AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 30 40.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 29.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 10.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 9.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.05%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.35%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-19, 22:16   Link #201
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
i disagree
from what i can see kotonoha is clearly in love with makoto to the point shes beating herself up with her own confusion as to why makoto is spending less time with her and more with sekai ~ its a possiblility that she is just looking for friends but in all case why makoto? i see taisuke wanting to be friends with her but kotonoha is only interested in makoto (because she loves him)
l
Im inclined to agree with Deathkillz on this one. Although it has not outright been said there has been enough evidence and internal mono logs with Koto to deduce that she is in love with Itou (as much as i hate to admit it) Koto is too the point where she is believes that there must be something wrong with her or she is not trying hard enough, which is why Itou is not spending time with her. Again as DK stated its possible she is just lonely but if that was the case anyone would do including Taisuke but she turned him down. Also, if she just wanted friends why would she pick a guy. She has no experience with guys so i find it hard to believe that she would pick one. No everything she has being doing saying and thinking points to her being in love. That and at Itous door she said that she would always be his girlfriend you dont say something like that if you just like someone
Old 2007-08-19, 22:35   Link #202
Echoes

It is possible that she's only deluding herself, though. Since this is her first relationship I don't think she really knows if she loves him or not, she just feels very attached to him, because he's basically all she's got at the moment, and losing him would put her back at the no-social-interaction-what-so-ever stage.

She might very well really love him too, of course, in which case I still claim that it's more out of desperation than out of actual affection for his characteristics.
Old 2007-08-20, 10:43   Link #203
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
It is possible that she's only deluding herself, though. Since this is her first relationship I don't think she really knows if she loves him or not, she just feels very attached to him, because he's basically all she's got at the moment, and losing him would put her back at the no-social-interaction-what-so-ever stage.

She might very well really love him too, of course, in which case I still claim that it's more out of desperation than out of actual affection for his characteristics.
Thats true too Im sure whatever she is feeling is what SHE might consider to be love after all love can have different meaning from person to person. But honestly at that stage in life how much did any of us know about love?

I have no doubt that there are deep rooted feelings there. But being her first relastionship and it ending up so badly. This expereince may shatter whatever fantasy she had about love and relationships. But im still hoping for a good ending and not some type of tragic one. After all this is life after high school its not the final stop in life
Old 2007-08-20, 10:54   Link #204
Akabane_Kun
The no ending cycle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I have no doubt that there are deep rooted feelings there. But being her first relastionship and it ending up so badly. This expereince may shatter whatever fantasy she had about love and relationships. But im still hoping for a good ending and not some type of tragic one. After all this is life after high school its not the final stop in life
Thats easy koto just have to crap on makoto and starts dating other guys that respect her for what she is, and make makoto realize how stupid he was to make a girl like her escape
Old 2007-08-20, 11:06   Link #205
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akabane_Kun View Post
Thats easy koto just have to crap on makoto and starts dating other guys that respect her for what she is, and make makoto realize how stupid he was to make a girl like her escape
Thats assuming he even cares. But lets say he does there is nothing like watching something that use to be yours go to someone else. Itouk jealousy meter would jump from prick to stalker in a heartbeat.

please if us males take anything away from School Days avoid the syndrome know as Matoko-osis
Old 2007-08-20, 13:03   Link #206
rg4619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akabane_Kun View Post
In the world of School Days, I'm not sure if other guys are any better
Old 2007-08-20, 17:59   Link #207
flashmagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
In the world of School Days, I'm not sure if other guys are any better
hell, anyone is better than makoto.
Old 2007-08-20, 19:28   Link #208
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Taisuke...well, no game spoilers. But he has the -potential- for me to want him to die in a fire.
Old 2007-08-20, 19:46   Link #209
jellyunicorn123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I don't think Kotonoha loves Makoto at all. She probably cares less for him (in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship) than Sekai. All Kotonoha really wants is a good friend/ally in school to escape from the loneliness. That is her motivator. Of course, she probably won't admit this to herself and deluded herself into thinking she actually cares about Makoto.

I mean, just look at how they met. She saw that Makoto was always with her on the train and started to like him, without having talked to him even once. A lot of people say it's because Makoto is supposedly good looking, but I really don't think that's it. He isn't designed as the typical good looking character, nor is he a smooth talker. The only reason I can think of for this attraction is that Kotonoha liked the feeling of "non-threatening companionship" (Makoto, who's from the same grade, is always there with her, but doesn't try to hit on her because he's shy). Of course, she eventually had to give up some ground when she realizes there are certain things she must do in order to keep him interested in her (thus stay as her friend/ally).

Basically, Kotonoha's motivation for the relationship is much more about herself than about Makoto.

There are also a few things to support the idea in this episode (her outburst at Taisuke, the fact she gets mad at Sekai but not Makoto), but I want to see what happens in the next episode before I say anything else.
I really agree with you here. Kotonoha would have stayed the same as in episode one if makoto wasn't there by her side. Makoto gives her strength and confident and we see that clearly as each episode progresses. She was confident enough to talk back to the bullies in her class ONLY because she has a boyfriend. She's using Makoto as a crutch and knowing her crutch has been taken..she's freakin out beacuse without it she'll be in an even worst situation than before. Therefore, i'm betting on she will use her body as a reason to get Makoto back.

She really should have gotten mad at makoto and slapped him, rather than Sekai. I can see why she dislike Sekai, but she shouldn't jump into conclusion without analyzing all the evidence first.

I also agree that it's not love Kotonoha is feeling here. Maybe dependency is a better word? I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time she's gotta an offer to be someone gf. And she is smarter than she looks. If Sekai wasn't here, i bet Makoto would dump her by now.
Old 2007-08-23, 00:29   Link #210
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Well this episode accomplished several things. First of all I am a Sekai fan but I had to feel sorry for Kotonoha. Second of all I usually try to understand Makoto's actions by appealing to his inexperience, but when she tried to go after Koitonoba just because she's "wet," I'm going to lean more towards how he's an idiot. Third of all, the slap made sense to me, which means I am not okay with Sekai's actions when I usually argued for Sekai. Overall pretty good episode, 9/10.
Old 2007-09-16, 16:48   Link #211
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Festival Eve

Well, the subs are getting quite lagged behind the episodes broadcast since the week that's about to start wil be airing the final episode. Anyways, this is getting more depressing and chaotic by the minute.

In this episode Sekai and Kotonoha are severely getting hurt thanks to Makoto.
Spoiler:
Closed Thread