AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-19, 15:05   Link #241
lavielove

I think I'm kind of squre type in here coz I prefer tragic ending rather than happily ever after. If this anime is ended with tragety, the anime itself will be more memorable.I do really think that the last cap that is used to shown in the ed was just an Rika's imagination before she is surfing upstair.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-20, 15:58   Link #242
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

I really want to know... what happens in the last episode.

In the current direction of episode 5, those final words from natsume-sensei didn't sound too promising. I mean, in comparison to the last volume, there seems to be a bit of contrast.

After hearing his words, I fear for the worse of Rika .
ForeverGoNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-20, 16:19   Link #243
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

After ep 5, I hate Misako more than that doc. Imagine that...

Bring on my happy ending please
Or bring whatever, just make it decent.
Old 2006-02-20, 16:22   Link #244
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I can't blame Misako. She was just playing. She didn't realize the situation and thought she and Yuuichi were just kindred spirits yearning to get away from the small town and have a real life. It was irresponsible, but human.

After Akiko left, she was on the ground laughing/crying. It was a combination of both: laughing over there at least being something interesting happening; crying over the disaster of her life. Evidently, her modelling career in Tokyo wasn't going that well, or she would have found a way to stay there.

And now that I see the background, although I can't really forgive Natsume-sensei for his cruelty, I can at least understand where it's coming from.

These unusual characters help make this show something special.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-20, 22:54   Link #245
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

With Misako, it was stated earlier that she's had some problems and I don't really detest her for what she's done to Yuuichi because she's been through alot. It's also part of Yuuichi's fault because of the fact that he percieved Misako to actually be Rika. I don't know exactly why, maybe a weak mind perhaps, or he thinks of the current situation, his desires for Rika can actually come true.

You can see that through Yuuichi's eyes, he sees Misako as Rika and well, you get the idea from there.

As for Natsume, yeah.. it's pretty well understood that we all hate him. His wife died from a similar heart condition and yet while his wife was suffering, he has an affair. Guys like that make me really disgusted. It gives us a bad name. Not only this, he kicks around Yuuichi like a hackysack and wants Rika all to himself.

What a dick.
Old 2006-02-21, 02:31   Link #246
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverGoNe
As for Natsume, yeah.. it's pretty well understood that we all hate him. His wife died from a similar heart condition and yet while his wife was suffering, he has an affair. Guys like that make me really disgusted. It gives us a bad name. Not only this, he kicks around Yuuichi like a hackysack and wants Rika all to himself.

What a dick.
I don't think Natsume wants Rika for himself. It's more a case of him not wanting Yuuichi to have the same experience he did. He probably sees himself in Yuuichi, and his wife in Rika. They may also remind Natsume of his inability to do anything to save his wife, which could further contribute to the way he treats Yuuichi. Not that it excuses him for being a dick, though it is understandable.

It's a shame this series is only 6 episodes. It's my favorite of the year so far.
Old 2006-02-21, 02:55   Link #247
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
>_> I'm catching up to this series, and I'm rather fearful because some small part of me wants this to be Narcissu all over again.
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 22:47   Link #248
Kawool
地獄女

Send a message via MSN to Kawool
ok we have just released the last ep ..and i think the ending they chose was the best option
Spoiler:

man i just loved that series
Kawool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 23:03   Link #249
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

awww i love happy endings, except for the fact that rika is going to die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverGoNe

What a dick.
well said well said *thumbs up* kinda feel bad for him though, b/c of the wife thing, but the affair just--ill stop, just b/c FGoNe already said basically everything i need to say
kira_lacusXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 01:52   Link #250
lavielove

I didn't read any posts today geee.... I want I want.. later come and update here =D
Now I'm getting it
Old 2006-02-25, 04:02   Link #251
Jehuty

Personally I can't bring myself to hate Misako. She thought she had found a kindred spirit in Yuuichi, and although it seemed she was just trying to play the 'slutty' part, I think she just wanted someone she could relate with and feel comforted. She didn't know Yuuichi's situation, so it's not like she was trying to brak them up. So, while I don't agree with what she did, I don't think she should be scorned because of it.

"A shining grin full of hope... Or a somber silence struggling with fear behind a fake, albeit full, smile. Which of these reflections do you see in the mirror?"

I just think that quote fits best for that situation.

As for Natsume, hmmm. I don't know if I can hate him. Yuuichi would have fallen into what Natsume had - a lustful affair that, in reality, wasn't about lust or love - but about wanting to escape that which hurts you more than anything. Natsume did the wrong thing as well, but it doesn't mean he was a bad guy or a villian - no one is in this anime.

Everyone walks a fine thread between being someone who is simply in pain and wants to escape it, or being someone who can be characterized as "evil" or "villian".

Human emotions are so complicated that we often act irrationally - we do stupid things that we may end up regretting later. Natsume was a man who felt he could not help the one he loved - he wanted her to live, to have a full life and be happy, but those hands of his could not save her. Those hands of his could not make her live longer. He felt frustrated and angry, and he saw himself in Yuuichi.

The difference was that Yuuichi provided Rika with a reason to live, a reason to smile every day and look foward to the next morning. He did what Natsume could not: He did the best he could to enjoy his time with the one he loves.

Spoiler:

I guess the anime touched a soft spot in me because I know what it's like to live with someone you love (though not romantically) who may die the next day due to an illness. It's hard to be with a person like that because the more you look at them, the more you see them smile or sad or angry, the more you know you will miss them when they pass on. It's painful, but sweet. It can teach you to appreciate those close to you more, it can teach you to appreciate life more because it's so frail.

Sorry, I'm rambling.

[EDIT] By the way, who does Natsume's voice? I keep imagining Takashi Sorimachi (from Great Teacher Onizuka live action series). He has a good voice. I like his voice.
Jehuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 08:13   Link #252
lavielove

I really appreciate this series.It ended with the way it should be. Honestly, I didn't expected this kind of ending last week. The way the anime illustrated a real love is astonishing. My favourite anime of this year will go to Hantsuki too.

The last scene where Yuiichi and Rika kissing each other was not so poety. Left me unsatisfied.So fast,so so freaking fast!

Natsume and Yuiichi is totally different. Natsume didn't know that his wife would had died from the heart attack. No wonder that he didn't want Yuiichi to suffer like he was before.He's a decent doctor anyway.
Old 2006-02-25, 08:27   Link #253
Ryusei

Aaaah the end at last....i have to admit this was much awaited...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ryusei; 2006-02-25 at 09:04.
Ryusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 10:22   Link #254
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Nothing wrong with Misako. I'd love it if a hot older woman wanted to get it on.
Old 2006-02-25, 10:45   Link #255
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
A cute series with an ending that allows for the possibility of some happiness.
Very nice.
aliensporebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 11:03   Link #256
Forever
Revealing the truth

Great ending to an excellent series. Certainly one of the best anime i seen this year and maybe ever!

Although I wanted a happy ever after ending, I guess a happy ending ending will suffice.

I also dont mind a kiss at the end. It seems like a mandatory ending scene for this type of anime. After all they went through, the decision to kiss must have been the most easiest already.

Everyone dies anyway. So its better to die earlier and happy than later and unsatisfied.
Old 2006-02-25, 11:25   Link #257
Buwoy

Was it the same ending as the one in the novel? I seem to recall reading something different a few spoilers back
Buwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 11:29   Link #258
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I was expecting a bitter-sweet ending, and I have to say this was even sweeter that I thougt ^^

At least the series has shown the guts to deal with reality, even when it's hard to face. I prefere a sad but close to reality storytelling, than an happy miracolous one.

Nice ending, I agree with "the kiss was natural". While for the sensation of rushing things off, I've seen much worse rush-off than this one, which hence I consider good

Great characters, even Natsume despite his hard surface had an important role for the show. I was guessing this even earlier, though the hints seemed to bring him as a love opponent for Yuuichi. This doesn't mean I forgive his behaviour, but there so many scars in his past (for his fault, but also not) that I think that at least in a minimum percentage is possible to sympathize with him.

The series then, shone also for musics (heartwarming Ending Theme, and wonderful OP too), and voice acting: Takahashi Mikako was great for Rika, as well as Kenichi Suzumura for Yuuichi. Also the nurse was excellent, while Natsume's voice was fitting the character very well.

Overall a little gem of a series. Really. Original setting and original narration. 2006 is being generous of good shows, so far.

As always, I put my overall rate when commenting a finished series, and for Hantsuki it is a 9.3/10 (animation:8 - sound: 10 - story: 9 - characters: 9 - value: 10 - enjoyment: 10).
Old 2006-02-25, 11:34   Link #259
Buwoy

Checked a few pages back, and the summary was different. I wonder if they'll have and OVA for the last chapter of the novel
Buwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 11:59   Link #260
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

I loved it, the ending and everything about it.

The fact that it didn't end with a mellow ending makes it all worthwhile. I liked how the situation between Rika and Ezaki played out. All the mushy parts made me cover my eyes but hehe, damn this is the shiz~!

Although we are left knowing that Rika is to die, she's going to die happily spending it beside the person she likes and I think there was no better way that this could've ended in fact.

Very nicely done ending to a very exquisite series.

Tags
drama, romance, shounen