AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-29, 11:31   Link #281
mochichan

MTE. that's kinda my expectation, it could be good, or it's so bad it's good. lol
I think the show could be targeting the large fanbase of young fans, and teen fangirls of AKB so you're probably right about the storyline targeting young girls and kids.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 12:31   Link #282
sa547
*Author

What I'll be focusing is more on the storyline, on what it takes for Nagisa to be an idol in a very rough world, but the thing is, I'd rather sit back and having fun watching, than waste time nitpicking too much.

To paraphrase Mal, "We aim to misbehave."
Old 2012-04-29, 12:59   Link #283
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 13:36   Link #284
Marina2

First ep. exceeds my expectation.

Nice animation and good background details. I like the use of 3D too.
Old 2012-04-29, 16:32   Link #285
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Episode 01 was far better than I had expected. Didn't doubt Satelight would do a good job (and th'y did great!), but was mostly concerned about the non-pro seiyuu casting.
And the girls turn out to have been really well picked. Especially Nakayan, voicing Orine, could totally pass for a full-time seiyuu. Amina in Yuuka's role was very good too.
I had more reserve about Karen. She didn't manage to pull a convincing kid-voice, but her raw tone made the end of the episode all the more enjoyable. Will see if the next episode confirms the impression or not.

Personal expectation for next week : hopefully Yagami Kumi character will appear!

Last edited by Nina.Wolken; 2012-04-29 at 19:58.
Nina.Wolken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 19:18   Link #286
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Amazing. I'm hooked. Fabulous art direction. Excellent CG. Terrific pacing. A setting/story that works (the illogicalities are nothing compared to the emotions.) Very good ED (or is that the OP?). And I thought Nagisa's seiyuu (Karen of AKB48) did great: yes, she (and others) had that flat amateur sound, but not bad, and Karen got the emotion right. Her "Mama!" was a dart to the heart. I did recommend this in my season preview, mainly because of the staff, and I'm glad to have been proved right for at least one episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
The usual databases are pretty lazy as far as updates are concerned. Ah, well...
That would mean that you and I are lazy, since places like Wikipedia and ANN get their data from fans. And ANN has a lot of staff data; at least it does today.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-04-29 at 20:23.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 20:29   Link #287
mochichan

Short OP Kibou ni Tsuite, played at the end of the first ep

I actually like it
I was expecting it to be upbeat happy music but it sound different than I thought.

Anyway I remember seeing Chirie (voiced by Mayuyu) in the opening concert scene but she's not there at the end with the other girls when they joined AKB so maybe something happened? I think it's pretty fitting Mayuyu is voicing Chirie character, who was fangirling AKB in the beginning, since she's a super idol fan herself.

I really can't wait for the other girls' story as to why they want to join AKB. Tho since they do live in that pretty tired and dark looking Earth, it sound better to be a "moe musical criminal" than work in some dumpy factory lol...
Old 2012-04-29, 22:09   Link #288
sa547
*Author

Spoiler for Delving deeper...:

Last edited by sa547; 2012-04-30 at 01:28.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 22:10   Link #289
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 22:34   Link #290
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
Spoiler for I guess...:
Old 2012-04-29, 22:47   Link #291
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
AkiP's smart plan to use anime to expand their popularity oversea since anime is known internationally + AKB is already popular enough in japan that by attaching their name to the show, they can easily gain attention without much effort. After all, I don't see alot of anime series being reported by morning news show or being showcase in Shibuya.

It's pretty smart tbh. And it can help them gain the fans with those otakus that hate AKB too. Which I just realized from reading some of the comments on Japanese stream site...someone even said "shine" D:
Otaku like their 2D and idol fans like their 3D I guess.
Old 2012-04-29, 23:34   Link #292
ET1
SUB48 editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
* sea of CG lightsticks, as seen in the Nyan-Nyan Music
Lightsticks and wota chants are pretty common in idol concerts, so they were going to appear there, in CG or in drawing.

Akimoto has mentioned in interviews that his dream is that one day every singer, actress and female personality could trace her origins back to a 48 group. That is one of the reasons for Nogizaka46, what better to control both the main idol group and its main rival group, dismissing Hello Project and other idol groups as competence?
Old 2012-04-29, 23:51   Link #293
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1 View Post
Lightsticks and wota chants are pretty common in idol concerts, so they were going to appear there, in CG or in drawing.

