AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 25 34.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 28.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 28.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.37%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-21, 20:08   Link #21
Alhazred

On top of that...
Spoiler for Skipped Light Novel Material:
Old 2013-03-21, 20:08   Link #22
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

I don't really see Kate as the type of person who would be unwilling to help Kodaka and the rest of the club purely for the sake of getting closer to the former. At the very least, she would want to keep the club alive for Maria's sake. Furthermore, whether or not dissolving the club would bring her closer to Kodaka is questionable.

Besides, even if Kate were to say no, Kodaka didn't even ask. It is a possible solution that there was no harm in exploring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
On top of that...
Spoiler for Skipped Light Novel Material:
Fair enough.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

Old 2013-03-21, 20:18   Link #23
potchip

In fact Kodaka and Yozora's connection came about from forced intervention by Yozora - Kodaka initially did not want her help, she intervened on her own accord and they actually fought each other first THEN teamed up on the other kids. So in many ways this explains to opening up a relationship to Kodaka takes some special intervention that short circuits his usual defense. What Rika is trying to do but she's not being forceful enough and instead drove Kodaka into a corner.
Old 2013-03-21, 20:21   Link #24
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Kate would have answered "No!". Think about it, besides the fact that Kate seems to be lazy kind of person, if the club is dissolved Kate's chances of being alone with Kodaka increase and she decreases her opponents access to Kodaka.
wht "type of sister" is that who want love a man?????????O.o besides jesus???.

well let's see what the "kodaka" defenders gonna say now, who he was right in run, like i coward, he just want friends and bla bla bla, who what is more fun who he not run only from her but also from the club, based on the previews looks like he gonna try to join the stundent concil and start to rise "flags" with the president chicken, hmmm really a typically "coward" MC, (let me run and rises new flags with new chickens i need more "harem")

well for rikka, yozora and senna i give 10/10 in this episode, in kodaka he already close to -10/0, the worst Harem MC of all times, he aimming hard for this.
Old 2013-03-21, 20:26   Link #25
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
An episode where Rika, Sena, AND Yozora being awesome in the same episode WITHOUT other members getting screwed over is seriously impressive =03. I give it an extra point just for that. Yozora quivering was really cute, but I certainly felt bad for her and my feelings still stand. But Kodaka.... man, so disappointed, so very, very disappointed . Not even considering her feelings at all like that. Y'know, I always thought Kodaka did what needed to be done when things got way way out of hand, and saw him as at least a bit dependable, which is all the more reason why I'm so disappointed by this. I REALLY hope that there's an explanation as to why he's so opposed to the idea that he'd completely ignore her like that. I thought his only issue was other people's perceptions that he was a scary delinquent, but otherwise was capable of normal conversation and would have no problem making friends.

Old 2013-03-21, 20:29   Link #26
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
wht "type of sister" is that who want love a man?????????O.o besides jesus???.

well let's see what the "kodaka" defenders gonna say now, who he was right in run, like i coward, he just want friends and bla bla bla, who what is more fun who he not run only from her but also from the club, based on the previews looks like he gonna try to join the stundent concil and start to rise "flags" with the president chicken, hmmm really a typically "coward" MC, (let me run and rises new flags with new chickens i need more "harem")

well for rikka, yozora and senna i give 10/10 in this episode, in kodaka he already close to -10/0, the worst Harem MC of all times, he aimming hard for this.
Do you think Kodaka is worse than Makoto Itou?
Old 2013-03-21, 20:31   Link #27
Alhazred

<shrug> So Kodaka (and Kobato) is incapable of dealing with intimacy and is happy with just having his cake but is terrified of trying to eat it too, since he might lose it. For any other harem MC these things would just be incidental points that preserve the harem. For Kodaka, they are a large part of the reason he's even part of the harem - he has issues, just like everyone else in the Neighbors Club. His inability to deal with them just seems magnified because if he fails the club will implode, but that doesn't necessarily make his issues worse than Sena or Yozora's.
Old 2013-03-21, 20:55   Link #28
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Do you think Kodaka is worse than Makoto Itou?
well maybe at last makoto not "run" from the girls like him :P, well in the end MCs like him or makoto are the reason who i hate this type fo harem animes/mangas, the only one i really like are the only totally focused on comedy like kore wa zombie desu ka or sora no otoshimono, harems where the focus are the MC just go wild raising flags with the world for the sake of ecchi and fanservice are the worst for me.

i really liked haganai from the beginner while the focus was more on comedy and kodaka was "fake dense"(i even als hate this type of Mc but sometimes for the sake of comedy i can accept), but after all that crap throwed, i really hate him and get a little upste with this anime/LN.

I really wish him dont end with any girl or ever having friends he dont deserves this after this.
Old 2013-03-21, 21:00   Link #29
Maxtro

Jealous.

Would be great to swap with Kodaka.
Old 2013-03-21, 21:04   Link #30
Pen3

For some reason the next ep preview looks like he left the neighbors club and joins the student council.
Old 2013-03-21, 21:08   Link #31
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Kate would have answered "No!". Think about it, besides the fact that Kate seems to be lazy kind of person, if the club is dissolved Kate's chances of being alone with Kodaka increase and she decreases her opponents access to Kodaka.
Kate would have said yes since she would have a reason to hang around him without anyone getting suspicious. (moderator has to be in the club room)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
For some reason the next ep preview looks like he left the neighbors club and joins the student council.
Well since someone brought it up now (note theory)

Spoiler for My interpretation of the preview at end of the episode:

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-03-21, 21:12   Link #32
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I trembled.
I screamed without a sound coming out of my mouth.
I could feel tears in my eyes.

Kodaka, kudos to you. You have made me rage after a long time.

Now, you have my permission to die.

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-03-21, 21:18   Link #33
Miraluka
Banned

What the.!??!?!

Marcus H. never raged before!!

I wonder if the studio will pull a Shana S2's ending with Kodaka leaving the club .
Old 2013-03-21, 21:19   Link #34
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Apparently this issue is very serious business now that we have goddamn death threats towards the main character.

This is one reason why romance is a parasite.
Old 2013-03-21, 21:26   Link #35
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
What the.!??!?!

Marcus H. never raged before!!
IIRC.

Quote:
I wonder if the studio will pull a Shana S2's ending with Kodaka leaving the club .
Now that you've reminded me, there's a real good chance that the series may end that way.
I could even imagine the lines that Kodaka would say.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-03-21, 21:44   Link #36
novalysis

Strangely, the whole confession scene just simply flew past me- probably, because it was just so fast. Strangely, I don't feel the same way when reading the very same confession scene in the LN.
Old 2013-03-21, 21:49   Link #37
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Oh wow. This episode was just awful in both writing and direction. The Yusa character appears late in the series with no apparent reason and now is threatening the club out of the blue. What was under Rikka's pillow? Yaoi hole? Seriously? Sena just confesses for no reason even after they had agreed to ignore their engagement? This episode may seem just a crazy episode to others but to me it was really badly done.
It's just following the LN...of course, trying to cram the whole Vol. 8 into this and next episode just doesn't help...

Not to mention, just wait until the final episode...

But yes, that's one of the most weird confession ever. But then, it's Rinjinbu...

For the episode itself...
1. Cut out way too much in the "bedroom scene"...well, at least basically all the funny part.
2. Guess no "Friends Game DX" (Whatever it's call), one of the highlight of Vol. 8 outside of the end and the confession. Oh well, it's a good OVA...
3. Will really see how they wrap this season up. Ends as-is at Vol. 8? Follow rest of Vol. 8 then have an original ending?
4. And what's with the hate of Aoi? She's kawaii and is Kodaka's true end <- I'm making this up of course...
Old 2013-03-21, 21:59   Link #38
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

A lot of material of the Light Novel was skipped out in the anime. I know that when it comes to Novel base anime, the anime most likely could never provide as much detail as the Light Novel. Still, there is a fine line between compromising the material of the Light Novel and the anime to at least not allow confusion and allow the audience to at least grasp a sense of the situation, and then there is just adding bits and pieces of the Light Novel to the anime and hope for the best. I know it is just business, but sooner or later, anime base on Light Novels are going to die out if too much detail of the Light Novel are left out in the anime.
Old 2013-03-21, 22:26   Link #39
finalfury
Incognito

Kodaka, this is all I have to say:
Old 2013-03-21, 22:49   Link #40
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Apparently this issue is very serious business now that we have goddamn death threats towards the main character.

This is one reason why romance is a parasite.
I don't have any problems with anything posted in this thread (Marcus' post was funny, and it wasn't a death threat so much as a death permission slip ), but I wouldn't say that romance is a bad thing just because anime fans are completely unable to handle things they dislike with any amount of maturity. I'm reminded of the way so many people griped after the second episode of Mirai Nikki because Yuuki was left scared and whimpering in front of Eyepatch Girl. You know, completely unlike your average middle school child that wouldn't be scared shitless when attacked by a much older, much stronger, heavily-armed psychotic terrorist. If anime writers were to omit story elements to avoid igniting the wrath of online ragetards, well... the only thing they could do would be to avoid creating an anime to begin with, honestly, considering how astronomically grumpy and impossible to please much of the online anime fandom is.
Closed Thread