:11   Link #218
HarimaHario
i eat glue

Let me know how you like Okusama wa Joshikousei. We do have similar taste in ecchi anime. (no homo)

I feel very iffy about it with all the negative reviews.
Old 2012-01-29, 21:50   Link #219
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished rewatching Steins;Gate, and it was once again beautiful. I'm amazed how it didn't bore me at all, even knowing the whole plot, instead i was able to catch some particular i wasn't able to see at first. I hope the game gets fan translated as soon as possible.

From tomorrow i'll start Kara no Kyoukai. Thanks again for your suggestions.

@Harima: ye, i'll let you know when i get to it. It looks like there is still some valid title left to watch.
Old 2012-01-30, 16:20   Link #220
Elegance

I recommend Monster, a thriller, mystery, phycological
Elegance is offline   Reply With Quote