Akimoto has mentioned in interviews that his dream is that one day every singer, actress and female personality could trace her origins back to a 48 group. That is one of the reasons for Nogizaka46, what better to control both the main idol group and its main rival group, dismissing Hello Project and other idol groups as competence?
So N46 was to shut out anyone who can be AKB rival so the only one that can be AKB rival come from with in their family? LOL...tho honestly it's not like H!P have a chance considering their status now......
Anyway AkiP is like some mad genius.........lol...
Old 2012-04-30, 00:13   Link #294
JohnNiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
So N46 was to shut out anyone who can be AKB rival so the only one that can be AKB rival come from with in their family? LOL...tho honestly it's not like H!P have a chance considering their status now......
Anyway AkiP is like some mad genius.........lol...
That is creepy as hell, though it's not inconsistent with what little I've heard about the industry. Losing interest in watching this show.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 00:25   Link #295
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
That is creepy as hell, though it's not inconsistent with what little I've heard about the industry. Losing interest in watching this show.
What's so creepy about it?
He's being smart. It's not like the entertainment industry in any country are all nice and happy.
N46 is just rival in name but they're just another sister group.....it's just funny that no one can "beat" them beside another group from their own family.

AkiP isn't that bad honestly~ He's actually very well respected in the industry.
And even if you don't like the group, there's no reason to pass on giving the show a try.

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-04-30 at 00:38.
Old 2012-04-30, 01:01   Link #296
ET1
SUB48 editor

Wink

Similar to Johnny & Associates, who have been pretty much the only male idol factory since the eighties. I am guessing Tsunku (Morning Musume's producer) had a similar dream. Really, no matter the industry, you want to crush your opponents. Didn't Sony try that when they released the very first PlayStation? And when Microsoft released the Xbox?

One of the secrets for AKB48's success is that Akimoto is extremely good at recognizing opportunities. For example, the joint venture with Google so that the girls use Google+ instead of Twitter or Ameba Now. I would also say the amount of important girls that were below 18 and couldn't use G+ legally (Matsui Jurina and Watanabe Mayu, between many others) eventually forced Google Japan to lower the age from 18 to 13 so that they could participate as well.

Many girls wanted to be seiyuu, so why not write an anime for them? Same with the clubs, many girls wanted to learn to drive, so he got Toyota as sponsor for a new TV program where the girls try to get their driving licenses. Some wanted to learn how to draw, so they organized a drawing club and will hold an exposition with their drawings at the Tokyo Dome City Hall IIRC.

One could say ICE was a first attempt at introducing AKB48 into anime, and failed not only because the anime was bad, but because those girls might have not been as interested in being seiyuu as these ones.

I have stopped watching anime regularly several years ago, just watched the hyped ones like Fullmetal (awful), K-ON! (cute), Haruhi Suzumiya (head shattering), so I cannot say whether the production value of AKB0048 is high or not, but I start with a negative view, since I have never liked CG in anime.
Old 2012-04-30, 01:08   Link #297
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
AkiP's smart plan to use anime to expand their popularity oversea since anime is known internationally + AKB is already popular enough in japan that by attaching their name to the show, they can easily gain attention without much effort. After all, I don't see alot of anime series being reported by morning news show or being showcase in Shibuya.

It's pretty smart tbh. And it can help them gain the fans with those otakus that hate AKB too. Which I just realized from reading some of the comments on Japanese stream site...someone even said "shine" D:
Otaku like their 2D and idol fans like their 3D I guess.
Now if only this get simulcasted, we'll have a better picture of how much spread there is.
Old 2012-04-30, 01:13   Link #298
sa547
*Author

@ET1: Unfortunately, Satelite always used one form of 3DCG animation or another for most of their productions, so it has become part of their repertoire of tools (and so do many studios with the notable exception of Studio Ghibli, in which Hayao Miyazaki eschews CG completely). If they were to hand-draw everything (including rotoscoping) the production cost per episode could balloon too fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
To correct your assumptions, compared to his contemporaries -- including nebulous Johnny Kitagawa -- within the Japanese entertainment industry, Akimoto is a marketing "mad genius" in the sense that he's almost like Steve Jobs, with the ability to discover opportunities often overlooked by most showbiz moguls.

BTW, some people watching (or planning to watch) this show really have to cut their teeth first by reading up AKB49, which is a useful primer in understanding how the system works.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-04-30 at 07:21.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 01:44   Link #299
mochichan

Seriously out of all the people running Japan's idol industry. That walking rapist pedo mummy Johnny is the creepy one. AkiP is just smart at creating attention...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Now if only this get simulcasted, we'll have a better picture of how much spread there is.
MTE. AKB have their own channel. it would be nice freebie if they streamed the first ep live

oh anyone waiting for eng sub, it's already on Nyan torrent.
Old 2012-04-30, 07:02   Link #300
Dop
Mmmm....

Well, I thought I'd give the first episode a go not really expecting anything much...

...then at the end of the episode I thought "Right. I'm going to have to watch more of this, aren't I?"

It was a lot better than I'd expected. I mean, yes, vaguely ludicrous, but enjoyably so.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime