Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-21, 16:38   Link #2381
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before. i'm just confirming, in the newly translated 5.5 on BK, Tohka only lost to Ellen because her powers were mostly sealed by Shidou, right?
Just read that bit and yes I imagine so. Especially since Shidou himself brings out Sandalphon soon after.
Old 2013-04-21, 17:16   Link #2382
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Sorry if this has been asked before. i'm just confirming, in the newly translated 5.5 on BK, Tohka only lost to Ellen because her powers were mostly sealed by Shidou, right?

BTW, in volume 7 just what was DEM trying to accomplish by torturing Tohka?
Considering Origami in a piece-of-crap suit was able to severly wound Ellen, that seems likely. Also, Tohka was not only sealed but just got shot in the face with Miku's sonic boom thing.

As far as I could tell, they either did it FOR SCIENCE!!! or they wanted her to be a weapon. Didn't work out very well, though....
Old 2013-04-21, 18:31   Link #2383
sky black swordman

Thanks for the update, @Riki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_Pop View Post
Have anyone here seen the goods they've shown at the official website.
I mean wow:
Spoiler for goods:

There's also seems to be something called "Dere situation" CD they seems to be giving for those who pre order the first three volume of the blu ray/DVD. There's 3 CD, each for Tohka, Yoshino and Kotori. I've listen to the snippets to the CDs, I've got to say I really need to get them. Especially the one with Shido and Tohka, Tohka's reaction with Shido touching her hair is priceless.
Wow, indeed. Tohka !
I have to listen to that one!
Quote:

BTW, in volume 7 just what was DEM trying to accomplish by torturing Tohka?
Pretty much, it seems she can only use a small portion of her while the larger sum is still sealed in Shidou.

They want Tohka to go dark and then somehow gain control of Dark Tohka and then have Tohka use her new power to destroy the laws of the world.
Old 2013-04-21, 18:49   Link #2384
Iggy_Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
there is and guess what its included in the PS3 game's limited edition... and another edition featuring Rinne I'm sure you gusta, the one with Rinne also comes with a meido scenario with Rinne and Touka and Kotori
Damn marketing ploy, why must it be two different editions. I think I'm gonna buy the one with the meido scenario, hopefully someone will sell the Kurumi CD in Yahoo auction.
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 19:49   Link #2385
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

/kurumi fanboi mode on

This only proves Kurumi can single handedly be on equal footing with the Rinne, Touka+Kotori combo.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 01:13   Link #2386
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I'm not getting my Kurumi fix.............. T.T

Considering how close she got to first place on the popularity poll, they'd better be giving her material focus soon. And she'd better start making the Nyantype and Megami scans.
Here's your Kurumi material. Apparently it's some tapestry thing that you get from purchasing DVD/BDs through Wondergoo or something.

Spoiler:
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 07:21   Link #2387
kakeng

I'm personally just waiting for the end of volume 3 to be animated.
kakeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 07:30   Link #2388
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
Here's your Kurumi material. Apparently it's some tapestry thing that you get from purchasing DVD/BDs through Wondergoo or something.

Spoiler:
Still waiting for Kurumi onsen. You can't beat onsen.
Old 2013-04-22, 08:37   Link #2389
Iggy_Pop

I hope there's something like this for Kurumi:

Spoiler for spoiler:
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 08:48   Link #2390
Kyosuke_Nanbu

I must say that anime is an disappointment....Notmas bad as campione but close
Kyosuke_Nanbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 08:53   Link #2391
Marly
>AS

Or how about you people stop being awful and stop unironically demanding sexually pandering things involving Kurumi?
Old 2013-04-22, 08:56   Link #2392
Ultragunner

they are just desperate LOL, can't blame them though, I feel the same
Old 2013-04-22, 08:59   Link #2393
Soji

Quote:
Or how about you people stop being awful and stop unironically demanding sexually pandering things involving Kurumi?
It is not like asking the time to stop?

Quote:
from what I understand, DEM wants to learn more about spirits => control them or even artificial create one => take over the world or some evil cliche scheme..

that's what we can say for now
Namely the most common goal of the villains
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 09:11   Link #2394
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
They want Tohka to go dark and then somehow gain control of Dark Tohka and then have Tohka use her new power to destroy the laws of the world.
It's really a shame that from what's known of DEM so far, despite all the building up to it, they're really generic as far as villains go. I guess they do serve as exposition for what the Seireis actually are since there are not many known characters to dump exposition in the first place. If Westcott's motivation was even halfway interesting as Kurumi's, it'd be fine, but I think I've seen the line "destroy the laws of the world" far too many times in every shounen series ever.
Old 2013-04-22, 09:12   Link #2395
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Erm.......I'm sorry, since when was anime divorced from fanservice? I think you're the first person I've ever seen complain when people talk about fanservice images/scans. Why do you think Megami and Nyantype scans exist?.........

The Date A Live game doesn't appear to be making any attempt to change this fact either (nor should we expect it to....), so I'm not sure what you're getting upset about, what with anime already being decades into the fanservice business. It's like complaining about the "scratchy" sound velcro makes after we've been using it for half a century.

Quote:
It's really a shame that from what's known of DEM so far, despite all the building up to it, they're really generic as far as villains go. I guess they do serve as exposition for what the Seireis actually are since there are not many known characters to dump exposition in the first place. If Westcott's motivation was even halfway interesting as Kurumi's, it'd be fine, but I think I've seen the line "destroy the laws of the world" far too many times in every shounen series ever.
Well to be fair, "destroy the laws of the world" is rather vague; we don't know actually what his intentions really are. Unless we're coming up on the ending (which I doubt), we still have some time before we get the final score on Villainous Motivations.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2013-04-22 at 09:23.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 09:25   Link #2396
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Erm.......I'm sorry, since when was anime divorced from fanservice? I think you're the first person I've ever seen complain when people talk about fanservice images/scans. Why do you think Megami and Nyantype scans exist?.........
Just because something exists doesn't mean there isn't anyone who doesn't like it for existing, silly. Of course, I'm not complaining that they just exist because I don't really mind- I'm complaining because you people won't stop asking for it in this thread. It makes the already awful fanbase look even more awful.

Quote:
Well to be fair, "destroy the laws of the world" is rather vague; we don't know actually what his intentions really are.
I don't see that many ways the statement can be interpreted as, though- The obvious, but unlikely one is literally doing that, which seems extremely cliche, even for this series. The not so obvious, where it's probably done figuratively, seems to involve 'revolutionizing' the world in some manner, which is just about as cliche.
Old 2013-04-22, 09:31   Link #2397
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Just because something exists doesn't mean there isn't anyone who doesn't like it for existing, silly. Of course, I'm not complaining that they just exist because I don't really mind- I'm complaining because you people won't stop asking for it in this thread. It makes the already awful fanbase look even more awful.
And as I said, this has been going on for years already, and not just Date A Live. So.....what's the point in making a fuss about it after all this time? Are you going to start talking out against the anime makers for making all the fanservice that leads to the fans wanting it? What about all the people who go "OMG NOSEBLEED" every time they see their favorite character in lingerie in the many image threads in the forum sections above? Or the people over in the To Love Ru Darkness thread in this same section?

Complaining about this, especially now after all this time when fanservice has settled into the base of anime, just spreads a lot of unneeded negative emotion.

Quote:
I don't see that many ways the statement can be interpreted as, though- The obvious, but unlikely one is literally doing that, which seems extremely cliche, even for this series. The not so obvious, where it's probably done figuratively, seems to involve 'revolutionizing' the world in some manner, which is just about as cliche.
But you never know, they may just surprise you and hit us with an interpretation we don't expect. It's just too early to call the score.
Old 2013-04-22, 09:41   Link #2398
Marly
>AS

Quote:
And as I said, this has been going on for years already, and not just Date A Live. So.....what's the point in making a fuss about it after all this time? Are you going to start talking out against the anime makers for making all the fanservice that leads to the fans wanting it? What about all the people who go "OMG NOSEBLEED" everytime they see their favorite character in lingerie in the many imahe threads in the forum sections above? Or are the people over in the To Love Ru Darkness thread in this same section?

Complaining about this, especially now after all this time when fanservice has settled into the base of anime, just spreads a lot of unneeded negative emotion.
Let's not get melodramatic or super-defensive here about your, uh, desires. Apparently I tend to hit the sensitive spot of a lot of people here pretty frequently. Yes, fanservice is a thing in every anime ever- Do I care if it exists? Nah. But when it gets constantly brought up by the fans in a thread, it does get pretty obnoxious. Fans just 'wanting' it, and fans constantly claiming they want it in a discussion thread while going "OMG NOSEBLEED" are two completely different things.

Quote:
But you never know, they may just surprise you and hit us with an interpretation we don't expect. It's just too early to call the score.
Hence I said, "from what we've known." The series is already seven volumes in, and I find it rather silly that the motivation for the Big Bad Organization still isn't clear, much less having barely seen much of them.
Old 2013-04-22, 09:52   Link #2399
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Let's not get melodramatic or super-defensive here about your, uh, desires. Apparently I tend to hit the sensitive spot of a lot of people here pretty frequently. Yes, fanservice is a thing in every anime ever- Do I care if it exists? Nah. But when it gets constantly brought up by the fans in a thread, it does get pretty obnoxious. Fans just 'wanting' it, and fans constantly claiming they want it in a discussion thread while going "OMG NOSEBLEED" are two completely different things.
Well, until such a day that Date A Live gets its own forum section and its own seperate image thread, the fans who like the fanservice have a right to talk about it and want it. Since people can still discuss whatever discussions they want to whenever they want to in the thread, it only proves to be disruptive to rail on them for it. Nothing's stopping you from talking about the plot, and you don't have to pay attention tot he fanservice talk if you don't want to.
And the bottom line is, there's nowhere else to take it, so complaining about it just makes everybody miserable.

And yes, I do get a bit defenseive when I see somebody making a fuss about something that's been a given for years. It makes me wonder what the heck the point of it is to bring it up all of a sudden.

Quote:
Hence I said, "from what we've known." The series is already seven volumes in, and I find it rather silly that the motivation for the Big Bad Organization still isn't clear, much less having barely seen much of them.
Now that's entirely subjective to the story; we don't know how long Date A Live is supposed to be. While I'm not saying I expect it to be like 30+ volmes or even close, there's no rule or guideline for when the bad guys have to reveal their master plan. And clearly we still have a bit to go before any big final showdown.
Old 2013-04-22, 10:00   Link #2400
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Well, until such a day that Date A Live gets its own forum section and its own seperate image thread, the fans who like the fanservice have a right to talk about it and want it. Since people can still discuss whatever discussions they want to when they want to in the thread, it only proves to be disruptive to rail on them for it.
And I have every right to complain about it as much as you people have the 'right' to talk about it. I'd rather not have all the posts in this thread become "[insert character] is so kawaii! I wish I could see her in an onsen picture! xD" when I'm browsing threads for discussion. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who thinks this, but I'll be vocal about it. I tend to see the excessive fanservice demands like every page in this thread, and I'm politely asking you guys tone it down a notch. Waifu discussions are not allowed in these threads for a reason, after all.

Quote:
Now that's entirely subjective and contextual; we don't know how long Date A Live is supposed to be. Now while I'm not saying I expect it to be like 30+ volmes or even close, there's no rule or guideline for when the bad guys have to reveal their master plan.
The problem is the first impression, though. If the Big Bad Organization doesn't come off as very interesting as far as their 'vague' motives go, the audience wouldn't really care much for them since the villains that are supposed to drive the plot are just so bland.

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy