AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-01-14, 00:49   Link #13181
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

After a string of horrible games in the 59 16 I decided to rage free XP past it. I'm finding it a little annoying that the Chinese light tanks don't have the same crew set up as the Type 64 but the tanks themselves are great.

Despite my low expectations going into this line the WZ-131 is quickly becoming my favourite light tank. I'm really starting to value alpha damage on my light tanks since I so rarely sit still long enough to make the most of my DPM. I was really worried about the lack of gun depression but for some reason it doesn't bother me as much on light tanks as other types.

I also randomly made my own clan over on the Asia server but apparently I should've done my research because I wasn't expecting it to cost 500g to change the emblem.
Old 2015-01-15, 13:59   Link #13182
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desu View Post
I also randomly made my own clan over on the Asia server but apparently I should've done my research because I wasn't expecting it to cost 500g to change the emblem.
If it is just one pic with minor mistakes, they are more than likely change it for you free of charge.

My WoWP decal for example, they re-uploaded a fixed version without hassle.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 11:52   Link #13183
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Ok, personal missions went live as for yesterday. So far, I've been able to complete a few, but teams are just retarded and I've not able to go so far...

Also, some missions seems bugged, cause its not marking completed even if you fullfil the objectives.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 11:58   Link #13184
Gravitas Free Zone

Some reports suggest that a few missions are either bugged or have overprecise completion requirements (I'd heard that "kill 3 enemies while platooned" meant you had to get one kill per platoonmember and no more). One of the crits missions required damage to a crewmember or internal module, not just tracks or periscopes, but that wasn't made clear.

I've had a few infuriating situations where it turned out that I completed the requirements for some other mission in a set when I was trying to do something entirely different.

The main issue with everyone trying to achievement grind in a pub game is that it turns into 30 people simultaneously trying to do different (and occasionally stupid) things and not all of them need to actually win the game to do it. Or, why I shot a hauling-ass 2 HP T71 with a freakin' 203mm B-4 round (from my Schoolbus) when there was a full-HP Black Prince just sitting near it not moving. At least I hit the thing and the team won anyway...
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 12:02   Link #13185
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well, the "Damage crew member or internal module" TD mission was impossible to finish it in the Nashorn after 4 battles, even if in the after battle report I had broken so many modules (I even lighted on fire a couple of enemies during the session).
I just gave up with it and went with the SU-122-44 to relieve some stressfarm credits and guess what: It completed the mission on the first try by blowing up an enemy track.
Old 2015-01-16, 14:11   Link #13186
Tak

I don't know if I want to complete personal missions just so I can grab women crews, especially since you can already change the icon pictures...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2015-01-16, 14:28   Link #13187
Gravitas Free Zone

The major benefit is the perks and XP that they will start out with.
Old 2015-01-16, 19:50   Link #13188
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I don't understand why personal missions have platoon requirements making them less "personal" than most of the normal missions. I'm up to the 11th light tank mission but can't go any further since I don't have any friends that play artillery.

It's quite a shame since I have a few tanks that really could've used the female crews.
Old 2015-01-16, 20:02   Link #13189
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

My winrate is stuck at 45%. And having see-saw battles isn't helping me.

Well, gotta be patient and grind more...
Old 2015-01-16, 21:27   Link #13190
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desu View Post
I don't understand why personal missions have platoon requirements making them less "personal" than most of the normal missions. I'm up to the 11th light tank mission but can't go any further since I don't have any friends that play artillery.

It's quite a shame since I have a few tanks that really could've used the female crews.
just to ask, do you play on NA? cause I could help you with that if you need someone with arty.
Old 2015-01-16, 21:51   Link #13191
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Okay, I spotted two bug in the micropatch and now I cant play WOT. I already posted it in the official forum.
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 22:43   Link #13192
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
just to ask, do you play on NA? cause I could help you with that if you need someone with arty.
I will also have to reappear from under my rock at some point and platoon to finish the missions that require platooning.

I briefly repurchased the AMX 40 today, for the third time.

This was the briefest ever, though. I bought it, dragged some gear out of the depot, looked at it again... and sold it right back. Less than two minutes.

It was just this echoing in my head the whole time.
Old 2015-01-17, 00:43   Link #13193
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I will also have to reappear from under my rock at some point and platoon to finish the missions that require platooning.

I briefly repurchased the AMX 40 today, for the third time.

This was the briefest ever, though. I bought it, dragged some gear out of the depot, looked at it again... and sold it right back. Less than two minutes.

It was just this echoing in my head the whole time.
Do you have some kind of.... tsundere relationship with that tank? I mean, I hate it too, but at least it has lasted longer in my garage.
Old 2015-01-17, 09:57   Link #13194
Gravitas Free Zone

While I've kept a few questionable vehicles around because I've made them work, the AMX 40 is just horrible. Using it comes down to getting a top-tier game maybe 25% of the time, and the rest of the time trying to hide and hope that no one notices you while you try to damage them with a limited selection of silly guns.

This (not me) does not happen very often.

I mean, I could enjoy being really silly with it, but WoT's stat-padding mentality is stuck in my mind enough that I really don't want to have to play three other games to make up for the potential damage that the AMX 40 will do to my ratings.

The realization I had this weekend as the big New Year's sales are ending was that while there are some holes in the tech tree that I've skipped (going back to the Cruiser II and some other low-tiers) and branches that I haven't done (Maus, Soviet frying pan mediums and the fast TD line), I just don't care about them that much to bother when I've already got a number of unfinished upper-tier projects.
Old 2015-01-17, 10:48   Link #13195
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I've considered playing the AMX 40 with my well-trained BatChat crew for the lulz, but I think I'll wait for the new engine, turret and gun to come out first.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-17, 11:36   Link #13196
Gravitas Free Zone

If the new AMX 40 has an uglier version of the S35/B1 turret, it'll lose most of its charm. And have much weaker turret.
Old 2015-01-17, 23:50   Link #13197
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Sadly I am on the Asia servers. With the way the mission is worded it sounds like I might be able to do the 1000 damage myself meaning I can fail platoon my way through it fairly easily.
Old 2015-01-18, 14:13   Link #13198
Gravitas Free Zone

I've reached the first platoon-requiring TD mission.

I'm close to the first TD-requiring SPG mission, but I can't quite clear the hurdle of "damage two targets with one shell". At least when I'm actually doing the mission. It happened three times in the previous missions, but when I get out the SU-14-2 and the premium high-radius HE out specifically to make this easier, nothing goes right.
Old 2015-01-18, 20:23   Link #13199
Tak

Speaking of which, I just played a game in my E-25 today. To my surprise, I actually used up all my ammo! Thats right, all 60 rounds of it, hiding behind the bushes just blasting away!

This little box's conceal factor is so damn good I can pull this off. Hot damn!

- Tak

Old 2015-01-19, 06:23   Link #13200
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I'm kind of glad that this is only for the stug IV -- apparently from the T28 Concept onward, all the missions come unlocked barring number 15, which means you can try to complete them at your own leisure.

Also had one of my best games in the T69 ever, and hilariously it was at the bottom tier in a tier X match while my platoonmate (Folterknecht of WOT EU fame playing his beta pre-server division US account) played his GWP (the only tank he had of worth left in his US account). Ended up with Top Gun. Gonna try to post the replay after I get home from work...

Too bad it won't offset the freefall I've experienced since the IMs began. Was at 56.47%, now at 56.41%.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks