AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-04, 23:09   Link #281
ivari

What's not to like from a sci-fi marching rangers mahou shoujo anime set in a utopia?
ivari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 00:07   Link #282
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I like how Yoshino is baiting everybody into this probable piece of turd with hot char designs. It's Guilty Crown all over again. Didn't you guys learn your lesson the first time?
Because GC was fantastic regardless of the vocal minority that didn't like it. Vividred probably won't be its spiritual successor but no doubt it will be worth watching too.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 01:22   Link #283
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
I like how Yoshino is baiting everybody into this probable piece of turd with hot char designs. It's Guilty Crown all over again. Didn't you guys learn your lesson the first time?
Yes because Yoshino clearly choose the character designer of this show, oh wait that guy is also the director as well as being co-credited for series composition. I'm far from a fan of Yoshino but for better or worse this show is clearly Takamura's baby.

Also #Team Rei.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 01:39   Link #284
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
The only reason why I even hung around GC was for dat ass, mostly via Tsugumi-tan. Sadly, it didn't keep me because it wasn't enough. This anime however seems more determined!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivari View Post
What's not to like from a sci-fi marching rangers mahou shoujo anime set in a utopia?
Maybe. It could be like Mai-Hime, which I thought was Yoshino's best (if not the only one I enjoyed) original.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 02:11   Link #285
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Yes because Yoshino clearly choose the character designer of this show, oh wait that guy is also the director as well as being co-credited for series composition. I'm far from a fan of Yoshino but for better or worse this show is clearly Takamura's baby.

Also #Team Rei.
Poor choice of wording on my part. My point is people are willingly getting baited into another show scripted by Yoshino that also happens to have seductive character designs for the females.

Anyhow I find this conversation ironic because I could have sworn we were on the opposite side of this when we were discussing Yoshino's involvement in Magi. I thought there you concluded that in no case is Yoshino a good thing for a series .

Well whatever you want to believe. In any case, I don't think this show looks very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
The only reason why I even hung around GC was for dat ass, mostly via Tsugumi-tan. Sadly, it didn't keep me because it wasn't enough. This anime however seems more determined!
But this assumes that the fanservice can carry a show that actually takes itself seriously! Well at least here this show doesn't seem to, otherwise it would be dead on arrival .
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 02:16   Link #286
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Guilty Crown was hyped to be some kind of masterpiece with a serious story. I don't think this series is going to take itself that seriously, so it will be more forgiving to watch.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 02:25   Link #287
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Anyhow I find this conversation ironic because I could have sworn we were on the opposite side of this when we were discussing Yoshino's involvement in Magi. I thought there you concluded that in no case is Yoshino a good thing for a series .
How is it ironic when I say "I'm far from a Yoshino fan....", anyway I'm just saying.. if you're going to blame anyone for this show being crap (again not something I'm arguing against), blame the guy who launched the show, is the director, the character designer and co-scriptwriter. Oh yeah he also directed and did character designs for the obvious inspiration for this series in Strike Witches...

And fwiw Yoshino messed up the first 16 chapters of magi anyway... thankfully it recovered in episodes 4 and 5... it's a running joke on some sites about how he now can't stuff up the main arc because he has so much time to do it in... we'll see lol.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 02:48   Link #288
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Guilty Crown was hyped to be some kind of masterpiece with a serious story. I don't think this series is going to take itself that seriously, so it will be more forgiving to watch.
Sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
How is it ironic when I say "I'm far from a Yoshino fan....", anyway I'm just saying.. if you're going to blame anyone for this show being crap (again not something I'm arguing against), blame the guy who launched the show, is the director, the character designer and co-scriptwriter. Oh yeah he also directed and did character designs for the obvious inspiration for this series in Strike Witches...

And fwiw Yoshino messed up the first 16 chapters of magi anyway... thankfully it recovered in episodes 4 and 5... it's a running joke on some sites about how he now can't stuff up the main arc because he has so much time to do it in... we'll see lol.
Well I can't comment on him messing up Magi, but from an anime only perspective I don't see a problem personally. But I digress...

How about I blame them both? Of course director will get more of the blame by far, but to absolve him from a project with his name on it seems to be rather silly. If there are clear issues with the scripting, it can't be just the director.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 10:06   Link #289
EroKing

Images
Dengeki G
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-11-05, 11:03   Link #290
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Images
Dengeki G
While the second pic felt rehashed (remember when it used to be the first visual of the show to be shown), it still look great. The first pic above on the other hand looks splendid as well, and I liked the hairpinned Himawari. I'm really hoping for more ad-themed pinups before its start.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 16:16   Link #291
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Images
Dengeki G
as usual I love the pictures, especially the first they are cute
Old 2012-11-05, 21:11   Link #292
sky black swordman

Quote:
Images
Dengeki G
Love it.
Stretching is important.
Old 2012-11-06, 00:35   Link #293
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

It annoys me because all these pictures makes me more want to see the anime strongly its first broadcast!
Old 2012-11-06, 09:24   Link #294
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

http://t.co/rGBZ5mNK
Looks like another illustration is out, revolving Akane and Rei. However, despite the fact that the show revolves around female posteriors in hotpants, I still want the story to be really good, even though Yoshino is still here. I wish the plot will be done in a old-fashioned manner Yoshino seems to be used to write it since Mai-Hime.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-11-06, 09:41   Link #295
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Ugh, that site looks horrible on a Sankaku Complex level. I can't believe it's seriously using romaji terms like "oppai" and "pantsu" in what's supposed to be an English tabloid either.

I'm posting the new picture here for anyone who's interested:

Images
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 10:01   Link #296
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I wish the plot will be done in a old-fashioned manner Yoshino seems to be used to write it since Mai-Hime.
Uhmmm.... the plot.. now that bothers me.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 10:10   Link #297
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

By plot, which part did bother you the most, Genji ? I don't think there's something that bothers me a lot. Unless when the show failed to deliver anything, I don't think the story will be illegitimate enough.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-11-06, 15:15   Link #298
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Ugh, that site looks horrible on a Sankaku Complex level. I can't believe it's seriously using romaji terms like "oppai" and "pantsu" in what's supposed to be an English tabloid either.

I'm posting the new picture here for anyone who's interested:

Images
Didn't this guy used to be a poster here? In any case it looks like just from browsing this website a little it's dedicated to being super butthurt about popular shows being popular if they happen to have attractive female characters in them. Pretty damn hipster if you ask me. Anyway anyone that makes that huge a passing judgement on a show that is still months away from airing even if they are pretty certain how it's going to turn out isn't worth paying all that much attention to anyway in my mind. It's one thing to speculate, it's another to immediately start declaring something worse or better than another thing that actually exists already.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-11-06 at 15:26.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 19:05   Link #299
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I have to admit. That blog makes me laugh-- it's like some kind of Sankaku parody with somewhat better taste.

I said somewhat.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 07:14   Link #300
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

A few days ago, they released a bunch of pics showing the girls in magical outfits :
Images
Those suits in question, called "Palette", were probably made those girls to fight against monsters known as "Alone" (which were shown in the PV). It has the feeling of cheerleader outfits mixing with a bit of sci-fi accessories while wearing spats under their skirts. I can't wait to see which weapon they are going to use to fight against Alone.
MyAnimeList

Tags
action, bishoujo, comedy, ecchi, science fiction