AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 10 17.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 16.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 21.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 25.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.57%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-01-18, 00:00   Link #81
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Ah righty o, studnets gone bad. got it now.
It always slips my mind that there are older students, I'm always thinking everything is really new and its justt eh current gen of kids are espers.
Just the way the series makes me feel on that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
Kuroko and Mikoto both know Kongo did no better against Jufuku than Saten and is generally more talk than substance [She didn't react well when Mikoto started shooting into the swimming pool and there was her having to eat her words over curry]. From what they know of her despite her combat useful talent Kongo is less useful in a surprise situation than Saten and they know she's not exactly short on overconfidence.
Not exactly what I was questioning about but even so don't think Kongou is that incompetent, yea sure enough she may be overconfident but in that case she would have beaten some of them punks by herself before being overpowered.
Kuroko says it herself, that bunch of lvl 0 bums couldn't take on a lvl 4.
Fact here is a lvl 4 esper's power didn't work properly and I'd have to guess that that really doesn't happen under such small circumstances.
Surely thats gotta raise a few eyebrows.
Old 2010-01-18, 02:35   Link #82
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I thought entry to the city is supposed to be pretty tight but then I guess you could say there are gonna be holes somewhere but I still find it hard that all these bums manage to make it in to the city and not organized crime instead.
They do, where do you think the guns came from? They don't exactly sell those in convenience stores.

And plenty of mages seem to have no problems getting in or out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
...or start carrying earplugs.
That won't help much, the sound affects the brain, meaning it probably goes straight through the skull. Hence Kuroko's 'a sound inside in my head.'
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 04:47   Link #83
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Meh, is all I have to say for this. That end fight scene would've been kinda cool if Big Spider guy didn't do that lame cheesy "disarm the guy with the gun, like it's nothing" stunt.

And I just loled how they don't have the guts to show what would actually happen to that unfortunate lone girl.

But this looks to be interesting seeing as how we're going to get more character depth with Konori-senpai.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 09:03   Link #84
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
And I just loled how they don't have the guts to show what would actually happen to that unfortunate lone girl.
That's a doujin hook I reckon.
Old 2010-01-18, 09:33   Link #85
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
That won't help much, the sound affects the brain, meaning it probably goes straight through the skull. Hence Kuroko's 'a sound inside in my head.'
What, so you've never gotten a song stuck in your head before?
Old 2010-01-18, 12:54   Link #86
Ashaman

Quote:
I'd rather not think about it, so in my mind Touma rescued her out of nowhere and added her to the harem. It sounds like something he would do any way.

It was a good episode all round, and shows realistic discrimination between normal people and Espers. Or is it predjudice, I'm not sure.

Misaka was put in a bad situation too. I think even with the noise she could have beaten them, but wouldn't be able to ensure their lives. Lucky that guy showed up.

Heh heh, Moo.
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 01:16   Link #87
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Oh they probably just left her crying there on the wall.

I mean those guys really wouldn't do such a thing now would they? I mean they must've done something already to make her cry in the first place.

Seriously though, you'd think that with such an advanced city with an advanced monitoring system they'd be able to track these thugs and act accordingly.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 02:18   Link #88
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Seriously though, you'd think that with such an advanced city with an advanced monitoring system they'd be able to track these thugs and act accordingly.
Their Cameras have blind spot areas, and it's not like those thugs choose open places to attack.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 02:25   Link #89
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

And security protocols in District 10 are non-existent.

The trash-can-cum-police robots are screwed up.
All cameras no longer work.
There are no Anti-Skill or Judgment units in sight.

Railgun pretty much exposes many secrets of Academy City that Touma wouldn't really care about.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 02:47   Link #90
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

IIRC, district 10 is practically the "dark" district of Academy City. It's full of experimentation facilities and other less desirable facilities. It's also where the reformatory and Academy City's only graveyard are located. It's no surprise that the security is not as ideal there.

And besides, Skill-Out is known to use different methods to evade the City's surveillance systems.
cubicjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 13:58   Link #91
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Cough ... maybe Kurozuma saved her like he did with the other girls.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 15:01   Link #92
ReddyRedWolf

Kurozuma pointed out he protected a girl as flat as Mikoto and Kuroko before. Boy is he in for a surprise as she isn't flat anymore.

Spoiler for Mikoto's interests:

The two criteria for Mikoto to get at least inetrested is One you are a level 0, Two you are a badass passing through ally of justice.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 15:31   Link #93
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Kurozuma pointed out he protected a girl as flat as Mikoto and Kuroko before. Boy is he in for a surprise as she isn't flat anymore.

Spoiler for Mikoto's interests:

The two criteria for Mikoto to get at least inetrested is One you are a level 0, Two you are a badass passing through ally of justice.
Good point, but althought Touma said he is a level 0, Mikoto doesn't believes(or refuses to) he is a level 0.

BTW I wonder where is going Railgun at this pace.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 16:10   Link #94
Avegaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Oh yeeeah, that one, I hope to see how this turns up in Episode 16, but it makes you wonder if Mii applied "Breast Upper" somewhere that it all became too much?
*bricked*

I loved the scene that came after that image you posted... damn poor Kuroko... xD
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 16:34   Link #95
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Someone posted before Mii was drinking the milk during the swimsuit ep, I guess she drinks alot of it and it actually does work
Old 2010-01-19, 18:01   Link #96
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
And security protocols in District 10 are non-existent.

The trash-can-cum-police robots are screwed up.
All cameras no longer work.
There are no Anti-Skill or Judgment units in sight.

Railgun pretty much exposes many secrets of Academy City that Touma wouldn't really care about.
Hmmm not a really good answer.

Skill-out moves into the city to attack civilians, security should be available there to start off with. I'm quite positive that they aren't luring civilians into District 10 to begin with.

When Shirai was tracking down that invisible girl they were able to use the cameras to track her pretty well.

Then again, as one bully noted, anti-skill/judgement units seem to always arrive late at the scene of crime.
Old 2010-01-19, 20:12   Link #97
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The chase with Miho occured in District 7 or somewhere else, but I'm certain it's not 10.

I definitely agree with cubicjack; I think District 10 of Academy City is like the Rukongai of Bleach; a place where the law has loosened its grip on the people and/or the lawbringers no longer give a damn about them.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 21:34   Link #98
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
The chase with Miho occured in District 7 or somewhere else, but I'm certain it's not 10.

I definitely agree with cubicjack; I think District 10 of Academy City is like the Rukongai of Bleach; a place where the law has loosened its grip on the people and/or the lawbringers no longer give a damn about them.
Yet they have no problem letting them into other Districts to cause problems?
Old 2010-01-20, 00:47   Link #99
Echoes

Quote:
Meh, is all I have to say for this. That end fight scene would've been kinda cool if Big Spider guy didn't do that lame cheesy "disarm the guy with the gun, like it's nothing" stunt.
My thoughts exactly. I gave this show too much credit, I thought they'd actually do something clever with it, since they've impressed me thus far, but that scene was a major disppointment.

Still a good episode, though, there was a lot of excitement and this arc isn't half-bad.
Old 2010-01-20, 07:28   Link #100
Joe_fh

I'm a bit confused....in the first arc they avoided every single opportunity to connect Index to Railgun like the plague and now they put Index and Touma in the OP? That's just wiered.
This anime also took quite the turn if you ask me. In the first arc everything was toned down for the most part but now we see a something that moved away from that image a lot and is way "darker" if you will. Yet the were still unwilling to show just how dark it was.

But at a later point it seemed they only beat up the ability users. Of course beating up someone isn't a small thing especially since most of the victims are kids but at one point wouldn't the ability users get mad organaise groups of their own and go kick those guys' buts? Looks like a stupid thing to do on the criminals' part if you ask me. This makes me think someone tood advantage of their mental state and told them to do it.

Either way I think it's pretty clear what's going to happen in the next few episodes...next episode they'll help the spider guy take back control of the organization and they'll tell us more about the past. After that is done in the next few episodes they'll be searching for the people that provided the Skill outs with the equipment...adn at that point they'll probably call in Kiyama to help them counter the effects of the Capacity down thingie. After that they'll go after the people at the top of the "evil" organization...or something like that.

Well it was a great episode compared to many in the series so far but I wouldn't say the best. This ark and the previous one have a really similar setting though. They both deal with level 0s' problems (and how people learned from their mistakes) and something that either powers ability users up or powers them down and in both cases they use sound to do it.

It's a good thing that the author is helping the studio with ideas and plot or I think we would be watching something way more similar to episode 2 and 3 right now. I would have loved to see the Sister's ark animated but that arc is focused only on Misaka whereas the anime is focused on the lives of the four girls and JC did a lot to show that that's their primary focus. So even if the mangaka could have as easily helped them animate the other arc they decided to do this since it fits well at this point.

On another note that Capacity down thingie seriously looks like a mass produced portable area of effect weapon which even though can't actually negatete anything unlike the IB looks more dangerous since you don't need contact to use it and it affects multiple people at the same time. Coupled with something like a simple gun it makes ability users completely powerless. Ain't it a bit overpowered? Of courese it doesn't work at all against Magic users which sort of makes it usless outside Academy city...

The animation in the OP is really great but I liked the old OP song better. With minor changes the old song would fit great in the new OP animation. You can even try it yourself. The new song is still good and maybe I'll like it more after a few episodes. The ED animation is very similar to the previous one and I like it better than the previous one.
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote